** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

West Indies vs England - Test Series

kevshat

England begin their build up to The Ashes in the Caribbean later this month with a three match Test series which begins on Monday. All three Tests are live on Sky in the UK. Schedule:

• Mon Apr 13 - Fri Apr 1710:00 local (14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST) 1st Test - West Indies v EnglandSir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, AntiguaLIVE 11.png23 - 28° C
  • Tue Apr 21 - Sat Apr 2510:00 local (14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST) 2nd Test - West Indies v EnglandNational Cricket Stadium, St George's, GrenadaLIVE N/A
  • Fri May 1 - Tue May 510:00 local (14:00 GMT | 15:00 BST) 3rd Test - West Indies v EnglandKensington Oval, Bridgetown, BarbadosLIVE N/A

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series Series preview: 2pts England to win 3-0 6/1 Stan James I think England will win this series and I’d like to think that they will use it to lay a real marker down ahead of a busy summer. England’s batting line up looks an awful lot stronger than the West Indian one and there is more in their attack too. In terms of a bet on the series it isn’t worth backing England to win the series at the odds but if there are three results it wouldn’t be a big surprise if England won all three and that outcome is overpriced at 6/1. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-test-series-betting-england-overpriced-for-clean-sweep

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series Top Series Batsman previews: 3pts J.Root Top England Series Batsman 9/2 Spreadex Joe Root has already scored runs on this tour and I think he is the man they all have to beat. He has good memories from the Caribbean. He made his first ODI ton on the ground they play the first Test on and with runs against both the St Kitts XI and the England XI in the warm up matches we know he is in good nick. He’s a wonderful player of seam and swing and has been England’s batsman of 2015 so far and at 9/2 he can confirm that with a top scoring effort in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-test-series-betting-joe-root-can-dominate-for-the-tourists 1pt D.Ramdin Top West Indies Series Batsman 10/1 Ladbrokes One man who might go well at a big price is the captain Denesh Ramdin. He has a decent enough record against England and has looked much better with the bat since taking over the captaincy and he may well bat high enough in this inexperienced order to be competitive at a quote of 10/1. Two of his four centuries have come against England and his career average against them is a lot higher than his overall average so he is worth a punt in this series. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-test-series-betting-denesh-ramdin-can-lead-by-example

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series 1st Test preview: 4pts J.Root's Performance Pts - 92&Over 5/6 Bet365 I’ve already said I expect Joe Root to go well when I previewed England’s top series batsman and I think he can start that here. There is enough pace in this wicket for him to be comfortable but I do expect spin to be a big feature and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he ends up bowling a fair few overs of his off spin. Throw into the mix that he’s a demon fielder and Root is going to be in the action for much of this match and enough to cover a performance target of 92pts. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-1st-test-betting-joe-root-can-impress-throughout-antigua-match

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series 2nd Test preview: 4pts England to win 2nd Test Evs Stan James England gave it a good go in the first Test but the wicket won in the end. I’m not convinced this wicket will be as flat as that one though and the very fact the West Indies have dumped their spinner suggests this will be a much more lively track. That should suit England well and I fancy them to come through this. Their batsmen looked good in the first game apart from the openers but they’re too good not to come good soon. When they do England will win so I’ll back them to come good here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-2nd-test-betting-england-can-ensure-share-of-the-series

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series I think there is a degree of reading between the lines that needs to be done in this 2nd Test in Grenada. Firstly very few tests have been played here. The National Cricket stadium has only staged two tests, hence the local Grenadans are going to be out in force with lots of ticket sales riding on the test running as long as possible. This is in addition to the potential extra tourism exposure the area would receive from being live on television with the lovely backdrop scenes. When you look at recent results there are a lot of low batting totals which indicates a "result pitch". But when you consider the above and the early reports that the pitch is damp, flat and lifeless I am thinking that someone has had a word in the groundsman's ear. The probability is that as the sun gets to the pitch over the course of this match the worse it will become. You would think this could be validated by the decision of the team who wins the toss as you would think they would bat first. With this in mind I am going to sit tight, wait to see what happens at the coin toss. Back whoever bats first and lay the draw at the end of day 1.

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series Not going to back the West Indies with the big news that Jerome Taylor is out due to injury who is their best bowling option. Still believe if WI can get through the first 60 mins they can post a good total. Going to look at the over on the first innings WI total instead

• 2 weeks later...

Re: West Indies vs England - Test Series 3rd Test preview: 4pts M.Samuels to beat S.Chanderpaul (1st Inns Only) 10/11 Bet365 I think England will win the match but they are a bit short given that a draw will do so the best bet could come in one of the batsmen match ups. The one I like is Shivnerine Chanderpaul vs Marlon Samuels. Chanderpaul has been surprisingly quiet in this series and England have found him out a bit. He has a high score of just 46 and scores of 13, 1 and 7 since then. England have wound Marlon Samuels up good and proper and he is a competitive lad who tends to respond with runs and I fancy him to do just that here and outscore the veteran once again. Full preview here: https://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-england-3rd-test-betting-young-charge-can-outscore-a-veteran