** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

*** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June ***

Aidymac

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 3rd Leg May 18th *

Tried for 40 mins to get the software to work but my laptop wouldn't seem to have it so had to miss out. Shame. Good luck all.
You probably need to download again from their website (the link in post 1 will take you to the right place) as the recent update doesn't seem to work without starting from scratch. :ok

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 3rd Leg May 18th * Bump. Don't forget to reg for tomorrows game, reminder there is just 10 minutes of late reg and registration is open the whole week before each game. Also don't forget you can win automatic entry into the final in every leg, so you don't need to have played the first 2 games, but the more games you play - the better your chance of a leaderboard final place. All still to play for, get involved :ok

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 4th Leg May 25th * Nothing to separate us HU, a great battle, could easily have gone either way. Needed a couple of big classic flips to sort it out and luck fell my way on this occasion. ul but vwp Kev :notworthy And once again I have to say huge kudos to a member, this time Haichan, for folding big hands and using his clock HU whilst waiting for me to reconnect. So easy to just blind your opponent out in that situation, but as is the PL way, Haichan is a completely genuine sportsman, a gent & a scholar. Very much appreciated sir and may Karma smile down fondly on your Grand Prix run :hope

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 4th Leg May 25th * If we get 30 or more entries in the last leg next week (Bank holiday), I will place a bounty on my own head. Value of bounty will be determined by me on a whim at the time but will be in excess of the buyin and most likely a multiple of it. 35 have played so far, we have 51 in the facebook group and many hundreds of poker playing members (although admittedly not all currently active). Get involved and make me pay! Registration is open all week.

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 4th Leg May 25th * Bump, only 6 regged so far with just a few hours left before the start. A very generous prizepool of added seats has been provided by our sponsors & friends at Grosvenor Poker and we'd very much like to turn this into another long-term partnership like we had before with lots of different members representing the forum playing Grosvenor events around the country, but we as a forum have to step up and do our bit. We want people to reg because they want to play, they want to be a part of something big, they want a chance of playing a huge well structured live event for many £0,000's or they just want to have a bit of fun & banter with their friends on a Monday night. We don't want anyone to feel forced to play and family always come first, but we do want to spread this further than just the same small band of core members that always turn out to support PuntersLounge.com in everything it does. Although we do love & have huge respect for those core people :notworthy There is no greater buzz in UK poker than sitting down at a GUKPT main event, the Goliath or 25/25 series (effectively a mini-GUKPT) event, knowing you got there cheaply, you have the full support of all your forum friends railing you and a genuine chance of life-changing winnings. I'd love for more forum members to experience that thrill for themselves. Some of those playing tonight will and I hope many more to come. Good luck, thanks to all those supporting, it's always very much appreciated and above all else have fun!

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - 4th Leg May 25th *

Bump, only 6 regged so far with just a few hours left before the start. A very generous prizepool of added seats has been provided by our sponsors & friends at Grosvenor Poker and we'd very much like to turn this into another long-term partnership like we had before with lots of different members representing the forum playing Grosvenor events around the country, but we as a forum have to step up and do our bit. We want people to reg because they want to play, they want to be a part of something big, they want a chance of playing a huge well structured live event for many £0,000's or they just want to have a bit of fun & banter with their friends on a Monday night. We don't want anyone to feel forced to play and family always come first, but we do want to spread this further than just the same small band of core members that always turn out to support PuntersLounge.com in everything it does. Although we do love & have huge respect for those core people :notworthy There is no greater buzz in UK poker than sitting down at a GUKPT main event, the Goliath or 25/25 series (effectively a mini-GUKPT) event, knowing you got there cheaply, you have the full support of all your forum friends railing you and a genuine chance of life-changing winnings. I'd love for more forum members to experience that thrill for themselves. Some of those playing tonight will and I hope many more to come. Good luck, thanks to all those supporting, it's always very much appreciated and above all else have fun!
Excellent post Bart

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June ** Well done Andy :clap League table is updated in the first post and after a tight game tonight the 6 qualifiers (on top of the 3 winners of a leg) are confirmed. Well done and good luck in the final next week (same day, same time, same structure as legs :ok) We'll send details to Grosvenor and let you all know how to register for the final. [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=class: xl71][/TD] [TD=class: xl69, width: 150]PLUsername[/TD] [TD=class: xl70, width: 150]Grosvenor[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]1[/TD] [TD=class: xl72]youngy75[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]Y0ungy75[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]2[/TD] [TD=class: xl72]andybell666[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]andybell1977[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]3[/TD] [TD=class: xl72]Bart(UK)[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]PunterBart[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]4[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]Haichan[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]Haichan16[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]5[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]thebestthere[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]GloryDays1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]6[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]avongirl[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]avongirlGC[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]7[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]reb33[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]PLMango[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]8[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]glennop[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]GHOP11[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl68, align: right]9[/TD] [TD=class: xl73]Kevathallam[/TD] [TD=class: xl67]KevatG[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Big thank you to all who have supported the league this month. :ok

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June ** Well done all those that qualified for next week's final. Tough decision for me - Aruba in the Caribbean or Coventry in August!!! So as I can't make the Goliath, if I happen to finish 2nd or 3rd next week I will donate my Goliath ticket to the 4th place finisher.

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June **

Well done all those that qualified for next week's final. Tough decision for me - Aruba in the Caribbean or Coventry in August!!! So as I can't make the Goliath, if I happen to finish 2nd or 3rd next week I will donate my Goliath ticket to the 4th place finisher.
well done to Qualifiers. Generous offer. How could you resist Coventry in August. Guarenteed no sunstroke.

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June ** Good fun again tonight, love the friendship & banter we have :ok Congratulations & good luck to our 3x members who will be playing live Grosvenor events later on this year, run good run deep :hope Big thanks again for everyone taking part. Aidy is currently sorting out a potential continuation with a league for June. He will be looking at improving the blinds and hosting it on a different school night (to give others/everyone a chance). There is a (very) short space of time in which things can be changed to improve the league, so please do get involved and provide (constructive) feedback/suggestions here in the forum. I'm sure Aidy & Grosvenor will do all they can to incorporate as many as possible.

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June ** Result of this month's final, good luck at the live events. :clap A deal was agreed at the table between the final 3, (Andy, Kev and Helen) for the 2 runners up to take 10% of the winner of the 25/25 ticket, so that leaves Kev and myself with 10% of Andy at whichever live event he chooses and 80% for himself. :ok 2vtr7g6.jpg

Re: *** Grosvenor Poker League starts 4th May - £440 Added Value - Final 1st June **

I have a suggestion...obviously after the 1st week number dwindle as people have less chance to qualify for the final. what about some sort of bonus points for taking part in all 4 weeks?
Potential problem with this is that it actually becomes a demotivator to play for those who know they cannot play all 4? Maybe we could try a slight twist on this, something like an added 5 points for playing a leg (like PPmag often do)? (Would have to look at how to amend spreadsheet :lol)