** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v FC Porto (19:45 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.36[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st I think this will be most interesting of all games this season. I hope there will TV broadcast in my country for this game and not Barca that it is decided already. Betting-wise I have no clue, asians and under/overs seem very tough and I will probably skip betting and just focus on enjoying the game. I like Bayern but root for the underdogs this time!

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st I think the odds on Porto are humiliating if not worse.It's true that they scored all of their 3 goals because of Bayern mistakes but still you cannot offer odds of 11(with bet365) for a team who has won the 1st fixture of the 1\4 finals in the CL by 3:1.I think Bayern is highly likely to go through but Porto showed that they are a team who must not be underrestimated.Personally,i will stay away from this fixutre but still it is totally not worthy to bet on Bayern at these odds.GL!

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st My chain of thought after reading that last post was it will be interesting to see how the spread firms price this game up. So far there's just one firm up with supremacy and total goals only which sees Bayern as 1.55 favourites and total goals at 3.25. That puts Porto in for 0.85 goals. It should be easy to place a bet that sees you profit if Porto score, e.g. total goals or goal rush, and time of first or second away goal should be pitched fairly high. Perhaps a buy of their total goal minutes at something like 45 may be worthy of consideration, given that they start with no need to score and their opportunities may increase later in the game if Bayern end up chasing. Just a thought, will wait to see how the game is priced up nearer the time.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st 4pts Over 3.5 goals 11/8 BetVictor This is set up to be one of those absolutely crazy second legs. Bayern Munich have to attack here but Porto showed last week that they can expose this defence of the German champions so I’m expecting to see a lot of goal action here. Bayern can win with a 2-0 scoreline but something tells me they are going to need to score three because I fancy Porto to score so over 3.5 goals looks a fair bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-porto-betting-second-leg-looks-set-up-to-be-high-scoring

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Should be a very exciting match. Everyone not only from FC Porto but also from Portugal in general is pumped for this one. FC Porto players look fully motivated here and even more there that piece of Germany x Portugal all over again, because Germany usually always wins against Portugal. FC Porto has some very important injuries here. Jackson Martinez will play 100% sure, but Alex Sandro and Danilo (both starter wing-backs are suspended) and Julen Lopetegui will have to do some changes. It is expected that Bruno Martins Indi starts as a left-back, while Marcano and Maicon will be the centre-backs (the usual). As right-back, chances are midfielder Herrera could do the spot, but youngster Ricardo Pereira could also fill the spot. If Herrera is the chosen one, midfield will be Casemiro, Evandro and Oliver. Upfront will 90% be Brahimi, Jackson Martinez and Quaresma. Brahimi and Quaresma are fast-paced technically gifted players and Jackson Martinez is a panzer. Chances are Hernani could also start instead of Brahimi due to his superior speed but highly unlikely. If FC Porto joins in without no fear and wanting to score at least once, I can see them qualifying here for a shocker. They were awful until December but the team has grown so well. They are excellent in ball recovery (if Bayern is good, FC Porto isn't far behind) and defensive organization, plus their attacking flow is much better now. Bayern had a lot of trouble against fast paced FC Porto counters and intelligence in recovering the ball and even though I expect Bayern to be much better and focused tomorrow, they will still make mistakes because the pressure is all over them. Bayern with a lot of absences. Looks like Lahm and Bastian are fully recovered. Ribery will possibly be on the bench but reports indicate that he will not play at all unless it is needed for a last minute gasp. Reports also indicate that Guardiola will play this one on a 3-4-3 with one/two centre-backs so that means something. He has been testing this model for a while in the Bundesliga matches with mixed results, but attacking flow looks far superior than the usually 4-3-3 variants. However, their defensive cohesion gets worse and that could be a big trouble against such an intelligent side in attack as FC Porto. Still losing 1-3 after first leg and with all those injuries, Bayern is still Bayern. They have a very strong initial eleven and with the Bundesliga almost secured players will play the season here and give 120%. Expecting a very focused team, wanting to have > 75% possession and employing much direct play after the first 10 minutes, where they will want to have the ball and secure some emotional stability that lacked in the last match. Pretty sure Guardiola already knows how to bypass that first pressure line of FC Porto, but they will still make mistakes once in a while. And that is where FC Porto can shine! My bet for this one is Bayern + BTTS @ 3.00 for a 4/10 stake on some bookies. Honestly, I can't see anything else than a Bayern win, but that does not make them tie winners, because I can clearly see FC Porto scoring here and 2-1 is enough for the Portuguese side to go through. Even 3-1 gives us an overtime, but pressure will always be against Bayern there and a FC Porto means that they will need 2 to get ahead. FC Porto will be even more cautious than in the first leg but their counter-attacks will be very dangerous as always. Bayern will employ 3-4-3, will sometimes go all out attack and will leave their backline exposed to fierce counterattacking from FC Porto. Jackson Martinez and Quaresma are in big form and I can definitely see Porto scoring at least once. However, Bayern is still Bayern with all those injuries and even if FC Porto scores first I expect Bayern to score at least twice as their attacking flow will be gigantic during some specific moments. They also have the home factor, Champions League experience and FC Porto are without both starter wing-backs. Even with all the motivation and inspiration that I feel the Dragões will have tomorrow, it will still be tough not to lose. But that does not mean they will not qualify...and I hope they do. Let's go FC Porto!

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Yes, Porto and Benfica have always impressed me, with the way they buy people and sell them for large amounts, and keep replacing them. They both play the game the correct way, and usually have interesting players, so hopefully Porto go through. And it'll be lovely to see Neuer and company sent packing.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st

It should be easy to place a bet that sees you profit if Porto score' date=' e.g. total goals or goal rush, and time of first or second away goal should be pitched fairly high. Perhaps a buy of their total goal minutes at something like 45 may be worthy of consideration, given that they start with no need to score and their opportunities may increase later in the game if Bayern end up chasing. Just a thought, will wait to see how the game is priced up nearer the time.[/quote'] I've bought Porto's total goal minutes at 45 with SPIN (49 elsewhere). Still thinking along the same lines about the game and it's encouraging to see so many on here liking the prospects of an away goal. For what it's worth (given the quality of tomorrow's opponents), Porto's total goal minutes away from home in this competition have been 179 at Shakhtar, 128 at Bilbao, 210 at Borisov and 79 at Basel.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Bayern München v FC Porto Bayern München: Bernat (28/1 m, doubtful), Alaba (19/2 d), Benatia (13/1 d), Javi Martínez (0/0 m), Robben (21/17 m, top scorer), Starke (0/0 g), Ribéry (15/5 m) FC Porto: Alex Sandro (24/1 d), Danilo (25/5 d), Tello (24/7 f, 2nd top scorer) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Bayern Munich to qualify @ 2 Bayern Munich worst defending performance of the season let them down last week. But then how often do we see 3 school boy errors from a team like Bayern in 1 game? If there is a team who can do the great escape, I believe it's going to be Bayern. They have Guardiola and a pair of strikers(Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller) who is still functioning pretty well. They've been involved in 11 of Bayern's last 12 Bundesliga goals. Porto were excellent last week. Both fullbacks Danilo and Alex Sandro will be suspended. They have alot of depth in midfield but I can't say the same for the defence, especially the fullbacks. Bayern are a huge threat in wide areas, where Guardiola loves to create overloads. This could be problematic for Porto playing with makeshift fullbacks. This should be a tighter game than last week but Bayern should just edge it and qualify.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st I've read about alot of comments with Bayern Munchen they are getting worst right now. But I bet they can still qualify at the UCL semi-finals, they still remain unbeaten at home. And playing at home were one of their strength.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st From the first game I've only watched a video with the high-lights but I think that was enough for me to understand the party that happens in each defense whenever the other team attacks. Tonight both teams will play again with absences in the defense and since they both have such quality in the attacking part I believe BTTS is a safe bet! As it concerns who is going to qualify, last week I was thinking to bet on Bayern as I thoought that it's easy for them to take a 2-0 game in their home but i'm not so sure anymore. This year Bayern isn't the threat it used to be in Europe and since I believe Porto will score at least one goal I'm going to back them in that part. BTTS @ 1.74 Marathonbet Porto to qualify @ 1.85 Marathonbet

I think the odds on Porto are humiliating if not worse.It's true that they scored all of their 3 goals because of Bayern mistakes but still you cannot offer odds of 11(with bet365) for a team who has won the 1st fixture of the 1\4 finals in the CL by 3:1.I think Bayern is highly likely to go through but Porto showed that they are a team who must not be underrestimated.Personally' date='i will stay away from this fixutre but still it is totally not worthy to bet on Bayern at these odds.GL![/quote'] With this reasoning the odds on Bayern sounds good.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st The first leg was pretty bizarre, Dante showed again that he can be very error-prone hardly a top level centre back but with the current injury list they have few options I don't think he will play tonight though after his recent gaffes. Not sure how much of an impact the missing full backs will have with Bayern missing their two natural wingers in Ribery and Robben and Shaqiri moved on to pastures new, it will rely a lot on Bernat and Rafinha to provide width down the flanks - relying on your full backs in this way will give Porto opportunity to hit them on the break. I don't think Porto are anything special but if they stick to a solid game plan they could go through, you would imagine they will need to score though, they also had the advantage of resting virtually the entire starting XI at the weekend. Bild have predicted the following line-up: Neuer; Refinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Bernat; Alonso, Lahm, Thiago; Muller, Gotze; Lewandowski. Robben completed 45mins individual training yesterday and has prompted rumours in the German press but is unlikely to be involved with no first team training behind him, Ribery more likely to be on bench of the two. I've had a small bet on Bayern qualifying, think they will find a way but looks 50/50 really. Bayern to Qualify - 2.0 - spreadex - 1 Point

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Bayern – Porto – To Win To Nil – Bayern Munich at 2.28 @ Marathonbet Bayern Munich disappointed in the first leg, where they ended up losing 3:1 making it extremely hard to advance in the next round. After only a couple of minutes Xabi Alonso and Dante had made crucial mistakes leading to two goals for Porto. There will be no room for that kind of mistakes in the second leg, where the Bayern players are forced forward, as they need to score at least two goals. It is obvious that Pep Guardiola is missing some crucial players, but he can still line up with a world class squad. It is also expected that Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger will be in the squad. FC Porto surprised everyone in the first leg, as they were better than Bayern at some stages of the game. The Porto players managed to pressure the Germans in the build up play, and that was really important in terms of getting the win. Jackson Martinez was also an important player. He returned from injury, but still he caused the Bayern defenders quite some trouble with his strength. But there is no doubt that it will be a completely different game in the Allianz Arena, where Bayern will have all the support they need.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st TBH, I don't see much value betting on Baryern to qualify ; Bayern to qualify or go to extra time needs a 2 goal difference (most likely 2-0 or 3-1), so with Bayern -1 (which currently has a very similar odd) you also cover the possibility of Bayern winning 3-1 and then losing on ET/Penalties. So to me Bayern -1 has more value than Bayern to qualify, so I took Bayern -1 @2 on Betfair.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Hello! Very rare are the cases that i smell the money coming as this one... Bayern to QUALIFY @1.95 offered by bet365 I expect something like 3-0 or 4-0 Bayern are monsters, although they did mistakes in first leg. But the southeuropeans of Porto are hopeless tonight Here i place my money with pleasure. I DONT FEAR to lose. But tonight i will win together with the monsters SEE you with cash in pockets. Dont even to consider to postpone such a betting adventure 10/10 ciao!

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st I don't think everyone here understands that this is not Bayern 2011- 2013 that humiliated Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate and went on to win the Champions league. This is a completely different team - new coach, new playing style, a lot of new players. This Bayern team has proved so far that it is way inferior to Bayern 2011 - 2013.

Hello! Very rare are the cases that i smell the money coming as this one... Bayern to QUALIFY @1.95 offered by bet365 I expect something like 3-0 or 4-0 Bayern are monsters, although they did mistakes in first leg. But the southeuropeans of Porto are hopeless tonight Here i place my money with pleasure. I DONT FEAR to lose. But tonight i will win together with the monsters SEE you with cash in pockets. Dont even to consider to postpone such a betting adventure 10/10 ciao!
Would you not be better to take Bayern -1 as they would need to score 2 more to qualify, plus you are eliminating the possible 3-1 4-2 scoreline, price is basically the same.

Wasn't he supposed to be back at the end of May?
you tell me...reports from Germany are saying that he will definitely play. So confused now. But if he plays, Bayern should be on favourites pre-KO to qualify IMO.

you tell me...reports from Germany are saying that he will definitely play. So confused now. But if he plays, Bayern should be on favourites pre-KO to qualify IMO.
Robben did individual training for 45mins yesterday, so he is by no means fit highly unlikely he will play from what I have read. Press took some photos of him running at the training ground and took it that he could be fit to play, he hasn't trained with the first team squad. Ribery to be on the bench looks more likely.

Re: FC Bayern München v FC Porto > Tuesday April 21st Yo, here's my sh1t. Bayern ducked up in da last game. Dante gave away two goals by himself. Plus the red card fiasco.. If Robben does play which I hardly doubt then I would back bayern huge. At the moment the win odds are too low. I was tempted by the -1 goal diff, but on this occasion I think bayern to qualify is better odd's. Back bayern to qualify at 2.1 betfair.