Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June Copy and pasted the first post without checking and it looks a mess, any chance a mod could delete it? 3:10 Curragh Eddie Lynam's Mr Good Guy has now dropped down to a mark of 73 which looks competitive after finishing 1.75L behind the winnerat a big handicap here at the Curragh off 85 on his final start last season. He was beaten 6L here on Guineas weekend off 80 not getting a clear run when making some ground on the inside and that was enough for me to think he can get involved in a weaker race like this off a lower mark. It is worth noting that he essentially ran off 75 that day with claimer Robbie Downey taking the ride. He then was stepped up in trip but clearly did stay but back over 6f on good ground with the tongue tie back on as well as the first time visor I'm hoping to see an improved performance. Paddy Power are paying 4 places in this 15 runner race. Mr Good Guy - 1pt Win @ 16/1 >Paddy Power

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 2.45 Perth - Strongpoint win @ 4/1 SkyBet Strongpoint is very consistent and has not been outside of the first four in his last 6 runs. He won a chase at Navan 3 runs ago and has since placed in 2 decent class 1 handicaps at Ayr and Punchestown. Both races were a lot better than todays and he beat a lot of 135+ rated horses in both races. He's down into a class 3 so this is clearly easier. His best run was probably the 3rd at Ayr where he was only 6 lengths behind Duke Of Navan off of todays mark, and a repeat of that run against poorer opposition would surely see him go close in this. On his hurdle form he could still potentially be well handicapped over fences as at his best he was rated 142, 9lbs higher than what he is rated today over fences. He's won here before and has won over the trip but my main concern would be the ground as he would probably want it a bit softer but he has won and good and even won on good to firm ground a few years ago so hopefully he will go well on the ground.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 3.10 curragh Regal Power ew 16/1 betvictor Steps back up to 6f and usually runs its race , held by 1/2L by Doonard Prince in receipt of 4lb and 5lb better off today so at double the price is worth a go. Handles ground , trip and on a competitive mark , hopefully put its best foot forward , downside is trainers 0-15 record at track but not a big sample.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June Curragh 4.15 Chopin (5/1 bet365 bog) If non runner Goodwood 2.25 Covenant Back in 2013 this fellow finished 7th in the derby no less beaten only 4 lengths. He has obviously had some injury problems as he has only seen the racecourse 4 times since with the most recent being an 11.5 length 6th place at Leopardstown back in April. And that was nearly a year after his previous start so he would have needed the race. He will probably need to be back to his 2013 form to win but as they say form is temporary but class is permanent

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 3.00 Goodwood: Uphold @ 18/1 William Hill Better than recent run at Sandown. Slipped down to a handy mark and still capable of running well judged on recent Kempton effort. Conditions will suit and may be able to have them all on the stretch entering the home straight.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 2.25 Goodwood - Front Five - EW at 40/1 bog bet365 3yo maiden we have a well odds on favourite here who finished 2nd in what is traditionally a strong maiden race at Newbury with several of these in behind I'm going for the horse that finished 9th in that race behind 3 of these.......that was his racecourse debut and I have a feeling that Amanda Perrett targets her horses at Goodwood. She won this maiden race last year

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June Auteuil 2.08: Activial 11/1 Coral Best race of the day and Hurricane Fly pays an emotional visit back home to France, they reckon he will bring the house down if he wins but i'm not sure he's value at around 6/4. Ballynagour won well here last time and is an obvious danger as i Pipes other runner who is a familiar face around here. I like Activial at the prices for Harry Fry, the yard are in form and he was unlucky here in April when hampered. Steps up in trip here and that could be the making of him, decent value at 11/1.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June G3.30 Dishy Guru 8/1 Stan James This horse won its only attempt over c&d and has the major advantage in this veterans race of being just a 6-y-o and in form after winning nicely last time out whereas some of these are regressive. Has to defy a rise in the handicap but the c&d form is a big plus acround here and should go very close.

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June Perth 4:25: Hollow Blue Sky @ 22/1 skybet e/w thanks Hollow Blue Sky if its blue that will do me , he's from Nigel Twiston-Davies yard his last race was at Aintree 23 days ago over 3m1f good when jockey Jamie Bargary pulled horse up 3 out from home as his jumping was poor that day and lost touch with field, The Jockey was onboard horse two races back at Haydock 2m 6f soft when it won by 6 lengths with conditions good at the moment in Perth I would expect it to be good to soft or even soft with the rain we've had last two days so HBS could regain that winning feeling again, He has won three chases from 2m 4f to 2m 6f on soft ground and has rode only twice round track finish 2nd and 3rd so hopefully third time lucky and wins the races

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 3.20 perth jackofhearts appeals to me off a mark of 80 again, but only if the cheek-pieces improve him a couple of pound, which i think they will. getting his act together over hurdles now anyhow, so possible natural improvement too, so with no trip and ground concerns and jockey jonathan england taking off another 3lb, his chances do appear to be quite decent. 1pt win 20/1 bet365 bog

Re: Weekly Nap Competition - Day 1 - Sunday 7th June 5.10 Goodwood. 1 pt win Bravo Echo 16/1 BOG Lads and Coral. The veteran Bravo Echo is a course and distance winner and returns to the track following a 3rd place finish a couple of weeks back. Must be in with a shout at a good price.