** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non League matches August 15th

Darran

Six bets for me this weekend and hoping to land some big prices. Braintree v Tranmere Tranmere have hit the ground running which has surprised me slightly and after nicking a 1-0 victory against Woking last weekend they put 4 past Gateshead on Tuesday night. I am a little surprised to see them at odds against here given Braintree's not unexpected poor start to the season. I predicted they were going to be in for a hard season and after losing their first two games nothing has suggested to me otherwise. If Tranmere carry on in the form they have shown so far I would be hopeful they can carry on their 100% record. BetVictor go 11/10 for an away win. Gateshead v Boreham Wood I am sticking with one of the winning bets from last Saturday and going with Boreham Wood. Gateshead beat another of my bets last week in Aldershot, but the reports suggested they were rather lucky to do so. As mentioned above Tranmere had no issues putting four past them on Tuesday and although Wood aren't as good as Tranmere they have proven they will hold their own in this division. A good win against Halifax was followed by only going down to a last minute goal against Eastleigh. On those efforts they have a good chance of winning this and Bet 365s 18/5 is way too high. Alfreton v Brackley Alfreton have not had a great time so far since relegation. Granted they did get a point on the opening day, but they went down to nine-men and then they lost at home to Lowestoft on Tuesday. That was disappointing given Lowestoft are always at a disadvantage when they travel away from home as was proven by their shocking away form last season. Brackley have won one and lost one so far beating Harrogate 1-0 and then losing 1-0 to another relegated side in Nuneaton. Brackley have spent a bit of money again ahead of this season and should go a fair bit better than last term. On form so far they have a decent chance of getting maximum points and are over priced at 11/4 (Bet 365). Corby v Chorley The one home team I fancy this week are Corby. Gary Flitcroft leaving as Chorley manager looked like it would be a bad thing for them and so it has proved so far having lost both games including losing 4-0 to North Ferriby on Tuesday. They also conceded 3 against Nuneaton last Saturday so clearly the defence is a big issue for them. Corby have scored 5 in their two games so far so you would fancy them to get on the score sheet on Saturday. They were quite impressive against Gloucester on Wednesday and that should give them plenty of confidence going into this game. I think the home side look the best bet of the weekend at Boylesports' 11/10. FCUM v Tamworth It hasn't been a great start to live in National League North for FCUM having lost both their first two games and the feeling that their manager has taken them as far as he can still remains. They have another tough game on Saturday as they host a Tamworth side who have won their first two matches. They should be in and around the play-offs this season and I think they can continue the winning way on Saturday and the 6/4 Betway are offering is a fair price. Havant & Waterlooville v Margate The two teams I have tipped up for the league so ante-post wise I won't mind too much what the result is, but the prices on offer for this game based on the two games both have played this season are crazy. How on earth Havant can possibly be odds on is beyond. Granted it is worrying for my ante-post bet on them, but in the context of this game they have to be opposed. They have been woeful in both games against Bishops Stortford and Sutton and their fans on their forum are very worried about how they are performing at the moment and the managers tactics. Given Stortford lost 4-1 on Tuesday and Sutton were easily beaten by Maidstone on the opening day, neither defeat exactly bodes well. Margate are yet to win either, but have drawn twice and the 2-2 effort at Whitehawk on Tuesday was a good effort. If this game goes to form then there is only going to be one winner and at BetVictor's 11/4 Margate are a massive price. Tranmere 2pts Boreham Wood 1pt Brackley 1pt Corby 3pts Tamworth 2pts Margate 2.5pts

My top 5 picks below this weekend are below. Like Addpea I had picked Corby and Tranmere out a couple of days back as looking promising. I will attach some caution to these picks though as it is early in the season and the form is still hard to read as well as all the games except Corby being away games. Also I apologise if some of the odds have changed now as I wrote this on Friday morning to send to a couple of friends and meant to post it yesterday. Weston Super Mare vs Hemel Hempsted: Hemel Hempsted win Hemel Hempsted away to a depleted Weston Super Mare who are apparently without their experienced central defender Tom Jordan. Weston have have shipped 8 goals in their last two games including 4 at home to Gosport on Tuesday. The Tudors have recruited well this summer and should be top 10 in the league this year, they have won their opening two games and although this in an away match I think 1/1 with Bet 365 is a solid bet. Corby Town My next one is Corby Town who are 21/20 with Bet Victor to beat Chorley this weekend at home. Corby have recruited well and should be top 10 this year. They have started well scoring 5 goals in two games including a 3-1 win over a solid Gloucester side on Tuesday. The loan signing from MK Dons of Kabongo Tshimanga who is highly rated and scored something like 45 goals in 25 games at youth level. He apparently was excellent against Gloucester and scored. Chorley who did so well last season have lost the first two games conceding 7 goals including a 4-0 defeat against North Ferriby on Tuesday. Todays signing of Andrew Bond for them who goes straight into the team for tomorrows game concerns me slightly who is an experienced and solid league player and should give them some steel but I fancy this to go with the form and Corby win. St.Albans vs Ebbsfleet: Ebbsfleet to win Ebbsfleet are a well drilled side full of ex league players and have a good balance now with the lazier players booted out. I can't see anyone else winning the league this season. Ebbsfleet won 2-0 away to Maidstone on Tuesday which is a great result on the 3G pitch and the strikeforce of Cunnington and Kedwell are a league pairing. Not a great deal wrong with St. Albans and the match is away but I think 10/11 is fair and Ebbsfleet should have too much. Braintree vs Tranmere: Tranmere to win This is a bit risky but I went with it a 21/20, Tranmere have started well and beating Gateshead away 4-1 was no mean feat on Tuesday. Braintree will do well to stay in the division. The young manager they have recruited (Danny Cowley) from Concord Rangers is highly rated and I don't think this game will be a pushover but I fancy Tranmere have a few more goals in the side and should grind out a win. The only limiting factor again comes in the fact that it is an away game. Staines vs Leatherhead: Leatherhead to win This is really a bit of a fun bet and I am betting against Staines rather than for Leatherhead who are have won the first two games of the season 3-0 home and away and finished a respectable 10th last season. Staines have Nicky Forster who I don't really rate as a manager and he has made a host of signings who still have to gel. They lost 1-0 at home to an average Bognor Regis side on Tuesday and it looks like two very important players in Darren Purse and Tommy Brewer will be missing for this fixture. This is a punt but I could not ignore the odds at 2-1 for Leatherhead. My other smallers odds picks are: Grimsby 1/2 (Should have too much in a long away trip for Bromley) Flyde 4/9 (Signed Jason St Juste and at home against Gainsborough cant ignore) Chippenham 4/7 (Have made some good signings and playing a poor Bedworth side at home) Woking 17/20 (Look good value against a poor Altrincham side who are visitors, Woking's lack of a striker is a problem but they are an imposing side with a goalscoring midfield and beat a good Bromley side on Tuesday)

Ok you got none correct from six, which is not great but August is a tricky month. For the last 3 August BH fixtures i have experienced similar days, things have not settled down yet and we are backing a little blind still. In this situation the BTTS market is a good way to go i think. Just a shame statto.com is down because it was a brilliant tool. BTW Garry Flitcroft left Chorley for two reasons. To concentrate on his new building business and to enjoy the pleasure of watching his young son play at Man City

Addpea,don''t worry,Bro.It happened at times we don't get it right.For all of us here,you always provided the best information in the non league section.We appreciate every week your bets coz you are one of the best in non league.Keep up the good work.Cheers

any reaon not to back ebbsfleet on the goals market against wsm on Tuesday? Weston have shipped 12 in three games and face the daunting trip to the league leaders will be having a look on the Ladbrokes machine on the price at maybe three or four ebbsfleet goals Ashley sammons has been a brilliant signing for corby from Redditch with five goals in three games from midfield and I reckon corby are value at 2-1 tomorrow evening at a hednesford side in transition after losing a lot of their better players Dorchester 4-5 at home to a poor frome side could well be my big bet on Tuesday, frome look like they are going to struggle again this season any thoughts on suttons chances at truro tonight? hell of a trip but Sutton look the better team quality wise? not sure whether to back Redditch against Hungerford tonight, playing well but cant score so probably wont tbh inrunning so one to keep an eye on maybe another one that I thought about but haven't touched yet is Nantwich away at Stourbridge tonight Stourbridge lost heavily on Saturday and have gone stale under gary Hackett the last year or so but don't know whether Nantwich can be trusted despite a good win saturday any thoughts on the above games much appreciated lads!

I am surprised to see there's still no word on Ebsfleet for today.They''ll host Weston,who after just 3 rounds, look like they'll be fighting against relegation.They've conceded 12 goals in their 3 games so far,losing all of them are going to face Ebsfleet,a team who have won all of their games so far and are yet to concede a goal.The odds have surprisingly moved up and the -1.5AH looks far more attractive now with bet365 offering odds of 2.00.Based on what addpea has stated on 15.08 about both Ebsfleet and Weston i think that' looks a solid bet.