** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting quite fancy a double of unders in the Dodgers - Cards game and SF Giants -1.5 do you guys mainly do bets before the games start? I like watching the first couple of innings to get a feel then tend to back something in-play if something stands out to me

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

7 pts Chicago White Sox @ Houston Astros Under 8 total runs 1.80 bet365:) 3 pts Chicago White Sox Under 1.5 Total Runs 4.00 Skybet:) 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Chicago White Sox and Under 5.5 total runs 5.00 Skybet:)
5 pts Colorado Rockies @ Philadelphia Phillies Under 7.5 Total runs 2.10 Bet365:) 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Cincinnati Reds 2.55 Coral:(
73-132-5 Total staked 781 pts Total returns 869.40 Profit 88.40 The other I considered was Boston which has just started and I am leaving so thats me for the day folks!

quite fancy a double of unders in the Dodgers - Cards game and SF Giants -1.5 do you guys mainly do bets before the games start? I like watching the first couple of innings to get a feel then tend to back something in-play if something stands out to me
I would play the under in the Dodgers game, Wacha been outstanding and not a fan of St Louis bats and they are getting injuries too, SF game I have no handle on, I love Lincecum but he needs to earn my trust a little longer before I am happy to play him, couple of streaky teams. I usually bet pre game to be honest, only in play if i see a line that really sticks out or a team I am confident can score a lot has fallen behind early. Unders are what I play in play usually totals wise good luck if you play it, rain delay in St Louis I think right? *******just seen the Cardinals have tweeted its stopped raining so check that lol**********

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting thanks for the input mate - yeah it's suspended for me so haven't been able to do it yet i am an unders man myself too :lol - i remember backing overs a few times when i first started and i'm sure it didn't even get close to winning! has sort of scarred me I suppose haha

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4pts Tigers @ Angels - Under 8.0 1.77 Coral :( 2pts Indians @ Mariners - Mariners to win & Under 7.5 @ 3.22 Bet365 :( 8 runs scored in the 1st two innings was a bad start for the Unders in the Tigers game. I really ought to just stick to following you guys instead :p Total: -6pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Just an early stat based one for me. Tampa @ Baltimore : Under 8 runs @ 1.86 bet 365 4 units Under 6 runs @ 3.25 bet 365 2 units Under is 6-0 in Odorizzis last 6 starts as a favorite. Under is 7-0 in Odorizzis last 7 starts overall Under is 11-3 in Orioles last 14 home games vs. a right-handed starter Under is 6-0 in the last 6 meetings. Plenty of other stats that favour the under here. Neither team hitting particularly well. Pitchers aren't in bad form. Backing the unders here.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Most Likely Winners Only 2 pass the cut-off to make it into this section tonight!! Indians to bt Mariners @ 10/11 Giants to bt Braves @ 1/2 Value moneyline plays VERY little in the way of value tonight Nationals to bt Reds @ 4/5 [2*] Rays to bt Orioles @ 10/11 [5*] Phillies to bt Rockies @ 10/11 [1*] Dbacks to bt Brewers @ 5/6 [1*] Blue Jays to bt Twins @ 10/13 [3*] White Sox to bt Astros @ 13/10 [6*] Cardinals to bt Dodgers @ 10/11 [2*] Indians to bt Mariners @ 10/11 [17*] Tigers to bt Angels @ 10/11 [7*] Pirates to bt Padres @ 10/11 [5*] Most likely to go to Extra innings 1 White Sox @ Astros 2= Marlins @ Mets 2= Rockies @ Phillies 2= Red Sox @ Rangers Most likely high scoring team White Sox Astros Dbacks --------- Tonight's bet Indians ml & White Sox/Astros over 8.5 - 3pt double @ 3.50 Bet365

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays 2.45 Coral Jordan Zimmermann excellent in has last three starts has been consistently good at home where he has a 2.51 ERA this year and has yet to lose to an American League ball club in his career at Nationals ballpark. The Nats in general have excelled defending their own turf recently and ar 14-7 at home this season. Toronto have the worst road record in the American League winning only 5 times in their last 20 on their travels. RA Dickey will pitch, a former Cy Young winner that is struggling particularly lately with the home run, he has a 7.92 ERA his last four games and could well struggle with a Nats lineup that has Bryce Harper and his MLB leading 18 home runs this season back. Toronto can hot but Zimmermann is the clear pitcher to back in this matchup on current form. I hope the Nats dont burn me again

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies 1pts 3 or more 1st innings runs 5.00 Skybet 3pts Colorado Rockies to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.90 Paddy Power 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-2.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 6.25 Bet365 I dont want to contemplate a world where Kyle Kendrick earns the win over Clayton Kershaw. Maybe I am overthinking things when the stats read Kershaw 7-0 in 8 starts v the Rockies, Kendrick 0-5 in 6 starts v the Dodgers who have won 7 of the nine games between these teams this year. Kershaw has more career Cy Young awards than he does road wins this season and that has to be a concern and the Rockies are on a roll (granted they have just played a couple of poor teams but the Dodgers are not scoring lots of runs. I intend to play the usual 1st innings line as we know Kendrick has had struggles in the past in the 1st, but I am going to play the Rockies as well as the prices are outrageous on Kershaw this season so far and the recent results and offensive performances of these teams. 4 pts Seattle to beat New York Yankees and under 6.5 runs 2.88 Skybet Simply put this is the King Felix Hernandez against former Mariner Michael Pineda in Safeco Field a strong pitchers park and two inconsistent offenses. This should be low scoring on that basis despite the presence of 2 of the top 3 in the AL in home runs being involved (Cruz and Teixiera). The Mariners usually win when Felix pitches (1 defeat in his 10 starts this year) and his home ERA is 2.00 in 5 starts. I expect Seattle to shade a tight one and I dont trust their offensive output enough to play a handicap so will play the special double line at skybet instead almost played unders in SF and SD as well but am going to leave these as the plays best of luck all

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Most likely winners After only 2 yesterday, we have a half dozen today... Dodgers to bt Rockies @ 10/21 Pirates to bt Giants @ 20/27 Mets to bt Padres @ 20/21 Braves to bt Dbacks @ 5/6 Angels to bt Rays @ 4/6 Orioles to bt Astros @ 20/21 Value moneyline plays ...and quite a few seemingly good value selections in amongst a slate where the figures suggest there's SOME, however small, value in each game Mets to bt Padres @ 20/21 [17*] Brewers to bt Cardinals @ 13/10 [15*] Pirates to bt Giants @ 20/27 [15*] Braves to bt Dbacks @ 5/6 [13*] Orioles to bt Astros @ 20/21 [10*] Dodgers to bt Rockies @ 10/21 [10*] Angels to bt Rays @ 4/6 [6*] Cubs to bt Marlins @ 10/13 [3*] Blue Jays to bt Nationals @ 27/20 [2*] Mariners to bt Yankees @ 20/29 [1*] The closest game on figures is Blue Jays @ Nationals, but wouldn't be close enough to get into the Extra Innings section on previous nights, and there's no betting on Bet365 for the top scoring team tonight - think it's only available when there's a full slate of games ---------- Tonight's flyer Mariners to win and under 7.5 runs @ 11/8 Mets to win and under 7.5 runs @ 15/8 Orioles to win and over 6.5 runs @ 13/8 Dodgers to win and under 11.5 runs @ 11/10 Angels to win and under 8.5 runs @ 11/8 0.5pt acca @ 89.40 Skybet 10 x 0.25pt trebles :hope

4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays 2.45 Coral Jordan Zimmermann excellent in has last three starts has been consistently good at home where he has a 2.51 ERA this year and has yet to lose to an American League ball club in his career at Nationals ballpark. The Nats in general have excelled defending their own turf recently and ar 14-7 at home this season. Toronto have the worst road record in the American League winning only 5 times in their last 20 on their travels. RA Dickey will pitch, a former Cy Young winner that is struggling particularly lately with the home run, he has a 7.92 ERA his last four games and could well struggle with a Nats lineup that has Bryce Harper and his MLB leading 18 home runs this season back. Toronto can hot but Zimmermann is the clear pitcher to back in this matchup on current form. I hope the Nats dont burn me again
This selection stands for GAME ONE of todays double header

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting I will add that I ended up with 2.25 as the odds on the game earlier on rather than yesterdays superior price :eyes no reasoning tonight and apologies but I have the following 4 pts on each bet Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.40 Bet365 Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays GAME TWO 2.15 Coral New York Mets (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.60 Coral good luck all

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 10 pts Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox Under 8.5 Total runs 1.91 Betfair 3 pts Under 6 runs 3.30 Bet365 2 pts Detroit Tigers to pitch a shutout after 9 innings 8.50 William Hill Quite simple this ones, the young lefty Kyle Ryan will pitch which automatically makes the Sox a fade for me for reasons stated earlier in the thread and Jose Quintana who is pitching well but getting repetitive hard luck stories is up for the Sox. Both lineups have been struggling to score and the line is way too high for me. Wouldnt put anybody off playing an under on white sox runs either but I will take a risky play instead

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting right a couple tonight 8 pts Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox Under 7.5 total runs 2.10 Anyone guess this as a play? Well David price is up for the Tigers and he is amongst the best lefties in the game and I refer you to my comments yesterday!!!! While I am not quite as confident as Danks has occasionally had a hard time with Detroit, they are massively underperforming at the present time and 7.5 looks a high number for this game tonight 4 pts Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.50 Ladbrokes Ubaldo Jimenez is a man I like to back at Camden Yards, but this game takes place at Progressive Field in Cleveland and he got shelled by the Tribe last year with an 11.88 ERA over the two games he started. Salazar is serviceable in opposition for Cleveland, his 5-1 record flatters to deceive a little with a 3.79 ERA but if Ubaldo struggles again then his continued high run support could continue. may come back for one more but its those two at the minute. sorry for brief reasoning but its feeding time at the zoo at the minute!!!!

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting been really hectic this week as I get ready to go away on holiday tomorrow but have to play the following 8 pts Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox Under 8.5 runs 1.91 Ladbrokes 4 pts Under 3.5 Chicago White Sox runs 2.00 Bet365 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Chicago White Sox and Under 6.5 runs in the game 5.00 Skybet Ok, so we swept when Dallas Keuchel pitched last week against my Sox as stated then Chicago dont hit lefties and they were duly shut out that night. I have seen no evidence to suggest that th White Sox have figured out left handed pitching and assuming Keuchel continues as the workhorse he has been and pitches deep into this game Chicago should struggle to score. Rodon the rookie excites me greatly as a Soxe fan and has pitched pretty goodd since being promoted on the fast track to the bigs and if he keeps the ball down I dont see the Astros lighting him up,, he allowed 3 runs, 1 earned in his only start against the Astros in Houston 2 weeks ago, so a combination of under plays above I would hope will be profitable.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting One for me tonight from sunny (ish) gran canaria 4 pts Detroit to beat Cleveland and under 6.5 runs in the game 4.50 Skybet Sorry for the poor reasoning but in holiday etc. Two pitchers performing well but Price is an elite arm who you know you can trust. Neither lineup is scoring lots of runs regularly so it looks a low scorer and happy with my cash on the better more trusted pitcher. Wouldnt put anyone off that just wanted to play under the line Good luck if you play Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts pittsburgh pirates (-2.5) to beat philadelphia philles 2.55 bet365 4 pts Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets Under 6.5 runs 2.10 skybet Reasoning later if possible as phone is about to die and i havent looked at all the games yet!!! Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Los Angeles Dodgers @ Colorado Rockies 1pts 3 or more 1st innings runs 5.00 Skybet:( 3pts Colorado Rockies to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 2.90 Paddy Power:( 1 pts Colorado Rockies (-2.5) to beat Los Angeles Dodgers 6.25 Bet365:( 4 pts Seattle to beat New York Yankees and under 6.5 runs 2.88 Skybet:(
Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting I will add that I ended up with 2.25 as the odds on the game earlier on rather than yesterdays superior price :) (4 pts Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays 2.45 Coral) no reasoning tonight and apologies but I have the following 4 pts on each bet Chicago Cubs (-1.5) to beat Miami Marlins 2.40 Bet365:( Washington Nationals (-1.5) to beat Toronto Blue Jays GAME TWO 2.15 Coral:( New York Mets (-1.5) to beat San Diego Padres 2.60 Coral:(
Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 10 pts Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox Under 8.5 Total runs 1.91 Betfair:) 3 pts Under 6 runs 3.30 Bet365:( 2 pts Detroit Tigers to pitch a shutout after 9 innings 8.50 William Hill:(
8 pts Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox Under 7.5 total runs 2.10:( 4 pts Cleveland Indians (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.50 Ladbrokes:(
8 pts Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox Under 8.5 runs 1.91 Ladbrokes:) 4 pts Under 3.5 Chicago White Sox runs 2.00 Bet365:( 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Chicago White Sox and Under 6.5 runs in the game 5.00 Skybet:(
4 pts Detroit to beat Cleveland and under 6.5 runs in the game 4.50 Skybet:)
4 pts pittsburgh pirates (-2.5) to beat philadelphia philles 2.55 bet365:( 4 pts Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets Under 6.5 runs 2.10 skybet:(
77-146-5 Total staked 859 pts Total returns 930.78 Profit 70.78 been a troubling run at the time of year when money should start to flow!!

couple tonight 4 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-2.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 3.25 Skybet 2 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-4.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 6.50 Bet365 This comes down to my strategy of opposing the White Sox when a left hander is on the hill against them which is the situation tonight, but to be honest the White Sox havent been hitting right handers lately all that well either and has lost 5 straight games. Jeff Locke will pitch for the Pirates off a shutout against the equally futile Philadelphia bats while I am a fan of John Danks for the Sox he has been poor rather than good in the main this year and can be very bad, there is a strong possibility of a blowout if Danks doesnt pitch well as the Pirates can score, as exhibited when they hung 11 on Chicago two games ago. I have to play Pittsburgh in this game even with a somewhat inconsistent pitcher on our side. 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 3.25 Skybet Heck of a pitching matchup on paper. I stated in the ante post thread that I had a few concerns/reservations about Felix Hernandez this year and how he had blow up potential reflected in some of the metric stats I look at that were similar to Justin Verlander heading into last season. He promptly made me look an idiot through two months of the season. That being said he has been pretty bad two out of his last three with 7 and 8 runs allowed respectively. I am delighted to take this price about Madison Bumgarner against anybody even if the Giants hitters can be a little streaky sometimes as Bumgarner is the World Series MVP for good reason and has often been better on the road, he certainly had struggles at AT&T last year. 2 pts double San Francisco (-1.5) & Pittsburgh (-2.5) pays 10.57 with Skybet Good luck all

Today' date=' I'm putting my money on Detroit, Baltimore, Washington and Boston :)[/quote'] If you could quote the bookmaker and price and maybe a little reasoning as to why you are making these selections that would be greatly appreciated please dude. welcome to the forum

couple tonight 4 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-2.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 3.25 Skybet:( 2 pts Pittsburgh Pirates (-4.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 6.50 Bet365:( 4 pts San Francisco Giants (-1.5) to beat Seattle Mariners 3.25 Skybet:( 2 pts double San Francisco (-1.5) & Pittsburgh (-2.5) pays 10.57 with Skybet:(
77-150-5 Total staked 871 pts Total returns 930.78 Profit 59.78

right, back on it tonight 8 pts Baltimore @ Toronto Over 8.5 runs 1.91 Bet365 These are two of MLB's leading franchises at hitting the ball out the park this year (Toronto 2nd with 84 HR and Baltimore 4th with 82) and we have pitchrs on the mound in Marco Estrada who, while improved somewhat this year led MLB in HR allowed last season. He has allowed 7 in his 8 starts this year - 2 in his only appearance against the Orioles. Mike Wright will oppose and has started strong and regressed a little lately losing his last two and allowing 4 HR over his last three starts. With these lineups and pitchers that can make mistakes a huge inning is possible at any time and I strongly fancy 9 runs to plate tonight. 6 pts Boston @ Kansas City Over 8 runs 2.10 Bet365 This could have runs in it as well, I cannot get past Yohan Pino and his futility when starting for the Twins last season with an ERA over 5 in 11 starts and his ERA starting in Triple A this year has been close to 5 as well!!. The Red Sox havent done much of anything well but they can score on their day and Pino may well present such an opportunity. Eduardo Rodriguez takes the hill for the BoSox and hit the wall after an impeccable start to his career last time out allowing 9 to Toronto. The Royals also know how to put the ball in play and if afforded the opportunity of base runners can score and punish Rodriguez if his struggles continue. If one doesnt get you I think the other will here ,couldnt say who will win though that is likely KC the value is Boston, will stick to the over

4pts Toronto Blue Jays (-2.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 3.50 Bet365 This is quite simple really. Both these teams can score runs and we are taking some level of trust that Scott Copeland pitching for Toronto has an average game on the hill. Chris Tillman is up for the O's and historically gets walloped by the jays. His career ERA in Rogers Centre is higher than any other ballpark at 6.54 and his last three starts against the Jays has a 12.51 ERA. There is a level of trust required for Torontos starter and bullpen as suggested and maybe the over is more sensible but I like this play. 6 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Boston Red Sox 2.70 Ladbrokes Kansas have been better than Boston in every facet of the game this season, more consistent on offense, vastly superior in relief pitching and far more consistency and effectiveness from the starters. In tonights matchup I would much prefer to take Chris Young who I have spoken positively about before and his 2.11 ERA over his last 8 starts than the inconsistent Wade Miley who can have some awful days at the office including a 10 run start his last time against the Royals. Unsure really why the oddsmakers make this game so close as the Red Sox have been a terrible disappointment and a lot of the free agent signings have bombed totally. 15 pts St Louis Cardinals (-1.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 1.87 Coral 4 pts St Louis Cardinals (-4.5) to beat Philadelphia Phillies 4.35 Bet365 I can see me regretting this already, I almost never take a runline bet at odds on. I dont really trust the Cardinals offense that much to buy much extra though. Michael Wacha has been outstanding for the Cards and the futility of the Philly offense is well known. Their pitching has been fairly awful as well. Adam Morgan has been called up for his debut today, and I dont get it. His minor league numbers show an ERA approaching 5 and a 13 game winless streak - he should fit in perfectly!!!! If St Louis dont win this comfortably it has to be viewed as a massive surprise all considered. 4 pts Texas Rangers @ Cgicago White Sox Under 8 Total Runs 1.83 Bet365 Solid pitching matchup with Quintana and Gallardo, both have been pitching well lately and the Rangers offense is slumping while the White Sox simply stink with the lumber and are among MLB's worst in terms of runs scored. looks a low scorer and the under has to be the play for me 8 pts Los Angeles Angels (-2.5) to beat Oakland Athletics 3.75 Bet365 Kazmir gets routinely shelled by the Angels largely similar to the Tillman pick earlier. Kazmir, since he left LA has failed to last 3 innings in his 3 starts in opposition and has an ERA over 22 in those starts!!!! Garrett Richards has recovered well from his awful start where he failed to make it out the first against the Yankees and pitched two solid games. The Angels are a competitive team this year and the Oakland Athletics are not in spite of a mini revival lately. I like the Angels here and am willing to buy some runs, not really sure why Oakland are favs. Sorry these are a little late - Fathers Day and all that jazz Good luck all

I will offer my apologies to anybody that was hoping I would post more regularly this year, I have quite a bit going on at the minute and would rather post selections that are well thought out than to do a half assed job (though recent results would have you believing otherwise) I hope that stuff will get sorted in the near future and I may be able to regularly contribute again like last season 8 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.40 William Hill 3 pts Detroit Tigers (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 4.75 Bet365 1 pts Detroit Tigers (-5.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 11.00 Bet365 Well, by now you lknow I oppose my White Sox against a lefty and Price is amongst the best left handed pitchers in the game. Jeff Samardzija will take the hill for the Sox and has been nothing short of a huge disappointment after his acquisition in the off season, he is auditioning for teams now as he is a certainty to be traded by the deadline and the Sox will be hoping he does a good job, however while his 3.63 ERA in 3 starts against Detroit this year betters his mark of 4.53 overall, Price opposes with a 1.06 ERA in matchups with the White Sox this year and the Detroit hitters are starting to hit after a slow month of May and poor start to June. It will be a huge outlier on all Price v White Sox matchups this season if the Sox score many at all - they have scored a single run both times they bumped into Price. Earlier this month Price was the winning pitcher as Detroit won 7-1 in Chicago. Lets see shall we Good luck if you play

• 2 weeks later...

5pts Toronto Bluejays to beat Chicago White Sox 2.15 Ladbrokes A bit of an emotional one today for the White Sox, Mark Buehrle of the 2005 World Series championship team will oppose todays staff ace Chris Sale as Sale bids to make history and amass the longest streak of consecutive 10+ strikeout performances. He couldnt really be facing a worse opponent,while the Jays come scuffling into this matchup on a recent run of poor form, they also have the best batting average against left handed pitching in MLB, and as I have previously documented, the Sox are terrible against left handed pitching. This lefty matchup on that basis would appear to me to favour the Bluejays regardless of the ridiculous numbers Sale has put up, odds against is value in my opinion. While I would usually play the run line as well, Sale has been good enough that I am not too comfortable with that play

• 1 month later...

I have had quite a lot on so havent punted that much seriously and havent posted as if i havent dedicated time dont want to put half assed selections up. I hope to get everything smoothed out and sorted and posting again soon. The game is beatable but it takes time and most importantly for me actuall watching games, far more valuable than just reading the box score. Best of luck man