** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barclays Premier League ~ November 21st - 23rd

Aidymac

Premier League Ratings ~ Top Rated Arsenal

21/11/2015Chelsea28.5020.00 - 32.0034.75Norwich-6.25
21/11/2015Everton43.0040.50 - 15.5024.00Aston Villa+19.00
21/11/2015Manchester City69.0062.00 - 48.0041.00Liverpool+28.00
21/11/2015Newcastle40.5049.00 - 58.0052.75Leicester-12.25
21/11/2015Southampton41.7535.50 - 23.0027.25Stoke+14.50
21/11/2015Swansea18.2513.00 - 15.5022.25Bournemouth-4.00
21/11/2015Watford29.5027.00 - 35.5034.00Manchester Utd-4.50
21/11/2015West Brom23.2526.50 - 62.5061.00Arsenal-37.75
22/11/2015Tottenham48.5041.50 - 40.0042.00West Ham+6.50
23/11/2015Crystal Palace28.5017.50 - 33.5024.75Sunderland+3.75

Another Brutal International break, killing all momentum in the season.

Just a couple of interesting stats regarding highest scoring half betting.

Its a bet that you can take on which half will have the most goals.

It's a tough bet to win, but normally the odds are higher.

In the EPL at home in 6 games, Arsenal have the lowest number of 2nd half game goals.

They have just 3 in the second half, and 9 in the first half ( the 2nd - 1st differential is -6).

Bournemouth also have a -6 , they have 10 1st half goals and just 4 second.

The flip side is a high positive differential.

Here Leicester lead, with 1st half 7 and 2nd half 17 and 

Man United are second in this stat ... 1st half 2 (yes just 2 game goals in 6 games, yawn) and 8 in the 2nd half.

Away from home Arsenal have the second highest 2nd - 1st differential. (5 & 14 for 9 diff)

They are away to WBA next game. 

Is the highest scoring half (2nd), at odds of 2.05 a decent bet here ?

If not what should the odds be closer too ?

Edited by neilovan

One bet that's been very successful for me this season is going against Chelsea to win ever since I saw the Charity Shield, it seems obvious now, but their defence just always look like conceeding and the bookies still offer very inviting odds on the draw or the other team regardless of who Chelsea are playing. They have Norwich next at home and I've a good mind to go against Chelsea to win again.

Looking at the other fixtures, I think the City Liverpool game hinges on if Sergio and/or Sturridge are back. Liverpool play best on the counter at the moment against teams that like to play openly of which City do, but they lack finishing ability(apart from Sturridge and occasionally Coutinho from range) of which City have plenty of. I would ordinarily go for a draw here but as Sakho is injured for the Pool and City have ample replacement in front of goal particularly De Bruyne and Bony I think City will win unless Sturridge is back in which case I predict a draw.

I see Everton getting past Villa although City couldn't last time out, United will struggle to score against Watford unless Martial is upfront imo, and Arsenal should find a way past the Baggies. Newcastle Leicester is anyone's guess and I see the edgy game at White Hart lane with spurs against West Ham being a narrow Spurs win as the Hammers are without Payet for a while now.

Edited by IanRush-ftw
spelling mistake

For me the Watford United game is interesting.

United are not conceding goals, and Watford are not scoring them.

United's style is boring, but it's far easier to play with the ball, than to be chasing it for 70 minutes.

I'm wondering if the style keeps players fresher for longer. Maybe we'll see this in Jan and Feb.

Can't really see Watford getting on the scoresheet, while Man U are hardly setting it on fire.

Perhaps the best bet here is NO to both teams to score which is priced at 1.75

It’s a do or die match for Chelsea. Lose this game and they’ll definitely hit the relegation zone.

Norwich should prepare well for the Blues are out to take the three points. Moreover, they quite have a reputation when it comes to their performance during away matches. They’ve already lost 16 of their last 17 away matches and there’s a chance that they’ll stumble in this encounter.

Chelsea 2-1 Norwich

One match sticks out a mile for a value bet to me and that's Swansea v Bournemouth. The ratings have both teams as poor in the final third of the pitch so goals should be at a premium in an important match for both teams - neither can afford to lose it is my point.

Given the poor rating figures, I was expecting to see 1.70 - 1.80 for the Under 2.5 goals option, but as you can see below it's a good bit higher so definitely have to be involved here.

Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 Betvictor

On 16/11/2015, 20:32:02, Paul Ross said:

One match sticks out a mile for a value bet to me and that's Swansea v Bournemouth. The ratings have both teams as poor in the final third of the pitch so goals should be at a premium in an important match for both teams - neither can afford to lose it is my point.

Given the poor rating figures, I was expecting to see 1.70 - 1.80 for the Under 2.5 goals option, but as you can see below it's a good bit higher so definitely have to be involved here.

Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 Betvictor

Agree about that Swansea game. If you look at it, Monk will just want to avoid a defeat and Bournemouth would definitely take a draw. This has a narrow Swans win or a draw written all over it.

Watford vs Manchester United Preview: Van Gaal targeting sixth consecutive clean sheet

The Hornets welcome United to Vicarage Road this Saturday lunch time and the visitors are coming into the match off the back of five clean sheets in a row and will be looking to make it six on the trot.

THE BET

Either Team To Win To Nil @ 15/8 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/watford-vs-manchester-united-preview-van-gaal-targeting-sixth-consecutive-clean-sheet

I have to disagree with some of you here. I think you are choosing too obvious bets and as you know form and stats are changeable.

First of all, United's games will not be boring and goalless forever. We saw their "great" defense against Arsenal - Watford is not Arsenal but does have some weapons upfront. I am waiting for Deeney to explode and make few games with consecutive scoring. For me, this is a BTS @ odds around 2.

Chelsea? Everybody wonders about them. But lets look from the players side. They are people, they will say ENOUGH eventually and start playing for themselves, for their satisfaction. How many games will pass until Hazard will become efficient? I don't think many. Norwich is everything but a powerhouse in defense and Chelsea should have an easy job against a team that doesn't know how to defend. Chelsea Home win and Team over 1,5 @ around 1,7.

Newcastle Team Over 1,5 @ odds 2,3

Everybody expects an open game, but I am looking this from the other side. Leicester cannot be level with points with the best teams all season long and will eventually slip down. Newcastle plays motivated at home like always and surely will be dying to beat team No.3 at the table. Leicester does not have a defense that is very strong and I expect a good game from Wijnaldum, Ayoze, Mitrovic, Thauvin to make several good chances. I wouldn't take into consideration a bad game at Bournemouth last week as they were going for a draw and luckily got away with a win.

Manchester City vs Liverpool Preview: Etihad Stadium next stop for Klopp

League leaders Manchester City entertain Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium this Saturday evening and the home side will be hoping to welcome back a number of key first team players for this huge clash that could determine whether the Reds are realistic title contenders or not.

THE BET

European Handicap: Manchester City -1 @ 9/5 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/manchester-city-vs-liverpool-preview-etihad-stadium-the-next-stop-for-klopp

On 16 November 2015 at 03:25:55, sandrasuzuki said:

It’s a do or die match for Chelsea. Lose this game and they’ll definitely hit the relegation zone.

Norwich should prepare well for the Blues are out to take the three points. Moreover, they quite have a reputation when it comes to their performance during away matches. They’ve already lost 16 of their last 17 away matches and there’s a chance that they’ll stumble in this encounter.

Chelsea 2-1 Norwich

Norwich fan here - whilst I wouldn't bet the house on us getting anything in this match, we definitely have NOT lost 16/17 away matches. I think our first away loss under Alex Neil was in October at Newcastle. 

Chelsea have, statistically, one of the weakest defenses in the league. Their table place is appropriate by these standards, teams that were worst in allowing opposition to create clear chances usually get relegated.

Norwich has just recently acquired their first clean sheet. Though they don't allow that many goals and defend well as a collective, they have consistently conceded at least once per match. They do good on the other side, which is a decent compensation. They didn't score only against Southampton away and WBA home. 

Soton are in the top three in the defensive part per the statistics mentioned above and WBA is a Pulis side, so that happens often. 

While the market is very shoddy the BTTS and over 2.5 @ 365 @ 2.37 looks good as of this moment.

Push some numbers or compare prices , Norwich to score is bound to be underestimated somewhere, despite hosts bad rep recently.

I agree with De Graaf that Chelsea have been poor this season and you just can't see how they can get back into the top 4 race let alone the title race. Liverpool have been very very random, it would surprise nobody if they went and beat City away with a Coutinho screamer, but it would also not surprise me if Aguero came back and got a hattrick. Spurs West Ham hasn't been mentioned but it's also a needly game, Spurs in form Hammers losing form so will be entertaining. If I had to pick two bankers this weekend it'd be Everton at home to Villa and Arsenal finding a way past the Baggies away from home and I've put my money where my mouth is on this mini accumulator.

West Bromwich v Arsenal

West Bromwich: Gareth McAuley (10/0 d, suspended), Ben Foster (0/0 g)

Arsenal: Laurent Koscielny (10/2 d, doubtful), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (10/0 m), Aaron Ramsey (9/1 m), Theo Walcott (8/2 f), Tomas Rosicky (0/0 m), Jack Wilshere (0/0 m), Danny Welbeck (0/0 m)

Manchester City v Liverpool FC

Manchester City: Fabian Delph (3/0 m), Pablo Zabaleta (2/0 d)(both doubtful), Wilfried Bony (10/2 f), Vincent Kompany (8/2 d), Samir Nasri (7/1 m), David Silva (5/1 m)

Liverpool FC: Daniel Sturridge (3/2 f, doubtful), Mamadou Sakho (7/0 d), Jose Enrique (0/0 d), Connor Randall (0/0 m), Joe Gomez (5/0 d), Danny Ings (5/2 f), Jordan Henderson (2/0 m), Jon Flanagan (0/0 d), Jordan Rossiter (1/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Tottenham vs West Ham Preview: Spurs aiming to maintain unbeaten run against Hammers

The battle to break into the top four will take another twist this Sunday at 4pm when Tottenham play West Ham at White Hart Lane. Can Spurs extend their unbeaten league run even further and possibly move into the top four or will the Hammers derail the home side's form with victory?

THE BET

BTTS “Yes” @ 4/5 with 32Red

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-west-ham-preview-spurs-aiming-to-maintain-unbeaten-run-against-the-hammers

Man City v Liverpool

I think the Liverpool win over Chelsea was just a freak result.

Chelsea playing badly, with a couple of ageing fading stars.

Liverpool still look a little light and fragile to me. Maybe good for a goal.

City have dominated them in this fixture in recent seasons (beating them 4 in 5 with 1 draw).

City have scored at least 2 goals in each of these games and no game has been 0-0 at the half.

I like the City to win and both teams to score bet here.

Its priced at 3.4 

The other bet that I like is the HT draw Man City to win 2nd half.

City have not been great in home 1st halves this season. They have won 2 of 6 first halves.

Against Chelsea(1-0), Bournemouth(4-1). 2nd Half they have been dynamite. They lead the EPL

in 2nd half home wins with 5 in 6, blowing teams away. They have outscored opponents 12 to 1 in

6 (Norwich, Watford, Newcastle, Chelsea, Bournemouth) second half games.

Just did the stats anaylsis.... Liverpool have drawn 6 away first halves this season

(4 nil nil games and two 1-1 draws). For me it rubber stamps this bet for 3 units 

The HT draw FT city is 4.5 

Best result at ht would be a 1-1 draw with city edging it 2nd half.

Edited by neilovan

7 hours ago, neilovan said:

Man City v Liverpool

I think the Liverpool win over Chelsea was just a freak result.

Chelsea playing badly, with a couple of ageing fading stars.

Liverpool still look a little light and fragile to me. Maybe good for a goal.

City have dominated them in this fixture in recent seasons (beating them 4 in 5 with 1 draw).

City have scored at least 2 goals in each of these games and no game has been 0-0 at the half.

I like the City to win and both teams to score bet here.

Its priced at 3.4 

The other bet that I like is the HT draw Man City to win 2nd half.

City have not been great in home 1st halves this season. They have won 2 of 6 first halves.

Against Chelsea(1-0), Bournemouth(4-1). 2nd Half they have been dynamite. They lead the EPL

in 2nd half home wins with 5 in 6, blowing teams away. They have outscored opponents 12 to 1 in

6 (Norwich, Watford, Newcastle, Chelsea, Bournemouth) second half games.

Just did the stats anaylsis.... Liverpool have drawn 6 away first halves this season

(4 nil nil games and two 1-1 draws). For me it rubber stamps this bet for 3 units 

The HT draw FT city is 4.5 

Best result at ht would be a 1-1 draw with city edging it 2nd half.

WOW, absolute  BINGO  out of left field for me.

I am surprised by the fact that City performed lost by a 3-goal margin. To me, Liverpool did not play that well and convincingly, but what astonished me is how slack and slow City was defending. In fact, I would suggest the defense line was sleeping and daydreaming throughout the match. This is very unusual.

Edited by mrclubbie

Crystal Palace vs Sunderland Preview: The Black Cats determined to take down the Eagles

Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace take on a relegation-threatened Sunderland on Monday night with the home side flying high after an impressive 2-1 win at Anfield in their last game but Sam Allardyce's side will be keen to take all three points and move closer to safety in this epic clash.

THE BET

European Handicap: Crystal Palace -1 @ 13/8 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/crystal-palace-vs-sunderland-preview-the-black-cats-determined-to-take-down-the-eagles

Cabaye is the only one in the squad who knows how to play. The rest up front just run around with their mouths open waiting to catch a lucky bounce. That's why they are good away and poor at home. 

Because away matches can be won with track athletes who burst into space, but at home where football is required, there is no class.

1 minute ago, TotoSchillaci said:

Because away matches can be won with track athletes who burst into space, but at home where football is required, there is no class.

Really?  Explain to me the difference between being on a football pitch at home or away. You sound like Eric to me :loon