** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League > Dec 5/7

05/12/2015 Arsenal 52.75 39.00 - 42.00 30.25 Sunderland +22.50
05/12/2015 Chelsea 27.25 30.50 - 33.50 29.00 Bournemouth -1.75
05/12/2015 Manchester Utd 34.50 26.00 - 21.00 41.00 West Ham -6.50
05/12/2015 Southampton 36.75 26.50 - 17.00 18.50 Aston Villa +18.25
05/12/2015 Stoke 24.50 19.00 - 23.50 40.75 Manchester City -16.25
05/12/2015 Swansea 19.75 19.00 - 61.00 60.50 Leicester -40.75
05/12/2015 Watford 25.75 39.00 - 17.50 33.25 Norwich -7.50
05/12/2015 West Brom 23.50 26.00 - 60.50 60.25 Tottenham -36.75
06/12/2015 Newcastle 33.50 24.00 - 71.00 53.75 Liverpool -20.25
07/12/2015 Everton 44.50 66.00 - 32.00 33.00 Crystal Palace +11.50

City will definitely own this one. But they have to be more careful with their actions. They cannot afford to experience another humiliation such as the one that they had against Liverpool.

The title race remains open knowing that they still hadn’t secured a formidable lead against Manchester United, Leicester and Arsenal.

Stoke 1-2 Manchester City

Swansea cannot be too confident with what they have accomplished so far. As mentioned, Leicester cannot be ignored nowadays and evidently, their strength is not short-lived.

Needless to say, Leicester will definitely dominate this match. Swansea, on the other hand, must step up their game or they might indeed, lose their Premier League statues.

Swansea 0-2 Leicester

Stoke vs Manchester City Preview: Capital One Cup Semi Finalists clash in Premier League duel

Both Stoke and Manchester City qualified for the Semi Finals of the Capital One Cup in midweek but it is back to the reality of the Premier League and the two sides will go head-to-head at the Britannia Stadium in a 12:45pm kick off this Saturday.

THE BET

European Handicap: Manchester City – 1 @ 15/8 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/stoke-vs-manchester-city-preview-capital-one-cup-semi-finalists-clash-in-premier-league-duel

Liverpool is playing really well on away matches, scored 13 goals on the last three away matches. Newcastle is in really bad position and they need to win badly, but I think they will lose this one. I think this match will be over 2,5 goals and Liverpool will win it. Tottenham has only one loss this whole season and I think they will keep it that way, but they only have 2 wins on away matches so it may be a draw.

Chelsea vs Bournemouth Preview: Mourinho aiming to cherry-pick win in road to recovery

Reigning Premier League champions Chelsea are starting to see results and performances pick up after a poor start to the season and they will be looking to continue the recovery as they welcome lowly Bournemouth to Stamford Bridge in the 5:30pm kick off on Saturday evening.

THE BET

European Handicap: Chelsea -1 @ 11/10 with Stan James

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-bournemouth-preview-mourinho-aiming-to-cherry-pick-win-in-road-to-recovery

I got all the predictions right last weekend, I could be on a roll :-)

Looking at this weekend, I think Arsenal will actually struggle to break down Sunderland, The Black Cats have got some kind of shape now so I see this one being either a narrow 1-0 win for the gunners or a 0-0 stalemate, remember Arsenal are withough Carzola or Sanchez. West Brom Spurs is intruguing. Spurs are clearly better but have not been unbelievale away from home, Kane could be the difference but Alli is back for this one so I see a 1-2 away win. Newcastle Liverpool, an eternally glamorous fixture, Liverpool away from home are unbelievable at the moment so I can't see past them bagging 3 more points although I think they may concede, something like 1-3.

Chelsea must get past Bournemouth.. mustn't they? I think United will beat West Ham if they play Martial upfront. Im not sure how they will if they don't...

Newcastle vs Liverpool Preview: Pressure on McClaren as Klopp's in-form Reds visit St James' Park

Relegation-threatened Newcastle will welcome Jurgen Klopp's high-flying Liverpool this Sunday in a 4pm kick off and there is pressure on the Toon Army manager Steve McClaren to get a positive result to avoid drifting further away from safety.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 3/4 with bet365

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-liverpool-preview-pressure-on-mcclaren-as-klopp-s-in-form-reds-visit-st-james-park

Arsenal v Sunderland

Sunderland have found their man that will save them this season.

Sam Allerdyce is a fantastic manager. He understands football, players, and what is needed.

They come off a week of two terrific wins in a row. Crazy stuff.

Sunderland will set up very difficult to beat at Arsenal.

They will play 9-10 guys behind the ball, but will overload forward, for set pieces. 

Arsenal have not shown me that they have the ability to easily break down such a defensive unit.

They have only won this fixture twice in the last five, with three games ending 0-0. 

Sunderland Double Chance (Sunderland win or draw) at 4.33 

The ratings have Leicester literally a MILE clear and they should never be ignored in my opinion. Swansea just appear to have lost their way for quite a while now, really struggling and I think they have a serious task to get anything from a Leicester side who are just having fun and playing like they're under no pressure whatsoever.

I can't have Swansea here at all.

Lay Swansea @ 2.80 Betfair 

Newcastle can't keep a clean sheet and Liverpool can't stop scoring and under Klopp are always likely to concede. This game just has GOALS written all over it, and I'd be putting Both Teams To Score at around 1.60 personally as it looks nailed on. 

A winner within 20 mins? Quite possibly.

Both Teams To Score @ 1.85 Unibet

Swansea vs Leicester I am definitely very very suspicious of this match.

Swansea has not won their last 4 matches and prior to the last win (Aston Villa 1-2 Swansea), they had a 6-match winless streak in all competitions. Home ground, they are winless in 5 matches (3D 2L) in all competitions.

(I treat the Hull-Leicester League Cup match as a draw at 90-min mark) Leicester is still having a good form, 5W 3D in their last 8 matches of all competitions. Their away form is also very good at the moment, and they have not lost an away match since March 2015, with 11W and 6D in their last 17 away matches.

Why am I suspicious of this match is because opening asian hdp is Swansea -0.25 which looks unbelievable, given the performance of both sides. As of now, the asian hdp has moved to level ball but to me, I still find it unbelievable.

Cross-referencing, last weekend matches there were also a number of matches with this similar scenario, like for example:

Hoffenheim vs Monchengladbach (away -0.25 against bottom placed Hoffenheim)

Bolton vs Brentford (level ball when the home team Bolton is having such awful form while Brentford's form is shaky but stable still)

Both these 2 matches ended in draws.

I am really tempted to take Swansea not to lose in this match.

What are your thoughts ?

Edited by mrclubbie

Premier League Swansea City - Leicester City

The visitors continue on their merry way and I doubt they would have been too disappointed with a home point against Manchester United last week, despite having the better of the clear goalscoring opportunities. They were happy to sit back, give United as much possession as they wanted and hit them on the break, tactics which are , of course, ideal for playing on the road and it is no coincidence that they have scored more goals away from the King Power Stadium. Hard to see them coming up short in the goal scoring department today, the Swans have won just once in ten and have conceded eight in their last four home starts and have been forced a little out of their preferred game plan and style by their desperate need to win and the huge pressure on boss Gary Monk, who could do no wrong four months ago, but is now getting the dreaded vote of confidence on a regular basis, such is the life of a head coach, you are only as good as your last 2-3 results in modern football ! They will push and that is going to leave space for Leicester, who have pace to spare and they have scored in 18 straight games, 2+ in 12 of those and you do not need me to tell you about the exploits of Jamie Vardy. Confidence levels are through the roof at the Foxes and they will take to the field looking for the three points which might well take them back to the top of the table.

I do have my concerns about the visitors defensively and spoke about those ahead of last week's game ( preview is reproduced at the foot of this email), 1-1 at the break, a third goal seemed highly likely and I do not doubt if it had come, a fourth would have followed, but United did not stretch the home side enough on the flanks and play was very compacted in front of the penalty area. Hopefully the Swans will have learned from that, Monk had a "clear the air" meeting with his squad this week and feels the team took a lot from a much improved showing at Liverpool last week, but he has demanded his side be more aggressive in possession and when they have tried that previously this season, they have scored, but have been very vulnerable at the back, witness the 2-2 scoreline when they hosted struggling Bournemouth recently, the Cherries led 2-0 early before City fought back to tie things up at the break, but it was all Bournemouth in the second half and they could/should have scored 4. Hosts are going to need at least two to win this and I think they will gamble for the three points , with a trip to Manchester City up next and Monk likely to be looking for a new job this week or next with any other result .

over 2.75 goals 2.14 asian line/Sportmarket

Everton vs Crystal Palace Preview: Martinez hoping to build on Capital One Cup success

Two mid-table teams that possess identities of being attractive attacking sides go head-to-head at 8pm on Monday night with Roberto Martinez hoping his side can beat Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace to build on their Capital One Cup Quarter Final win in midweek.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 4/5 with bet365

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-crystal-palace-preview-martinez-hoping-to-build-on-capital-one-cup-success

I was expecting something closer to 1.50 for Liverpool to beat Newcastle, so away win @1.60 looks like great price. In their recent games away from home Liverpool took easy wins at Chelsea, Man City and Southampton, so they should be able to see off struggling Newcastle today. No Coutinho probably again and Can is out through suspension, but Henderson is back, Sturridge is back, and Newcastle seem to have few players out through injuries.