** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May

kevshat

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Haven't put any match bets on yet but have 4 outrights for the tournament Ding at 16/1 Murphy at 20/1 (got this a few months ago when he had 3 147 attempts making one of them) Ronnie at 13/5 Trump at 6/1 Only Robertson can spoil my bet IMO and looking at the form he was in his first round match I'm beginning to think I should have backed him - looks formidable right now.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May

Haven't put any match bets on yet but have 4 outrights for the tournament Ding at 16/1 Murphy at 20/1 (got this a few months ago when he had 3 147 attempts making one of them) Ronnie at 13/5 Trump at 6/1 Only Robertson can spoil my bet IMO and looking at the form he was in his first round match I'm beginning to think I should have backed him - looks formidable right now.
Not sure how you've split your stake but, effectively, you're on those 4 at odds on, around 9/10. Adding Robbo in would have made it a crazy bet; not really worth the returns IMO backing odds on on a 17+ day bet.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May First round bets finishing position of +16.40pts. Happy with that but this is where it'll fall apart!! M.Selby v A.McGill, winning margin under 4.5 frames, 3pts @ 11/10 Paddy Power Both of these players prevailed in a deciding frame in their opening matches and I think this one could be close too. Selby is the champ and whilst I expect him to play better than he did against Maflin, he did look vulnerable especially with all this talk of the champions curse. McGill meanwhile was fully deserving of his victory against fellow countryman Stephen Maguire and, whilst he nearly threw it away, that century in the decider was out of the top drawer and proved he could play under the most intense of pressure. He seems a consistent & level headed player and that makes me think it'll be tight. Both are battlers and neither are what I'd class as streaky players. We have 13-9 or above on our side and that seems a reasonable line to be taking odds against.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Top work guys :clap Thursday previews: 5pts M.Selby vs A.McGill - Over 20.5 frames 7/10 Coral These two met in the German Masters earlier in the season and Selby won that one on a deciding frame and I have to admit I think this one will be close too. I was impressed with McGill in the first round. Not just that stunning century he made in the final frame but he scored well prior to that and battled hard. That bodes well for him here so I’m confident we’ll go beyond the third mid-session interval here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-mcgill-betting-opening-second-round-match-looks-likely-to-be-close 4pts J.Higgins to beat D.Junhui 6/4 Coral Ding’s record here isn’t pretty and I don’t think it is going to get any better either because I fancy Higgins in this match. I’ve already backed Higgins to win the tournament but even so I can’t resist 6/4 on the Scot over this distance and especially after what I saw in the first round. Ding’s game doesn’t look great at the minute whereas Higgins is hitting the ball nicely. He may not run away with this but I do fancy Higgins to come through. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-higgins-betting-higgins-can-progress-to-the-quarter-finals-at-ding-s-expense

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Friday previews: 4pts G.Dott to beat S.Bingham 11/8 Betfred On what we saw in the first round and how they’ve both played in the last month or so the case for Graeme Dott doesn’t really need much answering here. We shouldn’t expect Bingham to be as bad as he was in the first round. Clearly he was under the weather but whether he can improve enough to match Dott is another question. Dott is in good nick and match sharp and knows how to come through this event. Those are key things and that’s why I like him here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dott-vs-bingham-betting-scot-looks-good-value-to-defeat-disappointing-bingham 5pts B.Hawkins vs M.Allen - Over 21.5 frames 3/4 Coral These two played in this round of the tournament in 2011 and Allen won an absolute epic 13-12 and this one is likely to be close as well. In many ways these two are fairly similar players. Both have an adequate safety game and both can get in from distance and score heavily when they are in. I think I’ll always have doubts over Hawkins’ ability to win from the front but he’s excellent with his back against the wall and that only adds to my confidence in this one having more than 21.5 frames. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hawkins-vs-allen-betting-even-second-round-tie-should-be-a-lengthy-one

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Probably a bit of an obvious one and I'm sure that all the "shrewdies" will be on it anyway, but Graeme Dott to beat Stuart Bingham at anything above Evens was always going to be a play, let alone at the 11/8 with Stan James and a few others. Fill yer boots.... as they say!

Not sure how you've split your stake but' date=' effectively, you're on those 4 at odds on, around 9/10. Adding Robbo in would have made it a crazy bet; not really worth the returns IMO backing odds on on a 17+ day bet.[/quote']Yeah, not going to add Robbo in now but I wish I'd backed him instead of Ronnie (just not good enough value) and have 2 players from both sides of the draw. I'll win the least if Ronnie wins, win a bit more if Ding wins and win the most if Murphy or Trump win.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Ding Junhui vs John Higgins over 22.5 frames 11/10 paddy power Match to go to a deciding frame 9/2 paddy power Higgins to win first four frames 3-1 11/4 paddy power Higgins to win first four frames outright 21/10 paddy power Higgins to win first seesion 5-3 2/1 paddy power This has got final frame written all over it as there is not much between them Ding seems to struggle at this event so Higgins might have a chance of winning I expect it to be close Higgins is playing well and can give Ding a game and I dont know who will win the match

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May I'm going against the Higgins grain tonight. D.Junhui to beat J.Higgins, first 4 frames, 2pts @ 7/4 Betfred D.Junhui to beat J.Higgins, race to 3 frames, 4pts @ 4/5 Boylesports I fancy Ding here to start well. This, I admit, is contrary to their first round fortunes where Ding went 4 down to Mark Davis whilst Higgins raced into a 3-1 lead over Milkins. However, this bet is made out of the 'break' they've both had. Looking at the last 16 matches 12 months ago, all the players that finished their 1st round last started the better and would have brought in the race to 3 frames bet. Higgins hasn't played since Sunday whilst Ding didn't finish until Tuesday and, what I like about Ding, is that he improved through the match having started very poorly. We'll know our fate early and whilst I can't call the match result, I do like Ding to come out of the blocks quickly.

Ding Junhui vs John Higgins over 22.5 frames 11/10 paddy power Match to go to a deciding frame 9/2 paddy power Higgins to win first four frames 3-1 11/4 paddy power Higgins to win first four frames outright 21/10 paddy power :D Higgins to win first seesion 5-3 2/1 paddy power :D This has got final frame written all over it as there is not much between them Ding seems to struggle at this event so Higgins might have a chance of winning I expect it to be close Higgins is playing well and can give Ding a game and I dont know who will win the match
Two bets canme through for me already

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Saturday previews: 4pts N.Robertson (-3.5 frames) to beat A.Carter 10/11 William Hill If Carter can sustain his form over three days the lack of pressure on him could see him really competitive in this match but he really is going to have to be at his best to come through here because Robertson seems to enjoy playing him and has beaten him 4-0 and 6-1 in big tournaments since Carter returned from his cancer treatment. Robertson is ruthless and if he gets in front here I fancy him to pile enough pressure on Carter to pull away from him. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-carter-betting-australian-can-be-too-good-for-carter 4pts M.Stevens (+5.5 frames) to beat R.O'Sullivan Evs Spreadex I think this has the potential to be a really good match. O’Sullivan doesn’t look in absolute fantastic form that we associate him with but he certainly looks up for this tournament. Stevens always goes well here and played lovely in the first round and he looks in the mood to really give it to O’Sullivan in this match. Importantly Stevens beat O’Sullivan in the Welsh Open so he knows he can do it which is a big thing and I expect him to win at least eight frames before O’Sullivan’s extra class prevails. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-o-sullivan-betting-welshman-can-push-o-sullivan-closer-than-expected

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May S.Bingham to beat G.Dott, first 8 frames, 3pts @ 11/8 Betfred S.Bingham (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott, 4pts @ 10/11 William Hill Whilst Dott in my peoples eyes is the value, I like Bingham here. Dott came through a tough first round match knocking out seeded Ricky Walden but the Englishman missed some serious balls in that match and I honestly didn't think Dott looked the player he once was at the Crucible. On the other hand, Bingham struggled through against Robbie Williams but was clearly under the weather. A few days off will have helped him massively and I think he'll be better for that. He has a good recent record against Dott and should add to that. I'm keeping faith with the recent finish bet and going for Stuart to start well and win the first session too.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May M.Allen v B.Hawkins, over 14.5 50+ breaks, 4pts @ 11/10 Paddy Power Whilst it appears a high line, this has all the makings of a long match going all the way. As a minimum, I think we'll be looking at 22/23 frames and, if we do, this line should be covered. Only Ali Carter scored more 50+ breaks in the opening round than these 2. Ali hit 9, these 2 both hit 8 each and that was in matches where 10 frames got you over the winning line. On the basis, that's a 50 in 80% of the frames they won, we'd only need a 13-6 either way for this line to be covered. I know you can't necessarily apply that principle but we have 2 open players, both scoring well and both well matched; I fancy this line to come in.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Top work on Bingham mate :clap. Sunday previews: 4pts S.Murphy (-3.5 frames) to beat J.Perry 11/10 Paddy Power When I looked in advance at the draw I thought this could be a tight second round match but after the first round I’m not so convinced. Perry eased past Zhang Anda but he only made three breaks over 50 despite having a 7-0 lead at one stage. He is going to have to do an awful lot better than that to compete here because Murphy scored like a dream. He had two tons, another which was denied by an in off screwing from black to yellow and runs of 59, 62 and 64. He looks in really good form and I fancy Murphy to win this a frame or two easier than I originally expected. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/perry-vs-murphy-betting-masters-champion-can-fly-past-perry 4pts J.Trump (-3.5 frames) to beat M.Fu 10/11 William Hill I’m a little concerned for Marco Fu in this match I have to admit. He finished his first round match last Sunday morning and starts this one a whole week later so it will feel like a different tournament to him unlike Trump who finished on Thursday afternoon and will feel part of the event. The other reason I worry for Fu is he never really looked on top form with his scoring and that is so often the gauge for where his game is. He simply can’t win this match, or even stay close, if he doesn’t score and so for that reason I expect Trump to win here and win with plenty in hand. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/fu-vs-trump-betting-former-finalist-looks-to-have-all-the-tools-to-see-off-fu

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Cheers Kev :ok Struggling to find much value in the Robbo v Carter match, but found 1 I like. A.Carter to draw with N.Robertson, first 4 frames, 3pts @ 2/1 Betfred A.Carter to beat N.Robertson, first 4 frames, 1pt @ 5/1 Betfred Whilst people assume Robbo is always a quick starter, that's not the case in the last 16 at the Crucible. There's something about the wait between rounds that doesn't sit well with the Aussie and, looking back, he's not been ahead at the first mid session interval at this stage of the tournament since 2006. Add to that he hasn't played since Monday, it's a pretty long wait. Even on Monday, he only managed 3 frames as he disposed Jamie Jones easily 10-2. Carter, I felt, looked in decent nick in the first round and I think he'll start well here. Come the 3rd session, I think Robbo will prove too strong but until then, I don't expect there to be much in it. I fancy 2-2 at the interval but also covering a Carter lead too just in case.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May I don't really like big bets in Ronnie matches as you never know what 'head' he's going to have on so just the 1 smallish bet. M.Stevens to hit high break v R.O'Sullivan, 2pts @ 3/1 SportingBet We all know about Ronnie's credentials for high breaks but Stevens is no stranger to a century or 2. That, in itself, gives this bet a chance. We've no idea about Ronnie's state of mind and, as Kev has mentioned, he doesn't look in the greatest of form. I'm sure he'll continue to entertain & score well but I wouldn't be surprised if Stevens frustrates him. Stevens is also a great break builder and hit 2 in his opening round in a 10-2 demolition of his fellow countryman, Mark Williams. In a 2 horse race where both are more than capable, 3/1 looks too big so I'm happy to be on for small stakes.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Matthew Stevens vs Ronnie O Sullivan over 20.5 frames 4/5 paddy power over 2.5 centuries 4/5 paddy power 147 in the match 11/1 paddy power This should be a great match as Ronnie is really not at his best and Stevens was impressive against Williams but he would really have to play well just to beat the five times world champion

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May J.Perry v S.Murphy, over 21.5 frames, 4pts @ Evs Coral Odds on elsewhere, I take the Evs Coral are offering on this line. Joe Perry has had his best ever season whilst Shaun Murphy looks in fine form too, so I expect this will be a really good game. Joe's a battler and I just don't see him allowing Murphy to run away with this. Both of these won easily in the first round and, whilst you can argue Murphy looked in better form, I think Joe's safety play and tightish game won't quite be to Murphy's liking, as was the case against Hull in Round 1. Perry took O'Sullivan to 24 frames last year at this stage, having been 11-9 up. I'll be cheering Joe on in this match but, whichever way, I think we'll see at least 22 frames with a 13-9 or better scoreline needed. J.Trump to beat M.Fu, first 8 frames, 5pts @ 5/6 Boylesports J.Trump (-4.5 frames) to beat M.Fu, 4pts @ 6/5 William Hill I strongly fancy Judd here & think he could run away with this match. He looked in fine fettle in Round 1 hitting 9 50+ breaks and overcame what I thought was a tough game against the impressive Stuart Carrington. He needs to improve, for sure, but I think he will. Marco meanwhile struggled to beat Jimmy Robertson and, despite the break building, the overall quality was awful. If Marco plays like that, Trump will murder him. The other big worry for Marco is that he hasn't teed it up for a full week whilst Judd's only had a couple of days off the table. You can't underestimate match fitness so that's another reason to back Judd, and that backs up the first session bet. In their respective 8 frames in round 1, Judd was 6-2 up whilst Marco was level at 4-4. The last time they met here was at this stage 2 years ago and Judd came through 13-7 that day. I fancy a repeat of that and hope he takes this comfortably en route to a QF with Ding Junhui.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Quarter final previews: 4pts A.McGill (+4.5 frames) to beat S.Murphy 5/6 Coral These two have played some excellent snooker so far. They met at the China Open earlier in the month and that went to a decider and the way the two have played in this tournament I fancy this one to be quite close too. McGill has shown he isn’t scared of the occasion or the big name opponents and he has played some really astute snooker. Murphy does give opponents chances and while I think the former champion will win I expect McGill to stay right with him for a large period. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/mcgill-vs-murphy-betting-scottish-newcomer-can-push-the-magician-all-the-way 4pts D.Junhui vs J.Trump - Over 3.5 centuries 6/5 Bet365 I’m really looking forward to this match. This has the potential to go all the way and if it does we are sure to be in for some fantastic snooker. Both men score like a dream so big breaks are almost guaranteed in this one and I quite like the idea of there being more than 3.5 centuries. Given how well both score when their chances come along they will have to make full use of them or risk losing the frame. That should ensure breaks are big when they arrive. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-trump-betting-pick-of-the-quarter-finals-should-be-littered-with-big-breaks 4pts B.Hawkins vs N.Robertson - Over 15.5 50+ breaks Evs Paddy Power This is a match I fancy to be quite close and one which will be full of big breaks because they are both scoring so well in the tournament. Hawkins had three tons against Allen in the last round and Robertson had four against Carter so we’re sure to see a number of big breaks and frames won in one visit. That leads me to think the over 15.5 50+ breaks is a good thing here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-hawkins-betting-big-breaks-can-come-naturally-in-quarter-final 4pts R.O'Sullivan (-4.5 frames) to beat S.Bingham 4/5 Paddy Power I don’t think there will be too many one sided matches in this round but one match which could be is this one because I get the feeling O’Sullivan is bubbling under the surface of his best snooker and is waiting for the right time to bring it out. That time could well be here. This is a stellar line up in the quarter final and if there is a time to send a marker down it is now. I think he wins this with plenty in hand. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/bingham-vs-o-sullivan-betting-ronnie-can-cruise-into-the-semi-finals-in-sheffield

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Anthony McGill vs Shaun Murphy over 21.5 frames 4/5 paddy power Match to go to a deciding frame 5/1 paddy power 147 in the match 11/1 paddy power I think out of the quarter finals this is has to most interesting as they is no real favourite McGill is playing great snooker at the moment and is capable of winning this match but he is facing an opponent who is on top of his game and can all the way and win the whole thing so this match is too close to call and maybe it might go to final frame decider

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Good luck chaps :ok I'm a bit last minute but here's a couple for the first 2 matches. J.Trump to beat D.Junhui, first 8 frames, 3pts @ 13/10 Boylesports This should be a cracking match but I fancy Judd to start the quicker. So far, Ding has been 5-3 down after 8 frames in both his matches having been 4-1 down against Mark Davis & 5-1 down against Higgins. Judd, on the other hand, was 6-2 v Carrington and 5-3 up against Marco Fu. I think the other big thing to add is 'match fitness' and Judd only finished his 2nd round match yesterday so will be ready to go. I also think Judd will win too, he looks up for this and I fancy him to be ahead going into the 2nd session. S.Murphy to beat A.McGill, first 8 frames, 4pts @ 17/20 William Hill S.Murphy to beat A.McGill 6-2, first 8 frames, 1pt @ 6/1 Betfred S.Murphy to beat A.McGill 7-1, first 8 frames, 1pt @ 20/1 Betfred McGill has played brilliantly so far but I think this is the end of the road. Whilst he has 2 massive scalps in Maguire & Selby, neither of them were playing that well & that's not something we can say about Shaun Murphy. McGill has had a few days off and I think that will play to Murphy's advantage and Smurf will be looking for a fast start. After the 1st 8 frames, McGill was 4-4 with Selby and 5-3 up on Maguire. Murphy meanwhile was 7-1 up in both of his matches and, with the draw opening right up for him, he'll be focused on making a statement & getting this over with in the first session. Not only do I think he'll up 8 frames in, I think it could be comfortable so taking 2 correct score bets too.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May N.Robertson, over 2.5 centuries, v B.Hawkins, 5pts @ 11/8 Bet365 Cracking price for a player in cracking form, scoring as heavily as ever. Robbo has already hit 7 centuries in this year's tournament, 3 en route to beat Jamie Jones 10-2 and 4 in beating Ali Carter 13-5. Robbo has hit 56 centuries this season, 2nd only to Judd Trump, and the 3rd most in Ronnie on 43, some 13 back. Last season, he hit 103, the highest ever in a season & a feat unlikely to be matched anytime soon. What I like about Robbo is his desire to get to a century once the frame is won. Others like to bring out the exhibition shots but not Robbo who wants to clear up. I fancy him to dispose of Barry Hawkins comfortably & progress into another semi final and, assuming he wins the required 13 frames, I think he can convert 3 into tons.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May D.Junhui to hit highest break v J.Trump, 4pts @ 13/8 Boylesports With the 1st session over with, we've seen 1 break over 100. That was a 108 by Judd but I'm certain there's a bigger break left in this match. After an awful start, going 6-0 down, Ding won the last 2 frames of the session and, like previous matches, I expect him to stage a bit of a comeback. To do that, he'll need to score heavily which he is more than capable of doing. He had a 135 in his last match against Higgins. bigger than anything Trump has matched here this year. Like Robbo, Ding is necessarily fancy with his shots when making a break whereas Judd is the exhibitionist once the frame is won. As we've yet to witness the high break in this match, something I'm 95% sure of, there's no way Ding should be such a big price so happy to take them on the high break bet.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Judd Trump to win the World Championship 7/2 paddy power Name the finalists : Judd Trump vs Shaun Murphy 3/1 paddy power Straight Forecast betting : Judd Trump to beat Shaun Murphy 9/2 paddy power I think Trump is playing his best snooker in a very long time He seems to have improved every bit of his game like positioning and safety and he is not going for every shot as he used to do The way he is playing it is hard for someone to stop him winning his first world title also another player who has impressed me is Murphy who seems like Trump to playing his best snooker at just the right time

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Quick update after the QF bets have been settled. I'm at +25.64 for the match bets but -11.00 for the outrights, leaving me +14.64pts overall. Still have a 6/1 bet on Judd outright too :ok Looking forward to the semi finals, should be some great snooker.

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Top work mate :ok. Semi-final previews: 5pts S.Murphy vs B.Hawkins - Over 28.5 frames 4/5 Coral I think this one is set to be a really fascinating and high quality semi-final. I would fancy Hawkins to win this but he must start running low on reserves soon and it probably doesn’t help him that this semi-final has the two session day on Friday but I’m sure he will battle and that makes me confident this one will have more than 28.5 frames. Three of their last four matches in big events have gone to a decider and this one should go close to another. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-hawkins-betting-opening-semi-final-all-set-up-for-a-classic 5pts J.Trump vs S.Bingham - Over 20.5 50+ breaks 4/5 Paddy Power I think this will be a high scoring match. Both men have scored well in this tournament so far. In his quarter final Trump had ten breaks of 50 or more and in his last match Bingham had nine breaks of 50 or more so that is 19 for the 26 frames they won. I’m pretty confident once the two settle down there will be lots of one visit snooker in this match and with it likely to have around 30 frames at least the over 20.5 50+ breaks looks a touch low here. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-bingham-betting-second-semi-final-set-to-be-exciting

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Semi final preview : Shaun Murphy vs Barry Hawkins Murphy to win 17-14 10/1 paddy power 17-15 10/1 paddy power Over 3.5 centuries in the match 11/10 paddy power Over 21.5 match 50 breaks in the match evens paddy power 147 in the march 9/1 paddy power This match is going to be very close with some high scoring as these two can pile on the breaks They are playing fantastically well and are capable of winning this title if Hawkins can produce what he did in the previous rounds we could have a classic on our hands

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May B.Hawkins to beat S.Murphy, 2pts @ 2/1 Bet365 B.Hawkins (+2.5 frames) to beat S.Murphy, 3pts @ 6/5 Paddy Power As Kev states, Barry will be shattered but I still fancy him for this semi. He loves the Crucible, is solid under pressure and is a fighter. There's no way he's going to give this up after overcoming Robbo last night in that final frame. All 3 of his matches have been close and that iron nerve has stood him in good stead, last frame decider against Selt & Robbo and 13-11 over Mark Allen. Murphy, meanwhile, isn't playing as well as people are making out (in my opinion of course). Admittedly, he's won 3 matches convincingly and has scored a few tons en route. But, let's not kid ourselves; Hull & Perry did not do themselves justice and McGill probably just couldn't cope with the emotion & pressure being 1 session away from a semi final on his Crucible debut. Scoring-wise, Murphy has hit the fewest 50+ breaks over the remaining semi finalists, with just 20 in the 36 frames he has won. Contrast that with Hawkins' 24 or Judd Trump's 26 and you can see why I'm not that impressed. That said, I'll balance this by saying he's had a good season and should be the freshest going into this. At the prices though, I'll take Barry outright and on the 'cap. J.Trump, over 2.5 centuries, v S.Bingham, 5pts @ 5/4 Bet365 Quite simple for me, Judd is in cracking form and hitting them in off the lampshades. He'll be delighted to have avoided Ronnie and I'm sure he believes he's on the verge of a maiden Crucible crown. If he does win, he'll want to do it in style and that's why I like his chances of hitting 3 tons in this. Essentially, I think he'll have 17 chances at this as I believe he will win so we need a ton every 5.67 frames. In the QF, he hit 4 in 13 frames so statistically, he should do it. Ok, he'd only hit 3 before that in 23 frames but tournament average, he's at 1 every 5.14 frames (7 in 36) but, crucially, he's improving day by day. He's also hit 26 50+ breaks in the 36 frames he's won so he only needs to convert a few more of those and we'll be ok. I'm definitely looking forward to this match and in a 4 session match, I'm confident he'll hit 1 in at least 3 of them to bring this bet home.