** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A - Sept 26 - 28

26/09/2015Napoli67.5067.50 - 33.5033.50Juventus+34.00
26/09/2015Roma52.5052.50 - 41.5041.50Carpi+11.00
27/09/2015Bologna24.0024.00 - 23.0023.00Udinese+1.00
27/09/2015Genoa26.0026.00 - 21.0021.00Milan+5.00
27/09/2015Inter Milan47.5047.50 - 26.5026.50Fiorentina+21.00
27/09/2015Sassuolo44.0044.00 - 34.0034.00Chievo+10.00
27/09/2015Torino51.5051.50 - 23.0023.00Palermo+28.50
27/09/2015Verona31.5031.50 - 8.008.00Lazio+23.50
28/09/2015Atalanta53.0053.00 - 33.0033.00Sampdoria+20.00
28/09/2015Frosinone25.0025.00 - 42.5042.50Empoli-17.50

Ratings explained here https://www.punterslounge.com/football-ratings

Napoli vs Juventus Preview: Who Will Win Battle Of The Under Achievers?

Two of Serie A's under achieving sides play each other this Saturday in a 7:45pm kick off on BT Europe. Napoli sit in 11th place on 6 points whilst Juventus are positioned in 13th place with 5 points. A win will be imperative for both of these sides if they want to push on up the table after a poor start.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 6/5 with Totesport

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/napoli-vs-juventus-preview-who-will-win-battle-of-the-under-achievers

Edited by StevieDay1983

Genoa V AC Milan

AC Milan -0 @ 1.729 Matchbook > 5% BR

I was impressed with Milan during the week at Udinese, not only do they defend well as a unit under Mihajlovic but they are also starting to click with the offensive side of their game. Montolivo is returning to form with his vision and passing while Bonaventura’s attacking game also seems to be maturing. Balotelli has been strong since returning from Liverpool and in my view put in a career best performance in the midweek game at the stadio friuli. People will point to the fact that Milan nearly let a 3-0 lead slip in that encounter, but that was largely due to tactical changes from both sides in the second half where Milan lost their only natural right-back. Before that Milan defended extremely well, they defend as a team and this is one of the key characteristics of a Mihajlovic team.

Genoa are really not a side to be underestimated and goodness knows I’ve had problems fading them in the past but they are in a difficult moment right now. The fixture machine has not been kind to them thus far with Gasperini’s team having to face many of the top sides early doors. Genoa’s injury and suspension problems continue for the game against Milan, many first teamers will be missing and it’s difficult to envisage that this will be the game where Genoa can improve their poor form.

This will not be an easy game for Milan by any means, Genoa will still utilize their high tempo pressing game and their aggressive style does not allow much time for their opponents to get comfortable on the ball. The home side still have exciting and dangerous players they can call upon such as Perotti and Ntcham and it’s generally considered a bold move to oppose Genoa on their own turf. Despite this, I really like the look of Milan at the moment, their performances seem to improve with every game and I believe they have the quality and characteristics to capitalize against a damaged Genoa outfit.

It’s Milan with full draw cover for me, still risky but I’ll take it.

Edited by Das Phantom

Inter Milan V Fiorentina

Fiorentina +0.75 @ 1.825 Bet365 > 5% BR

Both these clubs have started well this campaign and we see Inter top the division with a 100% record thus far. Inter have been solid if unspectacular but the quality of opposition they have so far faced can hardly be described as the best and brightest. People will highlight the fact that Roberto Mancini’s side were victorious in the Milan derby but I watched that game and I thought a draw would have been a much fairer result on the balance of play. Anyway, let’s not be too critical of Inter, they have performed to a good standard so far, the defense looks very solid and the squad has strength in depth quality wise.

I like the look of Fiorentina under Paulo Sousa, he is a coach I have been critical of in the past but performances have been good for the viola thus far. They are defensively solid and retain the ball well, just as they did under Montella, but this season they seem to be more industrious and energized both in exterior positions and central midfield. Their transfer dealings over the summer have been very good imo with some of the old dead wood being cleared out with more energetic and industrious players being bought in to replace them. The spirit level seems to be very high at Fiorentina just now, they are in a good moment.

If you compare the individual forwards of both sides I think it’s fair to say that Inter have the better personnel with the likes of Icardi and Jovetic in their ranks. Despite this, Inter have been far from prolific in front of goal so far this campaign. Naturally, teams will defend in numbers against them and rarely try to make the game but I do feel Inter have been suffering in the construction phase of their play so far with an over-reliance on long shots and set-pieces. I do not feel the same can be said about Fiorentina, even when opposition teams defend deep and with numbers, Sousa’s side exhibits intelligent attacking movement and linkup play in the final 3rd which enables them to unlock stubborn teams. Both Inter and Fiorentina have been organized and defended well so far this season but for me, Fiorentina are stronger in the construction phase of the game at this moment in time.

Generally speaking this is a tough game to call and will be a tough match for both sides. It’s been a fantastic start for Inter but because Fiorentina are in such a good moment they have a chance of ending the nerazzurri’s 100% record here.

Edited by Das Phantom

AS Roma v Carpi

AS Roma: Szczesny (3/0 first goalkeeper), Capradossi (0/0 d), Strootman (0/0 m), Rudiger (2/0 d)

Carpi: Marrone (2/0 m), Wilckzek (2/0 f), Spolli (1/0 d), Mbakogu (3/0 f), Benussi (3/0 g), Lollo (4/0 m, doubtful)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com