** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May

kevshat

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Final preview: Murphy to win the first session 4-0 8/1 paddy power Murphy to win first four frames outright 7/5 paddy power Murphy to win first session outright evens paddy power The thing about this final is that it is either too close to call or the favourite will run away with and i think Murphy will run away with it because his opponent has had a tough match against Trump and he could be tired

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May Final preview: 5pts Over 4.5 centuries 3/4 Betway There is one price which I like the look of in this final and that is over 4.5 centuries. The way Murphy is scoring it is no exaggeration to say that he could cover this line on his own but I’m confident once Bingham settles down and adjusts to the occasion that he will score as well. Both men prefer getting the balls open and clearing them up and I fully expect to see a number of frames won in one visit and often with big breaks. The sponsors have put up £200 to charity for each ton in this tournament so the incentive is there for both men to continue to look to entertain in this final and given that the line basically reflects a need of one ton per session with an extra one on top somewhere it looks perfectly within reach. Both semi-finals covered this line and I expect the final to do the same as well. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-bingham-betting-englishmen-set-to-battle-it-out-for-the-title

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May S.Murphy (-3.5 frames) to beat S.Bingham, 4pts @ Evs SportingBet S.Murphy v S.Bingham, under 23.5 50+ breaks, 6pts @ 5/6 Skybet S.Bingham, under 1.5 centuries, v S.Murphy, 3pts @ 5/4 Bet365 Not the final everyone expected but should be a good one all the same. Shaun Murphy has had a dream run to the final and, in fairness, has played very well into the bargain. He's had a great season and is coming here the freshest after Bingo had to overcome a final frame with Judd Trump last night & a gruelling win over Ronnie in the quarters. Shaun meanwhile finished Hawkins off with almost a full session to spare. I think fatigue will play a part today and I wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy race out of the blocks again, putting the match to bed early. Therefore, I'm on the handicap at 3.5 frames, especially as 8 of the last 9 finals have covered this line. In terms of 50+ breaks, I understand the reason for 23.5 being the line but finals have a habit of not producing the same standard due to the tension. Assuming this final went the full 35 frame distance (which I don't think it will), we'd need 69% of the frames to have a 50+ break. Only once has that percentage been covered in the last 9 finals and that was when Ronnie went century crazy, hitting 6 and 14 50+ in the process. That's a standard I cannot see today. 10 of the last 18 finalists have failed to hit 2 centuries in the best of 35 match and, of the 8 to do it, this was split across 5 players and 5 of the best ton makers; Ronnie, Selby, Higgins, Trump & Hawkins. Of the 10 not to hit 2 tons, this list consists of Robbo, Selby, Higgins, Ronnie (x2), Dott (x2), Ebdon, Carter & Murphy himself. Only 2 of those 9 has seen both finalists hit 2 tons; Higgins v Selby and Ronnie v Hawkins. Murphy is smashing them easily enough so, of the 2, I'm guessing it will be Bingo who will struggle to get 2 tons and I'm happy to be on the Bingo unders here. Good luck everyone :ok

Re: World Championship - 18 Apr - 4 May

Final preview: Murphy to win the first session 4-0 8/1 paddy power Murphy to win first four frames outright 7/5 paddy power :D Murphy to win first session outright evens paddy power The thing about this final is that it is either too close to call or the favourite will run away with and i think Murphy will run away with it because his opponent has had a tough match against Trump and he could be tired
Well done to Bingham but i forgot about my bet that i won earlier