** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Guinness Pro 12 2015/2016

plloyd88

• 1 month later...

Really like the squad that Leinster have sent to Italy to take on basement dwellers Treviso. The Italians are a strong outfit at home but I don't think this will stop Leinster blowing them away

Have had a look at the respective spread and fixed odds prices, and the players' stats, and gone for these 3 tryscorer bets.

Steyn to score a try at 13/2 and buy his try minutes at 6, both with Spreadex

Nacewa to score a try at 5/2 with PP (12/5 Lads acceptable)

Murphy to score a try at 7/2 with PP

Murphy the stronger selection for me, Nacewa just backable at the price. Steyn a bit of an unknown quantity so putting my trust in his impressive figures at Super 10 level. Can't split the prices in terms of value; hence the split stakes approach.

Munster travel to the Scottish capital this weekend the face an Edinburgh side who've just lost to Connacht and Zebre. Edinburgh welcome back a host of top class forwards but I think that the new generation of Munster backs have their number.

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-guinness-pro12-preview-edinburgh-v-munster

Looking at the team that Edinburgh have fielded I fancy Munster's chances even more. They've left out their top 3 back rows in Hardie, Denton and Manu, an area of the field where I was worried Munster would struggle to contain them.

Are you sure Munster were ever 6/4 to win the game? Big market move if so as they're now favourites with Edinburgh available at that price. Munster, as favourites, are listed first on Oddschecker in the win market, despite being the away team. It's also Edinburgh receiving the start at 10/11. Not disputing it if you confirm, just wondered if the way the odds were shown had misled you.

• 3 weeks later...

Table toppers Connacht travel to Thomond park to take on Irish rivals Munster on Saturday night. Although it would be great for the underdogs to pick up their first win in Limerick I think that Munster will have just about enough to beat the Pro12 form team.

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-pro-12-preview-munster-v-connacht

I've had a look at the Edinburgh v Dragons game and like the following tryscorer bets. I appreciate it's not expected to be a try-fest but any single winner would hopefully be enough to show a profit (an early try would undermine the try minutes bets).

For Edinburgh, I've backed du Preez at 5/1, Hardie at 6/1 and Burleigh at 10/1, all with PP. The spread firms regard the first two as more like 9/2 shots at the most and make Burleigh more like 6/1. Having had a look at their respective stats, I'm happy to risk modest stakes on Paddy's prices being generous.

For the visitors, I've bought Hughes's try minutes at 4 with SPIN and Griffiths's at 3 with Spreadex. No guarantee Dragons will score any tries but I like that pair at prices I'd equate to something like 10/1 and 14/1 anytime.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...