** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NatWest T20 Blast 2015

kevshat

Sunday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derbyshire v Northamptonshire (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Worcestershire v Durham (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.91[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Sunday TV preview: 4pts Worcestershire to beat Durham Evs Bet365 Worcestershire are going along nicely in this competition and have already touched off Nottinghamshire this weekend so they don’t fear big reputations. Their bowling has gone well all season and they know how to bat on their own wicket so I’m with Worcestershire here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/worcestershire-vs-durham-betting-top-four-places-in-sight-for-these-two

Friday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leicestershire v Lancashire (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Middlesex v Essex (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Worcestershire v Warwickshire (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nottinghamshire v Derbyshire (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.47[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hampshire v Surrey (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Kent v Somerset (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.31[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sussex v Glamorgan (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Yorkshire v Durham (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.38[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Friday TV preview: 4pts S.Northeast Over 25.5 runs 5/6 Coral I think Kent are worthy favourites but I think the better bet lies with their captain in this match. Sam Northeast likes batting against Somerset. In two knocks against them at 3 he has scores of 73 and 114 so this attack clearly suits his eye. He’s in good form having passed 50 in three of his last five innings in this tournament and he has a solid 30 in that time too and given how well he is batting and the fact he’s the one they all bat around I like him to reach 26 in this innings. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/kent-vs-somerset-betting-do-or-die-for-somerset-in-canterbury

Couple for me away from the TV tonight. 4pts Hampshire to beat Surrey 10/11 Stan James While Hampshire's season isn't going to plan they have an excellent record against Surrey at the Ageas Bowl and they will be confident of extending that with Surrey having no Gary Wilson and Matthew Dunn, two fairly important players for them. On the flip side Hampshire are without Sean Ervine but he will only be missed with the bat because he's hardly bowled in the tournament but they still have enough batting to cope with that. Surrey's power with the bat is up top which should suit Hampshire ok and that could be why they have such a good record over Surrey. I'll back it to continue tonight. 4pts Durham to beat Yorkshire 11/8 Coral I know I've been critical of Durham's exploits against spin in this tournament but I still think they are worth chancing tonight. Yorkshire have named four youngsters in their squad of 14 so it appears they might have given this tournament up and that probably isn't the wrong thing as they need a miracle to qualify anyway. Durham don't. They are right in the mix and a win here will push them closer to the last eight. They have named their strongest available squad which doesn't include Calum MacLeod but it does include everyone else who is important to them with the exception of their England duo. Yorkshire are missing plenty to England too so at the price and given that Yorkshire look to have waved the white flag I'll go Durham here.

Sunday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] Sunday 12 July 2015 Home Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derbyshire v Yorkshire (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.44[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gloucestershire v Kent (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Northamptonshire v Leicestershire (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.42[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Tuesday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] Tuesday 14 July 2015 Home Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gloucestershire v Hampshire (14:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Yorkshire v Worcestershire (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Tuesday TV preview: 4pts Worcestershire to beat Yorkshire 11/10 Betway Worcestershire might not contain any big names, Saeed Ajmal aside, but that hasn’t hampered them this season and they are going along nicely. They hold their own with most with the bat and their bowling attack beats most so I’m fully with the Rapids here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/yorkshire-vs-worcestershire-betting-worcestershire-head-to-leeds-looking-for-big-win

I wanted to highlight something which I think looks a big price in tonight's T20 match for the Yorkshire top batsman. Due to injuries like Finch and a number of players away with the England team Yorkshire are fielding a very inexperienced team tonight (get on Kevshat suggestion above ;)) but because of this some players are getting a chance. Will Rhodes normally comes in around 7 or 8 but according to the Yorkshire fans forum he is slated to come in tonight at 5. This lad can play he is the England under 19 captain who recently led the team to a win over the South Africa u 19's and recently scored 79 in a first class game against Warwickshire. He just hasn't had much chance to "get in" at T20. Paddy Power and Bet365 have him to top score at 33/1 which I think is about twice the price it should be, according to oddschecker Ladbrokes have him at 6/1 (not sure that's right as that is too short lol) not saying it's a winner just a potential value option

Wednesday TV preview: 4pts Nottinghamshire to beat Lancashire 10/11 Ladbrokes They’ve not always been at their best this season but the penny seems to have dropped with them and they’ve improved in the last couple of weeks. That improvement can see them win here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/lancashire-vs-nottinghamshire-betting-two-sides-needing-to-win-clash-at-old-trafford

Friday odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] Friday 17 July 2015 Home Away BPP [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Kent v Glamorgan (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.67[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Northamptonshire v Yorkshire (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Surrey v Somerset (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.73[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Warwickshire v Lancashire (18:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derbyshire v Worcestershire (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Durham v Nottinghamshire (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.32[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Essex v Middlesex (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sussex v Hampshire (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.81[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.16[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Friday TV preview: 5pts Essex Most 6s vs Middlesex 10/11 Paddy Power Essex were taken apart by Steven Finn and James Franklin in the reverse fixture last week but neither are in the Middlesex squad for this match so I’m expecting Essex to be much more dominant and with the hitters they have in their ranks they look a perfectly good bet to hit the most sixes to be. Literally 1-8 go big for Essex. Middlesex’s batting runs out quite high up so this should be a safe one. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/essex-vs-middlesex-betting-essex-look-to-secure-grip-on-quarter-final-spot

Friday- Northants 1.73 to beat Yorkshire. We have seen recently that Yorkshire have given up on this competition and rested players in preparation for Championship games. The same applies today with Andrew Gale [capt] and Tim Bresnan both rested and replaced by 2 more academy players. Aussie Aaron Finch is also missing. This is a huge game for Northants who could possibly qualify tonight with a victory .They have been well rested and had all week to prepare for what is a vital fixture .they have an unbeaten record stretching back some 8 matches in T20 and against an unmotivated opposition blooding players for the future represent maximum bet material in my eyes. 10 PTS WIN 1.73 paddy Power.

Wednesday TV preview: 4pts Birmingham vs Northants - Over 10.5 sixes 8/11 Coral With that in mind I’m going to leave the match betting alone and focus on the sixes where the 10.5 line looks very low. As I said there is a Test match here next Thursday so they will be playing away from that wicket which should lead to a short boundary on one side of the ground. There are a number of hitters on show here and that should see us past 10.5 in the six hitting stakes. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/birmingham-vs-northamptonshire-betting-quarter-final-the-focus-for-these-two-sides

• 4 weeks later...

3pts Worcestershire to win the T20 Blast at 7/1 with Stan James The newly re-vamped T20 Blast is a format which should suit the young players who lie throughout the Worcestershire eleven, not least Joe Leach who recently took a hat trick with the first three balls of a one day game. There is also the somewhat unusual action of Jack Shantry who baffles many with his successful career, and the recently signed Joe Clarke. Their Ashes star bowler/batsman/who knows Moeen Ali is back in the side for their quarter final where he will likely be allowed to do what he does best and bat at the top of the order, dominated and show his class with the willow. In fact, with Ali back in domestic action and some younger players beginning to put their hands up, the Rapids seem like a good price to win the competition. You can read a full preview of the upcoming T20 action here: https://www.punterslounge.com/t20-blast-an-outright-prediction-and-value-for-thursday-s-game

5pts Kent to beat Lancs at 4/5 with Coral The Spitfires have a strong post-Key formula in the shortest format of the game, with the side pretty much picking itself, although both Matt Hunn and Ivan Thomas will be hoping they have done enough in recent weeks to force their way into the starting eleven. Joe Denly and Daniel Bell-Drummond will once again open the innings with captain Sam Northeast, Darren Stevens and Sam Billings joined in the middle order by the explosive Alex Blake who has been in red hot of late. Both James Tredwell and Fabian Cowdrey are expected to give Northeast some spin options, whilst Matt Coles and Mitch Claydon will give the experience needed to complete the seam attack alongside either Hunn or Thomas.

• 2 weeks later...

2pts Northants to win the T20 Blast at 4/1 with Ladbrokes Northamptonshire captain Alex Wakely has already said how much he his looking forward to experiencing the 'biggest day in English domestic cricket' for a second time and with talent like Ben Duckett and Josh Cobb they are underdogs with a real bark. They face Warwickshire first up and Varun Chopra’s side aren’t to be meddled with, although they will be without Brendon McCullum. Aside from Jeetan Patel, they have a bowling attack that fails to match the superlative quality of their batting side. Northants' small squad has been relatively injury-free for most of the season but in a case of very bad timing, it has suddenly been hit with knocks to several of their players. Rob Newton broke a thumb against Leicestershire in the County Championship and will miss out on Saturday while Northants are sweating on the fitness of Steven Crook. The all-rounder has been receiving intensive treatment to his ankle after being stretchered off in the same match and there are also concerns over Adam Rossington, Graeme White and Olly Stone. However, if Crook pulls through they have the T20 expertise to sweep past the Bears. They may well have enough to go on to gain the trophy.

I'm on Lancashire tomorrow to win and taking Ladbrokes 10/3. The key differential in T20 is to not only being able to bat deep but also have game finishers. In the first game Lancashire have Jos Butler and James Faulkner. Hants have got zip. Get past the top 3 and its start the car. Lancs would then face the winner of Warwickshire v Northants. I do think Northants can get past Warwickshire, they bat deep and do have quality lower down the order. But I just think Lancashire have a little bit more! Fancy both teams to score the most 6's (Lancashire and Northants) in the semis too.

Big toss to win in an hour. The result could likely depend on it. It is such a shame that the pinnacle of our T20 tournament is being decided in such underwhelming circumstances with low totals. Anyway think on a poor pitch that Lancashire's numerous spin options and game changers lower down the order has them in the box seat. Northants of course have Afridi, and because of his spin attack and batting potential to take a game away I am actually afraid ;)