** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England vs New Zealand - Test Series

kevshat

England meet New Zealand in a two match Test series which begins next week. It was scheduled to be the warm up for The Ashes later in the summer but New Zealand's re-emergence has made it a very good looking series in its own right and one which is a shame it is only two Tests. Sky cover both matches in the UK. Schedule:

• Thu May 21 - Mon May 2511:00 local (10:00 GMT) 1st Test - England v New ZealandLord's, LondonLIVE N/A
  • Fri May 29 - Tue Jun 211:00 local (10:00 GMT) 2nd Test - England v New ZealandHeadingley, LeedsLIVE N/A

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series There are but we'll go with a different thread for those once the Tests are done :ok. Test Series preview: 3pts Correct score 1-1 - 7/2 Skybet Lord’s and Headingley are the two venues for this series and both are likely to be result tracks in May. Touring sides do tend to raise their games at Lords but a good number of their side are coming straight into this series from the IPL with no red ball preparation so it might take them a match to get into their strides so England could well get the upper hand at Lords. England actually have a good record there at this time of year. Once New Zealand have acclimatised to things though Headingley could be a different story so the 1-1 series scoreline could offer value at 7/2. 2pts M.Guptill Top New Zealand Series Batsman 6/1 Paddy Power There is a bet I like in the New Zealand markets though and that is Martin Guptill to be New Zealand’s top series batsman. Unlike some of his colleagues he has been in England since the start of the county season and has filled his boots both for Derbyshire and New Zealand. In Derbyshire colours he made 161 and 227 in five knocks and he took Worcester to the cleaners in a warm up match in New Zealand kit prior to the series belting them for 150. Add that to the form he showed in the World Cup albeit with the white ball and Guptill is in the form of his life right now. At 6/1 he is a big enough price for me to make an allowance against not betting in two match series batsmen markets as that looks great value. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-focus-can-finally-turn-to-on-field-events-for-england

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts T.Boult Performance - Over 92.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power Trent Boult is the best bowler in the world for my money right now so I am surprised that his performance line is as low as 92.5 on the 1pt per run, 10 per catch and 20 per wicket scoring system. That means he needs five wickets to cover or four wickets and a handful of runs and that looks right in range for a guy bowling so well right now. He has 15 wickets in his last three Tests and conditions here should be perfect for him so I like the overs there. 1pt J.Buttler Top England 1st Inns Batsman 16/1 Ladbrokes With England’s top order having a captain under massive pressure on his shoulders and potentially distracted by outside things and a debutant alongside him there is a chance the home side could be in some early trouble. Boult and Southee have ripped through many a top order and we saw Jerome Taylor do the same on a couple of occasions last month. With that in mind the top England batsman could come from someone down the order in the first innings. If England need someone to launch a counter attack Jos Buttler could be their man. He has four scores over 45 in eight innings in Test cricket and another of those could just be enough here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-1st-test-betting-lord-s-opens-up-the-test-match-summer

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series Does anyone know if New Zealand are at full strength and bringing their best side over? If so I think the 9/4 (Betfred) looks very generous. They had a great World Cup and although a different format and obviously on English soil but the gap between the side in the WC was so vast I can only see a Kiwi win here - especially if they are at full strength?

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series

1st Test preview: 4pts T.Boult Performance - Over 92.5pts 5/6 Paddy Power Trent Boult is the best bowler in the world for my money right now so I am surprised that his performance line is as low as 92.5 on the 1pt per run, 10 per catch and 20 per wicket scoring system. That means he needs five wickets to cover or four wickets and a handful of runs and that looks right in range for a guy bowling so well right now. He has 15 wickets in his last three Tests and conditions here should be perfect for him so I like the overs there. 1pt J.Buttler Top England 1st Inns Batsman 16/1 Ladbrokes With England’s top order having a captain under massive pressure on his shoulders and potentially distracted by outside things and a debutant alongside him there is a chance the home side could be in some early trouble. Boult and Southee have ripped through many a top order and we saw Jerome Taylor do the same on a couple of occasions last month. With that in mind the top England batsman could come from someone down the order in the first innings. If England need someone to launch a counter attack Jos Buttler could be their man. He has four scores over 45 in eight innings in Test cricket and another of those could just be enough here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-1st-test-betting-lord-s-opens-up-the-test-match-summer
This butler bet is set up perfectly.

Re: England vs New Zealand - Test Series 2nd Test preview: 4pts Draw 10/11 Ladbrokes Unfortunately it has to be said that the forecast for this match is not good. Unlike some places this isn’t the best draining ground either so any significant rain could lead to lengthy delays so given that both sides showed their strength with the bat at Lord’s and coupled with the fact both sets of bowlers have a number of overs in their legs I think even at slight odds on the draw is a pretty decent bet in this match. 1pt BJ Watling Top New Zealand 1st Inns Batsman 10/1 Skybet We saw in the first Test that BJ Watling is looking good with the bat. He can dig in and survive like he did for so long in the second innings and he can flourish and flow like he did in the first innings and that bodes well for him. His 61 in the first innings at Lord’s probably went unnoticed with the special innings that took place in that match but it was important. We saw in the second innings that McCullum is happy to promote him to face the new ball if early wickets are lost and Watling showed that his technique is more than good enough to do so which leads me to think there is plenty of value in the 10/1 on the Kiwi keeper top scoring in the first innings here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/england-vs-new-zealand-2nd-test-betting-series-at-stake-at-headingley