** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBL 2015/16

Adelaide -5.5

Adelaide game over 164

probably going to get whiplash after jumping on cairns mid week now jumping off, but they have been on a pretty nasty travel schedule by nbl standards adelaide - melbourne - nz - now back to adelaide, which makes it hard to see the half dozen players who stunk on wednesday finding their game.

Illawarra +6.5 $1.85

Illawarra game over 166.5

After imploding when the game looked won last weekend i think they might bounce back here. perth played thursday and this will be fourth game in 9 days with trips to illawarra and melboune. 

looking at playing illawarra over until loses or the totals move up.

Edited by binomial

You may be in luck with Adelaide considering I decided not to curse them unless I get -5.0, out of wariness that Cairns could be due for a response. This all meas Adelaide win by 25. :loon

Took Illawarra @ 3.10 & +6.5 @ 1.90, despite that Perth play with more consistant purpose tham Illawarra seem to. Think it's a good spot to respond to the last loss and Lisch adds a lot too.

i am pretty clueless as to what is going on but the tab odds to win it look prett off to me.

adelaide look a bet at those and i would lay plenty of illawarra and some perth at those prices.

Melbourne United
Perth Wildcats
New Zealand Breakers
Illawarra Hawks
Cairns Taipans
Sydney Kings
Adelaide 36ers
Townsville Crocodiles

Perth are extra impressive, good luck. :hope

I've taken Adelaide @ 3.75 & +7.5 @ 1.90. Breakers maybe are building form but I think 36's will bring a strong challenge tomorrow.

Felt like this was going to win up to those last few very painful minutes.

Tonight, Perth -7.0 @ 1.93

Edited by Ashtee

played cairns and over.

but going townsville and under in the late game so you are probably laughing on perth.

yes adelade got out by 5 i think with a few minutes remaining then went to powder. nz v melbourne hopefully be an interesting game. wesley was super impressive for breakers 

but going townsville and under in the late game so you are probably laughing on perth.

Tell me you got +8 or so on Townsville!! I'm now 1-45 on last moment bet deciding plays after it was a case of here we go again with Townsville nailing those late three's.

yes i had 8.5 so snuck in.

sydney coach talking about defence but i am still playing the over tonight. apart from harrington sydney shot a decent percentage last game,even garlepp and prewster made a few baskets. so they could be on the improve.

Talking defence usually means full-on shootout, doesn't it?

Perth @ 2.05 & +1.5 @ 1.90

Hopefully Perth come away from a drama weekend with their heads screwed on, while I'm having too much trouble liking Illawarra. It looked two scratchy teams last week, where again Cairns seemed to loose confidence and the Hawks again failed to play four quarters. Backed this yesterday and pegged the game 11/8 & 3

Adelaide @ 2.05 & +1.0 @ 1.90

Again backed yesterday and I feel they deserve to be a fairly strong favorite. Were under seige from Sydney Saturday, so I'd expect the'll be ready this time. They do look to be the better team. Kings should help there chances by shooting better than 51% from the line, which obviously cost the game Saturday.

Illawarra lost the rebound count by 20 in the previous two games to perth. ogilvy, foreman and davidson are not much of a match for jawai, knight and wagstaff et al.

i agree they looked pretty sketchy last time out v cairns. but have a feeling they could give a better performance here. 

playing the over and may take a smaller bet on illawarra.

wesley is out and vukona is questionable from what i have read, giving perth size advantage, but abercrombie, webster and jackson not bad rebounders. significant advantage at guard for nz. 

since return of webster nz have won their three home games by double figures.

tempted to play nz but -5 is not an attractive number.

looking at my standard melbourne and over in the other game.

"Pledger also sat out Thursday's training with a chest infection, but it's hoped he will be able to suit up against the Wildcats"

"an untimely head cold laying centre Alex Pledger low. Pledger will play against the Cats, with Vukona a more 50-50 proposition"

I took Perth +6.5/6.0. Looked like Melbourne were off their best - not saying NZ aren't destined top-3. NZ lose something with Wesley. They are up against a tough team to hold out.

Report said he got through those sessions but had pulled up sore and missed yesterday's practice.

Part of my thinking is NZ are not up against a soft team this time. NZ last three at home were to Adelaide, Cairns and Sydney - three teams who fold easily. Just my opinion, from someone -2units on NBL. Obviously none of the 6.5/6.0 left.

I've never known a team in any sport to fold like Adelaide do when they've got a knee on the throat. Both last night and the NZ loss they couldn't make easy lay ups in the end. Saturday's match up with Illawarra becomes a head scratcher.

Edited by Ashtee

not sure how much longer joey wright will be considered credible. as i recall the brisbane team he coached was so stacked that they would have won with anyone and his other efforts were poor given talent. poor to hopeless defence seems pretty much a constant which i see as the coaches main task .

played melbourne -14.5

townsville only managed 65 against the non defence of adelaide with conklin, so i am not sure they have many points in them here.

lots of look ahead danger for melbourne but melbourne bench has more points in them than townsville starters for mine.

Yeah, it feels like Illawarra are due and possibility Kings could be slightly flat off after some strong efforts and also adjusting to Childress back. However, I couldn't ignore that Illawarra have been due every week, yet continually prove to be too soft. The form Sydney are in was enough for me to take 2.79 on them.