** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th 4pts Aston Villa (+1.75AH) to beat Man City 1.95 Bet365 I actually fancy Man City to edge this match but the value has to be on the huge Asian handicap Aston Villa have on their side. City never needed to get out of first gear last week so we can’t exactly say they are back to form. Villa lack consistency but under Tim Sherwood they don’t lack for heart and commitment and I think they’ll go at City here and that has been a successful ploy against them for teams recently. City may well win but I don’t think we’ll lose the lot with Villa on the Asians. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-aston-villa-betting-asian-lines-might-be-giving-too-much-to-the-visitors

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th The only thing that is putting me off betting Villa here is that they still might be riding the high of the Cup victory and maybe have not been as focussed toward their preparation for this league fixture. I can see Tim Sherwood being the type of person to either bollock a team or praise them very highly, and I imagine it was much of the latter after the semi-final victory last weekend. But then on the other hand, Villa should be going into this game confident and thinking they can get all 3 points here. Obviously they will be looking to hit City on the break and if this was last year's City's team (or even the one in the first half of the season) - I would be all over City-1.75 but a lot has changed in the City team since then. The players basically know the league is out of reach and the manager is a gonner in the summer. I can't really see them trying to put this game to bed if they go a goal or even 2 up, and with Benteke finding his scoring boots again, he is always worth a goal.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th Aston Villa are playing much better under Tim Sherwood but this is still a trip to one of the best teams in the country. Man City have always been a force at home and that's no different, they have comfortably won there last 4 games at home, scoring 10 goals and conceding 0. I fancy Manchester City to win to nil again this time with Villa still in dream land.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th Manchester City v Aston Villa Manchester City: Kompany (23/0 d), Clichy (23/1 d), Jovetic (17/5 f), Nasri (23/2 m) Aston Villa: Agbonlahor (31/6 f, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Herd (0/0 m), Baker (10/0 d), Clark (25/1 d), Hutton (26/1 d), Kozak (0/0 f), Sinclair (7/1 m) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th Man CIty v Aston Villa TOTAL GLS/BTS....over 2.5 & yes (2.10 Bet365) Villa scored 2 goals(win) on Wembley, 1 (w)goal AWAY in Spurs, 3 (draw)gls HOME v QPR, 1 (L)g AWAY in UTD...then SWA 0... and again 3 games=8 goals So as Villa still not safe they might go for 1 or 2 goals trying to get some points and of course expect City will go for win in this one, they can score 2 or more

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th Premier League : Manchester City- Aston Villa Villa might normally be expected to let their intensity drop after that fine win over Liverpool last week and reaching the FA Cup final, but, they are only four points above the drop zone and the three teams immediately below them in the table all have a game in hand and there can be no let up. The Villans are completely turned around under Tim Sherwood and are simply not the same side that Paul Lambert left, what the new coach has done most of all is re-instill some self belief in his players, none more so than Christian Benteke who has scored nine in seven starts, including away to Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur and against Liverpool last week, so see no reason why he should be too worried about a City backline who conceded six to Crystal Palace and Manchester United (before a clean sheet against a West Ham team who have largely given up on their season) and who today will be without Gael Clichy and Vincent Kompany. Under Sherwood Villa have scored 15 goals in their last eight starts, after 12 in 24 EPL outings before his arrival and with City having conceded the first goal in 10 of their 23 home games this season and with Villa having scored 75% of their goals before the break, I see a huge opportunity for them to get an early goal/lead. I will put up, 1.5 units both to score at 1.90-2.05 general quote as my main bet, as a more speculative suggestion and given those goals/first half stats, both to score in the first half @ circa 5.0 ( 1 unit) also makes plenty of appeal.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th Manchester City vs Aston Villa – X2 @ 4.10 Marathonbet Manchester City got their top 4 bid back on track last weekend with a comfortable 2-0 win against West Ham. They have somewhat surprisingly capitulated in the second half of the season as they have now lost 6 of their last 9 competitive fixtures. That run of play saw both Arsenal and Manchester United leapfrog the Citizens for 2nd and 3rd place, though they can temporarily take back the 2nd spot with a win on Saturday. Aston Villa have shocked England en route to an F.A. Cup Final berth. Under former manager Paul Lambert, the Villains were sinking fast and struggling to find goals. But ever since the introduction of former Tottenham manager, Tim Sherwood, Villa have been on the up. They have now gone unbeaten in 6 of their last 8 competitive fixtures while managing to claim victory on 5 of those occasions. I will risk saying that Aston Villa will not lose tonight.

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa > Saturday April 25th

4pts Aston Villa (+1.75AH) to beat Man City 1.95 Bet365 I actually fancy Man City to edge this match but the value has to be on the huge Asian handicap Aston Villa have on their side. City never needed to get out of first gear last week so we can’t exactly say they are back to form. Villa lack consistency but under Tim Sherwood they don’t lack for heart and commitment and I think they’ll go at City here and that has been a successful ploy against them for teams recently. City may well win but I don’t think we’ll lose the lot with Villa on the Asians. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-aston-villa-betting-asian-lines-might-be-giving-too-much-to-the-visitors
Well called kh :ok