** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Aviva Premiership 2015/2016

plloyd88

Round 2 actions sees Gloucester welcome champs Sarries to Kingsholm. Saracens had a great win last week but will have a tougher test against a solid Gloucester outfit. Liking the chances of a win for the home side who enter as slight underdogs

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-aviva-premiership-preview-gloucester-v-saracens

Round 2 actions sees Gloucester welcome champs Sarries to Kingsholm. Saracens had a great win last week but will have a tougher test against a solid Gloucester outfit. Liking the chances of a win for the home side who enter as slight underdogs

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-aviva-premiership-preview-gloucester-v-saracens

I've bought Saracens hotshots at 31 with Spreadex (25 points per Goode, Ashton, Streather or Ellery try). 35 to buy elsewhere, I think a buy at 31 offers an acceptable balance of downside and upside. Whilst obviously possible, it would be disappointing for that quartet to fail to muster a single try. A 6 point loss for just 1 try isn't too bad and the prospect of 2 or more strikes me a pretty decent.

In particular, the prices for Ellery are quite tempting. You can buy his try minutes at 16 with the same firm when they're 4 points higher elsewhere or back him anytime at 9/4 with Hills.

• 3 weeks later...

Northampton v Gloucester: 

Burrell to score a try at 9/2 and to score 2 or more at 40/1, both with Lads

Buy G. Pisi's try minutes at 7 with Spreadex

Buy Gloucester hotshots at 13 with Spreadex (25 points per Cook, Sharples, Meakes or May try)

Buy Meakes' try minutes at 4 with Spreadex

The hotshots look prolific enough to me to risk at a price where it almost pays evens if they manage a single try between them, Meakes worth doubling up on at a price I'd equate to 10/1 anytime (9/1 with Skybet isn't bad either). Burrell anytime a point longer than I'd have expected and the 2 or more price is worth a very small bet (he has 3 braces in around 69 starts). Pisi looks better than the 11/2 shot the spread price implies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...