** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup ~ November 6th - 9th

Aidymac

Altrincham v Barnsley

Granted Altrincham aren't in the best of form themselves, but they have caused quite a few upsets in their history and they might just be capable of pulling off another one here. League 1 Barnsley are in really poor form having lost their last five games and the last thing a team low on confidence wants is a trip to a non-league side who will be up for it from the start. Altrincham have managed some very good results at home earlier in the season so we know they do have it in them and they have some dangerous strikers who can cause Barnsley issues. Marathon go 9/2 which looks value on a home win.

Crewe v Eastleigh
There is an element here that I have backed Eastleigh at bigger prices to win games in the league this season than they are to beat League 1 Crewe, but I still think Marathon's price of just over 3/1 offers some value. They under performed last week against a poor Halifax side, but they still got the job done and no doubt one eye was on this game. I still think they have the best squad in the National League and they go to a Crewe side who aren't exactly doing that well this season given they are currently bottom of League 1. 

Wealdstone v Colchester
To continue the theme we have another poor League 1 side in Colchester who have only won once in their last six league games. On the face of it the home side look a fairly average National League South team and obviously this is a tough tie for them. They are in very good form though as they are unbeaten in seven league games and got a massive win against top of the table Ebbsfleet last weekend. They will be full of confidence after that and really have nothing to lose against a Colchester side who are struggling on the whole. Again Marathon are best price at 19/5.

Brackley v Newport
Into Sunday's games now and I think Newport at odds against looks a big price. They have seen a real upturn in form since changing their manager and given the clubs non-league roots (it wasn't that long ago since they were at the same level as Brackley) they shouldn't under estimate the game. Brackley have also changed their manger in the past few weeks and their has been a little improvement, but nowhere near enough to suggest they might be capable of beating a Football League side. At 13/11 with Marathon they rate the best bet of the weekend.

Northwich v Boreham Wood
An all non-league tie as Step 1 Boreham Wood travel to Step 4 Northwich. I opposed Boreham Wood in the previous round when they hosted Step 4 AFC Hornchurch and they only just got through so I think they are vulnerable again now they have to travel to a side who are having a fantastic season. Not only have they reached the First Round of the FA Cup, but they have won 12 of their 13 league games this season. It wouldn't be a massive shock if only one division separated these two next season and BetVictor's 19/5 is worth a play on a home win.

Halifax v Wycombe

Halifax are a poor National League side and have been conceding plenty of goals. They have already let in 47 in 19 league games and a Football League side should really be beating them fairly comfortably. Granted Wycombe haven't been overly prolific in front of goal in the league this season, but they should really get at least two against such a poor defensive outfit. Paddy Power are 17/10 on the -1 handicap and that looks a generous price.

Treble

I must admit there are 9 teams all at odds on who look good things to win over the weekend. It isn't my way to tip up a 9 team acca though so I have focused on three home sides with the treble paying 1.4/1 with Bet 365. Stalybridge have been struggling the National League North and Doncaster should be able to get past them at the first time of asking. Staines beat my side Gloucester in the previous round, but have been poor since and a good League 2 side like Leyton Orient should be beating a Ryman Premier side. On Sunday Bristol Rovers v Chesham is a similar game to the Orient one and it should be fairly routine for Rovers.

Just to say the other teams are Dover, Grimsby, Millwall, Exeter, Wycombe and Chesterfield

I am all over Newport at brackley like addpea, since john Sheridan took over they have beaten Wycombe and Bristol rovers and drew with Northampton last week.sheridan has stated he will be playing his strongest side and all their loanees have been cleared to play.another positive is that brackleys playing surface is quality so no excuses about the pitch being a leveller