** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League games 5th September

Darran

AFC Fylde looks better away from home, I think odds 2.00 is nice and have a bettingvalue for about 110% . They haven't the best start i Conference North, but I believe that they will play better matches than until now. I also think Telford could win, maybe AH +0.25 odds 1.83 ?

Seven bets for me this weekend, but most are over 2/1 so trying to land some big numbers again. Altrincham v Cheltenham The away side are unbeaten in their first season back at this level, but they are probably a little fortunate to be. Wrexham were the better side for most of the live game on Monday, but let a goal lead slip and it took a wonder goal for Cheltenham to pick up the three points. Torquay were awful against them last weekend and they were very lucky to get three points against Barrow the game before. I fancy they will lose sooner rather than later and it could come on Saturday when they face an Alty team who look like they are going to be much stronger at home. Away from home they have scored just once and lost all four, but at home they have already beaten Grimsby and Tranmere. They have been shocking away from home as they proved yet again against Southport on Monday, but back at home I am hopeful they will perform much better. Bet365 go 11/5 on a home win and I am happy to take a punt on that. Boreham Wood v Grimsby No win in 4 now for the away side and Paul Hurst will be desperate for his team to pick up the three points here, but I don't think it is going to be straightforward at all. The home side may have only won two of their seven games, but they have been performing really well and crucially only losing by 1 goal when they have been defeated. They have been playing well in those defeats as well and are unfortunate not too have mote than seven points on the board. The pressure is certainly on Hurst and he will be worried that they are yet to pick up three points on their travels. The more cautious of you might want to have the draw onside as well, but at 16/5 (William Hill) I am taking a chance that Wood can pick up the three points here as they have proven they are capable of doing so. Bromley v Gateshead I have opposed Gateshead three times this season now and all three times they have won. I am hoping it will be fourth time lucky though as I still don't think they are as good as their results suggest. Yes it might seem odd that I am opposing a team who have won four of their last five with a team who haven't won since the opening day of the season, but I think there are solid reasons for doing so. Bromley should have had another win at Halifax but blew a 2-0 lead in injury time and they then picked up a point against Dover. Monday saw them lose 2-1 against Forest Green, but it was a good performance and they probably deserved at least a point. I wouldn't want to go too much shorter, but at 2/1 (William Hill) I am happy to take my chances on an home win. Rest to follow in a bit

Kidderminster v Braintree The home side have only one once in their last 22 games, but they have been knocking on the door in two of their last three games having got draws at Tranmere and Gateshead. They are surely going to pick up a win at some point and although they have money issues I don't think their team is all that bad. Braintree had won three on the bounce prior to losing to Aldershot on Monday, but they were three pretty kind games especially Welling and Southport so I don't think it was a true reflection of how good they actually are. I still think they will be in for a relegation battle come the end of the season and based on that I am happy to take the 7/4 on Kidderminster to win at home. Bradford Park Avenue v AFC Telford After tipping up the away side in Rob Smith's first game in charge last Saturday I was annoyed at myself for not backing them again on Monday when they did get that first win of the season against Brackley. Smith has signed some new players in the week including going back to his former club Hednesford and I expect them to carry on improving. They look a big price at Ladbrokes' 21/10 as Bradford have yet to win this season and have lost four of their last five games. I get the feeling that if this game took place later in the season we would see AFC as favourites and they look good value. Solihull Moors v Harrogate Town Two very much in form sides as Harrogate's only defeat came on the opening day of the season and Solihull are still unbeaten. Could this finally be the season where Harrogate's spending equates to them contending for promotion? Possibly and as much as I like Solihull and they were one of my ante-post bets, but the price on Harrogate is simply too high. They are 19/5 with Ladbrokes and I simply don't think there should be that much difference between the two. Solihull are the right favourites, but the away side make up for a value play. Ebbsfleet v Maidenhead Here we have another value away play in the shape of Maidenhead. The hot favourites for the National League South have not lost yet, but they have shown the odd bit of vulnerability in the last three games. Alan Devonshire has greatly improved Maidenhead and are showing their 80/1 quote for the title to look a little silly. Their only defeat was away at top of the table Bath and they have a much better chance of getting three points here than the bookies give them. Ladbrokes go 21/5 and that is a sporting play. So not one favourite among the bets and I would make AFC Telford the strongest of them although I wouldn't get too carried away again.

Worcester have signed Lee Hughes in the week so he should boost their front line, but they have been very disappointing so far this season. Was Bath's draw against Weston a blip or the start of the fall? Dartford not done a great deal though this season. Stamford won their last two although Blyth a much tougher test then either of those. Not a bet for me, but has a fair chance of winning.

Tips for me this weekend : Barrow v Eastleigh – National League Bet: Eastleigh to beat Barrow 2.05 Bet365 Hemel Hempstead Town v Basingstoke Town – National League South Bet: Basingstoke DNB 3.25 at Bet365 Curzon Ashton v Nuneaton – National League North Bet: Nuneaton to beat Curzon Ashton 1.9 at Bet365 Eastbourne Boro v Truro City – National League South Bet: Eastbourne Boro to beat Truro 1.83 at Bet365 Treble: Leamington to beat Dunstable – Southern League Blyth Spartans to beat Stamford – Northern Premier League Bognor Regis Town to beat Enfield Town – Isthmian League 4.66 at Bet365.

It is amazing that Poole and Kings Lynn are in the same division at Step 3 given how much of a trek it is. Poole should win but offer no value at such short odds away from home. Weymouth do have the edge over Histon although again the price is a bit skinny. Wingate have a very tough game and my feeling is they are over achieving at the moment.

Chester @ 21/10 to stop the FGR train is value in my eyes. Chester have a bad record in recent seasons against the league leaders but are a much more solid outfit this time around, despite a 5-2 thumping at Woking. There were excuses for that, having a man sent off very early and they have performed well at home so far. They drew 1-1 with Cheltenham a few weeks ago and were the better side for most of the 90 minutes. If they can keep things tight early on I can see them pinching this. The 9/1 with Paddy Power about a 1-0 score line also makes some appeal.

Tips for me this weekend : Barrow v Eastleigh – National League Bet: Eastleigh to beat Barrow 2.05 Bet365 red 1-0 -1 unit Hemel Hempstead Town v Basingstoke Town – National League South Bet: Basingstoke DNB 3.25 at Bet365 push 2-2 Curzon Ashton v Nuneaton – National League North Bet: Nuneaton to beat Curzon Ashton 1.9 at Bet365 red 1-0 -1 unit Eastbourne Boro v Truro City – National League South Bet: Eastbourne Boro to beat Truro 1.83 at Bet365 red 0-0 -1 unit Treble: Leamington to beat Dunstable – Southern League green 2-0 Blyth Spartans to beat Stamford – Northern Premier League green 4-3 Bognor Regis Town to beat Enfield Town – Isthmian League red 1-1 4.66 at Bet365.
-1 unit Weekend loss 4 units Very bad weekend for me , sorry guys if you follow me .....