** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

WNBL 2015/16

The mainstay of my capping is situational and motivation based, so nothing irritates me more than backing a lame horse..

especially when they're armed with as much talent as that Bendigo side still has. Clearly something is rotten in that group and with Bernie no longer there to reign them in, bad habits / attitudes are rife. 

^ believe it or not I made tomorrow's game a PK ...  

The off season war was always a strong chance to eat away at the soul of that team. Of course Griffin is off the injury but that doesn't explain everything and she was possibly distracted tonight, in anticipation of tomorrow. I suspect they'll bounce back ... maybe! I pegged it same.

that game smells pretty bad to me. even if you didn't know madgen was out i dont really see why you would pour money on melbourne.

playing townsville -16.5. canberra rebounding margin is -16. they got outrebounded by adelaide 30 to 52 last game and adealide are the second worst rebounding team. townsville are the best rebounding side so should get about 40 extra shots if things run to form.

dandenong +2 

dandenong game under 151.5

despite feelong this will end badly.

Biggest test so far for Perth considering only top-4 opponent has been a downstrength Sydney in Rd1

Sydney -3.5 @ 1.93

Dandenong still experiencing a few injury problems. Providing the well coached Sydney hold their motivation they should proove the superior team.

Canberra @ 3.81 & +7 @ 1.93

Melbourne have some injury concerns too and an improved effort last week could carry forward but I give Canberra a more than sneaky chance off better intensity last week.

Just from live scores, obviously, but why, in a defence game when they've got a roll on and succesfully getting stop after stop, in a one basket game would Graf direct that they foul for the entire last 50secs??? Someone let me know the day when (prob hasn't got many gigs left) it finally achieves her something :$:eyes!!

1 hour ago, Dog&Under said:

Heh, I should create a meme about that: "I don't always stay up late to get the best line, but when I do my bet only gets partially accepted"

got a bit less than half my standard stake at the -2, had to grab the remainder at -4

Is that TopSport? They limited a couple of my bets this round which they didn't seem to do previously.

20 minutes ago, Ashtee said:

Is that TopSport? They limited a couple of my bets this round which they didn't seem to do previously.

Sure was... They're the only book I've been able to bet with since about 2009 when all the "fast food" commercial bookmakers decided to get rid of long term winners. I've taken quite a bit from them over the past six years most of which was from netball, NBL & WNBL (ie lower profile sports) but they've never played games with me - until this one. 

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt given it was very late at night but I've sent them an email asking what the reason was for this.  

Edited by Dog&Under

I was up four units with them this season, although dropped a couple during AFL, so was starting to wonder but obviously an early limits policy has come in. Not sure if they still take sizable late bets, do you know? It was only 1.5hrs before the game yesterday that they limited my Perth @3.80 bet (they risked $500 but just risked $100 on another that was an early line).

TAB (NSW/Vic) have got mean all of a sudden too. They have such a huge market share, yet a few times this season have FULLY rejected my bets, then used the information to move their lines. Perhaps I should send them a bill.

Traditionaly Australian bookmakers have welcomed winners as a way of honing correct odds. I actully don't mind books having an early limits policy, providing they'll let you have a dip later, unlike the dothering farts running some of the Euro books. Thumbs up to bookmakers like Pinnacle and Sportsbet in this regard. Pinnacle limits on WNBL are now double what they were a couple of years ago.

10 minutes ago, Ashtee said:

I was up four units with them this season, although dropped a couple during AFL, so was starting to wonder but obviously an early limits policy has come in. Not sure if they still take sizable late bets, do you know? It was only 1.5hrs before the game yesterday that they limited my Perth @3.80 bet (they risked $500 but just risked $100 on another that was an early line).

TAB (NSW/Vic) have got mean all of a sudden too. They have such a huge market share, yet a few times this season have FULLY rejected my bets, then used the information to move their lines. Perhaps I should send them a bill.

Traditionaly Australian bookmakers have welcomed winners as a way of honing correct odds. I actully don't mind books having an early limits policy, providing they'll let you have a dip later, unlike the dothering farts running some of the Euro books. Thumbs up to bookmakers like Pinnacle and Sportsbet in this regard. Pinnacle limits on WNBL are now double what they were a couple of years ago.

The explanation I received re this morning's query was along the lines that the further out from an event, the less they'll take and at that hour of the morning they won't take a risk of more than $200 (although that would probably be higher for mainstream US sports I imagine).. 

I'm surprised you couldn't get set for that amount on Perth ML - a few years ago I had a very minor dispute with them over a 1k bet (to win 950) and remember them describing it as a "small bet", so that's a little odd.

Yeah, all other books beside pinnacle are dead to me. The f*ckery they started a few years ago just made it impossible. 

You've probably noticed that many of topsport's markets are tied to pinnacle's ... WHen I bet the stars at the -2 last night, pinnacle also took the market for that game off the board. If pinnacle offered markets on netball I'd be back to them in a flash. 

I notice you gave Sportsbet a wrap, do they no longer play games ?  

1 hour ago, binomial said:

playing

Adelaide +8 no Bowen and revenge for Bendigo but this looks like a good spot for bendigo to throw the game again

SEQ -4.5.

I really think there could actually be something to that - ie the game from last week you're referring to. 

the injury to Madgen, the huge line movement .... dodgy as **** 

Yeah, I'll often go straight to TopSport for what I couldn't get on at Pinnacle. They were just prepared to lose $500 1.5hrs before the Perth game last night.

Sportsbet set low limits but will invariably oblige requests for a higher stake but I don't try to push it. They might be displaying a limit of say $46 on an early line but so long as I just ask a couple of hundred they'll nearly always accept. I know from AFL that they will usually be quite welcoming when requesting late bets over their displayed limit.

14 hours ago, Dog&Under said:

Stars -2 

Nice quick loss again

Stars become the Logan thunder when I back them.. Perth unbeatable of course .. FML, this league has become a total mind fcuk and dodgy as hell

pulling up stumps on this and sitting tight until netball, nothing to see here anymore, can't back a side that doesn't cop a 0-15 run at some point .. 

Edited by Dog&Under

How the fcuk did this game open with perth a shorter underdog than Townsville were a week ago despite being on a back to back?? This is some seriously shady shit

is Perth on a b/b a 2 pt better side than a rested fire ? Give me a break..  

Edited by Dog&Under