** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Preview: Can Juventus Win Their 5th Consecutive Title?

The Serie A kicks off this coming Saturday and Juventus have been installed as the pre-season favourites with bookmakers. However, can they win a fifth league title in a row or will their title rivals have something to say about it? THE BETS Juventus to win outright @ 4/6 with bet365 Sampdoria to finish top 6 @ 11/1 with Unibet Full Preview: https://www.punterslounge.com/serie-...title-in-a-row

Because Roma, Milan og Inter are looking stong and hungry.
Looking strong and hungry can't guarantee you a challenger position. Fact is, only Milan look much better than they were last season. The spine is strengthened vastly with Bacca, Bertolacci and Romagnoli. Their coach is also top notch. They should be the closest rival to Juve this season. Roma did sign some very good players but most importantly their coach look now out of depth in Serie A. Roma's consistency is a big big problem that I can't see them solve any time soon. They remain a strong challenger but I fail to see how they can push Juve out of the top seat. Sadly the same cannot be said about Inter. They have a much inferior squad. Despite having signed Jovetic, Kondogbia and Miranda, their spine is still too weak to challenge for the Scudetto. They look pathetic at the back. Their coach Mancini is also washed up and hardly one to emerge victorious in tactical battles. I'm not convinced by their project one bit, Inter will finish out of the top 4. Napoli welcome a new coach, a freshly unproven one at this level and he's a big question mark. The squad remains largely the same as one last season, the midfield hasn't been been strengthened much and that's where they will fall short again this season. They will struggle to get into top 4 this season. Lazio is an interesting young team with an experienced coach but their squad depth is not great. They are a strong contender for top 3 finish but that's it. Fio get a great coach in Sousa and their squad certainly benefits from signings like Mario Suarez and Kalinic but the improvement is not much. Their squad is solid but thin and firepower up front isn't great. Rossi is the key to this problem but only when he's fit, which is a big ask. All in all, I see Juventus head and shoulder above the rest. There's no contest here, the Scudetto is theirs to lose. Their strongest enemy is themselves. If they hit the ground running and stay focused and it's game over for the rest. Their squad depth provides good competition and it helps them make sure motivation is kept high at all time. Their top priority this season is a record equaling 5th Scudetto and I expect them to go all out for it. No distract whatsoever. If they really want to go for it, they will get it regardless of the others' efforts. Sad but true.

Chelsea, Arsenal and City are all above the top Serie A teams.
I beg your pardon. I'm happy to bet on Juve if they face any of those teams in a CL tie. They beat Chelsea hands down a couple of years ago when Conte was in charge. They are ven much much stronger now and you still think those shit English teams have the upper hand? Wake up mate. Of those 3, only Chelsea can compete with Juve in CL but Juve definitely can't be underdog under any circumstance. I don't rate ManCity that highly, they lack CL credentials. The same goes for Arsenal.

You aren't making much of an argument mate. The Champions League is the creme de la creme and yes if Juventus get to a champions league final last year, it means they have a better side than any English team. How many English teams got past the Last 16 of the Champions League last year? Not one!
I could understand your argument if Juve and the three played in the same league. Then a comparison would be valid. The Champions League is much different any and often determinde by lucky draws and/or good teams going on a run. A finalist is per definition not better than everyone else. Juve is a good team. No doubt.

Well why are you comparing English teams with Italian teams then if a comparison can't be valid? Juventus beat the at the time current Champions League holders last season (Real Madrid) on their way to the final. There is no doubt in my mind that they are ahead of any team in England right now. English football is over-hyped, it is the most exciting league in the world but the reality is the teams in Spain are of much better quality, Bayern are of much better quality and Juventus are of much better quality. Results are there to prove this too.
I beg to differ.

Bottom line is Juve were miles away from any other Italian side last season. Napoli and Roma raised the bar for the odd game but couldn't do it for any extended period of time. Roma have improved their squad this season but haven't got the quality Juve have and Garcia is hopeless, Milan should be better than last year (not hard) but will probably take time to gel after changing most of the side. We wait to see how much the loss of world-class players like Tevez and Vidal affects Juve but they are still the side to beat..