** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rugby World Cup 2015

plloyd88

New Zealand/Georgia: Buy Georgia's multi points at 10, Gorgodze's try minutes at 4 and Kacharava's at 2 and Read to score a try at 7/5, all with Spreadex

Might be back with a bet on Georgia to stay within the handicap yet, despite the eloquent case made on here for them to comfortably cover. The ratings I've been using have them just 51 points superior. Read looks decent at that much better than evens and the 2 Georgian's try minutes look like a cheap buy for an interest at worst. Their multi points (1st half points x 2nd half points) appeal at 10 (15 elsewhere) though a nilling is distinctly possible. Encouragingly, if you look at NZ's 10 biggest wins in the last 10 years, their opponents' multi points average 22 with 6 going over the spread (the other 4 being 0s). Less positively, looking at Georgia's 10 biggest defeats there have been 9 0s where they scored all their points in one half or the other. That said, there were 7 games where all their points came in the first half. To cut a long story short, I'm placing this bet with a view to potentially closing out at half time!

New Zealand/Georgia: Buy Georgia's multi points at 10

...looking at Georgia's 10 biggest defeats there have been 9 0s where they scored all their points in one half or the other. That said, there were 7 games where all their points came in the first half. To cut a long story short, I'm placing this bet with a view to potentially closing out at half time!

Closed out before the break at 33 (taking a profit of 23 x my stake). Would have to take 28 at half time. Wrong decision if they score more than 3 points after the break but I'm wary enough of that stat about pointless second halves!

South Africa/Scotland: Bought Scotland hotshots at 20 with SPIN (25 points per Visser, Vernon, Seymour or Hogg try), Visser to score a try at 9/2 with Lads, number 11, 14 or 15 to score the 1st Scotland try at 12/5 with Lads

3 related bets, Visser being a tryscorer system selection at the enhanced price. Hotshots looked cheap at to me at 20 given the players' stats (particularly Visser, Seymour and Hogg) and I was persuaded to buy them by (and to follow) the RP tip which is effectively a bet on Visser, Seymour or Hogg to score the 1st Scotland try.

I'm not greedy but an early Visser try would be most welcome and set me up nicely for the rest of the game!

And so to the final match of the day and, for many, the main event.

I'm inclined towards the view that the value is with the team that's odds against in what looks close to a coin toss on current form, regardless of England's home advantaged. Being greedy, and expecting a close game, I've backed Australia to win by 1-12 points at 3.4 on BF (touching 3.5 now).

I've backed May to score a try at 3/1 with Skybet. I could see the logic in the tip to back him but it took the price boost to tempt me in.

I've bought Australia's hotshots (25 points per Folau, Ashley-Cooper, Kuridrani or Horne try) at 23 with Spreadex. A point higher now but still some appeal as I think that quartet are worth slightly more than a try between them. I've also backed Folau to score a try at 4.4 on BF as I don't think he should be bigger than 3/1.

I've bought Ben Young's try minutes at 4 with Spreadex and Foley's at 5 with SPIN as they look a little low to me on their stats. Young's price is better value than the 13/2 anytime, Foley's closer to the 7 or 8/1 you can get.

Finally, I've had a quid on the 66/1 Skybet offer for England to win by 1-3 points and score a drop goal as the final scoring play. Doesn't feel like a terrible price and might get an "ooh" or two out of it towards the end!

A lot of bets on one game but all appeal at the price and most are to modest stakes.

England vs Australia

Ben Morgan First Tryscorer for the team 15/2 paddy power

Ben Morgan to score anytime 4/1 paddy power

Jonny May and Israel Folau to score a try anytime 11/1 sky bet

Mike Brown Jonny May and Israel Folau to score a try anytime 70/1 sky bet

I like the look of Morgan in these type of games and he has already scored against this opposition and if want someone to score a try then sometimes comes up with one

Edited by owenclass

Stellar performance from Aus last night. Feel gutted for England but there was always going to be one top team knocked out of that pool, shame it's the hosts, expect a lot of ticket resales! Liking Ireland to step up their game against Italy today. This will be a dry run for next weeks pool decider so you can expect them to aim for a clinical performance

Stellar performance from Aus last night. Feel gutted for England but there was always going to be one top team knocked out of that pool, shame it's the hosts, expect a lot of ticket resales! Liking Ireland to step up their game against Italy today. This will be a dry run for next weeks pool decider so you can expect them to aim for a clinical performance

What country are you from out of interest?

I think most of the rugby world are certainly not gutted for England.

My avatar might give it away mate. Maybe they won't but personally I feel for them and their fans. Imagine if your home nation had been preparing to host the comp then to play the worst rugby you've played for a number of years. 

Sorry, I'm not a rugby fan so I don't know who your avatar is! 

They were in a group with three big teams and only two could go through. I wish the media etc could be more philosophical in their analysis, one big team had to miss out, that doesn't mean it was a disaster or heads have to roll for that team. If they had gone out in a group with only one or two big teams fair enough that WOULD be a disaster but in this instance it was just bad luck with the draw they got, nothing more. 

Ireland v Italy: Buy Ireland hotshots at 50 with Spreadex, O'Brien to score a try at 16/5 with PP, Bowe to score 2 or more tries at 15/2 with 888 and Earls to do so at 12/1, also with 888, bought Campagnaro's try minutes at 6 with Spreadex

Fancy a decent showing from Ireland, the hotshots were tipped by the RP at 53 and appeal at a price where 2 tries would see you break even. Missed 7/2 about O'Brien but still a decent edge in that price if mainly based on recent form rather than overall. Bowe and Earls both scored a brace in Ireland's last game and have done so in 8/69 and 5/35 International starts respectively. Both look well worth backing at those prices and either would be nice for the hotshots buy! Fancied an interest at the other end as well and decided to go for Campagnaro based on the shout for him anytime in the preview on here.

Hopefully be a cracking game (though I'd settle for dull as ditchwater but massively profitable)!

Who we classing as the third big team? Australia, England and Fiji? haha. England messed up when they made the shocking decision not to go for the 3 points at the death V Wales. Then went on to bottle it against the Aussies. No surprise there. Expect Australia to top the group from here and fancy them to make the final.

Who we classing as the third big team? Australia, England and Fiji? haha. England messed up when they made the shocking decision not to go for the 3 points at the death V Wales. Then went on to bottle it against the Aussies. No surprise there. Expect Australia to top the group from here and fancy them to make the final.

I'm not sure if you're joking but I meant Australia, Wales and England as the three big teams.

Check out the latest preview between Canada and Romania. The wet weather in Leicester will suit the burly Romanians but i think that Canada have shown enough so far this tournament that they're due to pick up their first win. 

https://www.punterslounge.com/rugby-union-betting-world-cup-preview-canada-v-romania

Edited by plloyd88

Cheers. Decided I like the prospect of another van der Merwe try at 15/8 with Skybet but ruined it for everyone else as the "sheer weight" of my money saw it immediately cut to 6/4! :lol

Also, still in Canada v Romania, I've backed Kinikinilau at 8/1 with the same firm and bought Lucaci's try minutes at 5 with Spreadex. Both look a little generous to me and make for an interest to modest enough stakes.