** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

October 5 - October 11

Back Flavia Pennetta to win WTA Beijing for a 2/10 stake at 26.00 with BetVictor

Back Simona Halep to win WTA Beijing for a 2/10 stake at 7.00 with BetVictor

Going with the players that have the easiest draws here, even though both have some questions to answer. That said, these two bets do look best to me considering how many players have serious issues to deal with at the moment and how packed with quality the draw is in many sections.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/wta-beijing-betting-simona-halep-and-petra-kvitova-lead-the-line-up-in-china

Back Lukas Rosol to beat Aljaz Bedene for a 7/10 stake at 1.91 with BetVictor

Back Milos Raonic (-4) to beat Viktor Troicki for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with 10Bet

Two match bets for me on Monday, one on Rosol, as I'd give him the edge in the match-up against Bedene given the hard court conditions, and one on Raonic, who really should be way too strong for Viktor Troicki, as the Serb is in a truly dreadful form at the moment, even losing against Albot in straight sets in Kuala Lumpur.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-will-novak-djokovic-prove-his-dominance-in-china-next-week-

Di Wu/Rafael Nadal under 17.5 games 1.735

There's is every chance that Di Wu wins maximum 5 games in this match. Di Wu has gotten a wild card in Beijing and facing Nadal spells trouble and he should not be able to win more the 5 games.

Viktor Troicki/Milos Raonic under 22 games 1.775

I agree with CzechPunter on this one but I pick the under bet instead of the over. Does'nt really matter what you pick in this match it feels like since it probably will be a comprehensive victory for Raonic where he will cover -4 spread and make the match go under 22. He's beaten Troicki before in 2012 by straight sets 6-3 6-4 on hardcourt in Montreal and should defenitely be able to do something like before this time to.
Roberto Bautista Agut (+2.5 games) vs Richard Gasquet 1.847

Bautista has a good opportunity to win against Gasquet here but even if he falls short he should be able to cover this handicap. He has done it before against Gasquet. They've met twice and it's one win for each player. First last year on Paris indoor hardcourts where Bautista won in straight sets and then this year in Dubai where Gasquet won in a tight three set encounter where they won equal amount of games.

All on Pinnaclesports.

Absolute donkey of a performance by Denis Istomin. Can't seriously be losing to someone ranked 150 places below him, that's embarrassing.

I've lost a whole load of money on that and I'm fairly frustrated because I don't feel the bet was unreasonable at all. 

Absolute donkey of a performance by Denis Istomin. Can't seriously be losing to someone ranked 150 places below him, that's embarrassing.

I've lost a whole load of money on that and I'm fairly frustrated because I don't feel the bet was unreasonable at all. 

Don't get me wrong for contradicting you, but I often "fear" betting on favorites in these Asian tourneys. I tend to go for the underdogs, like I did for Bai (vs Pouille) and Zhang (vs Berankis) a few days ago. Moreover, Istomin is one of the most unpredictable folks out there, at least for me.

Grigor looks like the right call to me for tomorrow.He was once again widely criticised after he got beaten by Becker and is out of top 20 for first time since January 2014.He said that he has worked really hard on his defending and he feels confident now which should keep him in the game psychologically.He is surely the better player of the two but lacks mentality and if he says he feels confident,then that's the only thing he needs. He had decent serving against both Becker and  Sousa but bad returning cost him the last match.I think if he really has improved his return,then that's the bet for me.Paire did retire against Jerzy in the 2nd set and i think that's the perfect time for our guy to get back to winning ways.I am with the Bulgarian on this one.Dimitrov to win 2:0 @ evs with bet365.

Back Novak Djokovic (-5.5) to beat Simone Bolelli for a 7/10 stake at 1.72 with Paddy Power

Back Tommy Robredo to beat John Millman for a 7/10 stake at 1.61 with Bet365

Fancy Djokovic to beat Bolelli easily, he has a great record against him and he also has an incredible record in Beijing, so even the 5.5 games handicap should be covered more often than not in my opinion. I'll also have a bet on Robredo against Millman, since I don't really care about the 2-0 record Millman has in that match-up, as both matches were played under completely different circumstances. In the slowish Beijing conditions, Robredo should be finally able to get a win on the board in this rivalry.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-rafael-nadal-and-novak-djokovic-join-the-action-on-tuesday

Edited by CzechPunter

1 PICK FOR ATP CHALLENGER TOMORROW

Challenger Morocco (Mohammedia): RAMIREZ-HIDALGO TO DEFEAT TSITSIPAS @ 1.27 on pinnaclesports
Expect it to be an easy win for the very experience clay court player who is very consistent and has very solid baseline game who forces most of the players into unforced errors against a player with no ATP level results.

Back Pablo Cuevas to beat Tomas Berdych for a 4/10 stake at 8.00 with BetVictor

Back Rafael Nadal (-4) to beat Vasek Pospisil for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Betway

Massive odds for Cuevas tomorrow, can't ignore that. Berdych might be tired, with questionable motivation, and Cuevas isn't a pure clay-courter by any means. 8.00 is just too much, seriously. Meanwhile, I also fancy Nadal to get the job done rather easily tomorrow. Pospisil not playing too well at the moment and he won't be able to play as freely as Di Wu I presume.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-shenzhen-finalists-set-to-play-on-wednesday

What do you think about Querrey convering a set or a +4 game handicap against Nishikori? The match winner odds does not look fair to me. Both handicaps were covered every time except once during their previous 6 encounters. Nishikori started quite slow agaist Coric, maybe we can see something similar tomorrow as well?

Back Rafael Nadal (-4) to beat Vasek Pospisil for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Betway

Massive odds for Cuevas tomorrow, can't ignore that. Berdych might be tired, with questionable motivation, and Cuevas isn't a pure clay-courter by any means. 8.00 is just too much, seriously. Meanwhile, I also fancy Nadal to get the job done rather easily tomorrow. Pospisil not playing too well at the moment and he won't be able to play as freely as Di Wu I presume.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-shenzhen-finalists-set-to-play-on-wednesday

What a catch on Cuevas! Well done, mate! Glad you're back at PL ;)

What a shot with Cuevas, bravo!

Back Fabio Fognini to beat David Goffin for a 7/10 stake at 3.10 with Unibet

Back John Isner (-1.5 sets) to beat John Millman for a 7/10 stake at 1.76 with Unibet

Slightly unlucky with Nadal I'd say, but I won't complain too much with Cuevas winning at brilliant odds. Two for me on Thursday. Firstly, Fognini looks too big against Goffin, there isn't a big gap between the two quality-wise and I don't believe that the surface should be seen as an important factor here. Secondly, I think that Isner won't have much trouble against Millman, so I quite like the 1.76 that's on offer for the 2-0 scoreline.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-goffin-faces-fognini-djokovic-takes-on-zhang

Back Timea Bacsinszky to beat Sara Errani @1.92 with MarathonBet

I've opposed Errani in the first round, but she surprized me with eliminating Kvitova. Not for this reason, but I backed her against Garcia, as I had a very strong feeling the French girl will not be able to beat the former RG finalist two times in a row. Another - let's say expected - 3 setter followed, against Petkovic, and next she faces the Swiss-Hungarian Bacsinszky who did not show much since Wimbledon. However this time I'm going to back the former lady to continue the pattern :) as I do feel she has the power to hit Errani off the court. In my eyes Timea is very good at receiving, moreover Errani is usually ultra-vulnerable behind her serve. It might become another 3 setter, but I do think this will be the end of Errani's story in Bejing this year.

Back Jack Sock (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @1.68 with Pinnacle

I admit, the odds are not huge, not even around evens. But Sock seems to be in decent form since the Davis Cup and he should be more than capable to take away at least one set from the former world #1, who already had some problems against Wu and Rosol. I know that the Spaniard's level raises from day to day, but this bet is something I must take.

Back Yen-Hsun Lu (+1.5 sets) to beat David Ferrer @2.29 with TrioBet

Back Yen-Hsun Lu to beat David Ferrer @4.95 with MarathonBet

Ferrer finally seems to be in good form again, and after two easy matches in the Davis Cup he won the tournament in Malaysia. Continued well in Bejing, but he will next face Lu who always troubled him in their previous encounters and I do think this will happen again tomorrow. It seems that Lu simply knows how should be played against the "Pitbull" and this can be the key here. He's in apparently good shape, had absolutely no problems while sending home Mannarino and Troicki so the odds are very tempting both for the set handicap and match winner markets.

Back D.Ferrer/Y-h.Lu - Under 21.5 games for a 7/10 stake at 1.80 with Unibet

Back Novak Djokovic (-3.5) to beat John Isner for a 7/10 stake at 1.66 with Unibet

A very poor performance from Isner against Millman, that's why I'll be going against him tomorrow, especially with Djokovic playing so well at the moment. My other bet will be on Ferrer to have little issues against Lu, I somehow can't see him struggling, event though I'm fully aware of the poor record of the Spaniard. I would like to back Lu at some point, I still like him as a player, but he's been in decline for a very long time now, while Ferrer is still playing top 10 tennis consistently. With bobix backing Lu, I'd love to see Lu winning 6-2 6-2 though ;).

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-can-john-isner-stop-the-world-s-number-one-

Stan Wawrinka (-4.5 games) to beat Austin Krajicek @ 1.952 Pinnacle (4 pts)

I was wary of backing Wawrinka in the early rounds here after his early exit at this tournament last year, but now that he's come through to this point you'd think he'll be trying to go as far as he can. That said, and after Ito took him to three sets in the last round, I'm loathe to back him on the set line and so instead I'll back him to cover the game line. In these conditions I rate Ito as better than Krajicek, who must be starting to feel it after coming through qualifying and playing three-set matches in the last two rounds. Wawrinka is a big step up for the American, and even if he's able to take a set I think he'll do well to keep this close.

John Isner (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic @ 3.280 Pinnacle (2 pts)

I'm not convinced there's any value in the game line, but one line I do like the look of is the set line. In both matches between these two this year there's been a tie-break and although Isner struck out both times, if it gets to six all in at least one set then I'll be happy to be behind the big American at the price. What's also interesting, although I don't place too much importance on historical results, is that Isner has taken at least a set in over half of his previous matches with Djokovic. If nothing else that at least suggests the possibility of value in this bet, and whilst I expect Djokovic to extend his streak of wins in Beijing I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Isner sneak a set if he serves well.

On the face of it, I'd agree that your bet wasn't unreasonable. But that doesn't mean it can't lose, unfortunately. If you continue placing 'reasonable' bets then you'll be ahead in the long run, and that's what counts. Best of luck in the future. :ok

Nice one Czech - it's always good when a big one drops!

Back Jack Sock (+1.5 sets) to beat Rafael Nadal @1.68 with Pinnacle

I admit, the odds are not huge, not even around evens. But Sock seems to be in decent form since the Davis Cup and he should be more than capable to take away at least one set from the former world #1, who already had some problems against Wu and Rosol. I know that the Spaniard's level raises from day to day, but this bet is something I must take.

It was definitely Pospisil, not Rosol :D But at least a winning tip.

Back Yen-Hsun Lu (+1.5 sets) to beat David Ferrer @2.29 with TrioBet

Back Yen-Hsun Lu to beat David Ferrer @4.95 with MarathonBet

Ferrer finally seems to be in good form again, and after two easy matches in the Davis Cup he won the tournament in Malaysia. Continued well in Bejing, but he will next face Lu who always troubled him in their previous encounters and I do think this will happen again tomorrow. It seems that Lu simply knows how should be played against the "Pitbull" and this can be the key here. He's in apparently good shape, had absolutely no problems while sending home Mannarino and Troicki so the odds are very tempting both for the set handicap and match winner markets.

Had his chances in the first set, did not take it :wall Completely missed tip anyway :(

Back Fabio Fognini to beat Rafael Nadal for a 7/10 stake at 2.62 with Paddy Power

Back Novak Djokovic (-5.5) to beat David Ferrer for a 7/10 stake at 1.75 with Betway

Two winners yesterday, with both Ferrer and Djokovic winning very easily. I expect the latter to win very easily tomorrow as well, Ferrer is an excellent match-up for him and fatigue could also play a role with the Spaniard playing way too much tennis over the last two weeks. As far as the first match is concerned, I pretty much see it as a 50/50 coin-flip, with much depending on which Fognini turns up. The 2.62 that's on offer for the Italian therefore looks like value to me.

Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/atp-beijing-betting-yet-another-meeting-between-nadal-and-fognini-on-the-cards