** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Manchester United (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.04[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th With games running out for their rivals, I think Chelsea will be more than happy with getting 2 points from the next 2 games(Man Utd and Arsenal). While they gain 1, they are making their rivals lose 2. Imo, 80 points should be enough for the title. Mourinho is likely to adopt a more park a bus tactic to do this. I'm leaning on the under 2.5 goals for now.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Man U can actually sneak a win here. They're in red hot form, and Chelsea can come unstuck here. Mourinho's record at the bridge has to fall sometime. No better chance of that happening than this game. Man u will be going all out. I'm going for a United win. 3.80 @Bet365

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th I really hope the lads will win on Saturday. If there is a team that can beat Chelsea at the bridge atm is United. I don't think this will be a low scoring game - just one out of last 5 games at the bridge between these two finished under 2,5 goals. I can't see United going there to defend and looking for a point. Can't remember the last time when over 2,5 goals in this match was odds against and I think the bookies got this one wrong. This are my early tips: - over 2,5 goals - @43/40 (bet365) - both to score - @5/6 (bet365)

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th There's a lot of biased comments being posted here by United fans (I am one myself :p) Although United are firing on at least three cylinders, they are nowhere near the finished article.... yet. I tend to agree with Vasilli - apart from personal pride, there is no incentive for Chelsea to go for the 3 points. If I were a betting man (which I am not), I would go for the draw. I don't very often contribute to this section of the forum, so please completely ignore my opinion ;)

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th 3pts Man Utd to beat Chelsea 31/10 BetVictor Chelsea have been winning matches in recent times but I really can’t remember the last time they looked convincing so there’s no doubt the value lies with United here. The interesting thing will be whether Chelsea can combat Fellaini and take him out of the game and make United do something different but with the likes of Rooney, Herrera and Mata around that is still an option. This should be a great game but with Chelsea lacking a presence up front I’ll take a chance on the visitors here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-man-utd-betting-united-can-keep-feint-titles-hopes-alive-at-the-bridge

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Yeah, those are massive misses for United - particularly Blind and Carrick. Carrick has been vital in setting up the interplay, the ball moving seamlessly from defense to offense. Blind is also good in this role, or in bring up the ball up the wing, overlapping with a midfielder, offering strong support on the ball. Surmising from this, who will play cb with Smalling, Paddy McNair? And God forbid someone on the back gets injured - you are looking at fielding maybe Shaw who hasn't featured in months now, Valencia is a midfielder playing back (albeit with plenty of experience), Young will push back to cover for Mata who does not like covering all that much in his own end. To me, I had a hard time seeing goals in this game to begin with - I keep thinking of the last match at OT and how tentative United was, how they had no offensive creativity. How Chelsea was pretty firmly in control and content with a single goal and so on. Chelsea knows they have the title race well under wraps, and so long as they don't drop points, who's to catch them? Chelsea last game out was pretty tame. Without Costa in the lineup they just knock it around, try to frustrate their opponents, but they lack any superior threat up top, and save a Robert Green howler, they would have drawn 0-0 last week. I haven't seen Chelsea really been hungry for goals in weeks and weeks now. 1 or 2 per game, and none allowed, and thank you. As a United supporter I would hope for a win coming into this one, but now without Blind, Jones and Carrick that hope turns into a prayer. A draw seems a very likely result, as does under 2.5 goal for me. g'luck

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Chelsea FC v Manchester United Chelsea FC: Rémy (16/5 f, doubtful), Costa (24/19 f, top scorer) Manchester United: Van Persie (24/10 f, 2nd top scorer, doubtful), Carrick (18/1 m), Blind (20/2 m), Jones (19/0 d), Rojo (20/0 d), Evans (13/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th as said above, Mourinho should be content with a draw in this one with the games rapidly running out for the title contenders. Therefore, I do not think Chelsea will have the proper motivation to press United and go for the 3 points. I looked at the corners stats and saw that Chelsea's other big games this season - against Arsenal and Man City respectively - produced in 4 and 5 corners respectively, and I expect something similar to happen here Race to 7 corners: neither @1.9 with bet365

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th I believe ManUtd will pose a serious threat to Chelsea. Both teams are without key players but Chelsea without Costa is a 1 goal per match club. When you factor in Chelsea's huge lead and Jose Mourino tactics I see this as a 1-1 draw. My next best guess is a United taking 3 points if they continue their recent form. I expect United will continue their success down the left flank with Young and Fellani attacking Ivanovich/Willian. Chelsea will look to match up Hazard against Valencia as much as possible. Can't wait to watch.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't most of Man U's best performances come at home? I mean I remember their match away to Newcastle where it was only a last ditch Rooney effort to beat 2 defenders and set up Young for a fortunate late winner. Drew away to Cambridge and West Ham, lost away to Swansea but did beat Liverpool. So really Man U on the road are a mixed bag...We know they've won 7 of their last 8 at Old Trafford with the FA Cup loss to Arsenal being the only slip up. So the point is can Man U replicate their home performances at Stamford Bridge?

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't most of Man U's best performances come at home? I mean I remember their match away to Newcastle where it was only a last ditch Rooney effort to beat 2 defenders and set up Young for a fortunate late winner. Drew away to Cambridge and West Ham, lost away to Swansea but did beat Liverpool. So really Man U on the road are a mixed bag...We know they've won 7 of their last 8 at Old Trafford with the FA Cup loss to Arsenal being the only slip up. So the point is can Man U replicate their home performances at Stamford Bridge?
ManUtd have Only lost 3 away fixtures all season which is 2nd best in the league. They have struggled to win going 5-7-3 but what I have taken away is the fact that United have gotten a result in 80% of away fixtures this season. United seem to be a different team the past month since the Spurs win. Unlike Arsenal and Liverpool who hit bursts of form from nowhere United have some unique differences that set them apart. ManUtd has a 1st year manager who has been experimenting and implementing his culture. The past month we have seen change in personnel,formation and tactics beginning with The Spurs win. No longer do they appear to be individuals with no purpose. They have jelled and have a hit another gear we have seen at any point prior this season. Fellani & Rooney are now leading the line. Hererra has provided a consistent attacking midfielder threat. Young and Mata have been just what has been needed out wide on the wing. United are finallyplaying as a unit, passing the ball quickly with purpose. When they do lose possession they are winning the ball back quickly. ManUtd may not win tomorrow but even before this positive change we have seen recently United have been bringing home a result away from Old Trafford. That is why I put my $ on United to win or take home a draw. The odds are favorable and the payout is such that you can bet both and stil come out nicely as long as United get the result. My ManU hedge bet. win- risk $100 to win $310 (net +210) draw- risk $100 to win $230 (net +$130) it is hard to win on the road in the EPL.... You could scrutinize all the top teams away wins in the league and find similar close/lucky calls. 1.Chelsea were just as lucky to win their last 3 or 4 away fixtures against QPR,Hull,AstonV,Everton. 2. Arsenal the best club in 2015 has escaped their last 4 away fixtures by 1 goal to QPR,Burnley,Palace,Newcastle 3. ManCity- lost 4of5 away 4. Liverpool- were lucky to beat Swansea on a deflection 1-0

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th No Jones, Rojo, Blind, Evans or Carrick. Back 4 likely to be Valencia, McNair, Smalling, Young, with no back up if someone gets injured. I wouldn't touch United with your money, and I'm a United fan. Look massively exposed at the back. Rooney will drop back to midfield, United's great performances of late have no bearing on this match cos the team will be nowhere near the team he fielded in the last few weeks. Take into account Jose's home record, home win for me.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Carrick and Blind and ROJO are significant losses. Evans hasn't played in how long? Jones has been average at best. I don't see How Young could be back4. Luke Shaw will play LB. Ashley Young has been brilliant on the LW and has probably created more chances than anyone last few games. I would like to see Tyler Blackett over Paddy McNair because of his athleticism and pace. Rafael will have to be the backup fullback.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th Last 6 PL home matches Chelsea-1.33 Goals per match Diego Costa- out with injury Loic Remy- doubtful with calf injury (will probably play) still I don't see Chelsea scoring more than 1 for no reason other than Mourino style and Hazard is only real attacking threat.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th

Carrick and Blind and ROJO are significant losses. Evans hasn't played in how long? Jones has been average at best. I don't see How Young could be back4. Luke Shaw will play LB. Ashley Young has been brilliant on the LW and has probably created more chances than anyone last few games. I would like to see Tyler Blackett over Paddy McNair because of his athleticism and pace. Rafael will have to be the backup fullback.
Shaw has played two 90 minute games of football since the 8th of November, and hasn't played a full game since February. He isn't match fit, and won't last more than 40-50 mins on the pitch. Young has played left back on numerous occasions this season. . I can't see Blackett starting ahead of McNair.. Jones has been average, but he is better than McNair and Blackett by a long shot. Rafael has played 20 mins of football this year. No matter what way you try to look at it, United are going to be extremely vulnerable at the back today.

Re: Chelsea v Manchester United > Saturday April 18th I am not a regular poster in football largely because i am not usually profitable in the long run. I am as neutral as they come in this game but i do have a strong opinion about this game. Manchester United have been playing really well in recent weeks and the man who has been making it happen and een the strength and keystone of this side as I have watched them has been Michael Carrick. This United team is transformed when he is in the side, the popular public opinion is that Rooney going back up top has sparked the turnaround but I just dont see that as factual - its positive for sure but Carrick has been the difference. And thus my opinion is that Manchester United will lose the battle in midfield in this game and while I believe van Gaal will set up for a point and this wont be as drastic as last year when United got murdered in the middle of the park as Chelsea swarmed forward I cannot see any result other than a Chelsea win here. Maybe a sporting punt around Hazard scoring also. I am certain than Manchester United will not win this game