** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Playoffs - First legs, 18/19 August

18 Aug/19 Aug [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] Tuesday 18 August 2015 Home Draw Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Celtic v Malmö FF (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.29 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Astana v APOEL (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.19 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Basel v Maccabi Tel Aviv (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.67[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC BATE Borisov v FK Partizan (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]KS Skënderbeu Korçë v Dinamo Zagreb (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lazio v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester United v Club Brugge (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]6.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SK Rapid Wien v Shakhtar Donetsk (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sporting CP v CSKA Moscow (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Valencia v AS Monaco (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.86[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]4.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Comparing elo ratings for both sides in each game, and taking account of home advantage, I see possible value backing APOEL, BATE and CSKA in the Tuesday 18th games at current odds. FC Astana v APOEL APOEL +0.5 1.75 Bet365 BATE v Partizan BATE DNB 1.7 Betway Sporting v CSKA Moscow CSKA +0.5 1.87 188Bet Stake: 3 points on each Total stake: 9 points

• 2 weeks later...

Lazio v Bayer Leverkusen Lazio (last term): Marchetti (30/0 first goalkeeper), Djordjevic (24/8 f), Braafheid (16/0 d), Radu (24/0 d, suspended) Bayer Leverkusen: Jedvaj (0/0 d), Toprak (0/0 d), Lars Bender (1/0 m, doubtful) Manchester United v Club Brugge Manchester United: Phil Jones (0/0 d) Club Brugge: Meunier (0/0 d), Denswil (3/0 d), Engels (0/0 d), Refaelov (1/0 m), Coopman (0/0 m), Gedoz (0/0 m), Ibini-Isei (0/0 f), Izquierdo (0/0 f) Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

celtic v malmo 3rd and final tie for celtic to try get into the group stages. malmo sit 5th in their league but only 4 points off the leaders and they go into this on a good run of results but from what ive a few games have not been convincing, malmo have former celtic " flop " jo inger berget in their squad and ive seen a lot of times former players who haven't made it at a club come back and haunt them , trying to prove what they missed out on, but he had his chance here and was very poor, they do have some good players though who can cause us trouble like marc Rosenberg up front, they do leak goals though and I can see us score 2 if we start with Griffiths. Griffiths is our best option IMO he is scoring regularly and ciftci hasn't when he has had the chance, I hope delia doesn't drop Griffiths again for him , new signing scott allan will probably be on the bench , we also had a bit of a blunder at the weekend when boyata twice gave inverness a gift of 2 goals when we were 4-0 up , if this happens on Wednesday we will be punished again , hopefully that's his errors out the way and it happened in a game we won easily. celtic have kept 3 cleans sheets from 4 of our qualifiers so far this season scoring 7 and conceding once. in our last 11 qualfiers at home we have won 10 , conceding 3 and 8 clean sheets, although these are in the past it shows how hard it is to beat celtic at home , especially in the qualifiers/playoffs. I fancy Griffiths to score and a home win @ 21/10 ladies so that will be my bet. I was surprised to see us as short as 4/6 @ ladies as malmo are a good team who beat Salzburg last time out. few others worth noting. celtic win to nil is 7/4 @ PP celtic under 4.5 5/6 @ SJ confident of a 1-0 win but we cannot afford any blips at the back, maybe mulgrew could replace boyata, as could ambrose but he is also guilty of lapses in concentration.

Manchester United - Brugge Felipe Gedoz, Lior Refaelov, Thomas Meunier, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Bjorn Engels and Nicolas Castillo are all on the sidelines for the visitors, while three or four more are due for late fitness tests. Their overall record in England is poor, losing on nine of their 11 trips and failing to win in the process. Belgian teams have won just one of their last 31 away games against English sides in Europe. It's important to view the good form and position of Brugge here in context. Most of the good results they've got lately have come at home and it's obvious that they struggle on the road - even against lesser Belgian sides. A perfect example is the second qualifying round against Greek side Panathinaikos beating them 4-1 on aggregate to setup this tie. The first leg was in Greece and despite going a goal up and the Greeks having a player sent off, they still ended up losing 2-1 and had to win 3-0 at home to advance. I watched extended highlights of that first leg and there looked to be quite a few young players in that team and nothing that should really worry United. Manchester know full well that their results have been better than their performances thus far and will be keen to win this by as many as possible and avoid an ambush in Belgium. This is a perfect chance for Rooney to wake up and get in the goal scoring rhythm again and lead this side comfortably into the group stages. Manchester -1.5 AH 1.95 @ Bet365

Manchester United - Brugge Felipe Gedoz, Lior Refaelov, Thomas Meunier, Bernie Ibini-Isei, Bjorn Engels and Nicolas Castillo are all on the sidelines for the visitors, while three or four more are due for late fitness tests. Their overall record in England is poor, losing on nine of their 11 trips and failing to win in the process. Belgian teams have won just one of their last 31 away games against English sides in Europe. It's important to view the good form and position of Brugge here in context. Most of the good results they've got lately have come at home and it's obvious that they struggle on the road - even against lesser Belgian sides. A perfect example is the second qualifying round against Greek side Panathinaikos beating them 4-1 on aggregate to setup this tie. The first leg was in Greece and despite going a goal up and the Greeks having a player sent off, they still ended up losing 2-1 and had to win 3-0 at home to advance. I watched extended highlights of that first leg and there looked to be quite a few young players in that team and nothing that should really worry United. Manchester know full well that their results have been better than their performances thus far and will be keen to win this by as many as possible and avoid an ambush in Belgium. This is a perfect chance for Rooney to wake up and get in the goal scoring rhythm again and lead this side comfortably into the group stages. Manchester -1.5 AH 1.95 @ Bet365 I am with you on this one and i think it's time for UTD to score more than once today with 2 goals being enough for them to cover this handicap because it's hard to see Brugge netting tonight given how solid at the back UTD have been looking it ehri previous fixtures in PL but their attack is what's bothering me.They really should be getting better and better because with that impotent attacking i cannot see them getting through the group stages.-1.5 AH @ 1.95 with bet365.

Another one i fancy tonight is Partizan not to lose in Belarus.Bate have been playing pretty tight at the back and that's what brings them success but Videoton and Dundalk are far from what Partizan have.They posses a great attacking power and although the results in their away games have not been that impressive i expect a decent performance today and maybe a high scoring game.Their were not many high scoring games when Bate are involved but their opponents so far have been playing similar football to theirs and nobody wanted to open up the game.Both Dundalk and Videon have been trying not to lose rather than to win but the game tonight will be different.Partizan are always on the front foot because defending is not what they do best.They keep the ball away from their own yard and Bate hitting on counter-attack is something we will see tonight.Partizan reached to an entertaing victory at home last round against Steaua(4:2) after losing at HT(1:2) but did a turnover and won the game eventually.As i said,Bate are reliable at the back but they have not been really tested this year and Partizan might prove a bit stronger for them and whilst i am not willing to write off them just yet i will be taking the following bets:BTTS-Yes @ generous 2.20 medium stakes and Partizan not to lose @ 1.70 medium stakes both with bet365.GL!

Reports from Belgium suggest there are 7 players out and apparently 5 of them are important players. If United don't show improvement in attack we can always lay the -1.5 after they go a goal up at lower odds if we suspect the sluggish attack to continue and lock in a profit. Just depends how this one pans out, but personally I would expect the atmosphere and the return to the competition after a year absence blah blah blah all to result in a fast start for Man Utd where they fly at their opposition early.

Been off betting for a while due to restrictions that are being made here in Portugal regarding betting (licensing processes are currently undergoing here), but would like to express my point of view regarding my team's Sporting Portugal match against CSKA Moscow. Sporting Portugal has a big addition for this season: Jorge Jesus. Yes, that manager. After 6 years in big rivals SL Benfica, where he won 3 championships, 4 league cups, 1 Portugal Cup, 1 Supercup and 2 EL finals, a shock move during the pre-season from Sporting Portugal happened. Sporting got some players during the pre-season that will definitely be important players during the season, such as Aquilani, João Pereira and Bryan Ruiz. Other players such as Teofilo Gutierrez and Naldo will also play a role during this season. The objective is to be champion after 14 years of second and third places (and sometimes, even below!) Sporting already won the Supercup against SL Benfica (1-0), where they did a very dominant exhibition against big rivals. We had a few troubles in winning against CD Tondela's (2-1) defensive approach, but their goal was irregular and we just missed too much on the first half (we could have been winning 3-0 by the end of it, honestly). Saw CSKA against Spartak Moscow and they looked very dangerous on the counter. Musa and Doumbia are fast-paced and will definitely cause havoc should Sporting defense be unfocused for a while. Their defensive line is very experienced but seemed to lack pace, and Mário Fernandes leaves a lot of space behind when going up, and Sporting will definitely exploit that. I'm really surprised at the Overs here. 2.2 is just too much for two teams that care a lot about attack. Sure, CSKA has only conceded once in the Russian League but have conceded 4 goals against Sparta Prague, an average teams in CL standards and scored 5. Moreover, I rate Sporting Portugal highly defensively, Jorge Jesus really knows how to organize his teams defensively but it is a high-risk offside trap approach. I can see Musa and Doumbia having 1/2 chances of avoiding the offside trap and maybe scoring. We could definifely see overs here but I'm concerned that a 2-0 or 1-1 is very possible as well. But, if there is one team to score twice here, it is Sporting Portugal. While lacking finishing at certain times during a match, we are looking very impressive on attack and I expect them to hit the gas right at the start (João Mário, Sporting player at the press conference, hinted on that) and to score once or twice against a CSKA that does not look like the team of playing defensively ir order to give a big mental advantage. Even though if that does not happen, I expect Sporting to definitely score at least once during the match, and maybe twice... Therefore, Over 1.5 Sporting Portugal Team Goals @ 2.25 (William Hill) is a great odd and I would definitely give it a go if I could.

Reports from Belgium suggest there are 7 players out and apparently 5 of them are important players. If United don't show improvement in attack we can always lay the -1.5 after they go a goal up at lower odds if we suspect the sluggish attack to continue and lock in a profit. Just depends how this one pans out, but personally I would expect the atmosphere and the return to the competition after a year absence blah blah blah all to result in a fast start for Man Utd where they fly at their opposition early.
These players are already missing for weeks, no new injuries since 3 weeks. Anyway, this is an unforgettable game for Bruges and as we know, they will put all their focus on the Belgian League this year. Already said by staff/manager etc... I don't expect damage control for Bruges, they will play like they have nothing to lose. Big quality gap & spaces in de defence have to make this over 2,5 teamgoals for Man U which is still interesting with returning more as 2.20.

Comparing elo ratings for both sides in each game, and taking account of home advantage, I see possible value backing APOEL, BATE and CSKA in the Tuesday 18th games at current odds. FC Astana v APOEL APOEL +0.5 1.75 Bet365 BATE v Partizan BATE DNB 1.7 Betway Sporting v CSKA Moscow CSKA +0.5 1.87 188Bet Stake: 3 points on each Total stake: 9 points
Results: 1-0 1-0 2-1 lost won, returns 5.1 lost Total stake: 9 points Total return: 5.1 points

Celtic FC v Malmö FF Celtic FC: - Malmö FF: Markus Rosenborg (19/7 f, top scorer), Enoch Kofi Adu (18/1 m) (both suspended), Zlatan Azinovic (3/0 g) Rapid Wien v Shakhtar Donetsk Rapid Wien: Stefan Schwab (5/2 m, suspended), Thomas Schrammel (1/0 d), Tomi (0/0 f), Andreas Kuen (0/0 m), Stefan Stangl (5/1 d) Shakhtar Donetsk: Ivan Ordets (5/0 d), Wellington Nem (0/0 f) Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

celtic v malmo 3rd and final tie for celtic to try get into the group stages. malmo sit 5th in their league but only 4 points off the leaders and they go into this on a good run of results but from what ive a few games have not been convincing, malmo have former celtic " flop " jo inger berget in their squad and ive seen a lot of times former players who haven't made it at a club come back and haunt them , trying to prove what they missed out on, but he had his chance here and was very poor, they do have some good players though who can cause us trouble like marc Rosenberg up front, they do leak goals though and I can see us score 2 if we start with Griffiths. Griffiths is our best option IMO he is scoring regularly and ciftci hasn't when he has had the chance, I hope delia doesn't drop Griffiths again for him , new signing scott allan will probably be on the bench , we also had a bit of a blunder at the weekend when boyata twice gave inverness a gift of 2 goals when we were 4-0 up , if this happens on Wednesday we will be punished again , hopefully that's his errors out the way and it happened in a game we won easily. celtic have kept 3 cleans sheets from 4 of our qualifiers so far this season scoring 7 and conceding once. in our last 11 qualfiers at home we have won 10 , conceding 3 and 8 clean sheets, although these are in the past it shows how hard it is to beat celtic at home , especially in the qualifiers/playoffs. I fancy Griffiths to score and a home win @ 21/10 ladies so that will be my bet. I was surprised to see us as short as 4/6 @ ladies as malmo are a good team who beat Salzburg last time out. few others worth noting. celtic win to nil is 7/4 @ PP celtic under 4.5 5/6 @ SJ confident of a 1-0 win but we cannot afford any blips at the back, maybe mulgrew could replace boyata, as could ambrose but he is also guilty of lapses in concentration.
well got the bet up but a bit dissapointed conceding a very poor goal with the last kick of the ball, very poor goal to lose after dominating the match , they scored a cracker so hats off to them for that but the other was very poor from our view, and that thing i said about ex players coming back proved right sadly!! the guy is terrible and was tonight apart from popping out of nowhere for 2 goals. still think we will do it though.