** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League ~ September 29th & 30th

Aidymac

Arsenal v Olympiakos

One thing I really like here are GOALS! Arsenal have not defended well in recent weeks and I think the Greek side will be looking to exploit that weakness. Although Arsenal were impressive winners at the weekend, Leicester City still managed to score twice against the Gunners. Bellerin and Monreal are hardly what you would call reliable solid defenders whilst Mertesacker is a bit predictable and slow.

Arsenal have shipped seven goals in their last four games and Olympiakos have not kept a clean sheet in their last four games either! Both these sides will play open attack minded football so with that in mind, Both Teams To Score has to be my bet on the night. Arsenal will score, we know that and although the Greeks struggle on the road in the Champions League, they did put two goals past Juventus away last year, a team that went on to play in the final.

Back Both Teams To Score ~ 4 Points @ 10/11 Boylesports

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-wenger-s-men-hit-form-coming-into-european-clash

Porto v Chelsea

Even if Chelsea were at full strength, playing their best football, they would be in for an extremely tough night in Porto. But now that there are big question marks over the dressing room, the morale, the confidence, the players and the manager, I really don't think Chelsea have what it takes to go to Portugal and get a win on Tuesday night.

The last time Chelsea travelled to Porto was back in 2009 and they won 1-0 on that night but that was a great team. They had Drogba, Ballack, Deco, Anelka, Malouda, Carvalho, Cech etc and although they are the Champions of England, they certainly are not playing like they are right now and I will be betting against them.

Porto make life difficult for any team that visit their stadium. They play with a huge amount of intensity, pride and passion. Aboubakar has scored four goals in six games for them so far this season and he will cause that Chelsea defence a lot of problems. Porto know Chelsea and Mourinho are under huge pressure at the moment and they will be looking to exploit that.

Back Porto "0" Asian Handicap ~ 5 Points @ 13/16 Bet Victor

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-jose-mourinho-is-in-for-a-tough-night-at-his-old-club

Hi, Aidymac.

Thanks for all your efforts in starting these football threads, and posting the opening odds.

You used to post "decimal" odds - now I notice you are quoting "fractional" odds. This is not a criticism, but I think most football punters think in "decimals" - our (horse) racing colleagues are more familiar with "fractional" odds.

Hi, Aidymac.

Thanks for all your efforts in starting these football threads, and posting the opening odds.

You used to post "decimal" odds - now I notice you are quoting "fractional" odds. This is not a criticism, but I think most football punters think in "decimals" - our (horse) racing colleagues are more familiar with "fractional" odds.

No problem mate, I will put them up as decimal in future. However, walk into any bookmakers and look at any coupon, you will never see a decimal odd.

Bayern München v Dinamo Zagreb

Bayern München: Vidal (7/1 m), Rode (2/1 m)(both doubtful), Ribery (0/0 m), Robben (3/1 m), Benatia (2/1 d), Badstuber (0/0 d), Kirchhoff (0/0 d)

Dinamo Zagreb: Pinto (6/0 d), Sigali (5/1 d), Schildenfeld (0/0 d), Pavičić (0/0 m)

FC Barcelona v Bayer Leverkusen

FC Barcelona: Bravo (2/0 g), Alba (3/0 d)(both doubtful), Messi (6/3 f, top scorer), Vermaelen (3/1 d), Rafinha (3/0 m), Adriano (2/0 d), Turan (0/0 m), Vidal (0/0 m)

Bayer Leverkusen: Hilbert (4/0 d, doubtful), Jedvaj (0/0 d), Toprak (0/0 d), Aránguiz (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

I've gone through some elo ratings for these games, and a measure of value is shown in two of the Wednesday games at the moment.

Shakhtar v PSG
Shakhtar +0.5
Bet365

Well I've watched Shakhtar in their home leg of the 3rd round qualifier to get to this stage and was impressed. Always underrated and always a threat. They played with speed, skill and put on a home display full of passion.

PSG do have players comparable to those of Real who ripped them apart last time out, but odds against at home on a double chance has to be taken or even at least traded and a profit taken in play. Teams keep buying Shakhtars Brazilians when they ripen each season but there's always a new crop coming through.

Not to mention PSG away in their domestic league are prone to throw up a few horrifying results.

Porto have been smashed in from 2.9 earlier in the week to a best priced 2.4 with the major firms and I'm a bit surprised by this as Porto have been far from convincing in the league this season. They've been very one dimensional in attack hitting balls into the box for Aboubakar or relying on their wingers to create something from nothing and you would think this sort of game would suit Chelsea who can be vulnerable when stretched through the centre of the field.

Porto have been playing a flat 4-3-3 all season leaving Aboubakar isolated up front. With none of the midfielders running in behind or in between the lines and the wide players preferring the ball played to feet Chelsea's spine who are completely void of pace will be delighted. On the other hand Porto have an exceptional home record and Chelsea have been nothing short of awful this season so it's hard to have any confidence in the away side. No bet for me.

I saw Sevilla against Gladbach when they met in the first round and was very impressed with the Spanish side as I have been pretty much every single time I've watched them under Emery right back to when they won the Europa League in 2014. However I haven't watched them in La Liga this season and their form has been pretty poor. I was thinking of taking them +0.5 away at Juventus tomorrow. Any thoughts from anyone who's watched them in La Liga? Or has any opinion in general?

I saw Sevilla against Gladbach when they met in the first round and was very impressed with the Spanish side as I have been pretty much every single time I've watched them under Emery right back to when they won the Europa League in 2014. However I haven't watched them in La Liga this season and their form has been pretty poor. I was thinking of taking them +0.5 away at Juventus tomorrow. Any thoughts from anyone who's watched them in La Liga? Or has any opinion in general?

I've seen them away to Las Palmas two rounds ago where they lost 2:0 o the newly promoted side. I wasn't impressed with Sevila at all and looked like a lost bet from first half. Altho' Champions League is at another level and they could raise their game, am not much impressed and will stay away from them for a while.

Borussia Mönchengladbach v Manchester City

If Joe Hart, Yaya Toure, David Silva and Vincent Kompany are all out for this match, Manchester City could be in a bit of bother. That is the entire spine of the team out injured and we saw what happened at White Hart Lane without these players at the weekend. They look very unstable at present, look very vulnerable at the back and Otamendi in particular had a shocking game against Spurs.

Without Silva pulling the strings in midfield, they lack fluidity and Aguero could be starved of quality ball. Their back up plan up there was Yaya Toure and if he misses out, they really could lack creativity in the final third. Gladbach started the season off terribly but confidence will now be high with two impressive victories in the Bundesliga in their last two games under their interim coach.

I expect the Germans to attack City from the word go so we should see an open game and I think the Germans might be hungrier here. City have a shocking record in the Champions League and it is clear to see why. A lack of hunger, passion and pride from both players and fans in this competiton.

Back Borussia Mönchengladbach +0.25 Asian Handicap ~ 3 Points @ 2.43 888Sport

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-man-city-looking-to-bounce-back-from-spurs-drubbing

Manchester United v Wolfsburg

The majority of people will fancy Manchester United to pick up three points here. Based on the statistics, individual players and playing at home, you would not blame someone for backing United here. But I am not convinced by them just yet; For me, there is still a real lack of intensity in the side.

The passing is really slow and predictable, the pressing is not good enough, the form of Rooney has been poor and the back line still looks vulnerable. Anthony Martial and David De Gea may get United out of trouble on Wednesday night, but I see enough quality in that Wolfsburg team that can hurt United.

Dost has scored five goals in seven games so far for the Germans this season and he will cause the United back four a lot of problems. They have Schurrle in midfield who is an excellent player and grafter whilst they also have Draxler who is highly regarded all around the world. I am expecting a few goals at Old Trafford but I think this could well turn out to be a draw and I will bet accordingly.

Back The Draw ~ 2 Points @ 3.80 Unibet

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-wolfsburg-can-pile-the-pressure-on-louis-van-gaal

Arsenal v Olympiakos

One thing I really like here are GOALS! Arsenal have not defended well in recent weeks and I think the Greek side will be looking to exploit that weakness. Although Arsenal were impressive winners at the weekend, Leicester City still managed to score twice against the Gunners. Bellerin and Monreal are hardly what you would call reliable solid defenders whilst Mertesacker is a bit predictable and slow.

Arsenal have shipped seven goals in their last four games and Olympiakos have not kept a clean sheet in their last four games either! Both these sides will play open attack minded football so with that in mind, Both Teams To Score has to be my bet on the night. Arsenal will score, we know that and although the Greeks struggle on the road in the Champions League, they did put two goals past Juventus away last year, a team that went on to play in the final.

Back Both Teams To Score ~ 4 Points @ 10/11 Boylesports

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-wenger-s-men-hit-form-coming-into-european-clash

Porto v Chelsea

Even if Chelsea were at full strength, playing their best football, they would be in for an extremely tough night in Porto. But now that there are big question marks over the dressing room, the morale, the confidence, the players and the manager, I really don't think Chelsea have what it takes to go to Portugal and get a win on Tuesday night.

The last time Chelsea travelled to Porto was back in 2009 and they won 1-0 on that night but that was a great team. They had Drogba, Ballack, Deco, Anelka, Malouda, Carvalho, Cech etc and although they are the Champions of England, they certainly are not playing like they are right now and I will be betting against them.

Porto make life difficult for any team that visit their stadium. They play with a huge amount of intensity, pride and passion. Aboubakar has scored four goals in six games for them so far this season and he will cause that Chelsea defence a lot of problems. Porto know Chelsea and Mourinho are under huge pressure at the moment and they will be looking to exploit that.

Back Porto "0" Asian Handicap ~ 5 Points @ 13/16 Bet Victor

Read Full Preview @ https://www.punterslounge.com/champions-league-betting-tips-jose-mourinho-is-in-for-a-tough-night-at-his-old-club

Good night at the office.

The draw is probable, but i would rather choose btts. Wolfsburg will let united control the game and Dost has enough quality to score against a shaky united defense. What about Atletico to win? Simeone knows how to mobilise his team and they are going to play against Real on Saturday. Benfica are no pushovers but their away form isnt convincing

I'm personally not confident of a United win. The Germans love that all the pressure is on United with Van Gaal saying they MUST win. Wolfsburg have huge danger in that front 4 and Kruse/Dost are good finishers. Likewise Man Utd have talent up front. They finished second in Germany last year and are accustomed to doing battle with BVB and Bayern so this occasion won't faze them. A new look unproven United side who find themselves top of the league but haven't gone through the fire yet to prove anything to us.

Can they dominate top European sides who are tactically intelligent at home and get 3 points or do they get sucked into conceding goals like Chelsea and Arsenal on Tuesday?

The common theme in both sides is a less than water tight defense which is compensated for by some heavy artillery upfront and generally two sides who get proactive and attack matches. 

I will play the plain old over 2.5  Matchbook @ 1.84

Astana-Galatasaray

Astana really don't deserve to be here.It's just they don't have the quality to be amongst best.APOEL were all over them in both fixtures but their strikers were missing their scoring boots.Astana should've been well beaten in Kazakhstan in the 1st round while the reversed fixture was more balanced but APOEL still were obviously the better team.Astana don't posses real attacking weapons and watching them play i can only see a lot of fight and efforts they put in their performance.Galata on the other hand have what it takes to go through the group stages but the injury of Burak,their top striker,might be the reason they won't make it.It's expected him to be out for about a month and until then Bulut will lead the attack.Galata will still have what it takes to win this game despite their attacking options being limited without their star striker.They''ll still have Sneijder,Podolski and Oztekin who are doing a great job in the Toto League.It's true that their defence has been far from superior these days but they can cause big problems upfront and given how toothless Astana looked to me in the qualifying rounds i think Galata will beat them today.The fact that they lost in the 1st round in Turkey might actually benefit them because they know that if they are to have any chances of finishing 2nd they must win both their games against Astana who were demolished by Benfica in Portugal but the home team were unlucky not to score more which might give the team from Kazakhstan extra motivation for this game tonight but i think this time motivation and spirit won't help them much.Galata have a greater class and should be victorious at the end although i don't expect an easy win for them.Galata to win&under 2.5 goals @ 4.50 with bet365.

I'm from Kazakhstan and I want to write that win will not be easy for Galatasaray if it will, Astana can give ball to guest and play in defense. Astana can score playing in counterattacks. One goal can do the result of this matchmatch for both sides. 

Under 2,5 is the best choice here!

I'm from Kazakhstan and I want to write that win will not be easy for Galatasaray if it will, Astana can give ball to guest and play in defense. Astana can score playing in counterattacks. One goal can do the result of this matchmatch for both sides. 

Under 2,5 is the best choice here!

Under 2.5 goals is the wisest choice,indeed.I too think that a single goal might separate these two hence will go riskier and bet on the above!GL!