** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Barclays Premier League ~ October 17th - 19th

Premier League Ratings ~ Top Rated Arsenal

17/10/2015Chelsea39.2537.00 - 32.5029.00Aston Villa+10.25
17/10/2015Crystal Palace37.7539.50 - 44.0046.25West Ham-8.50
17/10/2015Everton34.7545.50 - 32.5030.25Manchester Utd+4.50
17/10/2015Manchester City66.5076.00 - 29.0036.50Bournemouth+30.00
17/10/2015Southampton47.5048.00 - 47.5040.50Leicester+7.00
17/10/2015Tottenham48.7555.50 - 34.0038.50Liverpool+10.25
17/10/2015Watford28.7532.00 - 59.5063.75Arsenal-35.00
17/10/2015West Brom22.0020.00 - 16.0023.50Sunderland-1.50
18/10/2015Newcastle22.5032.00 - 37.5036.00Norwich-13.50
19/10/2015Swansea31.2523.50 - 31.5032.25Stoke-1.00

City must have been very disappointed with their two-match losing streak that it unleashed its fury to Newcastle United. They thrashed the latter with a 6-1 win, which helped them return to the top spot of the league table. City now has 18 points, two points clear of other title contenders such as Arsenal and Manchester United. On the other hand, Bournemouth currently occupies the 15th spot of the league table and has only earned eight points since the season kick-off. 

My guess is that there is a likelihood that Bournemouth will also experience a thrashing such as that of Newcastle United, unless they step-up their game.

Any thoughts?

Tottenham vs Liverpool 

Here I see a very open game largely based on my opinion that both teams are better at attacking than defending , Thiis is Klopp 1st game in charge and the current players will be looking to make their mark and impress the new boss. Spurs though only 1 point ahead have only lost once this season to Man Utd and have arguably played tougher matches so far including wins over Man City , Palace & Everton whereas Liverpool have only beaten Stoke , Bournemouth & Aston Villa and all by a solidarity goal. Under normal circumstances I would be inclined to take 2.40 on the Spurs home win , but I can see all 3 outcomes in this game so I'll probably leave the match result but if I had to pick today I'd favour the 3.4 on draw as the most value.

I don't think this is incredible value but BTTS to score at 1.67 is my tip for the match. 

The Manchester City game is interesting. Sergio Aguero and David Silva are two huge absentees. City never look the same side without them which is incredible given the vast sums of money they've spent on strengthening the depth of their squad. How many times has an under-strength City side been turned over on home turf by a team deemed to have no chance of victory before kick off? I am certainly not saying bet your house on it but this match is a real banana skin for anyone contemplating an accumulator or 1X2 bet.

Danshot, BTTS in the Tottenham vs Liverpool game is a great shout. Despite Tottenham being much more defensively sound under Pochettino than previous managers I think we will see a more free-flowing and attacking Liverpool side under Jurgen Klopp. He could really bring the best out of players like Coutinho, Sturridge, and Ings. It might take a while for him to get results but I think we will see a clear shift in attacking strategy from game one and this could result in more open games with more goals in the short term.

Also, giancrol, I actually think Southampton could win this game against Leicester. The Saints have picked up two quality wins against Swansea and Chelsea so I feel they are entering a run of good form. Leicester won't be in the top six all season and already their form has looked patchy over the last three games. I think they could hit a bump in the road this weekend.

Crystal Palace V West Ham Utd

West Ham Utd + 0.75 AH @ 1.709 Matchbook > 5% BR

Price is starting to shorten on West Ham so I’m gonna have to take this one early.

Really interesting clash between two closely matched teams and direct league rivals in 2015/2016. Palace have made a great start to the campaign but this should be a tough test for them as West Ham are a team that is geared for success on the road. Slaven Bilic’s side likes to sit back and make quick counters, a strategy which is made all the more effective by their strong chance conversion. Palace can be vulnerable to the counter-attack and I don’t see that changing here. Pardew is obsessed with winning games, and so far, his cavalier style has reaped the rewards. The trouble is, a high stakes strategy can sometimes backfire and this maybe the game where it does. Pardew’s 3pts at all costs motto could play into West Ham’s hands when you consider the away side’s key characteristics.

The thorn in West Ham’s side for this game will probably be Wilfried Zaha. He has been in great form for Palace just recently and West Ham’s full-backs are not so good at dealing with dangerous wingers. Palace will look to cause all kinds of problems from flank positions so West Ham will need to be organized and concentrated throughout, particularly Jenkinson and Cresswell.

Overall there is very little between these two sides, Palace create a lot of chances but are not so prolific in front of goal due to problems in the centre-forward area. West Ham have been more ruthless thus far and that’s one of the reasons I like them on the +0.75 line here. Even if Palace do take the 3pts it’s difficult to envisage them winning by more than a goal. There’s just enough juice left in the prices so it’s West Ham +0.75 for me, interesting game this one.

Tottenham vs Liverpool Preview: Klopp Looking For Perfect Start

The main Premier League drawing all the attention this weekend is at White Hart Lane where new Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp begins his Anfield reign with a trip to Tottenham. Can his Reds side give him the perfect start?

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Liverpool +0.25 @ 5/6 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-liverpool-preview-klopp-looking-for-perfect-start

Watford vs Arsenal Preview: Can The Hornets Sting The Gunners?

Watford have a huge task this Saturday when they take on Arsenal at Vicarage Road in a 5:30pm kick off on Sky Sports 1. Can the home side upset the form book and get a win to get back on the winning trail or will the visitors continue their good run of results?

THE BET

Both Teams To Score “No” @ 11/10 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/watford-vs-arsenal-preview-can-the-hornets-sting-the-gunners

Newcastle vs Norwich Preview: Will McClaren's Wait For A Win Continue?

Newcastle manager Steve McClaren will lead his bottom-placed side against mid-table Norwich on Sunday afternoon. Another defeat at home could crank the pressure up even further on the former England manager where as a win for Norwich would see them moving even further into the top 10 in the Premier League.

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Norwich +0.25 @ 3/4 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-norwich-preview-will-mcclaren-s-wait-for-a-win-continue

City must have been very disappointed with their two-match losing streak that it unleashed its fury to Newcastle United. They thrashed the latter with a 6-1 win, which helped them return to the top spot of the league table. City now has 18 points, two points clear of other title contenders such as Arsenal and Manchester United. On the other hand, Bournemouth currently occupies the 15th spot of the league table and has only earned eight points since the season kick-off. 

My guess is that there is a likelihood that Bournemouth will also experience a thrashing such as that of Newcastle United, unless they step-up their game.

Any thoughts?

I don't see this happening for the match against Bournemouth. I think Kompany is out, right ? There will be more chances for Bournemouth to breach City's defense instead.

Aguero is out, I am not surprised if goals dry up, unless we see goals from players like KDB or Yaya's long shots.

For City I guess the best way to play for this match is control the ball and keep pushing forward.

West Bromwich v Sunderland

West Bromwich: Jonny Evans (4/0 d), James Morrison (7/2 m, top scorer), Saido Berahino (6/2 f, top scorer), Jonas Olsson (6/0 d), Jose Salomon Rondón (7/1 f)(all doubtful), Ben Foster (0/0 g)

Sunderland: Adam Matthews (1/0 d), Ola Toivonen (5/0 f)(both doubtful), Jeremain Lens (8/2 m, suspended), Sebastian Coates (5/0 d, suspended)

Watford FC v Arsenal

Watford FC: Ikechi Anya (8/0 m), Valon Behrami (5/0 m), Allan Nyom (8/0 d)(all doubtful), Jurado (7/0 m), Tommie Hoban (0/0 d), Joel Ekstrand (0/0 d), Lloyd Doyley (0/0 d)

Arsenal: Laurent Koscielny (6/0 d, doubtful), Tomas Rosicky (0/0 m), Jack Wilshere (0/0 m), Danny Welbeck (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Iam today with Tottenham @2,50 against Liverpool. I dont trust the hype about Klopp. Liverpool make many mistake in transfer policy over ther lastyears. Okay, sturridge fitness level will be better and better every game, coutinho will be a big factor in this match when klopp can boast him. But overall in see tottenham win this match. Kane scores at the last home game against city they won 4:1 !! He will be on his way to the top.

Other match is Arsenal @1,55  and Arsenal -1 @2,50
I saw watford game against crystal palace. watford had some good approaches, but not that much for me to colect some points against arsenal.
Walcott sanchez and özial are on fire. So Arsenak can score more than 2 goals.

Good luck!

The Tottenham v Liverpool fixture has produced goals.

The last five of this fixture all going over. New manager for Liverpool should make a difference.

Still way to early for players to adjust to new tactics, be essentially everyone starting from scratch,

all possibilities exist, so expect some effort.  

For me what Klopp has always been able to do, is make the TEAM,

play and perform much better than the sum of it's parts. Fergie was a master, and Klopp is pretty damn good.

Looking forward to seeing his formation, and the way they set up.

Expecting goals, also kind of like the BTTS bet, but the over 2.5 goals gives better odds

OVER 2.5 goals at odds of 1.85 for  units for me

Swansea vs Stoke Preview: Monk's Men Aiming To Stop The Rot

The Monday Night Football game pits two veteran Premier League sides against each other with Swansea hoping to get a first win in four matches and Stoke looking to build on back-to-back league wins.

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Stoke +0.5 @ 8/9 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/swansea-vs-stoke-preview-monk-s-men-aiming-to-stop-the-rot

Iam today with Tottenham @2,50 against Liverpool. I dont trust the hype about Klopp. Liverpool make many mistake in transfer policy over ther lastyears. Okay, sturridge fitness level will be better and better every game, coutinho will be a big factor in this match when klopp can boast him. But overall in see tottenham win this match. Kane scores at the last home game against city they won 4:1 !! He will be on his way to the top.

Other match is Arsenal @1,55  and Arsenal -1 @2,50
I saw watford game against crystal palace. watford had some good approaches, but not that much for me to colect some points against arsenal.
Walcott sanchez and özial are on fire. So Arsenak can score more than 2 goals.

Good luck!

bet won!! :beer

• Aidymac unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...