** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Challenge and Champions Cup Finals - 1st and 2nd May

Just looked at the first of the finals from the perspective of my tryscorers system. No bets there but I thought that Gloucester's hotshots were worth a second look at 28 to buy with Spreadex (30 elsewhere). 25 points per Sharples, May, Meakes or Purdy try. Translating the best try minutes buy prices for those players into a hotshots price gives me a price of 31.4 so there's enough of a difference for me to be interested. In their last 10 games in all competitions, the average make-up for that quartet (25 points per try by players who started) was 30, which seems slightly more encouraging when you take into account that there were only 2 games where all 4 players started. If you pro-rata the points for tries by the number of players starting the average is 37.5 points. Sorry if that sounds a bit garbled but I've not done badly from using this methodology a few times so far. Modest stakes recommended but my view is that a buy price of less than 30 is worth an interest.

Re: European Challenge and Champions Cup Finals - 1st and 2nd May Champions Cup final tonight and on the following from my tryscorers system thread.

Clermont v Toulon: Abendanon to score a try, 6 points at 8/1 with Skybet Chouly to score a try, 6 points at 11/1 with Skybet Giteau to score a try, 8 points at 13/2 with 888 Edges of 17.2%, 56.3% and 27.3%. Also couldn't resist wasting £1 on Chouly to score 2 or more at 200/1 with the same firm. I will be surprised if he does, but I'm not convinced the price should be much more than 100/1. Be nice if he scores early to land the system bet then I at least get a run for my "fun" money!