** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 > June 10th - 16th

Aidymac

England vs Russia 

England to Win @10/11 for medium stakes 

Draw 1-1 @6/1 as a small cover bet

So I heard today that England have never won their opening game in the Euro's , and although I believe that Russia should not be underestimated we have a younger & hungrier team than we have seen in recent Majors , If we can Dier , Alli and Wilshere all playing in the midfield diamond I think this will bring the best out of Rooney who I belief holds a key role in bringing the younger players through to their potential. 

I just don't see us losing this game the only other result I see is a 1 all draw. 

Poland vs Northern Ireland: Tough start to Euro 2016 for O'Neill's history makers

Michael O'Neill's Northern Ireland face a tall order in their opening game of the 2016 European Championship when they play Poland. Robert Lewandowski and co have only lost 1 of their last 9 matches but Northern Ireland have earned a reputation for being a hard team to grind down and beat.

Selection

Anytime Scorer: Robert Lewandowski @ 2.00 with BetVictor

Full Article: http://punts.pl/7UQfZQ

Spain v Czech Republic

Goals for both sides

Spain have won the last two European Championships but are not certain to win their though they can make a good start to their Euro 2016 campaign by beating Czech Republic in Toulouse on Monday. The reverse fixture brings together Croatia and Turkey and it is the former that can upset the odds and qualify for the round of the last 16 by winning Group D. Czech Republic are the outsiders in group betting so Spain can rack up some goals and backing them -2 is an option in the handicap markets. CzechRepublic rarely fail to score and had one blank in ten qualifying matches.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/pcoffV

Edited by IanH

Republic of Ireland vs Sweden: Winning start vital for O'Neill's men in Group of Death

Martin O'Neill's Republic of Ireland will start their 2016 European Championship story on Monday evening at 5pm when they play another side that reached the finals by virtue of the play-offs in Sweden. Zlatan Ibrahimovic is looking to score 3 goals in this tournament to equal Michel Platini's record of 9 goals scored at European Championships but Republic of Ireland will be keen to spoil his ambitions and get three points in their first match of the tournament.

Selections

>BTTS “Yes” @ 2.2 with bet365

Anytime Scorer: Zlatan Ibrahimovic @ 2.45 with BetVictor

Full Article: http://punts.pl/0XfJ0o

Austria v Hungary 

Goals and definite result expected

Austria are seven places above Hungary in the FIFA world rankings and can confirm that superiority by winning their Euro 2016 match in Bordeaux on Tuesday. Portugal play Iceland later in the evening and combining both favourites creates the first banker double of the tournament.  Hungary and Iceland have done well to qualify but they are not as good as Austria and Portugal who should qualify for the next stage by finishing first and second.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/pjfUXs

France - Romania Opening Match

The opening match is always tricky since the teams need to adapt with each other.  France look favourites with 1.38 for winning the game.  France have a good attacking record but their problem is at the back. France will be looking to score from set pieces as they are deadly. On the other hand Romania are tight at the back. Looking at their record of Euro preparations they conceded few goals and didn't score much.  

I think  Over 1.5 or 2.5 (bit risky)

Goodluck mates   

1 hour ago, tabonem said:

France - Romania Opening Match

The opening match is always tricky since the teams need to adapt with each other.  France look favourites with 1.38 for winning the game.  France have a good attacking record but their problem is at the back. France will be looking to score from set pieces as they are deadly. On the other hand Romania are tight at the back. Looking at their record of Euro preparations they conceded few goals and didn't score much.  

I think  Over 1.5 or 2.5 (bit risky)

Goodluck mates   

:):) 1st winner took bet at 2.18 Betfair 

Wales vs Slovakia

Very tough match to make a choice. I believe this is the first Euro competition for both sides, and both sides only met twice throughout their history.

Somehow I feel that the 1x2 odds are kind of weird. Without focusing on the performance on the pitch, Wales have not won in the last 4 matches and only won once in the last 8 matches. On the other hand, Slovakia is unbeaten in 8 matches and interestingly, they had a very good run since the loss against Russia back in May 2014, winning 14 matches drawing 4 and only losing 2 along the way till now.

I thought somehow Slovakia should be given a slight edge against Wales but it seems that the market don't feel so ?

I'm tempted by the odds on "Both teams to score" but "Draw" seems like another option here. However, let me expose few thoughts on my prediction for the upcoming game number three at Euro 2016, which is also the first match from Group B. 
Wales and Slovakia are two of all five debutants and they're surely in shadow of the other two sides in their group - Russia and England. Only three hours before group's derby in Marseille, Wales and Slovakia will meet for their third encounter, this time on neutral venue, in another French city but in the western part - Bordeaux. This game can mean too much for both teams who seem to be balanced and we won't be wrong if we describe them as "teams from the same caliber". Possible win will be a huge step and confidence boost before the next two games, while defeat can cost a lot. 
Wales and Slovakia are similar for another reason as they both have one big name in the squad and if Gareth Bale is the one for "The Dragons", Napoli's play maker Marek Hamsik is the hearth of any Slovakian effort. Last example of that was the beautiful goal he scored in Germany and which influenced the marvelous comeback against "Die Mannschaft" - from 0:1 to 3:1. Great success which was part from Slovakia's unbeaten run - seventh in a row, but they're already eight and "The Repre" have 5 wins and three draws in that period. 
Wales remains without a victory in 2016 and Chris Coleman's men suffered some defeats after closing their qualifying process. Even more, Wales lost by Sweden in their last friendly and the 0:3 defeat in Stockholm came in worst possible moment, only six days before their first ever game on the European Championship finals. Gareth Bale was engaged with his club team until late May as he lifted the Champions League trophy, so he took part in around 1/3 of that game, after he subbed Leicester City's Welsh midfielder Andy King.
This time I expect completely different face by the British team and I expect one fierce battle, which can be crucial for any further hopes of both sides. 
Recommending the odds for goals by both teams - "Both teams to score - Yes". Great value and it surely deserves some stake. Slovakia were brilliant in their Euro 2016 preparation and they achieved some remarkable wins against the last two World Cup champions - Spain and Germany, but Wales have also shown they can be more competitive in the meaningful games. 

More analysis on the opening Group B game for all who are interested in Euro 2016: Wales vs Slovakia

Pick: Both teams to score - Yes. 
Odd: 2.30 @ NetBet
Stake: (5/10)

EURO 2016: England - Russia

England always come into these championships with solid qualification results, the same old squad, talking a good game and with the rest of the world/europe laughing at the underachievers ! The first is still true, they were a perfect 10/10 in qualification, but this time everything else feels different, the old guard is gone , no Lampard, Gerrard etc and with a very young, but fresh, talented, hungry and energetic squad including Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Alli, Barkley, Wilshire, Dier, Sterling , Stones and Sturridge, who not only have a togetherness and self belief, but the repect of their peers . They have nothing to fear, seven of that group are aged 18-22, are only going to improve ( a lot) and will have many major championships ahead, anything they do in Euro 2016 is really a bonus .

Russia are exactly the opposite, they struggled through a weak qualification group and have conceded nine goals in warm up friendlies to France, Croatia and Czech Republic, 12 of their squad are in their 30th year , it looks like top scorer Aleksandr Kerzhakov's career is over and Alan Dzagoev and Igor Denisov arguably their two best players ( actually not really a debate in the case of Dzagoev) , along with several others were forced to withdraw and the ageing backline looks vulnerable and looks as if they were picked from the cast list of Dad's Army. On top of all these troubles ( Fabio Capello left the squad in terrible shape and devoid of confidence), it was reported that a number of players have had to sit out training this week and the two camps could hardly be in more polar opposite moods coming into these championships.

England -0.75 ball 2.26 asian line/Sportmarket

Today's early game seems to be flying under the radar a bit. Have bought Embolo's goal minutes at 12 with Spreadex and Swiss corners squared at 49 with the same firm.

First bet is void if he doesn't start and, in my opinion, decent value if he does. I make it better than the 3/1 anytime, promising 19 year old who bagged 10 for Basel this season.

A bet where 7 Swiss corners sees you break even seems reasonable enough. I expect Albania to be difficult to breakdown and the Swiss to earn a fair few corners. They had 4 hauls of 10 or more in qualifying.

Good luck with your bets, off to see if my inclination to side with Slovakia in some way stacks up or not!

Albania - Switzerland 

Very difficult match to predict.  Albania doesn't have any distinctive players.  Looking at Swiss history in involvement to international participation I would favour their side.  I would go for a win for the Swiss.  I think it will still be though to go through Albania's defence. 

Under 2.5 or Swiss to win

GoodLuck mates - Enjoy the game

Portugal v Iceland

Goals could be scarce in Saint Etienne

The best footballer in the world plays for Portugal and by population Iceland are the smallest qualifier for Euro 2016. A win for the country that Cristiano Ronaldo represents is the most obvious outcome but Iceland can punch above their weight and draw this match in the first round played in Saint Etienne on Tuesday. The match is between sides with the biggest gap in the FIFA world rankings of the first set of fixtures. Results from qualifying suggest this will be a low scoring encounter.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/E3Qocx

Edited by IanH

Wales - Slovakia

Third game of the competition, first game of Group B.  In my opinion both teams have attacking mentality, yet again they are not that sharp up front looking to past matches. Its very difficult to predict this game as it is well balanced.  You just have to find the value in a bet.  As stated above both Bale and Hamsik can make a difference in their team. From Group B these are the 2 under dogs so they both need to get the most of the game as its the easiest encounter. Wales then they have a difficult match against England.  

so my bet will be BTTS 2.29 (value in bet but still risky)

2 hours ago, tabonem said:

Albania - Switzerland 

Very difficult match to predict.  Albania doesn't have any distinctive players.  Looking at Swiss history in involvement to international participation I would favour their side.  I would go for a win for the Swiss.  I think it will still be though to go through Albania's defence. 

Under 2.5 or Swiss to win

GoodLuck mates - Enjoy the game

:p:p 2 out of 2 

England - Russia

England had a great performance in qualifying (like every year :p ) According to statistics England never won their first match of the competition.  They are strong upfront but a bit shaky at the back.  England play a very attacking role and they have the means to do that.  If they will be careful at the back they can advance quite easily.  On the other hand Russia is though to beat as always.  Who ever wins this match could cost the qualification.  Both teams will face 2 teams (Wales and Slovakia) which are hard to break.  

My bet Over 2.5  Goals -  2.54

Good Luck mates :-) 

7 hours ago, tabonem said:

Wales - Slovakia

Third game of the competition, first game of Group B.  In my opinion both teams have attacking mentality, yet again they are not that sharp up front looking to past matches. Its very difficult to predict this game as it is well balanced.  You just have to find the value in a bet.  As stated above both Bale and Hamsik can make a difference in their team. From Group B these are the 2 under dogs so they both need to get the most of the game as its the easiest encounter. Wales then they have a difficult match against England.  

so my bet will be BTTS 2.29 (value in bet but still risky)

3 out of 3  :-P 

6 hours ago, tabonem said:

England - Russia

England had a great performance in qualifying (like every year :p ) According to statistics England never won their first match of the competition.  They are strong upfront but a bit shaky at the back.  England play a very attacking role and they have the means to do that.  If they will be careful at the back they can advance quite easily.  On the other hand Russia is though to beat as always.  Who ever wins this match could cost the qualification.  Both teams will face 2 teams (Wales and Slovakia) which are hard to break.  

My bet Over 2.5  Goals -  2.54

Good Luck mates :-) 

Classic England first match ....  :-( 3 out of 4 

Poland vs Northern Ireland

This will be Poland's 3rd Euro appearance while it is Northern Ireland's 1st Euro appearance.

Excluding out the performance and opponents, Poland had an good form along the way before the recent 2-1 defeat to Netherlands and a 0-0 stalemate with Lithuania, but they still managed to score over 34 goals since the start of 2015 though many were against weaker opponents. Defense wise seems to be shaky, conceded 10 goals in their last 10 matches, and not to forget they leaked goals against weaker opponents:

• Germany 3-1 Poland
  • Poland 8-1 Gibraltar
  • Scotland 2-2 Poland
  • Poland 2-1 Ireland
  • Poland 4-2 Iceland
  • Poland 3-1 Czech 
  • Poland 1-2 Netherlands 

Northern Ireland, on the other hand, is having an impressive form, 12 matches unbeaten with only 7 goals conceded.

Hard to see which team will prevail. My opinion is Poland will probably keep on pushing forward while Northern Ireland will play a more defensive approach in this match.

Yet, judging by the odds offered (Bet365 is currently offering 1.72 for Poland 1x2 while my side is only offering a pathetic 1.60), looks highly possible a tight scoreline and I feel Poland might just scrap a win out of this match. I kind of suspect that Poland 1x2 odds will rise later in the day.

Euro record - Poland has not won their opening match in Euro (2008 2-0 defeat, 2012 1-1 draw)

What do you think ?

Edited by mrclubbie

Germany vs Ukraine

Frequently I am reluctant to place bets on matches which involves a hot favourite, and for this match is the obvious cannot be more obvious enough. A straight win is what Germany requires badly and probably will put on a lot more pressure on the team.

Since 2015, Germany has been playing not too badly with upset days. 13 matches since 2015 with records as follows:

• DWLWWWLWLLWLW

However, one might wish to take a look at their last 4 performance -- LWLW, scoring 9 and conceding 7 -- Hardly good

Ukraine has been doing not too bad, competitive record since 2015 -- LDWWWDWLWDWWWW -- 6 matches unbeaten

Euro trivia:

• This is Ukraine's 2nd Euro appearance. They won 2-1 in their opening match back in 2008
  • Germany has not seen an opening match with more than 2 goals since 1980 (1980 0-1, 1984 0-0, 1988 1-1, 1992 1-1, 1996 2-0, 2000 1-1, 2004 1-1, 2008 2-0, 2012 1-0) and they have not lost an opening match in the same period (4W 5D)

What do you think ?

Russia v Slovakia

Tight East European contest expected

At certain times in their matches against Wales and England Slovakia and Russia played some good football. It is the Slovaks that look a better balanced side and they can confirm that impression by beating Russia in the second phase of matches in Group B. After four fixtures in Euro 2016 two matches produced more than two goals and two matches went under. Statistics from qualifying point to a low scoring match so correct bettors may consider a final result of 1-0 to Slovakia.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/edm8eL

Wales DNB @ 5.00 v England 

With a whole lot of pressure and a team full of bottlers, I think England could come unstuck yet again v Wales.  The defence isn't solid, and Bale will definitely be up for this game against a lot of his old affiliates. 

15% stakes on this, with the protection of money back if the game draws. 

7 hours ago, rjw209 said:

Wales DNB @ 5.00 v England 

With a whole lot of pressure and a team full of bottlers, I think England could come unstuck yet again v Wales.  The defence isn't solid, and Bale will definitely be up for this game against a lot of his old affiliates. 

15% stakes on this, with the protection of money back if the game draws. 

seems like a good bet who is or was this price with ?

Spain v Czech Republic

Spain: no absences

Out of squad: Juan Mata (41/10 m), Santi Cazorla (78/14 m), Paco Alcácer (13/6 f), Diego Costa (10/1 f), Daniel Carvajal (5/0 d), Isco (14/1 m)

Czech Republic: Marek Suchý (27/1 d, suspended), Bořek Dočkal (24/6 m, doubtful)

Out of squad: Matěj Vydra (17/5 f), Milan Petržela (17/0 m)

Belgium v Italy

Belgium: Thomas Meunier (5/0 d, doubtful)

Out of squad: Thomas Vermaelen (53/1 d), Yannick Carrasco (4/0 f), Thomas Meunier (5/0 d), Dedryck Boyata (2/0 d), Björn Engels (0/0 d), Guillaume Gillet (22/1 d), Vincent Kompany (70/4 d), Nacer Chadli (31/3 m), Steven Defour (46/2 m), Kevin Mirallas (50/9 f), Nicolas Lombaerts (39/3 d)

Italy: no absences

Out of squad: Riccardo Montolivo (62/2 m), Andrea Ranocchia (21/0 d), Domenico Criscito (22/0 d), Marco Verratti (15/1 m), Claudio Marchisio (54/5 m), Andrea Pirlo (116/13 m, 2nd top scorer), Alessio Cerci (14/0 f), Sebastian Giovinco (23/1 f), Fabio Quagliarella (25/6 f), Davide Astori (11/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 90 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Romania v Switzerland

Scoring trends to continue in second phase

A pattern has emerged over the opening round of Euro 2016 of narrow wins for the match favourites but Romania can defy that trend by beating Switzerland in the second phase. Five of the first seven group fixtures produced less than three goals and that run can be maintained because this Group A meeting in Paris on Wednesday looks like being a low scoring encounter. Correct score bettors may consider one nil to Romania though traditionally scoring increases when teams play for a second time.

For a full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/dQHBbH

France v Albania

First decisive win of the tournament

Euro 2016 needs a boost after off the field negative issues and France can do wonders for the tournament with a convincing victory over Albania in their second match. In the first seven fixtures only Germany won by more than one goal but France can cover a handicap of two goals when they meet Albania in Marseilles on Wednesday. A decisive victory can take the goals tally above two and Antoine Griezmann is due a goal and should be backed to score at any time. A second win for France will mean qualification for the knockout phase and that should be achieved with little fuss.

To read the full preview please visit: http://punts.pl/U9Og2J

Ireland returns at the European Championship after suffering three defeats four years ago and this time Martin O’Neill's men should be more prepared. Furthermore they're once again in a group considered for a "group of death" and at least on paper "The Boys in Green" must open their Euro 2016 quest with a clash against the "weakest possible enemy" (as it comes to their seeding). 
It will be really tough task for Ireland especially when they'll have to deal with Zlatan Ibrahimovic who's looking for another summer move, but he's fully focused at the Euro at this time. He scored a goal in all previous European Championships where Sweden participated and he even made it in each opening game for the Swedes - scoring against Bulgaria at Euro 2004, against Greece at Euro 2008 and the opening goal vs Ukraine four years ago. Thereafter Sweden lost. 
Both teams finished third in their qualifying groups and they had to take part in the play-offs where we once again observed that Ireland's progress comes mostly because of the teamwork while Sweden depends on Ibrahimovic and his efforts with the Yellow-blue jersey. 

Pick: Over 2 Goals
Odd: 1.98 @ NetBet
Stake: (7/10) 
I would rather been tempted by the proposed odds on "Over 2 Goals" here and after all low scoring affairs yesterday, I expect more goals from this clash. I'm not impressed by the Irish defense to be honest and despite the home wins against Germany and Bosnia (marked by clean sheets), they're still far from impressive when Ireland travels away. 
More details over the game, squads, information about the pick, for all interested in the first Euro 2016 Group E game: Ireland vs Sweden 

Pick 2: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Anytime Goalscorer 
Odd: 2.55 @ BetVictor
Stake: 3/10 

7 minutes ago, kevinjoh said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Czech Republic taking something against Spain. Both team to score for me is the best bet on this match.

I'm not impressed from by the prospects for some special goal affair here and that's why my expectations are going for "under 2.5". Will see about that but so far most of the favorites are winning the points, except England's slip.