** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Volvo China Open > April 23rd - 26th

Aidymac

Alex Levy will defend a European Tour title for the first time in his career this week at the Volvo China Open in Shanghai, where he could enter the record books by becoming the first player in the tournament’s 21-year history to retain the trophy.

Re: Volvo China Open > April 23rd - 26th Scott Hend @ 44 Betfair Although a new location for this event, the Tomson Shanghai Pudong Golf Club has actually been used on Tour before in the BMW Asian Open. One man who has a tidy record in that event is Hend, who was 3rd in 2008 and 9th the year before. He has been in contention a few times of late, notably always in Asia, so I think that he can have another good showing this week. One thing I will say though is that accuracy off the tee is reportedly much more important around here, so if there was one mark against the Aussie, it's that. Matteo Manaserro @ 111 Bet365 One man who thrives on accuracy over distance is Manaserro and he showed some glimpses of a return to form last week. He remains an incredibly talented golfer and with accuracy providing greater rewards this week it could well help the Italian get back into the winner's circle. Marco Crespi @ 201 Various No man in the field this week has a better driving accuracy stat than Crespi. He's hitting just shy of 80% of fairways this year and a share of 4th last week is very encouraging. He's a winner on tour so is capable of getting it done and frankly I find these odds confusing. Not that I'll complain, as a man who comes here in good form and is very straight off the tee is a fantastic proposition at these odds.

Re: Volvo China Open > April 23rd - 26th Tournament preview: 1pt ew R.Fisher to win China Open 35/1 Paddy Power (1/4 1-5) Driving the ball is going to be vital this week. The longer you hit it while keeping it straight the better because there are three par fours over 450 yards on this track and the longer hitters will hit shorter clubs into the three 200+ yard par threes too. One man who always drives the ball well is Ross Fisher and I like him this week off the back of a very solid effort last week. He drove the ball really well and found a lot of greens and putted well too and but for an indifferent second round he would have been a lot closer to the title. I’ll let him off that though as he hadn’t played for a while but that effort can have shaken off all the rust and now I think Fisher, second in Shanghai at the BMW Masters last year, is primed for another strong tilt at a title. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/china-open-betting-big-hitting-englishman-can-drive-his-way-to-the-volvo-title

Re: Volvo China Open > April 23rd - 26th Top player previews: 1pt ew S.Hend Top Rest of the World Player 14/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Whenever a long course comes around, especially in Asia, I like Scott Hend and even though a 72nd hole bogey cost me a share of a payout with him last week he gets the nod in this market. He can overpower some of the holes on this course and is long enough to be comfortable on the long par threes and fours which is a big factor. I’m not sure how relevant it is given that it was in 2007 and 2008 but he has two top 10 finishes on this course but it is nice to have anyway. He’s going well enough this season to suggest he’s overpriced at 14/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/china-open-betting-australian-looks-overpriced-in-the-rest-of-the-world-field 1pt ew A.Quiros Top Continental European 20/1 Stan James (1/4 1-4) Alvaro Quiros landed a back door place for me in this market last week despite a bit of a disastrous third round but he found something in the final round which if he takes into this week he could go well. Quiros finished with a 63 last week, a round which contained no fewer than 11 birdies so if he cuts out the simple errors this course should treat him well. He has the length to tame the longer holes and the quality to take advantage of the shorter ones and at 20/1 he offers decent value in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/china-open-betting-lengthy-spaniard-worth-taking-again