Announcements
** July Nap's Competition Result : 1st Rainbow, 2nd Trainmad091, 3rd Zidane123, KO Cup Bathtime For Rupert, Most Winners Alastair, Goodwood Comp: Glavintoby**
**July Poker League Result : 1st Craggwood £75, 2nd Like2Fish £45, 3rd Rivrd £30**
York Ebor Festival Tipster Competition : 19th August - 22nd August
mowgli77

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Colour Squadron won't run in the Jewson! Also quite keen on Aupcharlie CPO!
Agreed. Any horse Mullins brings over, you have to treat with severe caution.

Colour Squadron is one of the favourites for the Centenary novices chase handicap so may run there.
Novice Handicap Chase it will be. Could be Chelt/Aintree..But for sure 1 to keep an eye on.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Grands Crus update; Will be left in the Ryanair and the World Hurdle tomorrow but scratched from Gold Cup Found to have Ulcers after his last run, didnt expect to see him again this season to be honest.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Very worrying news from America today as Rachel Alexandra is in serious conditions after giving birth to a Bernardini filly foal. She underwent surgery today and the vets said at a press conference at Rood & Riddle hospital earlier this evening "her condition is very serious but it is too early to give an accurate prognosis." So lets hope the best that she can get well as soon as possible. Usually I'm not really attached to US racing but Rachel was and is a special one...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Notorious corrupt jockey Graham Bradley who has just completed a ban is to become a trainer. When I was a kid in the bookies the elder punters used to highlight that he was not to be trusted. As some of you are relatively new to the sport, I am handing down the Advice that was given to me over 2 decades before. Please be aware!!! I'm. Sure many will recall him pulling up the odds on fav Man Mood in a 2 horse race!!!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Many times in the past I have highlight that Pricewise tipster Tom Segal is in bed with L.adbrokes and often when they are best odds the selection fails to win. He has a cult following and many back his selections religiously. L.adbrokes were best price about his selection Tidal Bay, a few hours after publication his selection is declared a non runner. Kerching, Tom your cheque is in the post !!!

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread And how many times has his Ante Post National selection been a Non Runner then Erhaab?? How many times has Pricewise selection lost when its been best price with other bookies?? And how many times do you highlight things after they have happened?? Answers; You aint got a clue You aint got a clue Any amount Everybody knows Laddies were playing safe with Prince Du Beauchene, at least a couple of points shorter than any other firm, they had to be bigger on the next two in the betting. David Williams told everyone that on ATR straight after the weights lunch. Do you really think Tom Segal would want to let his followers down by putting up a NR? You really are misguided if you think that my friend. Let me get this straight, you are saying he knew that Tidal Bay was injured when the weights came out? So you are saying that Nicholls was in on it too because he was very bullish about their chances the next day and so was the owner after Segals article was written, yet Ladbrokes knew it wasnt going to run so layed it til the cows came home. Marvellous !

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread My comment about Tom deliberately tipping a NR was only in jest, surely even you could have seen that. My real concern is that he is courting a bookie.Surely this can't be right. What's the chances that L.adbrokes get prior notification of what his selection is going to be and adjust the odds to whatever stance they are going to take. As for not having a clue about his tipping record, this NH season alone he has tipped numerous ante post NRs. As I have mentioned in the past there is a website which displays all his past tips and has various profit and loss analysis. In future please don't take my posts too seriously. Erhaab.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Black Caviar breaks the 1.000m track record at Flemington on her reappearance. What a beast! She ran the last 600m in 31.43! Splits: 10.37, 10,21, 10.17, 11.05. Hope they bring her back to Ascot... would be great to see her winning there with more authority as she is entitled to do so. Time to to go to bed again for me now though...

Black Caviar breaks the 1.000m track record at Flemington on her reappearance. What a beast! She ran the last 600m in 31.43! Splits: 10.37' date=' 10,21, 10.17, 11.05. Hope they bring her back to Ascot... would be great to see her winning there with more authority as she is entitled to do so. Time to to go to bed again for me now though...[/quote'] Yep watched it m8,,,,,,,awesome

My comment about Tom deliberately tipping a NR was only in jest, surely even you could have seen that. My real concern is that he is courting a bookie.Surely this can't be right. What's the chances that L.adbrokes get prior notification of what his selection is going to be and adjust the odds to whatever stance they are going to take. As for not having a clue about his tipping record, this NH season alone he has tipped numerous ante post NRs. As I have mentioned in the past there is a website which displays all his past tips and has various profit and loss analysis. In future please don't take my posts too seriously. Erhaab.
If anyone does not think TS is not courted by bookmakers, wake up and smell the coffee....He gets big money, to let a certain bookie know first......

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Hi, I have read The Secrets of Pricewise....I wouldn't say there is anything earth shattering in it, but still worth a read to see how the column has evolved and the different approach of the main writers. They have tipped some great winners over the years. The bookies do advice which races they will be pricing up early on a particular day. Then whoever is writing the column knows which races to study and focus on.

Yep watched it m8' date=',,,,,,awesome[/quote'] Even more so if we take into account that this was her first race after a long break. Might not have been the best field today but the way she did it was awesome indeed. There is already some talk about her coming back to Ascot and having after that a few romantic moments with Frankel - who himself passed a "test" of if he's capable of making love with flying colours it's reported... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJeNqu9Y6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aJeNqu9Y6s

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Well, I'm not so much shocked to read that even races horse have been slaughtered and made it eventually into Burgers and beef lasagne but I read now that last Years Gold Cup hero Synchronised also landed in a slaughter house after his fatal dead at the Grand National and therefore became food eventually! Sort of macabre, isn't it?!

Well' date=' I'm not so much shocked to read that even races horse have been slaughtered and made it eventually into Burgers and beef lasagne but I read now that last Years Gold Cup hero Synchronised also landed in a slaughter house after his fatal dead at the Grand National and therefore became food eventually! Sort of macabre, isn't it?![/quote'] Racehorses are obviously insured against injury, so on top of that pay out, owners and the like are also receiving payment from meat traders. Sickening!

Well' date=' I'm not so much shocked to read that even races horse have been slaughtered and made it eventually into Burgers and beef lasagne but I read now that last Years Gold Cup hero Synchronised also landed in a slaughter house after his fatal dead at the Grand National and therefore became food eventually! Sort of macabre, isn't it?![/quote']

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Well, this is what they wrote in the papers. The Guardian was it I think, and a German paper reported about this explicit case too. I read that Aintree racecourse has a contract with a local slaughter house for fatally injured horses. That's why I was so shocked...

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Dead livestock has to be disposed of correctly. You cannot just bury it. Livestock have certificates. If a livestock animal dies then an abattoir has to collect the deceased animal and paperwork has to be filled out. This is to prevent disease spreading as well as making sure each animal is accounted for for traceability. I grew up on a farm which raised cattle and I'm sure this is what we had to do. Although I was only a kid at the time and don't know all the ins and outs of it.

My comment about Tom deliberately tipping a NR was only in jest, surely even you could have seen that. My real concern is that he is courting a bookie.Surely this can't be right. What's the chances that L.adbrokes get prior notification of what his selection is going to be and adjust the odds to whatever stance they are going to take. In future please don't take my posts too seriously. Erhaab.
As I recall, when Sheikh Mohammed ( Godolphin ) launched the Racing Post in the 80s, it was to be an alternative to its then rival The Sporting Life with an emphasis on racing and journalism. Now he is no longer owner, it seems like they have an agenda of courting the bookies and therefore being biased in the content. How oft do we read about horses shortening for Saturdays big race from Tuesdays onwards, how many bookies pop up with you access the Racing Post. Surely there is a need for unbiased information. I'm aware that there are a few younger members on here and may not understand my point. What if you watched BBC NEWS and All they were saying was how great Tesco are , would that be acceptable?

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Just returned from my first AW outing at Kempton Park - free entry if you're a member at Betdaq. The most accessible course that I've been to, but somewhat disappointing is that the track itself seems to be 100 metres from the stands! This wouldn't be such a problem if it was a jumps card, however, as it's on the outer ring. £4.10 for a pint of Smiths and £7.25 for fish and chips. Only the one winner, so at least it wasn't a fruitless visit!