** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 > June 10th - 16th

Aidymac

I fancy Belgium not to lose against Italy. Odds drifted a bit and I think represent a bit of value now at 1,45. As I mentioned in my preview, Italy looks toothless in offense and not as secure in defense as you'd expect them to. I expect another slow grindfest tonight and both team will probably be happy with a point. Belgium have far more options to score and I think they are more likely to do so of the two.I'd say about 10 ticks value at these odds.

Belgium +0,5 vs Italy - 1 Unit@1,45 (Betfair)

Austria vs Hungary

Habsburg neighbours playing against one another in the 2nd final match of round 1. Just over 100 years ago, both nations were still under a single dual-monarchy. Anyway, not important.

In terms of H2H stats, Hungary is ahead with 66W 31D 40L in all encounters. In recent history, Hungary has been the better team. Over the past 82 years both teams met 16 times with Austria winning 3, Hungary winning 8 and 5 draws. Yet, these stats mean very very little today.

Austria is in a brilliant form especially the Euro qualifications, 9W and 1D, scoring 22 and conceding only 5 goals. For Hungary, they managed 6W 4D 2L, scoring 14 and conceding 11 goals.

Both teams have not impressed well in their recent matches, though. Austria has been shaky in their last 5 matches (all friendlies), LWLWL, scoring 6 conceding 8. For Hungary, they played 3 friendlies, DDL, scoring 1 conceding 3.

Last checked, the odds offered for this match seems pretty similar with the odds offered for Poland's match (Bet365 offering 1.7x while my side is only 1.60 - same as Poland). So it might be a good possibility this match will end in the similar fashion as Poland's match.

What do you think ?

Wow, this tournament looks like a gift so far for betting on so let's work together to maximise that gift!

Top level football is dominated by defence at the best of times. However the new format for this tournament - which corresponds to an old World Cup format - whereby most of the teams who finish in third place in the groups will progress to the knockout stages seems to have only magnified the defensive nature of football. Teams here have little to gain and everything to lose by attacking and trying to win games and given that three 0-0 draws would more than likely be enough to progress to the knockout stages, it is leading to some predictably cagey affairs.

So far we have seen: 

Only 22 goals in 12 games, which is obviously well under 2 goals per game.

Every single game went under 3.5 goals.

The last 9 games in a row have gone under 2.5 goals. 

No team scored more than 2 goals in their opening game.

Only 5 teams (out of 24) scored more than 1 goal in their opening game. 

However, amazingly given how low-scoring things were in total, there were no 0-0 draws in the first round of games. 

Infact, there were only four different scorelines which cropped up in the opening round of games, which were 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 and 1-1.

So, I have been taking advantage of this as best I can. For recent matches, I have been placing five bets each time: A little bit on 'under 0.5 goals,' a bit more on 'under 1.5 goals,' yet more on 'under 2.5 goals,' even more on 'under 3.5 goals' and lumping on 'under 4.5 goals.' Make sense?

Is this the most profitable way I can take advantage or can you see a better way? I think I have been unlucky in that there haven't been any 0-0 scorelines - which I see as merely an anomaly, unless people think otherwise? - so that has cost me a fair bit of potential profit.

Would love to hear a more informed opinion on how to maximise profit on a trend like this because it shouldn't end any time soon.

(I should add, I am intending on being wary of France - Albania and Germany - Northern Ireland, by far the biggest potential mismatches of the tournament.)

Edited by potus

Germany v Poland

Two first phase winners meet in close match

Germany and Poland were the opening match winners in the first phase of Group C at Euro 2016 and both sides can remain unbeaten with a draw in their fixture in Paris on Thursday. There are goals in both sides so a goalless draw looks unlikely so backing both teams to score and more than two goals are other betting options. All three bets can be covered by betting on a correct score of 2-2 or backing the individual elements. Only one match of the first 12 in the tournament produced more than two goals but this fixture could be another.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/crChdN

39 minutes ago, IanH said:

Germany v Poland

Two first phase winners meet in close match

Germany and Poland were the opening match winners in the first phase of Group C at Euro 2016 and both sides can remain unbeaten with a draw in their fixture in Paris on Thursday. There are goals in both sides so a goalless draw looks unlikely so backing both teams to score and more than two goals are other betting options. All three bets can be covered by betting on a correct score of 2-2 or backing the individual elements. Only one match of the first 12 in the tournament produced more than two goals but this fixture could be another.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/crChdN

There were two matches which produced more than 2 goals.

England vs Wales: Stage set for The Battle of Britain

One of the biggest fixtures of the group stages takes place this Thursday afternoon at 2pm BST when home nations England and Wales go head-to-head in The Battle of Britain. England will need a win if they are to avoid leaving qualification for the 2nd Round in the balance entering their final group game. Wales need just 1 point to secure their spot in the last 16.

Selections

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.15 with BetVictor

England Winning at HT and FT @ 2.50 with Coral

Full Article: http://punts.pl/AblakY

Ukraine vs Northern Ireland: O'Neill's men face must-win clash

Group C will see two sides battling for their survival in the competition when Ukraine play Northern Ireland on Thursday in a 5pm kick off. Both teams lost their opening matches of the tournament and will need a win to avoid requiring a victory under the high-pressure situation of a last game against superior opposition. Will Ukraine recover from the two goal defeat to Germany and will Northern Ireland finally get a shot on target?

Selection

Ukraine To Win To Nil @ 2.25 with Sky Bet

Full Article: http://punts.pl/agmVXJ

Hi guys, @TheBeast - you can found more information about EURO 2016 on the http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/. But if you want to bet on the different games I recommend you to look at betting sites such as: sbobet, pinnacle or betfair. Because with those you can bet without the risk of being limited. But if you want to get even better odds I'd recommend to use Mollybet. I use mollybet via betinasia.com, because they connect all my betting accounts to one account, and I can compare odds from the different bookmakers. On the screenshot you can see the example of the odds of different bookies for same game.

i14^cimgpsh_orig.png

England v Wales

England: no absences

Out of squad: Fabian Delph (9/0 m), Phil Jagielka (39/3 d), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (24/5 m), Michael Carrick (34/0 m), Kieran Gibbs (10/0 d), Phil Jones (20/0 d), Theo Walcott (43/8 f), Danny Welbeck (34/14 f, 2nd top scorer), Andros Townsend (11/3 m)

Wales: Wayne Hennessey (57/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful)

Out of squad: Adam Matthews (13/0 d), Andrew Crofts (28/0 m)

Germany v Poland

Germany: Mats Hummels (46/4 d, doubtful)

Out of squad: Antonio Rüdiger (11/0 d), Max Kruse (14/4 f), Ilkay Gundogan (16/4 m), Karim Bellarabi (10/1 m), Marco Reus (29/9 m)

Poland: Wojciech Szczęsny (27/0 first goalkeeper)

Out of squad: Maciej Rybus (41/2 d), Łukasz Szukała (17/1 d), Paweł Olkowski (13/0 d), Paweł Wszołek (8/2 m), Ariel Borysiuk (12/0 m), Sebastian Mila (38/8 m), Artur Sobiech (13/2 f), Łukasz Teodorczyk (8/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 90 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com