** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Tigers/Pirates - Over 7 runs - 6pts @ 1.83 Boylesports Detroit travel to Pittsburgh for an inter-league series, and so lose their DH spot. They're very unlikely to play VMart behind the plate just 2 months out of knee surgery, so I'm looking at them giving up a bit on defense and putting him at 1B, as they did for 7 of their 10 inter-league games last season, and sliding Miggy over to 3B. That will maintain their offensive potential, but also sacrifices some defensively. Sanchez had a perfect introduction to the season, tossing 6.2I of no-run ball against the Twins, whilst Cole was average against the Reds. Both face better offenses this evening, and the line loooks a little too low to me

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Mets (-1.5) to bt Phillies - 3pts @ 11/8 Paddy I did hope that Paddy would offer one of their daily doubles for a Mets bat to homer with Mets winning, and would have taken any one of Granderson, Murphy or Duda. Unfortunately their offering is 8+Ks for DeGrom. Anyway, I'm backing DeGrom again, with good reason I feel. His 2 starts against the Phillies last season yielded a 1-0 record, with a 2.03 ERA. He struck out 16 in 13.1I and walked 4 with a WHIP of 0.82. Opposing him is Aaron Harang, and he will be the first pitcher to have to deal with the new confines of the Citi Field. This is the kind of matchup the hierarchy will have had in mind when the shortened right field - an inconsistent rhp up against lefty hitters like the 3 I mentioned at the beginning of the paragraph - so hopefully they can take advantage and show it was a good decision.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 6 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.25 Skybet 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.25 Bet365 This was scheduled to be Ricky Nolasco on the hill for Minnesota as the reigning AL champions come to town for the home opener. He got hurt first time out and Trevor May replaces him. May was awful last year, going 3-6 and a 7.88 ERA. The Royals are seeing the ball well, no shock as they are 6-0 thus far but I watched the majority of the opening series with the White Sox and it looked like they were seeing a beach ball rather than a baseball. Danny Duffy is up for the Royals and while he wasnt great first time out allowing 5 runs to the aforementioned White Sox, he openly admits he loves pitching at Target Field and has a great record in the park (3-0 1.66 in 6 starts). I fancy the Royals to win quite handily in this one 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.35 Coral This would have been a higher stake as well but I just dont trust the Cardinals offense completely. Wainwright was every bit as good as he can be on opening night against teh Cubs and if he repeats that he will be borderline unbeatable against a Brewers team that is struggling. Matt Garza was not god against Colorado in his first tine out this year and he had some issues against St Louis last season and throughout his career. Add in that this is the Cardinals home opener and they will have a memorial to honour Oscar Taveras the youngster tragically killed in a car smash last year and I will play St Louius to ride the crest of an emotional wave and take the victory

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Just pressed the flecking back button on my phone by accident and lost everything, so here's my last bet for the night without any reasoning other than I like the match ups - either pitching wise or hitting wise. Or both! Cardinals, Blue Jays, Padres - 3pt ml treble @ 4.25 Bet365 Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat Chicago Cubs 2.20 Skybet 2 pts Cincinnati Reds (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 3.05 Bet365 The big money acquisition Jon Lester is up for the Cubbies tonight and I just have a feeling the Reds could give him some trouble. It is a fairly well documented fact (particularly after ESPN were banging on about it the entire game on opening night) that Lester is rather uncomfortable holding runners at first and is not the most difficult pitcher to steal a base against. The Reds are arguably the best talent wise at stealing bases in MLB so Lester almost cannot afford to allow a base runner - thats pressure, now when he is on he is capable of such a performance that I cannot deny, but he needs to be better than against St Louis last week. Mike Leake pitches for the Reds and has been excellent against Chicago winning his last 4 with a 1.71 ERA against the Cubs. We get some value here because Lester is the "name" pitcher. 5 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.60 Coral 2 pts San Diego Padres (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 5.50 Bet365 Couple the fact that the Padres bats appear to have awoken, I watched them yesterday and they were making solid contact and Rubby De la Rosa being generally bad - we trusted him last time and will make no such mistake tonight after he allowed 6 runs to the Giants who are nowhere near the offense of San Diego. Andrew Cashner will take the hill for the home team and was excellent at Petco last year with a 1.43 ERA at home across 11 starts - the 4-3 record was more a testament to the awful offensive unit the friars were fielding last year. There is every chance this could be a blowout. Cashner will mainly have to keep Paul Goldschmidt in check which he has struggled with in the past but I cannot see the D-backs keeping up with San Diego with Rubby on the mound. thats my lot for today good luck if you are playing

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

6 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.25 Skybet:) 2 pts Kansas City Royals (-3.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 4.25 Bet365:) 3 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Milwaukee Brewers 2.35 Coral:(
4 pts Under 7 total runs Philadelphia Phillies @ New York Mets 1.80 Bet365:) 2 Pts race to 3 runs - neither 6.00 bet365:)
4 pts Cincinnati Reds to beat Chicago Cubs 2.20 Skybet:( 2 pts Cincinnati Reds (-1.5) to beat Chicago Cubs 3.05 Bet365:( 5 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.60 Coral:( 2 pts San Diego Padres (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 5.50 Bet365:(
Late games spoilt it a little but a solid day. Will update the numbers in a while 22-32 Total staked 164 pts Total returns 189.72 pts Profit 25.72 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Tigers/Pirates - over 7.5 runs - 5.5pts @ 1.91 Bet365 My reasoning stands from yesterday... because I got it wrong yesterday - VMart didn't play, he came on and pinch hit late on - and I am convinced they're going to play him at 1B during this series (before last night, I reckoned for 2 out of the 3!) Mets (-1.5) to bt Phillies - 5pts @ 2.05 Bet365 Mets (-3.5) to bt Phillies - 1.5pts @ 4.35 Bet365 Again, my reasoning from yesterday stands. I had these games highlighted for bets once I saw the starters last week. Again the Phillies have a RHP in Buchanan for the Mets lefties to try and feast on, and again the Mets have a stud on the mound. Orioles - over 4 runs v Yankees - 6pts @ 2.10 Paddy Baltimore love playing at Camden Yards, their offense seems to rarely misfire when they're at home, and this season already they have scored 12, 7, 10 & 6 runs in their 4 games. CC Sabathia faces them tonight and he had been in decline for a good year+ even before his injury last season.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting not a massive amount I am in love with tonight. Have found a couple of daily doubles on Paddy that I am going to play though 1 pts Adam Jones to hit a home run and Baltimore Orioles to bt New York Yankees 11.00 Adam Jones has a great record against Sabathia having hit 3 home runs of the big lefty. CC has struggled at Camden Yards failing to win in his last 6 starts there and Adam Jones hits left handers really well and is on fire with 10 hits n his last 14 bats over 4 games with 3 home runs. I like the chances of him taking CC deep tonight and then we have to put our faith in Miguel Gonzalez having a good performance against the Yankees. He doesnt have a great record against them over his career but these are not the Yankees of old and I figure 10/1 looks massive if Jones hits a long ball 2 pts Odrisamer Despaigne to record 5+ strikeouts and San Diego to beat Arizona 4.00 I watched the game when Despaigne came in for the injured Kennedy and he looked in really good shape hitting his location with decent velocity. Arizona are a team who like to swing and you can record some strikeouts against them. 5 is a fairly low number and while the Padres lost last night, they are a stronger team than the Giants who had some success against Hellickson the first time out this year. good luck all having a play tonight - it looks difficult

1 pts Adam Jones to hit a home run and Baltimore Orioles to bt New York Yankees 11.00
How about in his first at-bat? That soon enough for you? :loon :clap :clap 8th & 9th inning runs for the Phillies sink my Mets bets and turn a break even night into a losing one, as the Tigers again don't start VMart (I obviously know nada :lol), and the Orioles stop at 4 for a push. Will update figures at a reasonable hour Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

1 pts Adam Jones to hit a home run and Baltimore Orioles to bt New York Yankees 11.00:) 2 pts Odrisamer Despaigne to record 5+ strikeouts and San Diego to beat Arizona 4.00
:( 23-33 Total staked 167 pts Total returns 200.72 pts Profit 33.72 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Your stats so far gents, good work clap.gif

Bet TypeBetsWPushLStakedProfit to stakesLevel Stakes Profit
Stats42021111.98 3.83
Mixed accas72051410.96 7.49
Moneyline17908666.14 1.47
Over/Under8413352.61 0.44
Correct Score20022-2.00 -2.00
Handicap5718039168-11.36 -2.17

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Not followed baseball for the last 2 years because of Uni commitments but starting to get back into the loop. Probably start betting again in a few weeks time, but in the meantime I look forward to following some of the bets on this forum.

Not followed baseball for the last 2 years because of Uni commitments but starting to get back into the loop. Probably start betting again in a few weeks time' date=' but in the meantime I look forward to following some of the bets on this forum.[/quote'] Welcome to the thread. Looking forward to increased discussion in the thread this year. All selections welcome!!

Not followed baseball for the last 2 years because of Uni commitments but starting to get back into the loop. Probably start betting again in a few weeks time' date=' but in the meantime I look forward to following some of the bets on this forum.[/quote'] Bet365 streaming all games live this year makes it more accessible than ever buddy

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting White Sox / Indians - Over 7 runs - 6pts @ 1.74 Bet365 White Sox / Indians - Over 8.5 runs - 2pts @ 2.50 Bet365 A pair of pitchers facing off in this game who sketchy records when facing tonight's opposition. Bauer's record against the Sox and the Sox hitters is drawn from a small sample of just 2 starts against them, and just 7 ABs against the hitters, but it doesn't make pretty reading. Those in tonight's Sox lineup to have faced Bauer before are batting 0.714 against him, and Bauer has a 6.14 ERA in his 2 starts against the White Sox. Danks' history with the Indians can be traced much further, obviously given he is older and been in the majors longer. In his last 9 starts over the last 3 seasons against the Indians, Danks shows a 5.53 ERA. Those in tonight's Indians lineup who have faced him before (8 of them) combine for a batting average of 0.318, and that is over 129 ABs. Ryan Raburn in particular hits .333 against him with 3 HRs and 11 RBIs from 42 ABs.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Marlins (ml) to bt Braves - 6pts @ 1.77 Bet365 Marlins (-2.5) to bt Braves - 2pts @ 3.25 Bet365 Batter v pitcher matchups show that tonight's Braves are batting 0.216 over 51 ABs against Haren, whilst tonight's Marlins are batting 0.345 over 55 ABs against Stults. To further increase the confidence in a Miami win, Haren boasts a very impressive record against Atlanta over the last 3 seasons, with a 2-0 record from 3 starts and he also worked the save from his only save opportunity against them. All told he's pitched 21 innings for an ERA of just 1.71. Stults on the other hand has a similar amount of innings pitched (20 in his case) but an altogether differnent set of figures as he has managed to accrue an ERA of 5.85 in 4 starts over the last 3 years against the Marlins

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.55 Bet365 2 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-3.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 5.00 Bet365 1 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-5.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 11.00 Bet365 35 starts 7-12 record 4.72 ERA. These are not the numbers of a quality starter in MLB. These are the career numbers as a starter for Erasmo Ramirez who goes tonight for Tampa in his second start of the season following on from allowing 7 runs in two innings against a scuffling Marlins offense in his season debut. Anyone who has read my previews over the last year and a bit will know that I am not rational about Mark Buehrle, I love Mark Buehrle. There I said it. However he is the better pitcher in this matchup and he has the backing of an offense that is not performing to anywhere close to its potential with the struggles of Bautista and Encarnacion, but this team can score runs and Ramirez could well allow them to score a few runs tonight 6 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.70 Bet365 3 pts San Diego Padres (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 6.25 Bet365 6 pts Brandon Morrow to record 6+ strikeouts and San Diego Padres to win 3.75 Paddy Power I am a big Brandon Morrow fan, he pitched 7 scoreless innings in his first start for the Padres, after an injury riddled last couple of season, he is something of an enigma but on his day he is absolutely outstanding and the pitcher friendly arena that is PETCO park can only help him. San Diego were amongst the worst offenses in baseball last season and Chase Anderson who will oppose Morrow for the D-backs tonight had a 4.20 ERA in 3 starts against them. This improved unit should be able to continue the learning curve for a pitcher who is somewhat struggling to find his feet in the major leagues. I certainly think there is value in buying runs and siding with Brandon Morrow here best of luck if you are playing tonight and lets hope I have that Padres game right!!!

White Sox / Indians - Over 7 runs - 6pts @ 1.74 Bet365 White Sox / Indians - Over 8.5 runs - 2pts @ 2.50 Bet365
Dan, your Sox suck! Left 2 on base in the 8th, then got the first 2 on base in the 9th and couldn't score any! Pfft
Marlins (ml) to bt Braves - 6pts @ 1.77 Bet365 Marlins (-2.5) to bt Braves - 2pts @ 3.25 Bet365
13-26-1 Staked 141pts Returned 130.96pts P/L -10.04pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Just stuck my bets on but away from the computer atm. Will get on to fill in reasoning in half hour. Blue Jays (ml) to bt Rays - 6pts @ 1.77 Bet365 Blue Jays (-2.5) to bt Rays - 2pts @ 3.60 Bet365 Dan's highlighted Erasmo's record, and whilst I don't share his mancrush on the Buehrle one I do think he looks massively favoured to come out on top in a clash with Ramirez, backed by the offense, however misfiring they've been, he is. Buehrle was 2-0 with a 2.66 ERA through 6 starts against the Rays last season, and can top a pitcher who ceded 2 runs in 2 innings pitched in relief against Toronto last seaosn Twins (ml) to bt Royals - 4.5pts @ 2.05 Bet365 Twins (-1.5) to bt Royals - 1.5pts @ 3.20 Bet365 The Royals bring their 1.000 record into a game in which things look like they can just be starting to go against them. They lost Alex Rios on Monday, with a fractured hand, and their .329 team batting average is going to be tested today by a pitcher who hasn't enjoyed success against many teams - but has against KC. Kyle Gibson has a career ERA of over 5, but has faced the Royals on 3 occasions, won all of them, and boasts an ERA of 1.40! Cardinals to win & under 7.5 runs total - 3.5pts @ 2.88 Paddy Cardinals (-1.5) & under 7.5 runs total - 1.5pts @ 4.50 Paddy These subpar offenses face pitchers who had their way with them last season, and should make for a low total of runs scored tonight. I'm siding with the home side to bounce back from last night's defeat and beat Peralta as they did during his first 2 seasons in the league. Peralta had a low 2.18 ERA against St Louis last season, but even that isn't as good as Lance Lynn's 1.80 ERA through 4 starts against the Brew. Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

4 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-1.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 2.55 Bet365:) 2 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-3.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 5.00 Bet365:) 1 pts Toronto Blue Jays (-5.5) to beat Tampa Bay Rays 11.00 Bet365:( 6 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 2.70 Bet365:( 3 pts San Diego Padres (-3.5) to beat Arizona Diamondbacks 6.25 Bet365:( 6 pts Brandon Morrow to record 6+ strikeouts and San Diego Padres to win 3.75 Paddy Power:(
That was a near miss, one less run by the Rays in the 9th, one more Padres run or one mor strikeout from Morrow and it was a really good night 25-37 Total staked 189 pts Total returns 220.92 pts Profit 31.92 pts absolutely superb from you Pete :notworthy

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Ridiculously good night for samba last night :notworthy Updated stats:[TABLE=width: 572]

[TR] [TD] Bet Type [/TD] [TD] Bets [/TD] [TD] W [/TD] [TD] Push [/TD] [TD] L [/TD] [TD] Staked [/TD] [TD] Profit to stakes [/TD] [TD] Level Stakes Profit [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Moneyline [/TD] [TD] 20 [/TD] [TD] 12 [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] 8 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 82.5 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 20.11 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 4.06 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Mixed accas [/TD] [TD] 10 [/TD] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] 6 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 25 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 16.79 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 11.87 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Stats [/TD] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD] 2 [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] 2 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 11 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 11.98 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 3.83 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Handicap [/TD] [TD] 65 [/TD] [TD] 23 [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] 42 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 189.5 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 5.84 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 7.43 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Correct Score [/TD] [TD] 2 [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] [/TD] [TD] 2 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 2 [/TD] [TD=align: right] -2.00 [/TD] [TD=align: right] -2.00 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD] Over/Under [/TD] [TD] 10 [/TD] [TD] 4 [/TD] [TD] 1 [/TD] [TD] 5 [/TD] [TD=align: right] 43 [/TD] [TD=align: right] -5.39 [/TD] [TD=align: right] -1.56 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Blue Jays (ml) to bt Rays - 6pts @ 1.77 Bet365 Blue Jays (-2.5) to bt Rays - 2pts @ 3.60 Bet365 Twins (ml) to bt Royals - 4.5pts @ 2.05 Bet365 Twins (-1.5) to bt Royals - 1.5pts @ 3.20 Bet365 Cardinals to win & under 7.5 runs total - 3.5pts @ 2.88 Paddy Cardinals (-1.5) & under 7.5 runs total - 1.5pts @ 4.50 Paddy
Good to wake up to those results this morning! 19-26-1 Staked 160pts Returned 179.64pts P/L +19.64pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 1 point Milwaukee Brewers (Fiers) at St Louis Cardinals (Lackey) at 2.3 (general) Although the Cards had the better of the H2H v Milwaukee last year, when you drill down to how the pitchers did in those matchups the story changes. Fiers is 2-1 with a 1.30 ERA in six career games (four starts) against the Cardinals, including a 1-1 record with a 1.98 ERA in two starts last season and a 1-1 record with a 1.29 ERA in four games (two starts) at Busch Stadium. Milwaukee hit Lackey for eight earned runs over 13 innings last season. Milwaukee's offensive struggles are the obvious concern but I think the 2.3 about the dogs is worth a shot. Record: W1 L2 Profit: -0.95

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 5 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.30 bet365 So the Royals suffered their first defeat last night but the matchuo looks a decent one for a bounce back tonight. Jason Vargas has dominated the Twins going 3-0 in 4 starts last year with a 0.96 ERA. He allowed two runs in his season debut and if he keeps the long ball out of the picture today has an excellent chance opposed by Tommy Milone. Milone has struggled with the Royals managing less than 7 innings over two starts last year with 11 runs scored. He had a ricky start to open his season and unless he turns it around the Royals who despite losing still managed to put the ball in play last night could well get the W here

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting nice to see the royals game going to plan :\ That was meant to pay for this one but anyhow 4 pts Arizona Diamondbacks to beat San Francisco Giants 2.60 Bet365 2 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.65 Bet365 1 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-3.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 9.00 Bet365 I will start off by stating both that this is not a mistake and I am fully aware who is pitching. Madison Bumgarner, reigning World Series MVP is pitching for the Giants tonight, there are three things I want to express. Arizona have the better offensive players and I am far more confident in them scoring runs than I am the Giants offensive lineup which could be close to the leagues worst this season in terms of generating runs. Secondly, Bumgarner was not actually all that good at home last season, he had a 4.03 ERA at home and was only 7-6 in 15 starts and finally, he got shelled for 5 runs in 3 innings last time out. Granted his start was solid against Arizona in the opener, but if Archie Bradley shuts down the Giants like he did the Dodgers and make no mistake tonight should be easier, then we dont need too many runs for this to come in at a value price