** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2015

Back F.Lopez/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets for a 5/10 stake at 3.40 with Bet365 Back Marin Cilic to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga for a 6/10 stake at 2.30 with Bet365 A full house yesterday, but can't see much for today, so just two small punts for me. Cilic is a bad match-up for Tsonga, so I'm happy to take him at odds against despite form worries, while Djokovic didn't look all that great against Bautista-Agut, so chances are that he's going to drop a set against Lopez as well. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-cilic-plays-against-tsonga-djokovic-faces-lopez

1 PICK FOR US OPEN MATCH TOMORROW Anderson +4 games handicap TO DEFEAT Wawrinka @ 1.58 on pinnaclesports I don't understand why bookies have Wawrinka as a favorite. You can get Anderson @2.25 to win the match, when it is at least a 50/50 match for me. To be on the safe side, I take Anderson +4 games handicap. 1. Wawrinka’s weakest part of his game is a return of serve, and he will have trouble returning Anderson big serve. 2. That’s why, recent head-to-head record is 4:0 to Anderson. 3. Regardless of yesterday's match vs. Murray, Anderson is in a great form recently, much better than Wawrinka

ATP: Maric Cilic- Jo Wilfried Tsonga I love JWT who is always great fun to watch and he is my youngest daughter's favourite player by far, but I cannot really agree with him being such a short priced favourite today. The French star has never made it beyond the quarters in seven attempts at the US Open and he has underperformed time and time again in slams, at least in relation to his ability and come up short far too often against fellow top ranked players. Since making his one slam final back in 2008, he has failed to go beyond R4 14 times, made ten quarters, where he is 5-5 and is 0-5 in semis, that is not a "bad" record and many tennis players would snatch your hand off for it, but he should have done much better and a two week tournament is more often than not 4-5 days too long for him ! He is 35-68 through his career versus top 10 ranked players and just 50% against those ranked 6-10 which is his peer group, he has a 33% win rate against top 20 players here and at Wimbledon. Against taller players like Cilic, that record is far worse, he is 15-33 through his career versus taller top 20 ranked players, 7-27 versus the top ten and 2-11 in the last three years. Remember that last group doesn't include Djokovic,Federer or Rafa, so is again, very much his peer group. Cilic is defending champion in NY and has a lot of ranking points to defend, he lost the first few months of this season with a shoulder injury, but looks to be coming back to his best now and repeated his quarter final run at Wimbledon from last year and has since played at a similar level in build up events through the hard court season. It was at the quarter final stage last year when he beat Tomas Berdych that he stepped up a level and he must have a better than 42% chance of winning today, but don't tell my daughter ! Marin Cilic to beat Jo Wilfried Tsonga 2.36 Pinnacle Sports/ Sportmarket Pro.

Did a quick browse for this year, might've missed something. vs Cilic 3-6 6-7 (Monte Carlo) vs Berdych 5-7 2-6 (Madrid) vs Berdych 6-3 6-2 6-7 6-3, vs Nishikori 6-1 6-4 4-6 3-6 6-3, vs Wawrinka 3-6 7-6 6-7 4-6 (French) vs Murray 5-7 6-7 2-6 (Davis Cup) vs Murray 4-6 4-6 (Montreal) so no wins (edit: not even a set) apart from the French Open on his home soil.

Back Kevin Anderson to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 8/10 stake at 2.25 with Paddy Power Back Roger Federer (-7.5) to beat Richard Gasquet for a 8/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power Anderson has won the last four meetings with Wawrinka and he's looked better than him so far in this event so far, so he looks a bet at odds against on Wednesday. With Federer, it's going to be a question of by how many games he is going to win - and I think that the margin is going to be huge more often than not. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-ope...-swiss-legend-

ATP: Stanislas Wawrinka- Kevin Anderson We spoke a lot at Roland Garros about how focused Stanislas Wawrinka had been all season about winning the French Open and how he had targeted that above everything else and had even been able to put aside off court issues which have been well documented and have continued, to take the one title he wanted above all others. He has not played a huge amount of tennis since , just four events, seven for his opponent and it must be hard for Wawrinka to not feel that targets for the year have been achieved and in truth, given all the other issues he has had to deal with, he could probably do with a break. Anyway, regardless of that, he will have to be at his best to win today. Kevin Anderson leads the h2h 4-3, but has all the h2h momentum having won the last four meetings, three of which have been played in the last 12 months, including post RG at Queen's and he also took a set in the two losses before that, so continual improvement in those last six match ups. The last five meetings have produced seven tie breaks, with two other sets going to 12 games and with the South African serving as well as anyone with 25 aces versus Andy Murray in R4 and not being broken in R2 or 3, small margins and tie breaks are likely to again decide this and those are Anderson's forte. He came into this tournament on the back of a confidence boosting win in a lower level event and has got winning momentum with nine staright victories and I favour him to reach double digits this evening. Wawrinka is a late developer and took a long while to come from out of the very long shadow cast by countryman Roger Federer, but he has a losing record lifetime versus top 20 players on all surfaces and just a 37% win record against top 20 taller players and I will take that trend to continue and Anderson, who is applying for dual US- South African citizenship to post another "upset" win in his "new" nation. Kevin Anderson to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 2.375 + , there is 2.42 with Pinnacle/Sportmarket Pro and 2.46 for low liquidity ( currently) on Betfair.

US Open Day ten preview Victoria Azarenka vs Simona Halep over 21.5 games 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power Azarenka to win 2-1 11/4 paddy power This has the potential to be one of the great matche of the tournament but you always have to worry about Azarenkas opponent as she can play badly in these big matches when most people thinks she can win this title so i expect Azarrenka to win this and hopefully it will be close only if her opponent plays like we know she can play Stanislas Wawrinka vs Kevin Anderson over 42.5 games 8/11 paddy power Wawrinka to 3-1 11/4 paddy power I think Wawrinka was expecting Muuray in the quarters but now he facing a different player so is he thinking that this will an easier match Well he cant think that as his opponent is a dangerous player I think these two are evenly matched and his opponent has won the last four meetings so he is capable of beating Wawrinka I just think Wawrinka will have too much for his opponent and also he has the experience of winning these big matches Richard Gasquet vs Roger Federer over 31.5 games 8/11 paddy power over 3.5 sets 5/4 paddy power Federer to win 3-1 14/5 paddy power When you look at this match you think that Federer is going to win easily but i have a feeling that his opponent will make it a decent match as i have seen signs of him in this tournament that he is playing great tennis as the way he beat Berdych was impressive and i know this is a big step in class but i think he can hold his own against one of the greatest players in history Special bets : Name the Finalists Marin Cliic vs Stanislas Wawrinka 18/1 paddy power Victoria Azarenka vs Serena Williams 7/2 paddy power This is a great bet as thee two are Grand slam champions who loves this tournament and both them can win this I know it will difficult for both of them to win their semi finals but there are two players who have improved so much from last year they are capable of beating anyone even two of the greatest players all time The other finalists I think will be Azarenka to meet Serena as they are two best players left in the tournament

Back Roberta Vinci (+6.5) to beat Serena Williams for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Bet365 Back Flavia Pennetta (+4.5) to beat Simona Halep for a 8/10 stake at 1.92 with Unibet Fancy the underdogs today, although for different reasons. Williams hasn't been at her best so far and the pressure is only piling on now that she's just two wins away from the historic milestone, so I can see her being a bit average today once again - and Vinci has covered this handicap line against her before as well. Pennetta, on the other hand, is certainly good enough on her own to beat Halep, and I think that she's going to make it tight at the very least, especially if Halep is a bit limited by her ongoing health issue and/or her long match from yesterday. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-women-s-semis-the-order-of-the-day-on-thursday

US Open Day eleven preview Womens Semi final matches : Serena Williams vs Roberta Vinci Serena to win 8.5 game handicap 5/2 paddy power Over 17.5 games 4/5 paddy power Serena to serve over 8.5 aces 11/10 paddy power This will be the match that will decide if she is on course to win the Calender Grand slam I expect her to win and win easily against the veteran playing her first grand slam semi final and yes i know Serena is a veteran as well but she has been there and done and that wont change as it should a very easy win for best player in the world Flavia Pennetta vs Simona Halep Over 20.5 games evens paddy power This match will be tougher to decide on who win this match as people are saying Halep is favourite but i have seen enough of her opponent that it wont easy and is capable of beating her so expect the first set to be a tight affair as it is a semi final Mens Semi final matches : Novak Djokovic vs Marin Cilic Over 34.5 games 8/11 paddy power Djokovic to win 3-1 5/2 paddy power Djokovic to win and both players to a set 7/4 paddy power I think the first set will be so important to decide this match as i think it will probably go to a tie break with Cilic serve being too good for his opponent so a few tie breaks in the match maybe the way to go here but i think Cilic will come up short in this one as his ankle might not last five sets Stanislas Wawrinka vs Roger Federer Over 38.5 games 4/5 paddy power Federer to win 3-1 5/2 paddy power Federer to lose the first set and win the match 3/1 paddy power This will probably the match of the tournament because usually these two always produce some great tennis Wawrinka will be up for this match as he is so close another Grand slam final and after winning the French by beating his opponent along the way he will be confident on beating him again but his opponent is playing great tennis at ther moment so i have feeling this going to be tight so i think four sets or maybe five for me here

Back M.Cilic/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets for a 8/10 stake at 2.10 with Paddy Power Back Roger Federer (-4.5) to beat Stanislas Wawrinka for a 8/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power Djokovic is yet to hit his best in this event and he dropped a set against both Bautista-Agut and Lopez, so chances are that he's going to drop another one against the defending champion as well. Federer is coming into the semis in a contrasting style, having breezed through all of his matches so far, and I expect another quick win for him despite Wawrinka being a tough opponent on paper. Federer has won four in a row against him, after all, and he's in a better form now than he was in those matches. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-four-singles-on-the-cards-on-friday

I expect easy wins for both Serena and Halep. Dreams are over for the Italians WAW for me as the bet of the US open Seems that bookies and bettors do not learn from their lessons. They did not learn nothing of what WAW represents, They forgot so easily what happened in Roland Garros. I dont speak about Wimbledon coz WAW hates grass and i posted that very early before wimbledon WAW works systematically to reach his top game during grand slams This story started 2 years ago when he first time lifted a grand slam trophy in Australia Federer is 34 yo. In no circumstances is the same fed as was in the past. He continues to smash average or big players with his tennis personality. But he lacks the energy in my opinion to face a giant player as WAW is in my eyes WAW @3.50 offered by BET365 with love

Back Flavia Pennetta (-3.5) to beat Roberta Vinci for a 8/10 stake at 1.75 with Unibet Vinci got the bigger result on Friday, but that's about it I have to say. Pennetta leads the H2H record, has been the better player of the two so far in this tournament, and there's also the chance that Vinci will mentally self-destruct after such an epic result, so I'm definitely going with Pennetta on Saturday. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-veni-vidi-vinci-

Back Flavia Pennetta (-3.5) to beat Roberta Vinci for a 8/10 stake at 1.75 with Unibet Vinci got the bigger result on Friday, but that's about it I have to say. Pennetta leads the H2H record, has been the better player of the two so far in this tournament, and there's also the chance that Vinci will mentally self-destruct after such an epic result, so I'm definitely going with Pennetta on Saturday. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting-veni-vidi-vinci-
I do fancy Pennetta to win this one and also Vinci must emotionally exhausted after that win over Serena

Mens Doubles Final : Jamie Murray and John Peers vs Pierre Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut Over 24.5 games 4/5 paddy power Over 2.5 sets 5/4 paddy power This is going to so close as i cant really pick the winner These two doubles teams are going for their first Grand slam title and they are going to be nervous so maybe a few breaks of serve and im sure the first set will be tight and they will desperate to win it and they only play three sets in the match and im also thinking it will go to three sets as these teams have played a lot of final set matches

US Open preview Womens Singles Final : Flavia Pennetta vs Roberta Vinci Pennetta to win the first set and win the match 8/11 paddy power Pennetta to win the match and serve Most Aces 4/5 sky bet I have a feeling that Pennetta will win this as she will more fresh mentally and physically and i think she is the better while her opponent wont be as fresh and i think the match with Serena will have taken a lot out of her