** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League ~ November 3rd & 4th

• 2 weeks later...

Real and PSG really should end in a draw here.It suits both of the ''Fly Emirates'' teams and we saw how evenly matched these fixttures have been during the years.I cannot separate these two right now being in good form.Real are not that impressive lately but they seem to be getting results even though they are not at their best topping both La Liga and CL group.PSG are once again league leaders and level on points with Real in the CL group.Real are heavy favourites to win this game but i am struggling to see why.PSG,if i must say,are better in my eyes right now and they should not be underrestimated just because they are visitors @ Bernabeu.It would be a coin flip at best if Real deserve to be priced @ 1.70 and 4.00 for a draw with bet365 looks decent enough price for me to get involved.We saw how cautious their approach was in Paris 2 weeks ago and i think next to nothing has changed since then.Both teams have been winning their domestic league games and a draw would see them going through the group stages almost @ 100%.Really,really equal teams and i fully expect tight encounter,not any different from the rest they have played in recent years.GL!

Manchester United vs CSKA Moscow Preview: Van Gaal demands end to goal drought

Premier League side Manchester United welcome Russian club CSKA Moscow to Old Trafford on Tuesday night. Both teams are tied on 4 points after 3 games and a win could put either side a big step closer to qualification for the knockout stages of the Champions League.

THE BET

Asian Handicap: CSKA Moscow +1 @ 39/40 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/manchester-united-vs-cska-moscow-preview-van-gaal-demands-end-to-goal-drought

Sevilla vs Manchester City Preview: Pellegrini plotting win to put City on brink of qualification

Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City side travel to La Liga side Sevilla hoping to secure a win that could seal their qualification to the Champions League knock out stages for the second year running. However, Unai Emery's men will want to avoid defeat and keep their hopes of progressing in the competition alive.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 15/8 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/sevilla-vs-manchester-city-preview-pellegrini-plotting-win-to-put-city-on-brink-of-qualification

Manchester United v CSKA Moscow

Manchester United: Schneiderlin (10/1 m, doubtful), Depay (8/1 f), Valencia (6/0 m), Shaw (5/0 d), McNair (1/0 d), Wilson (1/0 f)

CSKA Moscow: Eremenko (13/0 m), V. Berezutski (8/0 d) 

Real Madrid v Paris St. Germain    

Real Madrid: Carvajal (6/0 d), Arbeloa (1/0 d), Bale (5/2 m), Benzema (6/6 f, 2nd top scorer)

Paris St. Germain: Marquinhos (8/0 d), Pastore (8/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

Chelsea vs Dynamo Kiev Preview: Stage set ahead of must-win match for Mourinho

Reigning Premier League champions Chelsea will be aiming to recover from their weekend 3-1 defeat at home to Liverpool by conquering visiting Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and move to within touching distance of the knockout stages of the Champions League on Wednesday night.

THE BET

European Handicap: Chelsea -1 @ 2/1 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-dynamo-kiev-preview-stage-set-ahead-of-must-win-match-for-mourinho

Chelsea vs Dynamo Kiev Preview: Stage set ahead of must-win match for Mourinho

Reigning Premier League champions Chelsea will be aiming to recover from their weekend 3-1 defeat at home to Liverpool by conquering visiting Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and move to within touching distance of the knockout stages of the Champions League on Wednesday night.

THE BET

European Handicap: Chelsea -1 @ 2/1 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-dynamo-kiev-preview-stage-set-ahead-of-must-win-match-for-mourinho

Mourinho says "the reality is the game tomorrow is not a game we have to win. It's a must-not-lose but not a must-win."

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000634/match=2015726/prematch/preview/index.html

It helps Chelsea that Porto and Kiev play each other in the next round.

Real and PSG really should end in a draw here.It suits both of the ''Fly Emirates'' teams and we saw how evenly matched these fixttures have been during the years.I cannot separate these two right now being in good form.Real are not that impressive lately but they seem to be getting results even though they are not at their best topping both La Liga and CL group.PSG are once again league leaders and level on points with Real in the CL group.Real are heavy favourites to win this game but i am struggling to see why.PSG,if i must say,are better in my eyes right now and they should not be underrestimated just because they are visitors @ Bernabeu.It would be a coin flip at best if Real deserve to be priced @ 1.70 and 4.00 for a draw with bet365 looks decent enough price for me to get involved.We saw how cautious their approach was in Paris 2 weeks ago and i think next to nothing has changed since then.Both teams have been winning their domestic league games and a draw would see them going through the group stages almost @ 100%.Really,really equal teams and i fully expect tight encounter,not any different from the rest they have played in recent years.GL!

One the pointers to a draw here is that is suits both teams, as they are both well clear of Malmo and Shakhtar. I would still make Real favourites though, given home advantage and their very good home record in Europe.

One the pointers to a draw here is that is suits both teams, as they are both well clear of Malmo and Shakhtar. I would still make Real favourites though, given home advantage and their very good home record in Europe.

Generally speaking i think Real have the better team and support but without Bale and Benzema they have limited attacking options.Given the stake i doubt that both teams will start toe toe,especially given the way they played in Paris as it was a friendly game.If both camps have all of their players available and this game was @ 1\4 finals i would say Real but now...no thanks.

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal Preview: Can the Gunners pull off another shock win to stun Die Roten?

Just two weeks ago, Arsene Wenger's side pulled off a stunning win against all the odds to take three points against Bayern Munich at the Emirates Stadium. On Wednesday night, they will go to the Allianz Arena and try to do it all over again to keep their Champions League hopes well and truly alive.

THE BET

European Handicap: Bayern Munich -2 @ 11/4 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-arsenal-preview-can-the-gunners-pull-off-another-shock-win-to-stun-die-roten

Group A
Shakhtar v Malmo
Tues 3 Nov 19.45

This could be a good game. Shakhtar have been a big disappointment so far and have surely left it too late to qualify now, having lost all three games so far. They can still finish 3rd and go to the Europa League though. To to that, they will need to finish above Malmo, and that probably means winning this game, or at the very least getting a draw.

The Malmo coach is quoted as saying they will need to defend tonight. I think both teams accept that they are fighting for 3rd place. Although if Malmo WIN here and there is a positive result in the game between Real and PSG, that would put Malmo within reach of the top two.

I think Shakhtar will go for it here, and Malmo will put up stiff resistance. I'm tempted by the long odds on Malmo of over 9.0 - certainly opposing Shakhtar looks tempting. I'll probably follow this one in-play.

UEFA preview:
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000634/match=2015713/prematch/preview/index.html

Group D
Man City v Sevilla
Tuesday 3 Nov 19.45

Would City take a draw here? I'm sure they would, as it would leave them at least 3 points clear with 2 games to play.

Would Sevilla take a draw? Less likely, especially as they are traditionally stronger at home than away.

I think Sevilla will attack tonight. There was possible value backing Sevilla at odds of 3.0, but odds have now gone down to around 2.7 which makes me more cautious. There could be value backing Sevilla corners, especially if they are chasing the game (e.g. if City take the lead).

UEFA preview:
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000634/match=2015720/prematch/preview/index.html

Edited by MPLouis

Bayern Munich vs Arsenal Preview: Can the Gunners pull off another shock win to stun Die Roten?

Just two weeks ago, Arsene Wenger's side pulled off a stunning win against all the odds to take three points against Bayern Munich at the Emirates Stadium. On Wednesday night, they will go to the Allianz Arena and try to do it all over again to keep their Champions League hopes well and truly alive.

THE BET

European Handicap: Bayern Munich -2 @ 11/4 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-arsenal-preview-can-the-gunners-pull-off-another-shock-win-to-stun-die-roten

I know Bayern are class Steve, but jaysus this is bordering on lunacy this bet. :-)

No value in the price at all for me.

Sevilla vs Manchester City Preview: Pellegrini plotting win to put City on brink of qualification

Manuel Pellegrini's Manchester City side travel to La Liga side Sevilla hoping to secure a win that could seal their qualification to the Champions League knock out stages for the second year running. However, Unai Emery's men will want to avoid defeat and keep their hopes of progressing in the competition alive.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 15/8 with BetVictor

:clap

AS Roma v Bayer Leverkusen

AS Roma: Totti (3/1 f), Keita (5/0 m), Capradossi (0/0 d), Strootman (0/0 m)

Bayer Leverkusen: Jedvaj (1/0 d), Hilbert (4/0 d), Seung-Woo (0/0 m), Bender (7/0 m), Aranguiz (0/0 m)

KAA Gent v Valencia CF

KAA Gent: Dejaegere (10/1 m), Depoitre (14/6 f, top scorer), Milicevic (11/2 m)(all doubtful), Gershon (0/0 d), Matton (6/4 m, 2nd top scorer), Van der Bruggen (5/0 m), Pedersen (4/0 f)

Valencia CF: Feghouli (8/1 m, doubtful), Ryan (2/0 g), Diego Alves (0/0 g), Abdennour (3/0 d), Bakkali (9/1 m), Rodrigo (7/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

Champions League Olympiakos - Dinamo Zagreb

Olympiakos have put themselves in a strong position to qualify behind Bayern Munich in this group and if they win tonight, might even be able to do so with a narrow loss a home to Arsenal on Matchday 6. They won on the road against the Gunners and in Zagreb two weeks ago in a hard fought 1-0 win, that has put Dinamo under pressure and they will have to look for the win this evening . I spoke ahead of their maych with Arsenal about how the lack of domestic competition worked against Dinamo in the CL and whilst they won that game, they rode their luck at times and have failed to score, conceding six in two CL starts since. Infact, this is a club in "crisis" having just lost back to back league games, which has had the stats men searching through the record books to find out the last time that happened ! They were unbeaten last season and were 51-19-2 over the previous two years, until the first of those recent defeats . They have a host of injuries to key players and have travelled with confidence at a very low ebb and if they fall behind tonight,  a collapse like we saw in Munich (four goals conceded in 15 minutes) is not out of question.

Olympiakos -1.5 ball 2.28 asian line/Sportmarket.

I know Bayern are class Steve, but jaysus this is bordering on lunacy this bet. :-)

Aidymac! People thought the Man City tip was lunacy too! Arsenal just have that ability of being totally spineless when it counts and I'm hoping they show that trait tonight!

Aidymac! People thought the Man City tip was lunacy too! Arsenal just have that ability of being totally spineless when it counts and I'm hoping they show that trait tonight!

I know I'm an Arsenal fan but calling the current team spineless when it counts is ludicrous IMO. Yes the teams immediately post Highbury couldn't win anything, beat any of the big teams or cope with the loss of key players but the current side has been pretty solid winning a good number of big games as well as two domestic trophies. This so called spineless mentality is just something the media have been throwing around for a decade now without much thought at all. Were Arsenal's failures post Highbury even because of a weak mentality or was it more to do with the poor goalkeepers and defenders as well as the lack of depth beyond the first team?

Anyway I expect a low scoring game with Arsenal happy to play for a draw. It will be interesting to see how Wenger sets up today without Walcott and Ramsey who were critical to Arsenal's counter attacking play last time. Ramsey was vital dropping into midfield to help transition the ball from defence to attack against Bayern's strong pressing game while Walcott was consistently threatening on the break. I don't think Campbell could perform the same role so we might see him and Sanchez come inside to play off Giroud who obviously can't play the same sort of game as Walcott.

Far from lunacy, I think the -1 handicap line at around evens is as certain even money proposition as you will ever find. Wouldn't surprise me to see an absolute squashing of the gunners tonight, even a 7-0 is on the cards for me

Anyway I expect a low scoring game with Arsenal happy to play for a draw. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Arsenal will be happy with a draw. Would Bayern too? (Both clubs might fancy their chance against Zagreb and Olympiakos in their last two games). If both sides are focussed on not losing then it could be a low-scoring game.

Far from lunacy, I think the -1 handicap line at around evens is as certain even money proposition as you will ever find. Wouldn't surprise me to see an absolute squashing of the gunners tonight, even a 7-0 is on the cards for me

-1 is a fair bet, -2 is a tall order in my opinion. This Arsenal team is on a roll! Fully expect Bayern to win, but it should be tighter than many expect..