** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 > June 10th - 16th

Aidymac

• 5 months later...

France to win to nil vs Romania - Evens with paddy power

1st game is always edgey and Romania are hardly prolific in front of goal. Their defensive record has been impressive but France looking like they have sorted out their problems from last time round look very strong. No value in them winning outright but at evens to win to nil, this is were the value is.

Hello everyone.... I don't usually bet on soccer but enjoy watching big European tournaments (UEFA CL and EURO)... I would like to start betting on football and I think this tournament is good for that.... I would like to know how to prepare myself and gain some good knowledge regarding the favourites and underdogs this year.... Some good websites or videos would be appreciated.... Thank you and may the betting gods favour us all.... 

I wouldn't normally put up a bet that I haven't put any money on myself but you could do worse than back 2 or more hat tricks in the tournament at 3/1 with Sportingbet!

I just get a message telling me that the maximum stake has been exceeded, regardless of how low a stake I enter, but I do know someone who managed to get a modest bet on it.

New territory here for the Euros with the increase from 16 to 24 teams. Considerable more matches (20 if I'm not mistaken) and some weaker teams than has previously been the case.

If you look at the World Cup from 82 onward (when it went to being a 24 team tournament), 6 out of 9 saw 2 or more hat tricks scored, including all 4 prior to the expansion to 32 teams in 98. There were 2 years where there was only 1 hat trick and 1 where there were none.

You can draw your own conclusions about the relevance of the World Cup stats to the Euros but, for me, 3/1 is a decent price for this bet over the 51 games.

On 20.05.2016, 14:08:49, Wanderer89 said:

France to win to nil vs Romania - Evens with paddy power

1st game is always edgey and Romania are hardly prolific in front of goal. Their defensive record has been impressive but France looking like they have sorted out their problems from last time round look very strong. No value in them winning outright but at evens to win to nil, this is were the value is.

This a very bad pick because Romania has Stanciu and another 3 dangerous players in attack. The Romanian attackers started scoring from some months ago. France's weakest point remains the defence. If you haven't watched yet Nicolae Stanciu, find out that he could be one of the rising stars in France. He put a lot of problems to Spain. 

Edited by quote

6 hours ago, vzuqev said:

This might not be the right topic to ask this, but is there going to be a PL Forum Competiton for the Euros like it was for the World Cup 2 years ago ?

Hi vzuquev,

I decided against it as we're very busy in the background building a much better website, with many more features, easier to navigate both desktop and mobile. 

On 6/2/2016, 9:52:26, harry_rag said:

I wouldn't normally put up a bet that I haven't put any money on myself but you could do worse than back 2 or more hat tricks in the tournament at 3/1 with Sportingbet!

New territory here for the Euros with the increase from 16 to 24 teams. Considerable more matches (20 if I'm not mistaken) and some weaker teams than has previously been the case.

If you look at the World Cup from 82 onward (when it went to being a 24 team tournament), 6 out of 9 saw 2 or more hat tricks scored, including all 4 prior to the expansion to 32 teams in 98. There were 2 years where there was only 1 hat trick and 1 where there were none.

You can draw your own conclusions about the relevance of the World Cup stats to the Euros but, for me, 3/1 is a decent price for this bet over the 51 games.

I realise I've put this in the wrong thread, my apologies! It's now available with Unibet at 9/2 and includes extra time. Given my willingness to get on at 3/1 I obviously think that's a fantastic price!

any chances romania can get something here? the results of their latest tests look not that bad to me, including a draw against spain... france is of course one of the teams that might win the euro title, but that will be the first match, they might need to get used to each other... 

any romanian insiders here? any opinions about the romanians eventually achieving a draw here? I do not know the romanian team and did not see them in any of their latest games. but as I said: their testing results look not that bad too me, even if they played against some really weak teams except spain...

Albania v Switzerland

No goal fest in opener

Albania are the outsiders to win Euro 2016 and the lowest of the 24 teams that have qualified for the finals in the FIFA world rankings. Even though Switzerland are 31 places above them in the standings the underdogs can avoid defeat in the opening fixture in Group A that also includes France and Romania. The average number of goals per match increases over each stage of tournaments and this first start has less than 2.5 goals written all over it and both teams are unlikely to score.

Read the full preview with tips at: http://punts.pl/3fbrya

I am pretty worried and fearful when I think of team France. While not as bad as team England who frequently crumbles at critical moments, team France performance has been swinging up and down over the years, though they did well at the 2014 World Cup. I personally think that low odds for France 1x2 is simply because of their quality, ranking and also the team, on paper that is.

Kind of interested in a DRAW between France and Romania. That will be freak enough.

3 hours ago, mrclubbie said:

I am pretty worried and fearful when I think of team France. While not as bad as team England who frequently crumbles at critical moments, team France performance has been swinging up and down over the years, though they did well at the 2014 World Cup. I personally think that low odds for France 1x2 is simply because of their quality, ranking and also the team, on paper that is.

Kind of interested in a DRAW between France and Romania. That will be freak enough.

Me to, 4 out of 5 matches between them have ended in draw and France have won 2-0 once at home in a qualifier.

On 06.06.2016, 19:03:23, BundesligaBets said:

any chances romania can get something here? the results of their latest tests look not that bad to me, including a draw against spain... france is of course one of the teams that might win the euro title, but that will be the first match, they might need to get used to each other... 

any romanian insiders here? any opinions about the romanians eventually achieving a draw here? I do not know the romanian team and did not see them in any of their latest games. but as I said: their testing results look not that bad too me, even if they played against some really weak teams except spain...

What do you mean? Romania got draws against Spain, Italy, Argentina and Uruguay. 

1 hour ago, quote said:

What do you mean? Romania got draws against Spain, Italy, Argentina and Uruguay. 

I saw they drew against spain, but in their other latest five games they played against Ukraine, Georgia, Congo, Lithuania and Beroe Stara Zagora (Bulgarian team, I think..).. I do not think these teams are strong... Thanks for the info on the draws against Italy, Uruguay and Argentina. I see that other have some doubts on France winning their opening game clearly...

Edited by BundesligaBets

Germany v Ukraine

A case of how many

Ukraine have never beaten Germany and that record looks set to continue when they meet in their first match in Euro 2016. In fact the current world champions can win the fixture by more than one goal so should be backed giving up one goal in the handicap markets. Thomas Muller averages almost a goal every two matches over 70 internationals and is a player to back to score at any time. The margin of victory could be enough for the total goals tally to be over 2.5 and that one tip for this match. 

To read the full preview please visit:  http://punts.pl/WobAjl

France vs Romania: Host nation kicks off Euro 2016

The 2016 European Championship starts on Friday night with an 8pm kick off between host nation France and Group A dark horses Romania. Didier Deschamps side will be looking to win a fourth major tournament trophy for their country on home territory but Anghel Iordanescu's team only conceded 2 goals in an undefeated qualification campaign so will provide stern opposition in the opening game.

Selection

Asian Handicap: Romania +1.25 @ 2.15 with bet365

Full Article: http://punts.pl/isj1iL

Wales vs Slovakia: 58 years of hurt vanquished as Dragons prepare for battle

The first home nation in action at Euro 2016 is Wales who take on Slovakia in the opening match of Group B this Saturday evening in a 5pm kick off. It is the first time at a European Championship for both sides. Wales navigated their way through a tricky group containing Belgium and Bosnia-Herzegovina in qualifying. Slovakia are on an unbeaten run of 8 games and have also claimed the scalps of both the reigning world champions Germany and the reigning European champions Spain over the past couple of years.

Selections

Asian Handicap: Slovakia 0 @ 1.95 with bet365

Anytime Scorer: Marek Hamsik @ 3.75 with Sky Bet

Full Article: http://punts.pl/dBbYWK

England vs Russia: Can Hodgson's Three Lions begin Euro 2016 with a roar?

England kick off their 2016 European Championship with a crunch game against an in-form Russia side. Roy Hodgson's men won 10 of their 10 group matches to qualify with ease. Leonid Slutsky's side needed a late burst of four wins to seal their finals spot. A win for either side would set them up to qualify but defeat could leave them facing high pressure games against a Wales and a Slovakia side that have proven to be tough to beat.

Selections

England Winning at HT and FT @ 3.2 with Coral

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.10 with Paddy Power

Full Article: http://punts.pl/FDHf7j

Turkey v Croatia

Little decided in group opener

If the FIFA world rankings are a good form guide Turkey should be the favourites to win their Euro 2016 match against Croatia in Group D on Sunday at the Parc des Princes in Paris. The latest match odds do not tally with the standings so backing the draw in a potentially tight contest is the best option. Recent scoring trends for both sides point to a low-scoring encounter so under 2.5 seems the best option for total goals betting. Correct score punters may wish to consider 1-1 as a potential outcome.  Another possible scenario is a goalless match which allows both teams to regroup with a point won.

To read the full preview please visit:  http://punts.pl/7FzEwv

Edited by IanH

France v Romania

France: no absences

Out of squad: Jeremy Mathieu (5/0 d), Lassana Diarra (33/0 m), Raphaël Varane (29/2 d), Mamadou Sakho (28/2 d), Mathieu Debuchy (27/2 d), Mathieu Valbuena (52/8 m), Karim Benzema (81/27 f, top scorer, internal suspension)

Romania: no absences

Out of squad: Alexandru Maxim (28/2 m), Raul Rusescu (10/1 f), Paul Papp (18/3 d), Dorin Goian (59/5 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 90 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Belgium v Italy

Winners to take control of group

Belgium were unimpressive at the 2014 World Cup but they possess the quality to have a good tournament at Euro 2016 and that process can begin by beating Italy in Lyons on Monday in Group E. Republic of Ireland and Sweden are the other teams in the group which Belgium can win by taking maximum points from their three fixtures. Italy will be weakened by injuries and omissions from the squad and Belgium can beat them in their first match. Scoring records in qualifying suggest a low scoring match and a narrow win for the Red Devils.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/JO4Ceq

I agree with @StevieDay1983 - match between England and Russia will be the derby of the group. This match can be good opportunity for the punters. Because this is the first game for both teams, but it's always unlikely who will be the winner. I use mollybet because it offers the possibility to bet on more bookies, and compares the odds. I have an account on mollybet through a broker betinasia. This is screenshot of the odds. What you think?

KALLE1.png

Edited by Niceguy