** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 5 pts David Price to record 8+ strikeouts and Drtroit Tigers to beat Chicago White Sox 3.10 Paddy Power 4 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.15 bet365 2 pts Detroit Tigers (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 4.35 bet365 Now the basic thought process is that Price led MLB in strikeouts last year and the White Sox strike out a LOT. 8 is a large number but i cannot see why that isnt achievable considering he had 23 punch outs in 3 starts against these white sox last year. Samardzija will have to improve massively on his showings in the jersey this far to be competitive in this one having allowed at least 4 runs in each of his starts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting

5 pts Kansas City Royals (-1.5) to beat Minnesota Twins 2.30 bet365:(
4 pts Arizona Diamondbacks to beat San Francisco Giants 2.60 Bet365:) 2 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 3.65 Bet365:( 1 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-3.5) to beat San Francisco Giants 9.00 Bet365:(
5 pts David Price to record 8+ strikeouts and Drtroit Tigers to beat Chicago White Sox 3.10 Paddy Power:) 4 pts Detroit Tigers (-1.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 2.15 bet365:( 2 pts Detroit Tigers (-3.5) to beat Chicago White Sox 4.35 bet365:(
27-42 Total staked 212 pts Total returns 246.82 pts Profit 34.82 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Max Scherzer to have 8+strikeouts and Washington to beat Philadelphia 2.70 Scherzer has struck out at east 8 in each start for the Nats this year and I still believe Sean O'Sullivan to be a below average starter despite him costing us some cash last time our. It is reasonable to expect Scherzer to punch out this many and make a general 1.44 shot a far more attractive 2.70 4 pts Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.38 Skybet 2 pts Boston Red Sox (-3.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 4.75 Bet365 Hard to trust Ubaldo Jiminez and he has struggled against Boston with a 9.37 career ERA and is winless at Fenway with an 8.00 ERA. Joe Kelly is a decent pitcher and should Ubaldos struggles continue against the Red Sox - there is no reason to expect them to cease, and the offense is scoring enough for the BoSox then Boston could win this fairly comfortably. Kelly allowed just the one against the Yankees first time up and split his starts against teh O's last season for Boston with a 3.38 ERA, I dont think these numbers lie!!

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Apologies for lateness - been out tonight and got a new phone today, so don't have any apps downloaded yet. Only one I want tonight is Brewers (ml) to bt Pirates - 5.5pts @ 2.10 Boylesports Brewers (-2.5) to bt Pirates - 1.5pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Brewers (-3.5) to bt Pirates - 1pt @ 5.75 Bet365 Loving the chance to take somebody against Worley as a dog, loving it even more that it is Jimmy Nelson. He figured in Tristan Cockroft's pre-season 'Kings of Command' article, which served to highlight maybe unheralded pitchers, who were underrated. He showed he deserves more recognition in his first start of the season, and is easily worth backing as a dog opposing Vance Worley and a sputtering Pitt offense.

4 pts Max Scherzer to have 8+strikeouts and Washington to beat Philadelphia 2.70:) 4 pts Boston Red Sox (-1.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 2.38 Skybet:( 2 pts Boston Red Sox (-3.5) to beat Baltimore Orioles 4.75 Bet365:(
28-44 Total staked 222 pts Total returns 257.62 pts Profit 35.62 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 6 pts ?Chris Sale to record 7+ Strikeouts and Chicago White Sox to beat Detroit Tigers 3.60 Paddy Power I really like the matchup and I like the chances of the Sox to beat the Tigers in Detroit, I may yet play the money line at 2.00 generally available. Anibal Sanchez will pitch for the Tigers tonight, and while I rate him, he wasnt very good his last start allowing 5 runs and he has never beaten the White Sox at Comerica Park while having a 5.87 ERA in those games. I am willing to bet the strikeout double on Paddy because Chris Sale who had 8 against Minnesota in his first start this season faced Detroit on three occasions last year and had at least ten punchouts in those games, he averages more than 1 K per inning pitched and it is far from unreasonable to expect 7 from the ace of the White Sox staff. Sale has a 1.71 ERA in his last 7 games against Detroit - one of the leagues most consistent lineups for offensive production.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Tyson Ross to record 6+ strikeouts and San Diego to beat Chicago Cubs 3.50 Paddy Power Well, this is a strange moment for me. I think this line is worth taking because Tyson Ross is a good strikeout pitcher averaging near as damnit 1K per inning pitched and this Cubs lineup is very swing happy and will strikeout a lot. I believe myself to be the number 2 member of the Kyle Hendricks fan club (his mum is #1!!) but he wasnt good first time up against Colorado and this Padres batting lineup doesnt offer many places to hide if he has another inconsistent outing. There is a little cause to worry with our boy Kye in the more advanced metrics that he may have some bumps in the road compared to last year so while I like the kid I am waiting for him to show he has his touch back before wading in on him again and will for the first time in my life take the team facing Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs. Tyson Ross unsurprisingly has poorer numbers away from the ultra pitcher friendly PETCO Park but allowed 1 run through 6 in his only start against the Cubs which was at Wrigley, small sample size but its all we have to go on.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting I have added the first multiple of the season on the above games 3 pts double Chicago White Sox to beat Detroit Tigers & San Diego Padres to beat Chicago Cubs pays 4.10 Paddy Power see the above posts for reasoning There may be a couple more later but if that is it good luck if you play

Brewers (ml) to bt Pirates - 5.5pts @ 2.10 Boylesports Brewers (-2.5) to bt Pirates - 1.5pts @ 4.10 Bet365 Brewers (-3.5) to bt Pirates - 1pt @ 5.75 Bet365
19-29-1 Staked 168pts Returned 179.64pts P/L +11.64pts Sale 7+ Ks & White Sox to bt Tigers - 4pts @ 3.60 Paddy Dan's stole my thunder with this one :) I don't disagree with anything he says Braves (ml) to bt Blue Jays - 4pts @ 2.55 Coral Admittedly, Wood has only tossed 1 inning in relief against the Blue Jays, and tonight's Jays starters only have 5 starts combined against him (they are 0-5 fwiw), but the Braves have a good record against RA Dickey and that makes them appealing at over 6/4. Tonight's Braves starters are 38-125 (.304) against Dickey, and Dickey's record over the last 3 seasons against Atlanta is 1-2 from 4 starts with a whopping 8.86 ERA Mets (-1.5) to bt Marlins - 4pts @ 2.60 Bet365 Cubs (-1.5) to bt Padres - 3pts @ 2.85 Bet365 1.5pt double @ 7.41 Bet365

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros Over 8 total runs 1.83 Paddy Power 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angeles and Over 7.5 runs in the game 3.10 Paddy Power The pitchers on display tonight - Keuchel (5.10 in 7 starts) and Wilson (10.57 in 4 meetings) have had their issues against their respective opponents tonight, while the two lineups are scuffling somewhat at this stage they both have power in an abundance and are capable of putting up a nig number in any frame, I have a lean that the Astros may get the win here so will double it up as they have plenty of players who can get on base and CJ Wilson is a real suck it and see type pitcher who you can have no confidence how he is going to pitch.

Sale 7+ Ks & White Sox to bt Tigers - 4pts @ 3.60 Paddy Braves (ml) to bt Blue Jays - 4pts @ 2.55 Coral Mets (-1.5) to bt Marlins - 4pts @ 2.60 Bet365 Cubs (-1.5) to bt Padres - 3pts @ 2.85 Bet365 1.5pt double @ 7.41 Bet365
I think stunned is the word, well - one of the words! 0-5 last night on a night where I should (in my biased opinion) have gone 5-0, and been 54.67pts better off :puke So the White Sox smash the Tigers and Sale whiffs 6... when we needed 7! Braves, who we had on the moneyline, led 4-0 going into the bottom of the 7th, conceded runs in the 7th and 8th and ended up losing in extra innings. Both the Cubs (6-2) and the Mets (5-1), who we had on the -1.5 line, led by FOUR runs entering the ninth inning, and both ended up winning by just 1 run. Whilst on the whingepath - Bristol City's 95th minute (!) penalty cost me a 38pt return on my football acca, and... :lol ... I had an nba double to return 29pts on the first 2 playoff matches last night, the Wizards leg won meaning I needed the Pelicans to cover a +11.5 line and for there to be under 204.5pts.... they lost 99-106 :/ A 122pt swing justifies a moan, yeah? :lol :sad A pretty sickening day all told. Bounce back today? 19-34-1 Staked 184pts Returned 179.64pts P/L -4.36pts

I think stunned is the word' date=' well - one of the words! 0-5 last night on a night where I should (in my biased opinion) have gone 5-0, and been 54.67pts better off [emoji14']uke So the White Sox smash the Tigers and Sale whiffs 6... when we needed 7! Braves, who we had on the moneyline, led 4-0 going into the bottom of the 7th, conceded runs in the 7th and 8th and ended up losing in extra innings. Both the Cubs (6-2) and the Mets (5-1), who we had on the -1.5 line, led by FOUR runs entering the ninth inning, and both ended up winning by just 1 run. Whilst on the whingepath - Bristol City's 95th minute (!) penalty cost me a 38pt return on my football acca, and... [emoji38] ... I had an nba double to return 29pts on the first 2 playoff matches last night, the Wizards leg won meaning I needed the Pelicans to cover a +11.5 line and for there to be under 204.5pts.... they lost 99-106 :/ A 122pt swing justifies a moan, yeah? [emoji38] :sad A pretty sickening day all told. Bounce back today? 19-34-1 Staked 184pts Returned 179.64pts P/L -4.36pts
You meant sheffield wednesday right ;)

That's dreadful luck. I quite often can't watch games I bet on because stuff like you mentioned irritates me too much. I watched the Nats lose to the Phillies yesterday, when there was no way in hell they should have. Some absolutely vile defensive errors from Desmond and the amount of times some of their top hitters left men in scoring positions made it agonising viewing.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Tigers (-1.5) to bt White Sox - 5pts @ 2.40 Bet365 Tigers (-2.5) to bt White Sox - 2pts @ 3.50 Bet365 Tigers (-3.5) to bt White Sox - 1pt @ 4.90 Bet365 Detroit's offense has been scuffling for production over the last week, but the chance to face Quintana on the mound should be just what they need to break out of their malaise. Even though they have plated just 8 runs in their last 4 games, they have still gone 3-1 during that spell so confidence shouldn't be an issue. A good few of their hitters have had success when facing Quintana in the past - Cabrera hits .350 and has a HR, VMart hits .389, Rajai is .385 with a HR, whilst, over a smaller sample, Cespedes is 4-6 with 2 homers and 3 RBIs. Will put the reasoning in for the following ones when I get back Rockies/Dodgers - Over 8 runs - 5pts @ 2.00 Bet365 Rockies/Dodgers - Over 10 runs - 2pts @ 3.30 Bet365 Taking the runs in this one, where both the pitchers have struggled in their previous encounters with the batters from their opponents tonight. The Rockies in particular, from a larger sample size, are hitting .414 in 87 ABs against McCarthy. Those Dodgers who have faced Butler are similarly seeing him well, hitting .375 from 24 ABs. Yankees (-1.5) to beat Rays - 5pts @ 2.30 Bet365 Yankees (-2.5) to beat Rays - 2pts @ 3.20 Bet365 Yankees (-3.5) to beat Rays - 1pt @ 4.65 Bet365 For all we expected this ageing, cobbled together, NYY offense to struggle to muster the necessary offense, the truth is they're actually doing a pretty good job. Since scoring just 1 run on Opening Day against Toronto, they've added 58 in their next 10 games to sit 5th overall in the majors for runs scored. Facing NYY tonight will be Matt Andriese, who will be making his 2nd career start. Probably only the #8 or #9 pitcher on the Rays, a glut of injuries will see him in action. He pitched 3.2 innings against Toronto five days ago, and he will likely need to go longer and pitch very well if he is to keep his side in with a shout, as his batters have not had much success when they have faced Pineda previously - hitting just .162 against him.

4 pts Los Angeles Angels @ Houston Astros Over 8 total runs 1.83 Paddy Power:( 2 pts Houston Astros to beat Los Angeles Angeles and Over 7.5 runs in the game 3.10 Paddy Power:(
3 pts double Chicago White Sox to beat Detroit Tigers & San Diego Padres to beat Chicago Cubs pays 4.10 Paddy Power:(
4 pts Tyson Ross to record 6+ strikeouts and San Diego to beat Chicago Cubs 3.50 Paddy Power:(
6 pts ?Chris Sale to record 7+ Strikeouts and Chicago White Sox to beat Detroit Tigers 3.60 Paddy Power:(
Pretty much what pete said. Strikeouts in one winner in the other. One out of two the multi blah blah on to today 28-49 Total staked 241 pts Total returns 257.62 pts Profit 16.62 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 1 pts Jose Abreu to hit a home run and Chicago White Sox to beat Detroit Tigers 11.00 Paddy Power Abreu has a home run against Greene in his career and hit a grand slam last night. Jose Quintana is one of the underrated pitchers in the league and while he had a rocky start to the year but bounced back against Cleveland. I Believe the sox have the pitching edge in this game and the Tigers offense has returned toward earth after the incredible start to the year and the White Sox have been trending the opposite way. With Abreu heating up this could be value if he hits one out

Tigers (-1.5) to bt White Sox - 5pts @ 2.40 Bet365 Tigers (-2.5) to bt White Sox - 2pts @ 3.50 Bet365 Tigers (-3.5) to bt White Sox - 1pt @ 4.90 Bet365 Rockies/Dodgers - Over 8 runs - 5pts @ 2.00 Bet365 Rockies/Dodgers - Over 10 runs - 2pts @ 3.30 Bet365 Yankees (-1.5) to beat Rays - 5pts @ 2.30 Bet365 Yankees (-2.5) to beat Rays - 2pts @ 3.20 Bet365 Yankees (-3.5) to beat Rays - 1pt @ 4.65 Bet365
Let's do some figures early, and get it back in profit ;) Still the runs bet at Dodger Stadium to come, though at 0-2 after 4 it's looking bleak 23-36-1 Staked 200pts Returned 215.04pts P/L +15.04pts

Rockies/Dodgers - Over 8 runs - 5pts @ 2.00 Bet365 Rockies/Dodgers - Over 10 runs - 2pts @ 3.30 Bet365
7 runs :eyes 23-38-1 Staked 207pts Returned 215.04pts P/L +8.04pts Cubs (-1.5) to bt Pirates - 5.1pts @ 2.80 Bet365 Cubs (-2.5) to bt Pirates - 2pts @ 4.00 Bet365 Cubs face AJ Burnett tonight and their batters have had success against him previously. Potential starters tonight are hitting .395 against him in 76 ABs. Pitching for the Cubs will be Arrieta, and he has current Pirates hitting just .190 against him. Twins/Royals - Under 8 runs - 4.4pts @ 1.91 Bet365 Twins/Royals - Under 6 runs - 1.5pts @ 3.30 Bet365 Kansas City look to return to baseball at home to the Twins, after their 3-game UFC series against Oakland, but can't be happy at facing a pitcher who excels against them, and only against them! We won last week when we took Kyle Gibson's Twins to beat Edison Volquez's Royals, but this week, given Gibson's ridiculous 4-0 1.38 ERA against the Royals and the fact the Twins hit just .171 in 41 ABs against Volquez, I'm taking there to be a shortage of runs Padres (-1.5) to bt Rockies - 4pts @ 2.65 Bet365 Padres (-2.5) to bt Rockies - 1.5pts @ 3.50 Bet365 The Padres are another side whose batters have had some good success when previously facing the pitcher they do so tonight. Over a good sample size of 133 ABs, the Padres are hitting a very healthy .388 against him. De La Rosa has an excellent record both at Coors and against the Padres, but as Dan has said in previous write-ups - this Padres lineup is not like previous Padres lineups! Despaigne, on the hill for the Padres, had an excellent first appearance of the season, and was similarly excellent in his only career meeting with the Rockies - K'ing 8 in 7 innings of no-run ball.

Cubs (-1.5) to bt Pirates - 5.1pts @ 2.80 Bet365 Cubs (-2.5) to bt Pirates - 2pts @ 4.00 Bet365 Twins/Royals - Under 8 runs - 4.4pts @ 1.91 Bet365 Twins/Royals - Under 6 runs - 1.5pts @ 3.30 Bet365 Padres (-1.5) to bt Rockies - 4pts @ 2.65 Bet365 Padres (-2.5) to bt Rockies - 1.5pts @ 3.50 Bet365
Good night, other than the Royals tacking on 3 insurance runs in the bottom of the 8th! 27-39-2 Staked 225.5pts Returned 257.47pts P/L +31.97pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Pirates (-1.5) to bt Cubs - 5pts @ 2.45 Bet365 Pirates (-2.5) to bt Cubs - 2pts @ 3.50 Bet365 Liriano v Wood on the mound tonight, and the edge has to be given to Liriano who is holding the Cub batters to just .172 in their previous 93 ABs against him. The Pirates batters boast a much better figure of .281 in 139 ABs facing Wood. Braves (ml) to bt Mets - 4pts @ 2.35 Bet365 Braves (-2.5) to bt Mets - 1pts @ 4.65 The Mets are off to a fast start, and boast the last remaining unbeaten home record. They're big favourites to maintain that honour against the Braves tonight, but I'm siding with the dogs. Current Braves batters have seen plenty of Niese before, and show a not inconsiderable .325 batting average against him, with 50 hits from 154 ABs. Mets batters haven't faced Cahill nearly as much, but are hitting just .214 from the 56 ABs they do collectively have. Sent from my SM-A500FU using PL Forum

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 4 pts St Louis @ Washington race to 4 runs - neither 3.00 skybet 2 pts St Louis @ Washington - race to 3 runs - neither 5.50 skybet Gio Gonzalez. Hasnt been anywhere near his top level this year but he has an excellent record against these Cardinals carrying an era a shade over 1 through 3 starts all quality starts against St Louis. I am still not buying thos Cardinal offense. Lancr Lynn will oppose and he does nothing but win games and pitch well 2.06 in his last 18 starts and a decent record in 2 wins against the Nationals last season allowing a single run. The Nats offense has been far from prilific through this stage of the season also. This looks a low scoring game to me so will play the above Was very close to playing san diego, miami and tampa but not quite able to pull the trigger Good luck all

Pirates (-1.5) to bt Cubs - 5pts @ 2.45 Bet365 Pirates (-2.5) to bt Cubs - 2pts @ 3.50 Bet365 Braves (ml) to bt Mets - 4pts @ 2.35 Bet365 Braves (-2.5) to bt Mets - 1pts @ 4.65
Another 9th inning debacle, this time at PNC Park, costs us a profitable night 27-43-2 Staked 237.5pts Returned 257.47pts P/L +19.97pts

4 pts St Louis @ Washington race to 4 runs - neither 3.00 skybet:) 2 pts St Louis @ Washington - race to 3 runs - neither 5.50 skybet:)
Happy with that. Will update figures when at laptop later 30-50 Total staked 248 pts Total returns 280.62 pts Profit 32.62 pts

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 2pts Red sox to beat the Rays @ 10/11 Williamhill. Although I don't see a massive difference on the mound between these two teams today, I feel the red sox navigating past Archer last night will be a huge psychological boost for them tonight. The rays haven't started the season as they wanted, and by my book I see the Sox putting up 5 or 6 runs against them tonight. With the Rays struggling for runs I'm backing the Red sox as favourites, and Hills is the only bookmaker I'm aware of currently offering them at the same price as the Rays.

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting Royals (-1.5) to bt Twins - 6pts @ 2.30 Bet365 Royals (-2.5) to bt Twins - 2pts @ 3.20 Bet365 KC are 7-1 at home, and they welcomed to chance to get back to baseball, after the UFC series v Oakland, against Minnesota the last 2 nights. They stretched out to an easy 7-1 win on Monday, and showed their resolve in a come-from-behind 6-5 win last night. Tonight they get to face a pitcher in Pelfrey whom their batters see well - hitting at a rate just over .400 through 87 ABs against him. Jimenez to get 7 Ks & Orioles to bt Blue Jays - 2pts @ 4.00 Bet365 Jimenez took the W ten days ago in a clash with Sanchez at Camden Yards, tossing 7 innings of 1-hit ball, striking out 8 and walking just 1. That shouldn't be seen as anything other than him continuing his previous good record against these Blue Jays batters in my opinion, and, given it is a large sample size of 164 ABs that have them hitting just .177 against him, he should be backed to continue that record when re-opposing in Canada tonight. He continued his good form at Fenway last time, but didn't last 4 innings as he had some control issues and ended up getting ejected for hitting Ortiz. Fister to get 4 Ks & Nationals to bt Cardinals - 3pts @ 3.30 Paddy Fister isn't a big strikeout pitcher, but the line is low and the price is good with this one of Paddy's Daily Doubles. I expect Washington to win another tight one against the Cards, and providing his pitch count doesn't get inflated too early, I can easily see him going at least 7 innings. He tossed 4 Ks in 6.2 innings against the Phillies last time, and I like the price as being more than fair for him only having to throw the same amount again tonight in a Nats win. Mariners (-1.5) to bt Astros - 4.5pts @ 2.35 Bet365 Mariners (-3.5) to bt Astros - 1pt @ 4.75 Bet365 It's hard to have much confidence in the Mariners offense to supplement a strong pitching performance any time, but I'll have a play on them doing so tonight. That being on the basis of Happ's excellent record against the Astros as a team, and also against the current Astros batters individually, teamed with Cruz's and Cano's success in their previous encounters with Houston's Hernandez. The current Astros roster has only 2 hits off Happ in 29 ABs, whilst Happ has a 2-0 record in 3 starts against his old team with an ERA of just North of 2. Cano meanwhile is 11-26 against Hernandez, and Cruz has went yard 3 times in just 18 ABs against him. I didn't think there was any value in the 11/5 quotes for Seattle -2.5, so have went with a smaller stake and taken an extra run at almost 4/1

Re: MLB 2015 Season - Match Betting 8 pts San Diego Padres (-1.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 2.45 Coral 4 pts San Diego Padres (-3.5) to beat Colorado Rockies 4.25 Bet365 This was almost the first 10 point bet of the season. James Shields has been his ever solid regular season "Big Game" James self and this Padres offense is starting to drive this season forward as the friars have lost just twice in 11. Colorado after starting the year red ht are regressing back towards the mean expectation of this ballclub, the usual issue in Colorado is the pitching, which segways nicely into Kyle Kendrick . Kendrick has allowed 14 runs over his last two starts, has a horrible record at Coors (then why sign in Colorado) I really cannot see where the Rockies have an edge in this matchup and look for San Diego to keep rolling with a comfortable victory 4 pts Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) to beat Texas Rangers 2.75 William Hill There is not enough that can be said about Archie Bradley and his pitching through two starts this season with wins in opposition of multi Cy Young winner Clay Kershaw and reigning World Series MVP Madison Bumgarner (who face each other tonight) and Arizona emerging victorious on both occasions Bradley is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA. Yovani Gallardo will oppose and is unbeaten for his career against Arizona but Goldschmidt has strong numbers against Gallardo and I am willing to take a chance on Bradley continuing the strong start to his career in the big leagues Good luck all!!

2pts Red sox to beat the Rays @ 10/11 Williamhill. Although I don't see a massive difference on the mound between these two teams today, I feel the red sox navigating past Archer last night will be a huge psychological boost for them tonight. The rays haven't started the season as they wanted, and by my book I see the Sox putting up 5 or 6 runs against them tonight. With the Rays struggling for runs I'm backing the Red sox as favourites, and Hills is the only bookmaker I'm aware of currently offering them at the same price as the Rays.
0-1. -2 Dreadful night for me. Padres looked a banker, cubs could have rolled. First 0-3 of the season for me. Ah well. Onwards and upwards.