** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Womens World Cup (Canada) 2015 - 6th June to 5th July

I'm pleased to announce (and you guys might be quite pleased to hear) that I've uncovered the existence of a totally separate Womens World Cup competition for Women below the age of 20!! (Reffered to as "U20") Its apparently taking place in New Zealand
This was in fact the Mens Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand, which has just finished :)

USA v Colombia: Sell time of 1st Colombia goal at 76 with Star Spreads and buy their goal minutes at 22 with SPIN, Wambach to score 2 or more goals at 7/1 with 888 Shame this game is such a late kick off as I would have liked to see how the Colombian's acquit themselves against their toughest opponents yet. Happy to take a chance on them scoring again at those prices, not sure they should be bigger than 20/1 to win the match. Wambach price looks big (spreads have her in for 0.8 of a goal, anytime and hat trick prices look about right at 1.8 and 21 but would have expected the 2+ price to be around 5.25 on that basis). She's scored 40 goals in 41 appearances for the National team and has scored 2 or more on 10 occasions (8 braces, a hat trick and a four-timer).

This was in fact the Mens Under 20 World Cup in New Zealand, which has just finished :)
Yes, I wrote that initially as result of assuming that tourney was also Females after having just learned of it's existence in passing. You know what is said about assuming. Well its true what they say. I deduced it was in fact a Men's tourney after tuning into the Serbia/Hungary match and noticing quite a large amount of facial hair on the players. Ended up making a few $$$ with Under plays from that point forward but then gave it all back as result of fading a Serbian team who looked incompetent vs. Hungary then played thereafter like a totally different team. Thats a thing I am noticing immediately, new to Futbol betting as I am: National Teams are inconsistent, they play well then play poorly or vice versa. Very hard to predict how they will play based on a prior match or really anything at all. Just can't tell what team you'll get...especially with The Girls and....Serbia.

Germany-France. France Women to score 2 or more goals. 11/4 B365 I think this game is much closer than the layers suggest. Initially I was going to plop for France at 3/1 to win the game, but I believe if they are going to do so they may well have to score more than one goal. The French performance against England doesn't look so bad now given England's progress in the competition. Their game against Columbia was to bad to mention. the riot act was clearly read and the French girls responded in style, shredding Mexico and cruising past South Korea. The last three meetings have seen two draws and a 2-0 win to France, that being last October in the most recent game. France play a good brand of attacking football and have more than one capable goalscorer in Eugenie Le Sommer and Marie-Laure Delie Germany are a strong team and have progressed as expected, however they have conceeded to France in the past five meetings and more than once in three of those games. Based on that and a hungry, resurgent France, I will op for them to score at least two, but wouldn't be totally surprised to see a French victory.

Good luck with that bet, I may be tempted to follow, just having a closer look at the game. 16/5 available now. French Goal Rush can be bought at 11 and their 2nd goal time sold at 82 if the spreads are your preferred punting medium. If there's a half decent price on offer, I'll probably back Renard to score, if only because she inevitably will net if I choose this game to not back her!

I've plumped for a buy of the match goal rush at 30 with SPIN Bet needs 3 or more goals to show a profit, the more the merrier. Whilst I do like the prospect of France making more of a game of it than the markets anticipate I like the prospect of goals more. If it wasn't for my reluctance to keep things simple or take short fixed odds prices I'd be quite drawn to 11/10 for both teams to score and 13/10 for >2.5 goals. They seem decent prices if that's your sort of bet. Inspired by the preceding poster, I've had a small interest in France to win and both teams to score at 8/1 with Lads.

Had an interest in >30 and >40 bookings points at 21/10 and 9/2 with PP Spreads are a few points higher than for earlier games, approaching the 30 mark, which seems fair enough at this stage of the competition, these prices look "technically" wrong on that basis (I'd make them more like 2.95 and 4.75). Ref Chenard's stats are not discouraging so I'm happy enough that these bets offer a modest degree of value.

China v USA: Buy Morgan's goal minutes at 19 with Spreadex. Too low given she starts up front in the absence of Wambach, 26 elsewhere and has decent club and National team stats Buy Wang Lisi's goal minutes at 6 with SPIN. Takes penalties and a decent free kick, has 2 goals so far. Reasonable at the price. Wang Shanshan to score anytime at 18/1, 1st at 33/1 and last at 33/1, all with 888. Listed as a defender but has played as the main striker in this tournament and has scored China's other 2 goals. The anytime price is a great bet, 1st and last worth a small top up. >30 and >40 bookings points at 11/4 and 6/1 with PP. Simply too big if the spreads are right in having this pitched at around 27 points. Mixed messages on the stats front for the teams so far but this is a quarter final and there were plenty of cards in the earlier game tonight.

USA-Germany. USA 2/1 general. I think it's time for the German luck to run out. Dont get me wrong, they are a formidable side but they certainly rode their luck against France and (IMO) did not deserve to go through. two howlers (one quite unbelievable) from the French and a disgraceful penalty decision saw the Germans through. The USA team are a very tight outfit and don't give much away and I expect them to capitalise where the French did not and punish Germany for any lapses at the back. The last five head to heads have seen three draws and two wins for team USA. Yanks with nothing to fear at 2/1 . GL

USA to qualify in a penalty shootout 17/2 paddy power I think they will win this but in a penalty shootout as these two will just cancel each other out with not many goals in the match Abbie Wambach to score first for the team 3/1 paddy power She has been playing great at the moment and getting to great scoring opportunities so she is due to score

Women's World Cup Final: US- Japan We have a repeat of the 2011 final and the extremely well conditioned and prepared Japanese team have proved that win was no fluke and that they are perhaps the best team in the world and few will doubt that if they win this evening. In that previous final they twice came from behind to tie the US, including once in extra time and showed incredible mental strength to do so, I do not think that any other team in world football , would have been able to do so under similar circumstances. My preview of their quarter final win over Australia is reproduced below, that includes my pre tournament notes about how well prepared the Japanese were and how seriously they have taken their role as world champions and they have loved the four years since and I feel that once again they have been seriously underestimated by the oddsmakers and that there is no huge gulf between the two. Of course, this is not a coinflip as the US will have massive support in Vancouver, but Japan have already played here three times and will feel very much at home in stadium and city.They were disappointing against England in the semis, but I think that was the match in which all the pressure was on them, now it is very much on the US, they are going to have to make the running and they will be very vulnerable to the speed and technical ability of the Japanese. I think we might well see extra time again and I am happy to take ..... Japan +0.5 at 2.07 asian line/Sportmarket.

I'm inclined to agree that the market over estimates the extent of USA's supremacy here. Interesting to note that Japan have scored in all of the last 8 meetings between the teams. I've decided to buy Japan's team goal minutes at 34 with SPIN. Seems to be the best value option for backing them to score, albeit with the risk that any goal(s) come "too early". Only fair to point out that the USA have kept a clean sheet in every game since their 2-1 opening win against Australia, though only Germany will have provided as stern a test as they should face tonight. Japan have scored in every game so far, twice on 2 occasions. I've also bought Carli Llloyd's goal minutes at 13 with SPIN. 3 goals so far, likely penalty taker and worth backing at the equivalent of around 10/3 anytime.

I see this tough game gonig in extra time. Japan women are very tactical squad and in semifinal game even were lucky with that victory in add time by owngoal they play well entire game. Alls knows about 2011final when Japan won after penalties,and2012 Olympic Games in London, USA won gold when they defeated Japan 2-1 in the final 2012 Olympic Games in London. So it will be a little revenge from both squads and 3.80 odd for the draw at Marathonbet is likely for me

A penalty awarded 3/1 sky bet
Have followed you on that at 9/2 with Hills. Seeing such a bigger price made me have a closer look and the stats have persuaded me to have an interest. I make it there have been 22 penalties in the 51 games so far. There have been 4 in USA games (2 in 2 of them, all bar one for the USA) and 3 in Japan games (2 for Japan, the other for England when both teams scored one), I have the ref awarding 4 in her last 10 International games (including a "brace").

And finally, a couple more USA goalscorer bets at prices that appeal having seen the line ups. Johnston anytime at 15/1 with 888 and bought Holiday's goal minutes at 6 with Spreadex. The former is a potential threat at set pieces and is around double the odds the spread firms seem to think she should be. She has 2 in 24 for her club and 3 in 15 at International level (albeit U20). Holiday has 30 in 79 for her club and 6 in 33 at International level.

And finally, a couple more USA goalscorer bets at prices that appeal having seen the line ups. Johnston anytime at 15/1 with 888 and bought Holiday's goal minutes at 6 with Spreadex. The former is a potential threat at set pieces and is around double the odds the spread firms seem to think she should be. She has 2 in 24 for her club and 3 in 15 at International level (albeit U20). Holiday has 30 in 79 for her club and 6 in 33 at International level.
Well done on the Carli Lloyd and Holiday bets but unlucky with Johnson as she scored an own goal

Cheers, well done on the o.g. A profitable night for me, which is always welcome, but mixed in terms of the merits of my betting choices. On the one hand, getting with Japan's goals rather than the result worked out well but I really could have done with all that activity being saved for the start of the second half having bought Lloyd and Holiday goal minutes! Still, that's the risk and I just have to go with what strikes me as best value for each given bet. A converted second half penalty for either Lloyd or Japan would have really but a rosy glow on things!