** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Waggys Final Curtain

waggy

Results: Levante 2-2, WON £50   ~   Leicester 4-0, WON £80   ~   Total won £130

Bank now £472.42

£20 Patrick Reed to win Valero Texas Open Golf (In play 10 under after 5 holes, Final Round) @5/2

13 minutes ago, JdsGooner90 said:

All relying on Allen comeback by looks of things :hope 

..... which isn't going to happen.

And that, as they say, was that.

I'm not sure what we've learned from this thread really. I can't tell without trekking through months worth of posts if Waggy had the potential to make money but self-destructed through poor bankroll management and obsessions with certain types of bets which weren't profitable in this thread or whether the thread just shows that the bookies will always prevail in the long run due to the profit margins they build into the odds they offer.

The early months of this thread seemed to suggest profit was possible but maybe that was just a lucky run. What do the rest of you think? Inevitable win for the bookies or a win caused by self-destruction? 

I think the bookies always win in long run but my problem is bank roll control I always up the stakes when I start winning then come a cropper the only thing that let waggy down regular to me was the big bets on horses at dodgy meetings like the one last week at hexham other than that he did ok on the footy cricket etc .

3 minutes ago, LEE-GRAYS said:

I think the bookies always win in long run but my problem is bank roll control I always up the stakes when I start winning then come a cropper the only thing that let waggy down regular to me was the big bets on horses at dodgy meetings like the one last week at hexham other than that he did ok on the footy cricket etc .

Yeah horses and I think the 'over 1.5 goals' market that Waggy was also obsessed with. I can't believe a market like that would be profitable in the long run but it would be interesting to know how much was won/lost from that market in this thread.

2 hours ago, potus said:

..... which isn't going to happen.

And that, as they say, was that.

I'm not sure what we've learned from this thread really. I can't tell without trekking through months worth of posts if Waggy had the potential to make money but self-destructed through poor bankroll management and obsessions with certain types of bets which weren't profitable in this thread or whether the thread just shows that the bookies will always prevail in the long run due to the profit margins they build into the odds they offer.

The early months of this thread seemed to suggest profit was possible but maybe that was just a lucky run. What do the rest of you think? Inevitable win for the bookies or a win caused by self-destruction? 

I know what I've learned from this thread..................some people just won't let go.

End of thread. Not the result I expected but lessons can always be learnt and for me it was an interesting experience. I know where I went wrong and if I do another one the same mistakes will not be made. I will study the thread for a couple of days and try to come back with improvements. Thanks for all your input guys.

Been a good thread to follow and not a disaster by any means. If you could limit the amount of big bets you do at poor odds i think it would be more successful. Lower stakes at better odds Suited you well but the amount of times you lost £300 + on low odds left you chasing too many times and eventually cost you like it does most of us. 

5 hours ago, waggy said:

End of thread. Not the result I expected but lessons can always be learnt and for me it was an interesting experience. I know where I went wrong and if I do another one the same mistakes will not be made. I will study the thread for a couple of days and try to come back with improvements. Thanks for all your input guys.

You said at the start that this was your last ever thread?!? 

I think this has been one of the major problems I've had with your thread, nothing you say seems to mean anything. For me honesty is a very important trait yet you consistently say one thing and then go on to do the opposite. 

We all say things and change our minds potus. You yourself derided others when they said I was unlucky at times but now you say the early success of the thread may have been a lucky run. Though you make some good points you do seem to give the impression of negativity. Yes, I did say that this was my final thread but I must admit that I enjoy being part of this community and it's always best to do what you enjoy. I promise that in my next thread there will be no deviation from the original aims. The gambler always thinks that the next bet is a winner, and I'm no exception. My next thread will be a success and hopefully get your approval (a big challenge I know). Get your pencil sharpened, I will be back.

Possible lessons from this thread so far ...

Waggy can spot decent bets in a variety of sport

Waggy can easily lose discipline in his betting and get swept away in the emotion of chasing winning or losing bets, and will sometimes stake huge slices of his bank purely because some recent bets lost

Letting emotion control your betting like this can very quickly see you lose all or a lot of your winnings built up over a period

In general, people don't like criticism

People like following a high-risk adventure which has ups and downs. It's exciting, and Waggy's betting style is entertaining viewing. Is there a correlation between entertainment and success? If so, it might be 'inverse', meaning the wilder and more entertaining it is, the less successful it is in the long run.

Following Waggy the hare is more fun than observing Waggy the tortoise, although Waggy the tortoise might find more long-term success ... :)