** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBL 2015/16

Two plays on tonigts game:

Adelaide @ 2.00

It doesn't bother me that Randle is out, they are the more healthy, united and puposeful team. Currently around 1.81 & -2 is still a good deal IMO.

Adelaide - New Zealand UNDER 176.5 @ 1.95

I can't support this move for an over with Randle out (0-3 before he arrived, BTW). 36ers have played some no-defence teams since the 211 with #7 Townsville, who were all guns ablazing that night and on fire off some insipd performances. 36ers games have actually been more defensive at home this season, while Breakers overs come at home. They are 1-11 away. Breakers always like to set up and slow the pace and that's what could be expected in this hugely important game. Previous meetings: 161A,186N,168N.

I think those two might have fallen over! :\

Illawarra - Melbourne Over 180.5 @ 1.92

Previous meetings 174M,189I,193M. Melbourne don't get this high too often at all but no surprise to find they are 5-7 away, while #1 Illawarra are higher at home and usually over playing the middle ranked teams. 180.5 was as much as I was keen on, so would probably leave the current number.

going with:

NZ -4

Illawarra -6.5

Illawarra over 185.5

Adelaide should bring the defence which usually leads to 20+ open dunks for the opposition. Illawarra should come to play with no game for about a week.

Whereas, not sure Melbourne will match NZ intensity with the Sunday game.

22 hours ago, binomial said:

going with:

NZ -4

Illawarra -6.5

Illawarra over 185.5

Adelaide should bring the defence which usually leads to 20+ open dunks for the opposition. Illawarra should come to play with no game for about a week.

Whereas, not sure Melbourne will match NZ intensity with the Sunday game.

Thought it was a slight injustice commentary referring to Randle's HT buzzer beater as a 'Hail Mary', considering he'd probably do it again if challenged.

Edited by Ashtee

thanks. hasn't been often this season unfortunately.

going with

perth -7.5 1u

over 168.5 2u

talk gibson and petrie may not play and knight is out for perth i believe. gibson has looked terrible and disinterested most games so the back of him may see a lift from others.

perth will want to tune up for finals versus couldn't care less allstar like intensity, i think more of the latter.

Ere is the other one that has been hobbled, so I won't be surpised if he doesn't play a big part.

Perth -7.5 @ 1.90

Melbourne -4.5 @ 1.85

I see (coach has already hinted) NZ resting guys or at least spreading mins - certainly some key players have battled back-season injury. United's focus likely will be on a strong finals tune up and a win >10 looks more likely IMO.

11 hours ago, binomial said:

thanks. hasn't been often this season unfortunately.

going with

perth -7.5 1u

over 168.5 2u

talk gibson and petrie may not play and knight is out for perth i believe. gibson has looked terrible and disinterested most games so the back of him may see a lift from others.

perth will want to tune up for finals versus couldn't care less allstar like intensity, i think more of the latter.

Fire Bigade! Please! :@:cigar

First and foremost, experts reinforce the importance of wearing a helmet. Canadians have gotten better at wearing helmets to protect their heads. In 2011, 75 percent of skiers reported using the protective headgear, according to the Canadian Ski Council. Children under 14 represented the largest group of helmet wearers, with about 95 per cent of them donning the head protection while skiing or boarding, rick willianen.

NZ +4.5  2u

Melbourne v NZ under 166.5 1.5u

NZ to win it $5.50

Not sure why Melbourne are a strong favourite. NZ lost by 1 in Melbourne on the flop and won the other 3, 2 of which were pretty meaningless the other Warrick was out.

If it is a finals grind tempo I think this clearly favours NZ.

Average scores for each team on the season 168 and 166 by my calc, so not much of a stretch for it to go under.

bad call on that one. my plan was to play unders through the playoffs but moved away from it.

playing melbourne +6. thought both teams had their patches and wasn't alot in it despite holt and kickett playing very poorly. wit a better start and these two playing better i see them keeping it close.

4 hours ago, binomial said:

bad call on that one. my plan was to play unders through the playoffs but moved away from it.

playing melbourne +6. thought both teams had their patches and wasn't alot in it despite holt and kickett playing very poorly. wit a better start and these two playing better i see them keeping it close.

Me too on basis that they must bring more steel. Melbourne @ 3.04 @ +6 @ 1.90

Illawarra - Perth OVER 169.5 @ 1.90

Obviously Lisch missing but Hawks are a vastly more up-tempo team at home with the fans behind them, while Perth's defence find it tougher away - they have a 6-8 W/L record away, BTW. While I see Perth sweeping this series I think Hawks will run at them today rather than leaving themselves out-muscled at the post again.

• 2 weeks later...