** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

November 2 - November 8

Back Dusan Lajovic to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 7/10 stake at 2.50 with Paddy Power

Back Dominic Thiem to beat Adrian Mannarino  for a 7/10 stake at 1.63 with Unibet

Thiem should be way too strong for Mannarino even despite his average form recently, it's as simple as that and the odds don't look half-bad. Meanwhile, I can't see how Lajovic can be priced at 2.50 against Mahut, who's declined a lot over the last year or so and who isn't going to get much better just because he'll be playing on home soil.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-can-anyone-stop-novak-djokovic-in-paris-

Player to win WTA Elite Trophy - Zhuhai: Jelena Jankovic for a 2/10 stake with Pinnaclesports @ 13.50

Venus as the favourite here but that's rather misleading since Jelena Jankovic is one of the best in the draw and offers great value. Karolina Pliskova I quite don't trust to win this and certainly not Carla Suarez Navarro. We also have Svetlana Kuznetsova and Caroline Wozniacki but I don't really trust either of those two so I'll take a chance with Jankovic at this price any day of the week. She also won her last tournament in Hong Kong in convincing fashion beating both Venus and Angie Kerber to claim the title.

Back Karolina Pliskova to win the WTA Elite Trophy for a 1/10 stake at 9.00 with Bet365

Back Elina Svitolina to win the WTA Elite Trophy for a 1/10 stake at 13.00 with Betway

Back Elina Svitolina to beat Andrea Petkovic for a 7/10 stake at 2.00 with Betway

I'll take my chances with Pliskova and Svitolina, as those are the two players that could have both the drive and motivation to win this, while some of the more fancied players might not. I'll also gladly take Svitolina against Petkovic at odds against, I'd definitely have the Ukrainian as the favourite in that one given the German's recent form.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/wta-elite-trophy-betting-who-can-prevail-in-zhuhai-

Back Thomaz Bellucci (+6.5) to beat Novak Djokovic for a 7/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power

Back Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat Lukas Rosol for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with BetVictor

Back Ivo Karlovic (-2.5) to beat Edouard Roger-Vasselin for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Unibet

2/2 today, good stuff from Lajovic (or, more accurately, poor stuff from Mahut). Three for me tomorrow then. Djokovic is yet to cover the 6.5 games line against Bellucci in four tries, so I'm happy to say that he won't be able to do that tomorrow either at odds against. Meanwhile, Garcia-Lopez and Karlovic should both be way too strong for their opponents. GGL has already beaten Rosol twice (in straight sets) this year, while Karlovic is just much better than ERV at the moment (and he's also still chasing the record for most aces in a single season).

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-novak-djokovic-kicks-off-his-paris-campaign-on-tuesday

ROSOL VS G. GARCIA_LOPEZ

This here certainly looks too close to call on the face of it with both men being in comparatively indistinguishable form. The H2h reads 2-1 in favour of G.Garcia Lopez, however I do not think that stat is relevant to this meeting considering the time of the year it is. There is also a clandestine feeling welling up inside me that seems to give positive indications of a Rosol victory. Rosol has already had the advantage of playing two matches here stemming from the positive foundation and declaration of intent resulting from his last painful loss to Nadal two matches ago. He definitely will be looking forward to having an opportunity of addressing that issue with a victory here. He really should have enough momentum to brush past a Garcia-Lopez who comes into this from a recent loss to Johnson. GL Everyone!!!!!!

5pts I.Karlovic to beat Roger-Vasselin 2-0 11/10 William Hill

Will be taking Ivo to win this in straight sets. I think if you're going to beat Ivo you need to either be a great server or a great returner and I don't think Vasselin is too advanced in either categories. The hard court will only help Ivo on his service game and unless he really hits a bad service game it would surprise me if he got broke. Roger has a good game in and around the court. He can volley well etc and being at home should suit him but I'm going Karlovic to see it through even it's through a couple of tie-breakers

5pts J.Chardy to beat L.Pouille 2-0 Evens SkyBet

Battle of the Frenchmen but I'm going for a straights set win for Chardy. Last time out when these played it finished 2-0 Chardy albeit on the grass court. Wouldn't say the best of forms coming into this but I think overall Chardy is a better player Pouille is far more suited to Clay as shown with his recent success at Hamburg getting to the semi finals there. Chardy should see his serve benefit here on the hard court too. 2-0 for me.

Some Suggestions, do I have to mention a stake? i am new to this

Viktor Troicki to Win @ 2.90 vs Jack sock

I think Sock will be tired and against Fed in the last match he tried to show boat and lost his way a little i think the outside bet is worth it here there is no reason why Troicki can win I think his motivation will be higher after a string of losses

Pierre-Hugues Herbert to win 1st set @ 2.25

Pierre Hughes Herbet has been injured recently so its questionable what shape he will  be in, but I think a bet on him to take the first set is a good shout, he has the quality to do so and Agut will be in poor mood after two final losses in a row, that can be good for him coming into this and the early start should be from Pierre 

Back John Isner (-3) to beat Aljaz Bedene for a 7/10 stake at 1.95 with Betway

Back Leonardo Mayer (+4) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 7/10 stake at 1.73 with Betway

Back Viktor Troicki to beat Feliciano Lopez for a 7/10 stake at 2.37 with Paddy Power

2-2 today, I did expect more from GGL to be honest, but can't complain too much I guess. Three for me tomorrow, starting with Isner, who should simply be too strong for Bedene - his serve should be unreturnable for Bedene in the Paris conditions with the kick and everything. Troicki looked good against Sock, so I'm happy to back him against Lopez at odds against, especially since the Spaniard has never done too well in Paris. Finally, I'll back Mayer on the +4 games line, which does look a touch high to me. Not only is he a very good player in his own right, but Gasquet could also face a bit of a hangover after what happened in his match against Nadal in Basel.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-federer-faces-seppi-murray-plays-against-coric

Back A.Murray/D.Goffin - Over 20.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.86 with Unibet

Back Richard Gasquet to beat Kei Nishikori for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Betway

Back David Ferrer to beat Grigor Dimitrov for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with BetVictor

2-1 after that crazy Troicki match, that really was something you don't see every day. Gasquet looked surprisingly good against Mayer and he has a 6-0 record against Nishikori, so I'll back him tomorrow at odds this good, just as I will back Ferrer - Dimitrov was incredibly lucky to get past Cilic, who missed an incredible amount of chances. Finally, I'll also go for the overs in the Davis Cup prequel. Goffin has looked good recently, the line is pretty low and the conditions don't favour Murray by a great deal, so I expect the Belgian to put up some resistance tomorrow.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-murray-faces-goffin-in-a-davis-cup-prequel

Back David Ferrer to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Skybet

Back A.Murray/R.Gasquet - Under 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Skybet

Two for me tomorrow, Ferrer and Murray. Both did well today, both have positive records against their opponents, and both seem to like the slowish conditions that are on offer in Paris this year. I have nothing but praise for Isner's win over Federer, but that doesn't change the fact that Ferrer has never been a great match-up for him.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-can-isner-build-on-his-victory-over-federer-

Back David Ferrer to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.57 with Skybet

Back A.Murray/R.Gasquet - Under 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with Skybet

Two for me tomorrow, Ferrer and Murray. Both did well today, both have positive records against their opponents, and both seem to like the slowish conditions that are on offer in Paris this year. I have nothing but praise for Isner's win over Federer, but that doesn't change the fact that Ferrer has never been a great match-up for him.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-can-isner-build-on-his-victory-over-federer-

Can I just ask please CzechPunter, under 21.5 games is not a line I have seen very often and it doesn't seem to include many realistic scores (if that makes sense.) 7-6 6-2 and 7-5 6-3 are the only scores I can think of that are helped by the line being pushed up to 21.5 but neither of those seem that likely. If you are taking under 21.5 games are you not far better taking Murray -4.5 or Murray -3.5 as those bets give you far more possible results which will win your bet, including many three-set victories? 

Basically what I'm saying is by taking under 21.5, you're betting on a lot of potential Gasquet wins but from your preview you don't seem to think that very likely so would you not be better taking Murray on the handicap and have some longer Murray wins in your favour rather than some shorter Gasquet wins? 

Hope I've explained that ok.

I would be far better off taking Murray -3.5 and that's what I would like to take, but the best odds for that at the time of writing were 1.66, which is just way too low (compared to 1.91). -4.5 is another thing altogether and I think that the odds were about the same for that and the unders, so it comes to what's more likely to happen - an easy win for Gasquet (unders) or Murray winning in three and covering 4.5 (handicap). I think that I'd give a slight preference to the easy win for Gasquet, so that makes the unders preferable to the handicap for me.

Edited by CzechPunter

Back A.Murray/D.Ferrer - Under 22.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Skybet

Back Novak Djokovic (-4.5) to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 7/10 stake at 1.98 with Unibet

What a day, so many good matches. Two for me on Saturday - I expect the Murray/Ferrer match to be rather short, both had tough matches yesterday and might run out of energy after dropping the first set. Djokovic should also dominate Wawrinka, he usually does that outside Grand Slams and I expect Wawrinka to be tired - both physically and mentally - after the long match against Nadal that finished very late.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-murray-faces-ferrer-djokovic-plays-against-wawrinka

Back Novak Djokovic (-3.5) to beat Andy Murray for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power

Just can't see past Djokovic here, I really can't. The set he lost against Wawrinka will give him something to build on and I think that he actually needed that wake-up call to be a good bet on Sunday. He did get it, so I expect the Serb to get yet another fairly easy win over Murray.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bnp-paribas-masters-betting-can-andy-murray-stop-novak-djokovic-in-paris-