** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Portugal Masters ~ October 15th - 18th

Aidymac

Outright Winner. EW, Alexander Levy 30/1 (General) 5 places.

Alexander Levy's name does not jump off the page when you are looking for a value bet in a golf tournament. That of course I would suggest is under normal circumstance. Certain factors have to be taken into consideration this week that swerves from the normal. The Frenchman has struck form at the right time to defend the title he won last year.  Tied for 17 at Woburn last week is a timely shot in the arm for a player pretty much off the boil before the British masters event.

Having looked at the forecast for Vilamoura this week any golfer with an ounce of sense will by trying to to get  points on the board by Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday are forecast for heavy rain and thunderstorms which could possibly end in the same result as last year....that being the tournament reduced to 36 holes due to heavy rainfall.

Under those conditions a year ago Levy was an incredible -18 by the close of play on the second day by the way of rounds of 63 and 61. And with that type of form around the Oceanic course I am willing to back him for a repeat. Something I would normally avoid like the plague.

I don't wish to put a dampener on things, but Vilamoura could once again be a washout over the weekend. That possibly should be considered when choosing your bets. Anyway it's levy out of the blocks once again for me. GL with your bets.

Edited by jackierubberleg

Back Andy Sullivan ~ 3 Points E/W @ 50/1 Bet365 ~ 1/4, 5 Places

Back Ricardo Gouveia ~ 1 Point E/W @ 70/1 Stan James ~ 1/4, 5 Places

Back Ricardo Santos ~ 1 Point E/W @ 200/1 Sky Bet ~ 1/4, 5 Places

Read Full Preview ~ https://www.punterslounge.com/portugal-masters-preview-andy-sullivan-can-go-well-at-oceanico-victoria-golf-club

That'll do!