** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat Thread

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread

Am i the only one that thinks Geraghty let Long Run win that race?
He certainly wasn't tough on him, and did look to have his measure to me coming to the last, but he steadied right into it and it cost him the race. Probably saving him for the Gold Cup either way. PP go as short as 8/1 with BP now so the 33s looks nice now.

Am i the only one that thinks Geraghty let Long Run win that race?
I think so, BG was pushing him from 3 out and gave him 3 good slaps after the last. It was the jump at the last that did it for him, Long Run flew it whereas BP jumped out to the right a bit and lost some momentum.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Nice bet Rupert, very well spotted. Tell you what, looking at that race, if Burton can handle Cheltenham like he did today, he is in with a huge chance. Especially that Geraghty will be riding it too. I think he deliberately slowed the horse up going into the last fence, Geraghty normally flies over fences. I would not touch Long Run for the Gold Cup, i want to be on the side of Kauto + Burton Port

I think so' date=' BG was pushing him from 3 out and gave him 3 good slaps after the last. It was the jump at the last that did it for him, Long Run flew it whereas BP jumped out to the right a bit and lost some momentum.[/quote'] Nope, i am convinced Burton Port would have won that if Geraghty wanted to win it. Obviously they would not allow it to win as Henderson trains both and Long Run is Gold Cup favourite. Geraghty did not hit the horse hard at all, he put the whip into his weaker left hand and gave it a couple of soft touches. I also feel Geraghty slowed up BP at the last fence on purpose.

Nope' date=' i am convinced Burton Port would have won that if Geraghty wanted to win it. Obviously they would not allow it to win as Henderson trains both and Long Run is Gold Cup favourite. Geraghty did not hit the horse hard at all, he put the whip into his weaker left hand and gave it a couple of soft touches. I also feel Geraghty slowed up BP at the last fence on purpose.[/quote'] I don't really get why they'd care which one won tbh.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I don't think for 1 second that Gerraghty let Long Run win that. It's more likely that BP was trained for this whereas Long Run has been left with work still to do with him to have him spot on for Cheltenham. Thats what I think anyways

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread Well if you look at a normal Geraghty drive after he jumps the last fence, Quantatitiveeasing springs to mind, and then look at Burton Port after he jumped the last, there is no way Geraghty tried to win the race CPO, imo. Whether he wanted to take it easy as Mileni says because of the long lay-off, or whether they were making sure Long Run won, either way Geraghty only half-tried after jumping the last, for whatever reason.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread the horses have different owners and i think they would be unhappy had either of them not lost on merit, but i think we are agreed he was not had on the horse, it was his first run for over 400 days and therefore very impressive to take LR to under a length do we think darlan would have beaten Zarkandar had it not fell. I am talking through my pocket but after studying hard for this race, i felt i had it in the bag. He wa cruising in behind the front 4 who all ended up close to Zarkandar at the finish. I think Zarkandar would have been chasing home Darlan had it stood up

How ridiculously good is Sprinter Sacre? He was keen the entire way round' date=' jumped exuberantly and very quickly, still keen going into the last and won by six with Geraghty taking several pulls up the run-in. I'll be utterly shocked if he's beat in the Arkle.[/quote'] Won't stay up the hill mate :D

How ridiculously good is Sprinter Sacre? He was keen the entire way round' date=' jumped exuberantly and very quickly, still keen going into the last and won by six with Geraghty taking several pulls up the run-in. I'll be utterly shocked if he's beat in the Arkle.[/quote'] I'm sure they said he broke the track record as well, not that you should pay too much attention to those things.

Re: Daily Racing Chat Thread I've lost myself in a pool of knowledge, I feel like I am trapped in a matrix, I have no dimensional aspect, lost in a warp without values. Need help getting back on the right track. Seriously, this isn't good with a big season up and coming. It's like, I can no go through a card & give every horse a chance I'm swayed by prices, lost all confidence in my ability and have turned into a wreck. Any help guys?

I've lost myself in a pool of knowledge, I feel like I am trapped in a matrix, I have no dimensional aspect, lost in a warp without values. Need help getting back on the right track. Seriously, this isn't good with a big season up and coming. It's like, I can no go through a card & give every horse a chance I'm swayed by prices, lost all confidence in my ability and have turned into a wreck. Any help guys?
much the same!