** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League ~ October 20th & 21st

• 2 weeks later...

Arsenal vs Bayern Munich Preview: Gunners Facing Tough Task In Must Win Game

Arsenal will be looking to win their first Champions League group stage game against last season's runners up Bayern Munich at the Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night in a 7:45pm kick off on BT Sport Europe.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 8/5 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-bayern-munich-preview-gunners-facing-tough-task-in-must-win-game

Edited by StevieDay1983

Dynamo Kiev vs Chelsea Preview: Mourinho's Men Aiming To Continue Recovery

Chelsea travel to Ukraine in their third Champions League group game to take on Dynamo Kiev. A win for Mourinho's side will restore their positive position within the group but a defeat could leave them 4 points adrift of top spot.

THE BET

Both Teams To Score “No” @ Evens with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/dynamo-kiev-vs-chelsea-preview-mourinho-s-men-aiming-to-continue-recovery

BATE Borisov v FC Barcelona

BATE Borisov: Rodionov (17/9 f, top scorer), Zhavnerchik (13/0 m), Hleb (4/0 m), Dubra (8/0 d)

FC Barcelona: Messi (6/3 f), Iniesta (4/0 m), Rafinha (3/0 m), Turan (0/0 m), Vidal (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Great odds on Olympiakos i must say.Arsenal were well beaten last round and The Greeks should be confident of heading to Croatia for tonight's game.Dinamo were destroyed by Bayern and although nobody expected something different it's always tough to start the CL group with such a heavy defeat.Of course, Olympiakos are not Bayern and Dinamo are at home this round but i still expect  a shaky performance from the welcoming team.They''ll have their starting CM and CB out(Sigali and Ademi) so their stability at the back may suffer even more.Olympiakos's approach for the games in Greek Super League and CL is no different and there's no reason for them to sit back and wait.They were set to attack in Uk and i think they will be once again going forward tonight especially when The Croats will have some problems with the squad.Of course Olympiakos could fail to deliver given the fact that they are not Real or Barca to expect two solid performances in a row from them in the CL but value definetely lies with them,they have already started the group on the right foot and the home side have some issues to deal with so i think a bet on Olympiakos is worth considering.2.70 with bet365.GL

Edited by Simeon Borisof

i think that game will be feisty ,they both will believe they have a realistic chance of 2nd position should Bayern take care of Arsenal, i can see a high scoring attacking game but i find both sides difficult to seperate and prices reflect it, a draw could be on the cards

Edited by liamcorrigan86

I don't think that in Bate Borisov - Barcelona we'll see many yellow cards. Barcelona is a team who play football and their players don't take many yellow cards. Bate Borisov will stay in defence and will have more yellow cards than Barcelona.

dirty team that bate are, they could rack up 4 themselves chipping and hacking away on Barca players, i see the line is 3.5 1.66, Portuguese ref though may allow BATE foul a lot

Astana are resting players for the game against Atletico as they have an important league game at the weekend. This is from Marca;

"A visit to Calderón is never peaceful. Intensity combat Atletico played four days before a title is not the recommended recipe. Or at least, he must have thought Stanimir Stoilov, coach of Astana, aware that the Champions League is far from the war around. Given the position to prioritize, it is clear, the Kazakh league.

Therefore, both the squad and the eleven line up, there are several absences regarding the 12 players who faced Benfica and Galatasaray. Among them, Roger Canas, fixed to center field and scored on Saturday in the victory against Ordabasy. Even the added point before Turkish technician clouds intentions. "Our priority is the Kazakh League. They are nine hour flight to Madrid. I will put to rest four or five regulars," he warned.

Astana this weekend will face Kairat Almaty, leader of the League playoff decides, five points behind. Hence, the four remaining games are vital to try to reissue the title won last year for the first time in its history. "We send all our strength to win the Kairat. We are realistic and know that Atletico is better," he said."

Atletico handicap is pretty skinny at 1.425, wouldn't back them to win by 3 but -2.0AH might be playable..I expect them to win by at least two, Simeone wants to win the group and they have to win this if they are to achieve this.

CSKA Moscow vs Manchester United Preview: Red Devils Return To The City Of Their Last Great Triumph

Manchester United travel to Moscow, the scene of their 2008 Champions League Final success, on Wednesday night in a 7:45pm kick off against CSKA Moscow on BT Sport Europe. A win would put United back in control in their group where as defeat would leave them with a huge challenge to qualify for the next phase of the competition.

THE BET

Asian Handicap: Manchester United +0.25 @ 3/5 with BetVictor

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/cska-moscow-vs-manchester-united-preview-red-devils-return-to-city-of-their-last-great-triumph

Manchester City vs Sevilla Preview: Pressure on Pellegrini to push for win

Premier League leaders Manchester City welcome La Liga side Sevilla to the Etihad Stadium in a Wednesday night clash at 7:45pm on BT Sport 2. Both sides are on 3 points after two games and a victory for either side would put them in a prime position to push on and qualify from the group.

THE BET

European Handicap: Manchester City -1 at 13/8 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/manchester-city-vs-sevilla-preview-pressure-on-pellegrini-to-push-for-win

I want to put quotes like the one from the Astana coach in a heart-shaped frame, and give them pride of place in my house.

LOL ! Specific outs: sourcehttp://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2016/matches/round=2000634/match=2015709/prematch/preview/

Out: Aničić (rested), Shomko (rested), Cañas (rested), Maksimović (rested), Dzholchiyev (rested), Nuserbayev (rested), Twumasi (suspended)

all of these players except Twumasi featured against Gala in the 2-2 draw so it will be a big loss to save them for their domestic Kazak play-off.

Atletico -2 AH @ 1.71 Matchbook

Edited by TotoSchillaci

Great odds on Olympiakos i must say.Arsenal were well beaten last round and The Greeks should be confident of heading to Croatia for tonight's game.Dinamo were destroyed by Bayern and although nobody expected something different it's always tough to start the CL group with such a heavy defeat.Of course, Olympiakos are not Bayern and Dinamo are at home this round but i still expect  a shaky performance from the welcoming team.They''ll have their starting CM and CB out(Sigali and Ademi) so their stability at the back may suffer even more.Olympiakos's approach for the games in Greek Super League and CL is no different and there's no reason for them to sit back and wait.They were set to attack in Uk and i think they will be once again going forward tonight especially when The Croats will have some problems with the squad.Of course Olympiakos could fail to deliver given the fact that they are not Real or Barca to expect two solid performances in a row from them in the CL but value definetely lies with them,they have already started the group on the right foot and the home side have some issues to deal with so i think a bet on Olympiakos is worth considering.2.70 with bet365.GL

0:1 :hope

No Benzema,no Jese,no Pepe,no Bale,no James,no Carvajal and Ramos doubtful.Really don't see why Benitez not following Stanimir Stoilov example from Astana and play his youth team against PSG tonight.It looks like a causa perduta to me.Real have not been performing well lately even though they've been gaining positive results.PSG on the other hand are monstress and smashing teams in France.Ibrahimovic is once again on top level and should be no mercy for the Spaniards today.PSG have a great opportunity to make a big step towards the 1st place in the group if they win tonight and with so much key players out i cannot see how Benitez sees things.PSG will be all guns blazing because there is no going back and i fully expect Real to struggle big time when trying to create attacks and build a play.Really,really excited about that game because i like opposing Euro giants and i see a perfect opportunity to do that again today.Odds have already started to drop but still juicy enough for me  to get involved with as i just can't see any different outcome.PSG to win @ 2.40 and PSG -1.5AH @ 4.40 both with bet365.

Also taken PSG to win at 2.5 and a bigger bet DNB at 1.7-1.78 (betfair)..PSG have been very solid at home for years and Real haven't been playing well for a while, it looks 50/50 to me who wins that group but PSG are far stronger at home than away so will look to make this game count.

Regarding Madrid's injuries, Benzema and Modric might play - expect Ramos to start. Given that Benz and Mod have muscular injuries it would be a risk to start them but it wouldn't surprise me to see Benz start. Given the way they play James is a bigger miss than Bale. PSG rested a number of players at the weekend who were carrying knocks, expect Di Maria, Veratti, Matuidi and Motta to start.

Can't resist taking Sevilla DNB at 4.5 (betfair), City without Silva and Aguero are generally a different proposition in Europe, Aguero gets most of their goals and Bony tends to look clumsy against tactically astute sides. De Bruyne is a good player and will have to take most of the creative responsibility. I don't think Sevilla are any great shakes but they have picked up a bit in the league recently Gameiro is no Bacca but the price is good and with draw cover I'll give it a go as City rarely convince in Europe like they do in the Prem.

Edited by HastGill1

I find you can sometimes get clues about the main CL games from the earlier Youth League ones (normally played in the daytime).

Some Youth League results today:

At Madrid U19 7 Astana U19 1
CSKA Moscow U19 4 Man U U19 0
Galatasary U19 1 Benfican U19 11
PSG U19 4 Real Madrid U19 1

Man City U19 Sevilla U19 is 1-0 after 70 mins

I saw PSG's U19 youth team thrash Real 4-1 this afternoon - it was 'men against boys' and Real just couldn't handle them. At senior level, I think Real are a threat and I would be cautious about backing PSG tonight at current odds.

I think Sevilla are probably a better bet away to City. I'm quite keen on Benfica at Galatasary - Benfica seem to be a class above Gala in this group, and they are 1.7 AH0 and 4.5 for the -1.5 HC (to win by 2 goals). With Galatasary needing points, you could imagine Benfica's attack having some space as they push forwards.

Hi guys,

it's my first time here my name is Paolo. First time and first pick...

WOLSBURG v PSV  = BTTS 1,71 Unibet  (to be fair in Italy is possible take combobet "1X+BTTS" at 1,95 and this is my choice but i didn't find it in uk bookie)

They are two offensive side! 

Wolfsburg is not the same of last season whitout De Bruine and Perisic but is strong at home. In last 38 home games all competitons had lost only two (Everton and Napoli in Europa league).

PSV away from home is not very consistent, tonight are missing Arias regular center back. It will back De Jong that is his best striker.  PSV last 10 games? 10 BTTS

It's a crucial game for both side but i think we can see some goals.

Paulì

Hi guys,

it's my first time here my name is Paolo. First time and first pick...

WOLSBURG v PSV  = BTTS 1,71 Unibet  (to be fair in Italy is possible take combobet "1X+BTTS" at 1,95 and this is my choice but i didn't find it in uk bookie)

They are two offensive side! 

Wolfsburg is not the same of last season whitout De Bruine and Perisic but is strong at home. In last 38 home games all competitons had lost only two (Everton and Napoli in Europa league).

PSV away from home is not very consistent, tonight are missing Arias regular center back. It will back De Jong that is his best striker.  PSV last 10 games? 10 BTTS

It's a crucial game for both side but i think we can see some goals.

Paulì

I agree got this too..although I'm holding out for better odds in-play, which generally ends in disaster..

Astana have only named 4 subs..has that happened before in a CL group game!?

I find you can sometimes get clues about the main CL games from the earlier Youth League ones (normally played in the daytime).

Some Youth League results today:

At Madrid U19 7 Astana U19 1
CSKA Moscow U19 4 Man U U19 0
Galatasary U19 1 Benfican U19 11
PSG U19 4 Real Madrid U19 1

Man City U19 Sevilla U19 is 1-0 after 70 mins

I saw PSG's U19 youth team thrash Real 4-1 this afternoon - it was 'men against boys' and Real just couldn't handle them. At senior level, I think Real are a threat and I would be cautious about backing PSG tonight at current odds.

I think Sevilla are probably a better bet away to City. I'm quite keen on Benfica at Galatasary - Benfica seem to be a class above Gala in this group, and they are 1.7 AH0 and 4.5 for the -1.5 HC (to win by 2 goals). With Galatasary needing points, you could imagine Benfica's attack having some space as they push forwards.

I watched some of the Galatasaray v Benfica game. Benfica were perhaps a little unlucky to lose 2-1, but it also looked as though Galatasaray had a bit more desire to win the game, and they did well to come back after conceding inside 2 minutes.

Result: Galatasaray 2 Benfica 1