** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

National League ~ October 6th & 7th

Aidymac

National League Ratings ~ Top Rated Grimsby

06/10/2015Altrincham FC20.7511.50 - 25.5020.25Halifax+0.50
06/10/2015Barrow36.0037.50 - 37.5038.75Chester FC-2.75
06/10/2015Cheltenham33.2519.50 - 59.0048.50Braintree Town-15.25
06/10/2015Grimsby43.0029.50 - 15.0020.75Gateshead+22.25
06/10/2015Guiseley31.7524.50 - 39.5036.25Macclesfield-4.50
06/10/2015Kidderminster19.7510.50 - 23.5021.50Boreham Wood-1.75
06/10/2015Torquay25.7523.00 - 54.5035.50Dover Athletic-9.75
06/10/2015Welling United42.5049.50 - 55.0050.00Bromley-7.50
06/10/2015Wrexham38.2525.00 - 23.0023.25Tranmere+15.00
07/10/2015Aldershot18.0013.50 - 13.5025.25Forest Green-7.25

I´m on Hitchin today. Booth, Hitchin and Leamingtion are in good Form, but fact is that Leamingtion have a game at Saturday, while Hitchin have no game at Weekend. Also Leamingtion only playing 0-0 against poor Froome Town and Hitchin with some good Home Record from 4-0-1. For me a small bett on Hitchin is the right bet.

Hitchin 2/10 @ 2.51 Marathonbet

Does anyone know how bad the situation is at Halifax. Must admit I am not sure about their new manager and fancy doing the Altrincham goals on the spreads. 15-18 is the spread on the goal rush bet. Need 2 goals to make a small profit and just thought it might be worth a few quid if they are ripe for another tonking. To be fair the last time Altrincham scored more than two goals at home was at the start of the year but the logic behind this bet was more based on the ineptitude of the current Halifax squad and Altrincham getting confidence from the win over Barrow? Any feedback from Addpea et al would be appreciated.

As I wrote on Saturday I have massive doubts about the manager as well and they were bad on Saturday. Hard to see how much they can improve in a couple of days, but like you say Altrincham don't exactly score a great deal which would be a concern for going for that bet. Alty have a cracking home record although it seemed like they were a little fortuante to win on Saturday over Barrow. They should win, but not sure it will be a tonking.

Altrincham v Halifax

As I write this Halifax are being backed, but it is hard to understand who on earth is backing them. Obviously I thought they would lose on Saturday, but even I wasn't expecting a 7-1 drubbing. Obviously Cheltenham were good, but having seen the highlights Halifax looked more clueless than ever. As I said at the weekend I thought the managerial decision looked a strange one and if it carries on like Saturday he will be doing well to last as long as he did at Oldham! Altrincham were a successful tip on Saturday and although they were probably a little fortunate their home form continues to be strong. They aren't the most prolific in front of goal so I certainly don't expect them to get near Cheltenham's seven, but I thought the home side would be odds on so at Marathon's 25/19 they look a solid bet. Worth adding as well that Halifax have lost all their away games so far this season.

Grimsby v Gateshead
Grimsby are unbeaten in seven games, but they have drawn four of those and the only teams they have managed to beat are Boreham Wood, Aldershot and Southport. Obviously they are a good side and are still bang in contention for the title race, but they need to start turning those draws into wins. Given they are playing a Gateshead side who have looked pretty good so far this season I just can't understand how on earth Grimsby can be priced up as short as 2/5. The game has been priced up as if Grimsby were playing a team near the bottom of the table not one who sits in fourth after 14 games. It makes no sense at all and regardless of the result in the game anyone who backs Grimsby is probably having one of the worse value bets you will see this season. Now Gateshead were poor in the 2nd half against Dover on Saturday, but they won at Forest Green the week before so they proved they are capable again. I think the play has to be the draw here at BetVictor's 17/5 given how many games Grimsby draw. I can't resist though having a saver on the away side at 6/1 as that price is simply too big.

Torquay v Dover
I was tempted to back Aldershot at the weekend, but just wondered if new manager Kevin Nicholson might be able to get his new side going even short term as he was a former player at the club. That didn't really happen though and again like at Halifax I am sure Kevin now knows he is going to have a really tough job. I read that he wants his team to be attacking, but that could be dangerous witha team who are lacking in confidence especially when they are playing a team in red hot form. Since losing to Barrow on the first day of the season only Cheltenham have beaten them and even then that was down to the fact they had gone down to ten men after being two up. They hadn't won away until their last two games when beat Eastleigh and as stated above they beat Gateshead on Saturday. The slight concern is two long trips in such a short space of time, but although it was a rushed journey they did actually fly up to Gateshead on Saturday and were still in London at 12.45 and yet were there in time for kick off, thus I am hoping that won't be too much of a problem. They are a shade of odds on at 19/20 with Paddy Power and that is a fair price.

Wrexham v Tranmere
Tranmere haven't lost in eight now and although some of those results were poor draws, they have won their last three and were very impressive against Bromley at the weekend. The results suggest they are improving whereas Wrexham's form is going the other way. In their last eight games they have only managed to beat Altrincham and Boreham Wood and they were massively outplayed against Chester on Saturday. Given Tranmere are now above them in the table it makes little sense why Wrexham are odds on in places and Tranmere as big as 11/4 with Betway. The defeat to Eastleigh was Wrexham's first at home, but in their first five home games they beat Torquay, Alderhshot, Welling, Halifax and Altrincham which let's be fair are five games they ought to be winning. They then drew against Grimsby before the loss to Eastleigh. There is every chance that Wrexham have been flattered a bit by their easy home fixtures to date and although the draw has to be considered given Tranmere have drawn four away, I do think as they are improving that they have to be backed to win as I wouldn't want to be going any bigger than 13/8 for them to win this.

Alty are just the Naps although Dover and Tranmere just behind them.

Hey Guys, What does everyone think of Torquay v Dover over 2.5? :) . I think this is worth a shot? Reason why i am saying its a good shot is because Dover are playing pretty impressive at the moment and keep in mind they have scored 10 goals in the past 3 games so they definately have goals in them but i dont know too much about Torquay. Torquay have not scored in there last 2 games and that worries me a little.  what are your thoughts Addpea? FYI - I really admire your hard work that you put in with your predictions and previews :)

I am also wanting to know everyones thoughts on Tranmere +1? I saw they are good odds, around 1.75 mark on sportsbet. i know Wrexham are strong favourites tonight as what you guys have been discussing but surely Tranmere wont be losing by more then 2 goals this evening? At the moment Tranmere are playing some good stuff and wrexhams latest results says it all, they are struggling a little.

I actually considered backing Dover to win and over 2.5 goals, but I can't help thinking that you would be relying on Dover getting 3. They did score 5 against Eastleigh but you have to bare in mind Eastleigh had a man sent off so that helped. To me you would be better off backing Dover as I suggest above. 

I´m on Hitchin today. Booth, Hitchin and Leamingtion are in good Form, but fact is that Leamingtion have a game at Saturday, while Hitchin have no game at Weekend. Also Leamingtion only playing 0-0 against poor Froome Town and Hitchin with some good Home Record from 4-0-1. For me a small bett on Hitchin is the right bet.

Hitchin 2/10 @ 2.51 Marathonbet

Only FT 2:2 after laying down 0-2... Sorry

So theres only the one game on tonight. Whats everyones thoughts on Aldershot possibly getting something out of this game? Forest Green currently coming second but there last 4 results havnt been too promising and are slipping off a little. Aldershot coming 16th but there past 5 results consists of 3 wins and 2 losses, its way better then forest greens record of 3 losses and 2 draws.

I was thinking of Aldershot +1 on the handicap but i would love to know what everyone thinks of this game? Can Aldershot get something? or do you feel Forest green will just come from nowhere and produce a great performance?

You need to look at the teams FGR have been playing. When they won their first nine they had a fairly easy set of fixtures and then they got tougher. Woking were in form when they beat them, Macclesfield 4-1 was a bit of a blip, but getting a point against Cheltenham in a big local derby and a point at Grimsby on Saturday are really good efforts. Just because they haven't been winning doesn't mean they aren't performing well. It is hard to know what sort of form Aldershot are in at the moment as Torquay are a poor side and in the game before they were woeful against Macclesfield at home. Speaking of their home form they have only picked up seven points out of 20 at home. At this stage I am not having a bet on the game although I think Forest Green are the most likely winners.