** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

After a wonderful Test series, England and New Zealand get the coloured clothing on and play out five ODIs and a T20 in the next few weeks. If they're half as good as the Tests they will be well worth watching. As always Sky have the coverage in the UK. Schedule:

• Tue Jun 9 (50 ovs)14:00 local (13:00 GMT) 1st ODI - England v New ZealandEdgbaston, BirminghamLIVE D/N N/A
  • Fri Jun 12 (50 ovs)13:00 local (12:00 GMT) 2nd ODI - England v New ZealandKennington Oval, LondonLIVE D/N N/A
  • Sun Jun 14 (50 ovs)10:30 local (09:30 GMT) 3rd ODI - England v New ZealandThe Rose Bowl, SouthamptonLIVE N/A
  • Wed Jun 17 (50 ovs)14:00 local (13:00 GMT) 4th ODI - England v New ZealandTrent Bridge, NottinghamLIVE D/N N/A
  • Sat Jun 20 (50 ovs)10:30 local (09:30 GMT) 5th ODI - England v New ZealandRiverside Ground, Chester-le-StreetLIVE N/A
  • Tue Jun 23 (20 ovs)18:30 local (17:30 GMT) Only T20I - England v New ZealandOld Trafford, ManchesterLIVE D/N N/A

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International Series preview: 3pts J.Root Top England Series Batsman 7/2 Stan James At 7/2 Root looks a good bet here. He is likely to play all five matches because I don’t think it is too much of a hidden secret that England are lining him up for captaincy roles later in his career. The only other player I fancy in this market is Eoin Morgan but I don’t like captains per se so I’m happy to stick with Joe Root who is in fantastic form in all formats at the minute and who was the only one who looked able to score a run when these two sides met in the World Cup. 2pts M.McClenaghan Top New Zealand Series Bowler 9/2 Betfred Another bet I like comes in the Top New Zealand Series Bowler market. Trent Boult and Tim Southee are worthy favourites and we’ve seen what they can do in the Test matches but they might get rotated having played the IPL and then back to back Tests which could see Mitchell McClenaghan come into play. The left armer is one of the best bowlers in the world in this format and he is capable of bowling at the start and the end of the innings which is often when the most wickets fall so some cheap wickets combined with any he earns could see him lead the New Zealand wicket taking in these five matches. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-betting-young-england-look-to-tame-the-world-cup-finalists

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International 1st ODI preview: 5pts New Zealand Most 6s 4/5 Stan James One bet I do like is for New Zealand to hit the most sixes. I admit England have a much more explosive side than when these two met in the World Cup but we don’t really know how the new players will cope at this level and hitting 75mph dobblers in county cricket everywhere is a lot different to slogging players at this level. Even if they can do that you’ve got to think nerves will play something of a part for those early in their international careers. New Zealand have none of that nonsense but more importantly they will appreciate this is a young England side and will want them under pressure right from the start so I expect them to be expansive at the top and with pretty much everyone right down to Southee able to put balls out of the park the 4/5 on the visitors belting the most sixes looks too good to turn down here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-1st-odi-betting-england-s-new-era-begins-at-edgbaston

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International Another outright before the series begins. 2pts A.Rashid Top England Series Bowler 5/1 Ladbrokes I would imagine England are going to rotate their seamers in this series to get a good look at each one and to keep the likes of Mark Wood and Chris Jordan fresh for the Ashes which follows and one man who can benefit from that is Adil Rashid. Looking at the squad Rashid looks set to play a significant part in the series because there is no other spinner in the squad and while Joe Root can turn his arm over you need more than his part time spin to take the pace off the ball. Rashid was in really good form last season and he has been landing them nicely this season and on flat tracks like The Oval, the Ageas Bowl and Trent Bridge a change of pace and wrist spin could be just the ticket with it likely to be hard work for the quicker bowlers. Given that he's likely to play all the matches as opposed to some who will rotate and the wickets might suit him more 5/1 looks an acceptable punt on the Yorkshire leggie.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International No outrights for me this series however completely agree with Kevin in regards to Joe Root. The team line up is likely to be Hales, Roy, Root, Stokes, Morgan and Butler. Quite an inexpereinced team you would say however one name that jumps out is Joe Root. Although he is only 24 he already has 54 matches under his belt and an average of 40. The last match at Edgbaston in September he scored 44, anything close to that and the bet wins. 4 points Joe Root to score Over 26.5 Runs @ 1.8 Betway

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International One more for the opening ODI. 1pt L.Ronchi Top New Zealand Batsman 16/1 Ladbrokes I've been reeled in at this price. Of course there is the danger that Ronchi won't get in but with no Corey Anderson he should be pushed up to six so we only need four wickets to fall for him to get in and two of those above him in the order are as gung ho as they come so I'm willing to take the chance at the price. If he does get in we don't need to look too far back for a reminder of what he can do with the bat. In the second Test he belted 88 off 70 and 31 off 23 and that's against England's so called better bowlers. He followed that up with 106 off 76 against Leicestershire in the warm up match too. It is fair to say he didn't have the best World Cup but NZ were bowling sides out so cheaply he hardly got a regular bat but he smashed 170 in no time against Sri Lanka at the start of the year so his form is there for all to see. Edgbaston often provides a bit of help for the new ball bowlers so a couple of top order players could easily nick off cheaply. The other reason to like this bet is England's issues with the ball aren't at the top of the innings. They have regularly been one of the best sides in the first 10 overs with the ball but at the death they are little better than pathetic. This NZ side are well drilled enough to know that and Ronchi promises to be a key player for them in the final 10-15 overs of carnage. At 16/1 he's definitely worth paying to see if he gets in early enough to go to work.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International 2nd ODI preview: 4pts Most runs in an over - Under 20.5 runs 5/6 Stan James One market which has caught my eye is the most runs in an over market where the line looks very high at 20.5. That’s a lot of runs for one over. An indication of how many is that in the last 13 ODIs here dating back to 2010 there have only been two overs of more than that number and one of those was when Bopara sent an over of absolute full toss filth from Shaminda Eranga regularly into the OCS Stand in the Champions Trophy a couple of years ago. I can’t believe either of these sides will bowl a set of pies like that in one here. Another indication of how many runs it is comes in the fact that England have just made the highest score in an ODI in England on boundaries probably smaller than these and the highest over went for 19 runs. I’ve already mentioned this isn’t the batting paradise of the past so that line looks a run or two too high to me. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-2nd-odi-betting-england-look-to-reproduce-edgbaston-heroics

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International Couple more for me today. 5pts Over 11.5 sixes 17/20 Betway England covered this line on their own in the opening ODI and while I don't think we're going to bat that well in this match the fact that nearly every six they hit was straight down the ground I'm confident they will deliver more sixes in this match. It is hard to see New Zealand batting so abjectly again and they're unlikely to be under the same scoreboard pressure if they chase as they were on Tuesday. If they bat first then the freedom that provides should see them clear the ropes enough to make this line achievable too. England showed their hitting prowess in the opening game but New Zealand have McCullum, Guptill, Taylor, Elliott, Ronchi and potentially Anderson who can all belt a long ball so this line looks well within reach especially with the wicket slightly to the school side of the ground. 1pt L.Ronchi Top New Zealand Batsman 13/1 Paddy Power This couldn't have gone much worse at Edgbaston but the price hasn't dropped that much so there is still value in him. Everything I mentioned in the first ODI pretty much applies here and we should get a much better showing from the keeper batsman given that New Zealand aren't likely to be chasing a gazillion. I'd be very surprised if Ronchi doesn't go well in a couple of these matches so I'll take the chance one of them is here.

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International Good call with the 6s Kev, won in the first innings! One bet for me in the second innings, I was initially going to do this at the beginning of the match but I talked myself out of it but I'm pulling the trigger now. It seems the roles are reversed from the last match with New Zealand batting first and hitting 2 runs shy of 400. One of Hales or Roy will have to come out swinging just like Brendan and I can see an early wicket falling. This will being Root in and I think the England innings will be played around him with the likes of Morgan, Stoke and Buttler hitting it big while he tries to stay till the end as much as he can. 4 Points Joe Root Top England Batsman @ 4.6 Coral

Re: England vs New Zealand - ODI Series & T20 International 3rd ODI preview: 4pts England Most 6s 13/10 Bet365 Who knows how this series is going to go next!? I wouldn’t like to predict the winner of this match but I am happy to take England to hit the most sixes. They annihilated New Zealand in the six hitting in the first match of the series and despite New Zealand responding with 13 at The Oval that wasn’t enough either. England hit all the way down now whereas New Zealand rely on certain players to hit their sixes and that can be the difference here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-3rd-odi-betting-the-ageas-bowl-stages-the-next-leg-of-this-thrilling-story

4th ODI preview: 5pts England Most 6s 6/5 Coral I backed England to hit the most sixes in Southampton and they did and I’m taking them again here. I think they have a bigger advantage here because the boundary to the New Stand is comfortably accessible for left handers when the ball comes from the pavilion end of the ground and in Morgan and Stokes England have two big hitting left handers. New Zealand only have one in their entire line up and he’s well down the order and we’re not completely sure if he’s a big hitter or not. Take McCullum out of the equation and only Ross Taylor in the top six is a big hitter unlike England where the top eight can all clear ropes at will. That leads me to thinking England will hit the most sixes again here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-4th-odi-betting-england-look-to-take-the-series-to-a-decider

Couple more for me in this ODI. 6pts Over 10.5 sixes 8/11 Paddy Power The boundary to the New Stand side at Trent Bridge is a lot more accessible than most on this ground but that is even more the case today with the wicket slightly towards that side on the square. That will leave a long boundary to the other side of the ground but the straight boundaries aren't all that long at Nottingham so there is going to be one short boundary and two more shortish boundaries to go at. A feature of the series has been how the bat has dominated the ball and the beauty of this game is the bat doesn't really need to dominate the ball for 11 balls to clear the ropes. We saw how the ball can fly here when Alex Hales belted those six successive sixes in the T20 game against Birmingham and I'm firmly expecting it to do a lot more flying in this match. 1pt L.Ronchi Top New Zealand Batsman 14/1 Betway I'm going to stick with Luke Ronchi in this match. We saw at The Oval how well he is hitting it if he gets in early enough and if New Zealand bat second and the ball does a bit under lights then he could well get in with the top score in his sights in this match. Only really Taylor and Williamson have been in any sort of nick for New Zealand in this series so if they were to fail at the same time Ronchi could well be the one to pick up the pieces at a nice price.

5th ODI preview: 5pts England Most 6s 11/10 Coral We’re in for a high scoring match here I’m fairly sure of that but the bet I would rather take is for England to hit the most sixes. This has landed for me personally in the last two ODIs but in total England have the most in all four matches so far. 13 sixes weren’t enough for New Zealand to win at The Oval and 10 sixes weren’t enough to keep England at bay at Trent Bridge so you wonder just how many will keep England quiet. With a number of England players used to playing on the ground, not least Ben Stokes and Mark Wood you would think they would know the areas to bowl to avoid being carted and which balls can be clobbered and which can’t. Amazingly after four sixes wins out of four England are still odds against to hit the most here but that suits me nicely. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-5th-odi-betting-series-to-be-decided-at-the-riverside

T20 preview: 4pts England to win T20 19/20 Boylesports At 10/11 I think England are the call here. They have the better T20 record of the two sides even through an era where they have been rotten in one day cricket and they go into the match with all the momentum from the ODI series so it is the home side for me. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-t20-betting-new-zealand-s-tour-finishes-with-a-t20-in-manchester