** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

West Indies vs Australia - Test Series

kevshat

Australia's final warm up to this summer's Ashes series is a two Test series in the West Indies which begins next week. Sky have both the games in the UK and as we saw when England were in the Caribbean there is the chance for some betting opportunities. Schedule:

• Wed Jun 3 - Sun Jun 710:00 local (14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST) 1st Test - West Indies v AustraliaWindsor Park, Roseau, DominicaLIVE N/A
  • Thu Jun 11 - Mon Jun 1510:00 local (15:00 GMT | 16:00 BST) 2nd Test - West Indies v AustraliaSabina Park, Kingston, JamaicaLIVE N/A

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series Series preview: 3pts J.Taylor Top West Indies Series Bowler 5/2 William Hill One area where a bit of value does exist is the Top West Indies Series Bowler. Jerome Taylor looked really good in the series against England recently and given that the second Test of this series will be on his home ground he is worth backing in this series. Kemar Roach is way too hit and miss for my liking and Jason Holder is still finding his way with the ball in this format of the game. Of course someone like Devendra Bishoo could be a danger if the wickets turn which they probably will but Australia are going to have some inexperience in their batting line up at times in this series which could be exposed by the pace and the late swing that Taylor is capable of getting. He took 11 wickets in two matches against England and a similar return here will be enough to see him lead the home side’s wicket list in this series. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-australia-test-series-betting-all-eyes-on-australia-as-the-ashes-loom-large

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts M.Samuels' Performance Pts - 92&Over 5/6 Bet365 One man I think will go well in this match is Marlon Samuels. Obviously he is extraordinarily talented with the bat and we saw that in the series with England but he could be just as useful on this wicket with the ball. The slower wicket will nullify some of the pace of the Australian bowlers but that isn’t too much of an issue because he has faced them all before but it certainly helps proceedings. I fancy him to be used a lot with the ball especially if partnerships get going and given the record spin has on this ground he could well pick up wickets like he has often throughout his career so adding all of that up I think a performance line of 92 is well within reach for the man who is probably the most senior West Indies player in the side now. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-australia-1st-test-betting-dominica-plays-host-to-the-opening-match-of-the-series

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series 2nd Test preview: 4pts M.Samuels' Performance Pts - Over 90.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power I took Marlon Samuels’ performance in the first Test and amazingly even though he covered the line with ease his target for this match has gone down! What is even more incredible about that is the fact that Sabina Park is his home ground and he is going to be used to batting on this wicket. We saw him tame this Australian attack in Dominica and we saw him bowl a lot of overs along the way too and I expect both to happen this time as well. We also saw him take a catch and if you put the three facets together we should get a total beyond 90.5pts this week. His captain was critical of him after Dominica so he has a point to prove and he can prove that with a performance score well in excess of 90.5pts. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-australia-2nd-test-betting-australia-set-for-their-final-test-before-the-ashes

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series Another one for me in this Test. 4pts M.Starc's Performance Pts - Over 106.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power Mitchell Starc took six wickets in the first Test and a catch to make up a total of 130pts without contributing with the bat at all but he is capable of contributing with the bat and that is what I like about this bet. In reality we should only need him to take five wickets because he should be able to knock off the loose 7pts with the bat. He averages 28.52 with the bat so even one innings should knock off the loose number and if he goes to his average we'll only need him to take four wickets. Although this track is more suited to the spinners at the minute I fancy there to be something in it each morning for the seamers and the advantage Starc has is that demon yorker which can get batsmen hopping. He might not take the six wickets he took in Dominica but given his quality with the bat he shouldn't need to but bat and ball together should yield 107pts at least.