** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBL 2015/16

Cairns -3

Cairns only lost two regular season home games last season and are 3/3 this season. Adelaide are 1/4 on the road with a win over the mighty kings. Hodgson is out although this is not a huge deal as they still have Johnson, Petrie and Walker.

Adelaide will be keen for to revenge the loss from the other day but I like Cairns -3

NZ +4.

Its along way to travel and they have put in a fair few stinkers in Perth over the years but have won two of the last 3. Wesley is still out and martin is in.

I think NZ are a couple of steps ahead of everyone at the moment and if Webster continues to shoot well they will be more than difficult to beat.

Just sat there and laughed last night! When your having a rough trot and Khazzouh is close to nailing the 3pt shot the night before, it was a given that steindl hits on a second chance attempt. Never safe taking on Townsville at the spread - well done, binomial!

I took NZ Beakers, also. 2.45 is a big price about the best team in the comp at present. If Webster is subdued or can't live up to 39pts then others are ready to step up.

in the sydney game the jump ball possession arrow to illawarra in the last few seconds was not that easy to take. it could easily have been called a foul on ogilivy instead of a jump as he reached across and slapped his arm.

that late three from steindl was pretty ridiculous, but if townsville had shot the ball poorly instead of terribly they would have won by more than 10.

also having a smaller flutter on NZ +4.5 and over 163.5 $3.60. could easily be a tense tussle but the pressure is not really on these teams as i see it so may be more up and down.

I noticed if Cairns lose they will be 4W and 7L and Adelaide 7W and 6L. They haven't played many home games so it would not be complete panic stations but you would think they would be pretty motivated not to drop this one, making me like them more.

played 

NZ game over 164.5

previous two recent games went over this and last game Perth 1/13 3P and NZ missed lots of free throws and short range shots last meeting

Cairns -4

Caiirrns game under 161

Townsville looked their best last time Conklin didn't play, but there best performances were also against the top teams who took them lightly. the mid and lower teams have won handily more often than not. Cairns would have to see this as pretty much last chance so should make an effort.

Decided to play Sydney +4.5 althigh expext to be punished.

They played Illawarra tough which can be seen in a better light after last night possibly and Childress should be better for the run. Garlepp played well last week which makes a difference because previously they generally had some dead wood on the floor.

back to getting mauled but feel a little hard done by with Childress being injured again and coach Fearne finally giving Torey Craig more minutes,albeit only 25, which was enough for him to dominate the game.

Adelaide bring nothing to Perth accept Joey Wright's endless whining at the refs even when they are down 20+ with a minute or so to go. its not the refs pal.

Townsville game over 164

Good luck! I was hoping for a couple less points but Cairns are as dodgy as Illawarra have been but Hawks on strong run of form look more dependable and could be set for a strong second half of season, particuarly with Lisch finding his feet and Martin back.

feel lucky Burston didn't play. Worthington and Loughton got a few rebounds but were pretty hopeless.

Craig even though he was ordinary also seems a better option to me than these two, but even the commentator said something to the effect that he wasn't a full member of the team and should not be considered a legitimate option.

nice price on perth has moved alot.

32/38 FT, 46 FG%,  3P% 42% but lose tot the mighty townsville?? :loon

NZ -13.5 $2

NZ over 170.5  1.5u

thinking this will be a fairly relaxed up and down affair with NZ around 100 and Sydney not around 100.

Illawarra -1.5  this feels a bit inflated but feel ok being on the team with Lisch, Penny and Ogilvy they way they are all playing a the moment.

Fifteen up and I stupidly called it, when, instead, I should have been making an in-play on Townville knowing that 36ers are perfectionists at snatching defeat from the jaws.

Has been obvious for awhile there's some wrong psych about this mob. I remember playing in a sporting team that whenever we're about to win there were some guys notorious for talking like we'd already won and of course, we'd fold accordingly.

i think the low continuity/lack of long term players has a bit to do with it. the blow ins from gold coast have been their the longest bar creek without doing the research, and creek trys to sell himself to afl so isn't exactly heart and soul. NZ and Perth are pretty strong arguments for stability, plus their appears little interest or commitment. the half assed double team back court trap they were trying continually was giving townsville 4 on 3 and easy baskets.

also i think they have too many ordinary players and would be better off with a one or two better ones. getting rid of some of ebe, walker,  petrie, creek and teys for a couple of better players would be better.

several of the wnbl sides seem to be doing fine with pretty much 7 player rotations.