** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Calendar

Snoopdog

Monday, 30 Nov.

So here we are, getting into prime jumps season, yet they decide to give us 2 all weather flat meetings and just one jumps meeting at Plumpton. It wouldn't be so bad if one of the flat meeting was an evening card.

(As usual, nothing from Ireland on a Monday.)

Don't get me started on the Racing Calendar!!

Its a pathetic state of affairs all year round. The problem is they have moved that many big races to the weekend it has left us with nowt all week and then a glut of meetings on a Saturday. No body likes it, Punters, Jockeys, Trainers, Owners, Bookies yet they still do it.

The AW situation drives me mad and that will just get worse.

Further to the pushing of AW down our throats by creeping gradualism.

I thought bumpers were supposed to be an introduction to NH, just before starting hurdling. If Lingfield wants to run its bumpers on the AW surface, then the only difference from AW flat is no stalls, heavier jockeys and a usually longer distance of 2 miles. There's little to do with NH.

I ask myself why, and can only conclude there is much less maintenance to an AW surface than a turf surface, so it seems money driven.

It was sad to lose Folkestone and Hereford, but ARC seem in love with AW, eg Newcastle.