Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Aidymac

Barclays Premier League ~ September 26th - 28th

Ratings for the Premier League:

26/09/2015Leicester44.3336.00 - 44.5050.67Arsenalred;">-6.33
26/09/2015Liverpool31.6730.00 - 29.0028.67Aston Villa+3.00
26/09/2015Manchester Utd35.3344.00 - 21.5025.33Sunderland+10.00
26/09/2015Newcastle19.3314.50 - 44.0034.00Chelseared;">-14.67
26/09/2015Southampton45.3355.00 - 41.5051.67Swanseared;">-6.33
26/09/2015Stoke22.3329.00 - 39.0034.67Bournemouthred;">-12.33
26/09/2015Tottenham45.0047.50 - 65.0067.00Manchester Cityred;">-22.00
26/09/2015West Ham30.6734.00 - 12.5029.67Norwich+1.00
27/09/2015Watford30.6729.50 - 41.5047.00Crystal Palacered;">-16.33
28/09/2015West Brom21.0027.00 - 25.5034.67Evertonred;">-13.67

Tottenham vs Manchester City: Can The Citizens Hit Back After Hammering?

The 12:45pm kick off on BT Sport this Saturday is Tottenham vs Manchester City. City lost their first game of the season against West Ham at home in their last Premier League match and will be keen to hit back but they face a tough task at White Hart Lane versus Mauricio Pochettino's organised unit.

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 13/11 with Unibet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/tottenham-vs-manchester-city-preview-can-the-citizens-hit-back-after-hammering

Edited by StevieDay1983

Sorry to be annoying but I have a couple of questions:

Are the ratings based on attacking play only? If yes, what are the factors involved?

Is a + figure in favour of the home team and a - figure in favour of the away team?

Attacking play only yeah, ratings would become too complicated otherwise. I don't reveal exactly what, but they are pretty accurate over the years.

+ or - is home team - away team

figs in the middle are last 2 games average.

So, example:

West Ham30.6734.00 - 12.5029.67Norwich+1.00

West Ham 30.67 minus 29.67 (average over last 4 games or amount played so far) These are West Ham's home match average and Norwich away match average only.

Last 2 games Norwich average has dropped as you can see to only 12.50.

Newcastle vs Chelsea Preview: Mission Impossible For Under Pressure McClaren?

Newcastle are yet to earn a league win this season and they face a huge challenge to get their first three points this weekend as they host reigning champions Chelsea at St James's Park on Saturday at 5:30pm on Sky Sports 1.

THE BET

European Handicap: Chelsea -1 @ 7/4 with Sky Bet

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-vs-chelsea-preview-mission-impossible-for-under-pressure-mcclaren

Surely West Ham are a good price to finally show some of their away form at home, where they usually are at their best? Not going to get much of a better chance than against a team like Norwich.

Anything above 2.00 looks good enough to get involved in!

Back West Ham @ 2.30 William Hill

Edited by Paul Ross

Surely West Ham are a good price to finally show some of their away form at home, where they usually are at their best? Not going to get much of a better chance than against a team like Norwich.

You just never know with West Ham, unbelievable when on song but then lost to Bournemouth and Leicester at home! Bilic seems to have a right crack though and goals are guaranteed, Over 2.5 could be a great bet on this match as Norwich are a free flowing side too. Have followed with a bet on West Ham anyways, too big a price.

My own thoughts for this weekend:

Man Utd -2 Goals @ 17/10 Paddy Power - Martial banging them in for fun at the moment and Sunderland are rubbish, I think most can agree it should be a 3-0 job?Martial First Goal @ 19/5 with 10Bet and small bet to score a hat-trick @ 20/1 with Betfred

I also think Man City are a big price at Evens to beat Spurs. Not convinced by Spurs at all, especially when they meet a top side. The talent in that City team now is unreal and I fancy them minus a goal at 12/5 with Bet Victor.

Leicester v Arsenal

This game just screams GOALS! Arsenal will be their fluent attacking self leaving space at the back. Leicester seem to be loving their comebacks under The Tinker Man himself. You could be forgiven for backing both Over on the goals and both teams to score as it just looks a nailed on cert in my eyes.

1.69 on BTTS at 10bet looks just the job. 

Spurs v Man City

Tottenham have not won the 1st half of this fixture in the last 5 meetings.

In fact, they have not managed a 1st half home goal.

City have won the last 4 first halves of this fixture and have won 3 of the last 4 HT/FT.

Odds on the away win HT/FT are 3

I like price for Soke HW. Adam and Affelay are back. In their last game of playing on the gas Leicester were close win.
For me, the guests will go down, because I see a chance for Stoke. I look forward to the break.

HW 5/10

GL

Yeah. For me Norwich took blissful point from Anfield. West Ham is likely to win ....

West Ham v Norwich City

West Ham: Angelo Ogbonna (5/0 d), Enner Valencia (0/0 f), Joey O'Brien (0/0 d), Alex Song (0/0 m), Morgan Amalfitano (0/0 m)

Norwich City: Matthew Jarvis (2/1 m), Gary Hooper (2/0 f), Youssouf Mulumbu (0/0 m)

Newcastle Utd v Chelsea FC

Newcastle Utd: Massadio Haidara (6/0 d), Jack Colback (6/0 m), Rolando Aarons (3/0 m)(all doubtful), Paul Dummett (0/0 d), Sylvain Marveaux (0/0 m), Emmanuel Riviere (0/0 f), Curtis Good (0/0 d), Steven Taylor (2/0 d), Karl Darlow (0/0 g), Cheick Tiote (2/0 m), Papiss Demba Cisse (6/1 f)

Chelsea FC: Diego Costa (6/1 f, suspended), Thibaut Courtois (3/0 first goalkeeper)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Stoke City V Bournemouth

Stoke City +0 @ 1.806 Matchbook > 5% BR

We have two similar sides facing off at the Britannia this weekend, both have quality in an attacking sense but both have been poor defensively thus far.

Stoke are yet to win in the EPL this season, they came close last week but individual errors cost them and they let a 2-0 lead slip against Leicester. Despite this, Mark Hughes team bounced back midweek with a narrow 1-0 win at Fulham in the league cup and that victory may just be the psychological catalyst that Stoke need. 

Bournemouth have a strong chance conversion rate just at the minute and that has allowed them to pickup some key victories. I opposed them last week when they played Sunderland and I am still left a little bewildered as to how Sunderland managed to loose that game by a 2 goal margin. Bournemouth still have a lot of defensive issues and they can at times look exposed in the balance of play. Eddie Howe loves his high energy pressing style but you wonder if that can be maintained this weekend after playing 3 games in the space of a week. Bournemouth’s midweek victory at Preston had to go the full distance and although Howe rotated heavily, he doesn’t have the same squad depth and quality at his disposal compared to Hughes.

Stoke are due for a league victory, this encounter should be seen as an opportunity to gain 3pts considering the circumstances. It’s Stoke with full draw cover for me.

Edited by Das Phantom

I've heard a lot of interest in West Ham this weekend. I think Bilic is only getting to know his team more and they will only get better as the season goes on. I actually think Norwich could still go down this season. I rate Alex Neil as a manager but I think they possess one of the weakest squads in the division. I think their lack of depth could catch up with them come Christmas time. This weekend, I think West Ham will show their class again. They put the home form hoodoo behind them against a poor Newcastle side and that's a huge monkey off their back. I think they'll play with more freedom against the Canaries and will win.

Watford vs Crystal Palace Preview: The Hornets Hoping To Sting The Eagles

Newly promoted Watford take on Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace this Sunday in a 4pm kick off on Sky Sports 1. Two teams that are defying their critics by performing so well and both clubs currently positioned within the top 10. Will they cancel each other out or will one side prevail victorious and push on to strengthen their position in the top half of the table at this early stage in the season?

THE BET

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 4/6 with Paddy Power

Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/watford-vs-crystal-palace-preview-the-hornets-hoping-to-sting-the-eagles

Ratings for the Premier League:

26/09/2015Leicester44.3336.00 - 44.5050.67Arsenalred;">-6.33
26/09/2015Liverpool31.6730.00 - 29.0028.67Aston Villa+3.00
26/09/2015Manchester Utd35.3344.00 - 21.5025.33Sunderland+10.00
26/09/2015Newcastle19.3314.50 - 44.0034.00Chelseared;">-14.67
26/09/2015Southampton45.3355.00 - 41.5051.67Swanseared;">-6.33
26/09/2015Stoke22.3329.00 - 39.0034.67Bournemouthred;">-12.33
26/09/2015Tottenham45.0047.50 - 65.0067.00Manchester Cityred;">-22.00
26/09/2015West Ham30.6734.00 - 12.5029.67Norwich+1.00
27/09/2015Watford30.6729.50 - 41.5047.00Crystal Palacered;">-16.33
28/09/2015West Brom21.0027.00 - 25.5034.67Evertonred;">-13.67

Looking at these numbers I see there might be value on Palace, Man City and even Villa... or maybe I am looking at them in the wrong way. 

West Ham v Norwich

West Ham have had great success on their travels this season. Wins at Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal

in one season for any team, is a collection of fantastic results. At home they have lost two games , against Leicester and Bournemouth.

It definitely indicates that their style of play is well suited for away games.

Fast players with pace, where the quick break catches teams unprepared.

It worked perfectly against Arsenal on the opening day. 

At home, the expectation is different. Fans demand that they dominate the game, push for goals and up the tempo.

They can't play this away style .... and they are not in sync YET, with the style of football demanded by the fans at home. 

I feel this will be an open game with goals, and would be going for the over 2.5 match goals or the BTTS,

whichever gave slightly better odds.

Premier League Newcastle United- Chelsea

I do not know what to make of United after last week's performance, they were 2-0 down and effectively out of the game at home to Watford and I spoke at the time about how vital that match was with some very difficult fixtures on the near horizon

They had the chance to get some momentum back with a visit from Championship side Sheffield United in midweek and whilst I appreciate that it is all about survival for the Magpies ,they really needed a win, just to give the club/splayers and supporters a lift, but they lost that too and the boos have been ringing out at St James' Park. Their play has been a little one dimensional with a huge number of crosses in the box ( 40 versus Watford) and few finding their intended target , circa 10%. Boss Steven McClaren has spoken about a club in crisis this week and that his players lack belief, his team have won just three times in 2015 and the head coach just 3 in 21 overseeing a poor end of the season at Derby County and they are both short of confidence and why winning one of the previous two games was essential.

Chelsea could afford to field a B team and score four at Walsall in midweek and are starting to build a little momentum.

They are without Diego Costa today, but Chelsea are unbeaten in his absence ( 8-4-0) and really need to win this to continue their long climb up the table, by kick off, two or three of the other big 4 are likely to have posted wins and it will be virtually game over in terms of the title and before the end of September for the West london side, if they do not do likewise.

Chelsea -1 ball 2.19 asian line/Sportmarket.

Stoke -1 (AH) @ 3.90 Bet365

Stoke and Both teams to score @ 5.00 

Stoke look too big a price due to their poor start and Bournemouth are getting much respect in the markets for a newly promoted side.

The problem with Stoke is the centre halves and a lack of balance in the side. They've got numerous options in the attacking half but are missing a quality midfield destroyer who can tighten things up and protect the defence. The potters are still winless and are managing to put a good 45 minutes together but not a full game. For my money though, it's just a matter of time until things click into place. The new signings are slowly bedding in and a front four of Arnautovic, Bojan, Shaqiri and Diouf will cause any side problems. In fact, sooner or later they are going to give someone a drubbing and I'm keen to be one them when they do.

No one respects Bournemoth more than me. I think Eddie Howe is a superb manager and I know he's being doing his homework on Stoke. So of course there's a danger that he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat. But the price here today isn't a true reflection on the two sides abilities imho. Stoke's poor defence remains a concern and I struggle to see them keeping a clean sheet. So if they are going to win then it's going to be a 'we will score one more than you'. For that reason I like the bet of Stoke to win and both teams to score and at 4/1 it's an attractive price too. I'm also backing the Potttes on the Asian -1 line. In the event of them winning by 1 goal I get my money back. But if today is the day things click into place, Stoke's attacking quartet could prove toomuch for the Cherries defence and a decent win could be on the cards.

its safe too say I'm heavily in on the Potters today!

Stoke -1 (AH) @ 3.90 Bet365

Stoke and Both teams to score @ 5.00 

Stoke look too big a price due to their poor start and Bournemouth are getting much respect in the markets for a newly promoted side.

The problem with Stoke is the centre halves and a lack of balance in the side. They've got numerous options in the attacking half but are missing a quality midfield destroyer who can tighten things up and protect the defence. The potters are still winless and are managing to put a good 45 minutes together but not a full game. For my money though, it's just a matter of time until things click into place. The new signings are slowly bedding in and a front four of Arnautovic, Bojan, Shaqiri and Diouf will cause any side problems. In fact, sooner or later they are going to give someone a drubbing and I'm keen to be one them when they do.

No one respects Bournemoth more than me. I think Eddie Howe is a superb manager and I know he's being doing his homework on Stoke. So of course there's a danger that he's going to pull a rabbit out of a hat. But the price here today isn't a true reflection on the two sides abilities imho. Stoke's poor defence remains a concern and I struggle to see them keeping a clean sheet. So if they are going to win then it's going to be a 'we will score one more than you'. For that reason I like the bet of Stoke to win and both teams to score and at 4/1 it's an attractive price too. I'm also backing the Potttes on the Asian -1 line. In the event of them winning by 1 goal I get my money back. But if today is the day things click into place, Stoke's attacking quartet could prove toomuch for the Cherries defence and a decent win could be on the cards.

its safe too say I'm heavily in on the Potters today!

Your bet is based on the assumption that Stoke will surely win this match. For me Stoke's victory  is far from certain. Bournemouth play with great energy and intensity, and their players are good enough to score a goal or 2. It's very likely that this match will see a team emerge victorious but I just can't say who, and therefore the price on Bournemouth LVL FT represents huge value here. 

Your bet is based on the assumption that Stoke will surely win this match. For me Stoke's victory  is far from certain. Bournemouth play with great energy and intensity, and their players are good enough to score a goal or 2. It's very likely that this match will see a team emerge victorious but I just can't say who, and therefore the price on Bournemouth LVL FT represents huge value here. 

Well of course it is! I'd say the value was all on Stoke but it's all about opinions. Good luck.

Premier League Newcastle United- Chelsea

I do not know what to make of United after last week's performance, they were 2-0 down and effectively out of the game at home to Watford and I spoke at the time about how vital that match was with some very difficult fixtures on the near horizon

They had the chance to get some momentum back with a visit from Championship side Sheffield United in midweek and whilst I appreciate that it is all about survival for the Magpies ,they really needed a win, just to give the club/splayers and supporters a lift, but they lost that too and the boos have been ringing out at St James' Park. Their play has been a little one dimensional with a huge number of crosses in the box ( 40 versus Watford) and few finding their intended target , circa 10%. Boss Steven McClaren has spoken about a club in crisis this week and that his players lack belief, his team have won just three times in 2015 and the head coach just 3 in 21 overseeing a poor end of the season at Derby County and they are both short of confidence and why winning one of the previous two games was essential.

Chelsea could afford to field a B team and score four at Walsall in midweek and are starting to build a little momentum.

They are without Diego Costa today, but Chelsea are unbeaten in his absence ( 8-4-0) and really need to win this to continue their long climb up the table, by kick off, two or three of the other big 4 are likely to have posted wins and it will be virtually game over in terms of the title and before the end of September for the West london side, if they do not do likewise.

Chelsea -1 ball 2.19 asian line/Sportmarket.

Great post. 

I've had a gut feeling about this match all week for a Newcastle win, nothing really points to it but bear in mind that if you backed every Premier League team over 5.00, you would make a healthy profit, it's been documented before, especially home teams.